the Rift

[OPEN] Leaving

Tiva Posts: 26
Up For Adoption atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 3:: Frostfall HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Ever since her encounter with Volterra she had been wondering further and very south. Tired of the cold and mist the mare sought a warmer dryer place to raise the growing babe within her body. She couldn't remember the last time she had been back tot he Edge, and she didn't really care. While she was wondering around the coast the mare had discovered an island. When the wind blew just right she could make out the scent of several horses. She had staid along the shore watching the winged and wingless leave then return. 'A herd must live out there.' For days she enjoyed the warmth and sun, no mist or evergreens in sight. After a while she came to a decision and headed back for the Edge.

To the dancer leaving and finding somewhere else to rest was normal. 'Try'em till you like'em.' She thought to herself as she traveled to the mist and trees. She sighed softly her slowly growing sides taking the sway out of her dancing steps. Antlered head bobbed slowly with each step as she finally, after what felt like months, made it back to the Edge. Silently she stood at the borders collecting her breath and thoughts. After an hour, and a short nap, the mare called out. She prayed Elsa would not come to see her off. The ice mare had been nothing but nice to her, and she was abandoning her. She stood, blue leg cocked and waited for someone to appear. She knew would be better to have a ranked horse show up than anyone else, but anyone could deliver a message, right?
image credits | table by wanda

Speech
Words| 273
Tags| Anyone really maybe @Tembovu ?
Notes| Tiva is leaving to go live in the Throat, this wont be a long thread(I don't think anyway)
[Image: _pixel___commission__tiva_by_poolpaw-d8e0uyy.png][Image: silverdreamermist2_by_cantatus_promise-d8ja232.gif]
Please Tag

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Set a fire deep in my soul; One I can't contain, one I won't control.
Ears twitched as a call melodiously floated into them. Great head swiveled, thick horn slicing through the heavy, misted air as a navy gaze cut towards the Edge’s borders. The call was vaguely familiar— someone within the Edge to be certain. But not someone he knew closely. Heavy limbs of ebony and ivory move into a slow, easy jog, carrying his great mass towards the source of the summoning.

Approaching a place clear of glass between the trees, his eyes alighted on the lithe, antlered woman whose hooves seemed more prone to dancing than walking. Navy gaze took in her spotted skin, rose-grey color, and stuck momentarily on her swollen sides. Another pregnant within the Edge? Birdsong was coming, he mused. And he, himself, had a child of his own. The thought warmed his dark eyes and his black muzzle as a greeting slipped from his thick lips, “Hello Tiva. Should I congratulate you?” His loosely spiraled horn motioned towards her showing, pregnant belly.

Mbwene had easily kept up with the slow jog of her bonded, trundling alongside him and trumpeting a greeting to the woman who stood so relaxed amid the trees. Where Tembovu stopped, her small elephant body continued on, approaching the uniquely colored woman. Her bright blue eyes were trained on the equally blue feather bobbing from her antler, trunk outstretched and a short, questioning squeak escaping her. Ears flapped insistently, both in greeting and curiosity, as she finally halted right in front of the mare. “This is Mbwene,” the Elephant King belatedly introduced the young calf— though the end of Frostfall found her slowly loosing her calf-like features.
image & coding

@Tiva I hope it's okay that he noticed her pregnancy! If not, I can change it.

Please tag Tembovu.

Tiva Posts: 26
Up For Adoption atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 3:: Frostfall HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
The swollen mare didn't have to wait long before the ground started to shake. 'What the...?' Instead of freaking out like most horses would have she simply stood there looking chill. This close to the Edge Tiva was sure it wouldn't be anything to bad. Sure enough it wasn't anything bad at all, but Tembovu. Butterflies tickled the lining of her gut. Sure she had wanted someone ranked, but Tembovu had always been nice to her, and she hated to tell him this almost as much as she would have Elsa.

Silver eyes scanned quickly over his buckskin, white, and black pelt before resting upon his eyes. She caught him doign the same to her, only slower. She watched his navy blue gaze settle upon her swollen sides. Swallowing hard she smiled softly as his deep voice rumbled out. "Hi Tembovu. Thank you, I'm very excited."  She smiled and cast a loving glance at her flanks. An image of Volterra flashed in her mind causing her smile to grow. Turning back to the massive stallion before her she watched him bracing herself.

Before her words could grace his ears a grey creature caught her attention. So wrapped up in the thought of her baby and it's sire the girl hadn't noticed it. Ears pricked as she lowered her head curiously having never seen another creature like her before. "Well, hello sweetheart."  She beamed warmly as the creature as she made her way closer. The creature made an odd trumpeting sound which only intrigued the mare more. Carefully she reached out trying to sniff the pretty things face while her ears flapped against her head. Tembovu's words were not lost on her. "It's a pleasure to meet you Mbwene. Tembovu I've never seen a creature like her before. I hate to be rude, but what is she?"  Noticing Mbwene watching the feathers in her antlers she ducked her head allowing them to blow around the grey's face.

She smiled watching the creature curiously, until reality came back. Sighing softly she kept her head lowered but turned to look at the mighty king. "Tembovu, I'm sorry to say this but I'm leaving the Edge."  She paused for a moment a small frown touching her delicate face. "I mean no offense to the people here or you, but I just don't click with the landscape as much as I thought I would. Everyone here is very nice and I hate to leave, but I'm just not as happy here as I had hoped." Silver eyes gazed imploringly up at him, praying he would understand.
image credits | table by wanda

Speech
Words| 431
Tags| @Tembovu
Notes| She'll probably leave in the next post, unless he wants to talk more <3
[Image: _pixel___commission__tiva_by_poolpaw-d8e0uyy.png][Image: silverdreamermist2_by_cantatus_promise-d8ja232.gif]
Please Tag

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Set a fire deep in my soul; One I can't contain, one I won't control.
Mbwene squeaked with glee as the antlered woman lowered her head, thus bringing the dancing feather into reach of her outstretched trunk. Gently and (surprisingly) daintily, the tip of her trunk traced the edges of the bright blue feather, before carefully grasping its stem and moving it through the air. It was as bright as her bonded’s eyes when he laughed, and she liked it. Bright blue eyes and attention shifted from the feather to the warm words coming from the mare’s dipped muzzle. Her trunk releases the trinket, instead stretching towards the woman’s sniffing nose. Her trunk tip ran over the rose-grey velvet, gently grasping some whiskers, before letting her long appendage drop loosely to the forest floor.

“Mbwene is an elephant, my namesake from my homelands,” his low rumble was warm and amused by his bonded’s antics as he answered Tiva’s question, “You are not rude at all. Many ask about her,” his head dipped and the calf begrudgingly shuffled away from the woman of bright trinkets and kind words, coming alongside Tembovu. The King bumped on of her ears softly, which won him an annoyed twitch of her tasseled tail, before his attention was drawn back to the dancing mare.

His brows raised, smile and warmth fading from his face as she spoke of leaving. He stayed silent for a long moment, navy eyes meeting the imploring pale ones of the pregnant woman. Finally, his low voice rumbled, “I cannot say I understand, Tiva, because wanderlust has never plagued me. But I respect your choice— however, should you wish to return, the Edge is open to you.” He lingered for a moment before dipping his massive horn in departure and fading into the Edge’s ever-present mists.
image & coding

@Tiva That's fine <3

Please tag Tembovu.