the Rift

[PRIVATE] Love ain't for us, We crave a different type Buzz

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
 Have you ever noticed how every hurricane gets its name from a girl like this?
You're gonna wish you had a storm warning; you're gonna wish you had a sign.
</style>

Perfect hooves picked their way through the lands of the Edge. The land laid under a soft coat of the winters frozen tears. White crystals crunched under her delicate weight, but she almost seemed to be floating over the frozen world. Long silk tresses kissed the ground that she walked on, as she picked her way through the trees and bushes. The sun found its self so attracted to the beauty, it could not keep its rays from her golden cream pelt. It jumped across the curves of her feminine form, trying to touch her soft pelt even in the shadows. Teal eyes glistened with bright blue and green, but they were sprinkled with silver fairy dust that sparkled. Opalescent colors of her sharp horn reached for the clouds above her skull. Raeden was a creature of exquisiteness, with no flaw to be seen by the naked eye. Her hooves did not even bare a single crack.

The two traveled to the boarder of Edge, and she found her gazing upon the ruins of the glass wall. Teal orbs scanned over the bits and shards of glass that laid in crumbs around her hooves. I wonder how this happened… Her sweet tones carried in the frozen air as she looked to Tin. The deer like creature found that he could not stand to look at this shamble of a mess any longer. He carefully started cleaning up the shards around them. His delicate mouth picked up sharpened pieces and carried them to a small designated spot. Raeden watched for a little before she moved closer to the small deer with OCD.  Well I guess we can’t have our home looking like a hot mess. A light chuckle slipped from her maw causing the frozen breath to cloud around her facial features. Lowering her crowned skull she began to grasp the larger shards of glass Tin could not carry. She was able to make a few trips before a gasp flew from her maw, and a crimson liquid dripped from the angel’s soft nose.

A grumble came after the gasp; if the words were audible one would not expect that out of such a beautiful mare. Orbs watched the scarlet substance drip into the frosted world below. The pure white soon turned spattered with red impurities. A frown then found its way to her features as she watched the drops flee to the ground. She was not upset with the cut on her nose ( Other than the fact it stained her coat ), she started thinking about her family. She wondered if Ru would ever forgive her, and if their parents were still alive. What if she was the drop of blood that ruined the purity to her family? The pale queen had been gone for so long, Rae felt like she did not know this world anymore. Everything was different, and there was nothing that was the same. For god sakes her OWN sister had changed. Then her mind trailed off on another path. What if it wasn’t the world that had changed, but what if she had changed?

Shaking her head quickly ,the silk strands of her forelock fell into her silver speckled gaze. Raeden snapped out of her gaze just in time to see Tin had finished cleaning up all the glass around them. A smile found its way back to her maw, as she stepped away from the tainted crimson snow. It made her happy to see how much Tin had done. Her hoof kicked the last straggler of glass into the pile with a satisfied sigh. Then her gaze looked beyond the boarders wondering thoughts flew her mind. What else were they going to do today?

words words

Image Credits

@Mauja
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
but somewhere here in between the city walls of dyin' dreams
The smell of blood drew them.

Wild things lurked in the Edge forest—wild things lurked in all of Helovia—and the unfortunate demise of small animals was not uncommon; but the owls were opportunistic. Bound together by a third soul they had one advantage over their still-wild kin: numbers. It had happened on more than one occasion that they had stolen the kill of some unfortunate predator, but given how easy it would be for the owls to live a lazy lifestyle as thieves it was a bit surprising how seldom they did it. Perhaps it was pride, or the love for the hunt, or some other reason no one exactly knew—but their keen senses picked up the smell of fresh blood, and for a lack of better things to do, they wheeled away from Mauja to investigate the source.

Sunlight glittered along the metallic barring on Irma's back; it struck deep navy glints and it was with a twinge of sadness that Mauja watched it. Sometimes, it seemed like the owls cared more for each other than they did for him—he was the glue holding them together, but they were two of a kind, made from the same stuff down to their hollow bones. They loved—deeply, fiercely, two pulsating wells of warmth in the frigid darkness.

But he could not fly with them. He could not hunt with them. He could not perch up in the trees, sleeping the days away; he couldn't swoop in on near-silent wings and grasp the fragile, warm body of a mouse in a well-padded, taloned foot.

He was a horse. They were owls. They would have had nothing to do with one another if not for whatever magic it was which brought their souls together.

His blue eyes fell from the sunny sky to the snow-laden shadows, and with a decidedly unhappy look upon his face he sidled in under some trees. It wasn't that the rays were warm—they weren't, they were still cold with winter's lingering bite. But it felt like he was watched, as if the sun-beams chased along the muscles of his neck to his face, and bored deep into his pale eyes, straight to the core of his soul.

And he didn't want anyone hearing his spirit sigh the words, "perhaps they would've been better off without me".

The fact that he and Irma had been fated for one another—that someone, presumably Spark, had bent the fabric of time and space singularly to make sure they had found one another—was a small comfort. Diego, aside from a spirit blessing him, hadn't been fated in any way. He had been Irma's choice, and there they were, flying wing-to-wing, one made of ice, the other of fire.

He smoothed the sorrow from his face, and followed them.

What they found—and by extension, he—wasn't a fresh kill, though. It was a mare, one he didn't know, with blood dripping from her muzzle, staining the snow around them. A pile of glass shards lay nearby, tracks, both hers and that of her cervid, churning up the snow. Clearly, someone had been at work here, and cut herself on the still-sharp fragments. The owls, uninterested in Helovia's equine population, settled on the crystal staff jammed in between his back and the leather satchel. Mauja, on the other hand, couldn't just back out of the situation in the same way, so he stopped where he was and merely tilted his head at her.

[ @Raeden ]
man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

</style>

Drip, Drip, Drip fell the drop of blood to the soft snow below her. The crimson substance stained the world below her and her teal eyes just watched it. Raeden had nothing to say, and her eyes held not one tear drop. The sounds of wings beating against the cool air above drug her attention away from the tainted frost. Her crowned skull rose to the heaven above to watch the winged creatures fly. Orbs watched them with intent as there wings cut through the air like a knife. Tin also raised his heavy skull to watch the wing beast fly. Green and Teal orbs did not break their gaze one time untill...

Wings came lower to the ground and their eyes followed. Raeden wondered for a moment what it would be like to fly. What if she could get away from the world below and all the drama for one second? Teal orbs found them resting on a crystal like perch that was attached to something. Scanning over crystal like rod they found what was holding this thing up. A leather satchel, then the cold body of another creature. Eyes kept scanning over the white pelt that was spattered with small spots. She finally found the face of the beast. His head was tilted with no expression on his face. He was quiet and had not one word to say to the mare. Her crowned skull turned to the side as her silver flecks grew into a wild fire. Eyes narrowed just as her own companions did. The bleeding trail started to slow, but still dripped from her maw in an unsteady pace.

Time felt like it was frozen for a moment or two. The unicorns had locked gazes, and neither of them spoke a word. Tin reached his small black nose out to take in the scent of the stallion. He slowly looked over to Raeden wondering what the mare was going to do. Cream tresses hung over her eyes in soft silken strands. Her mind was at a standstill unsure what to think of this frozen looking stallion. Her maw parted softly, but not a single word flooded from her mouth. Instead the dripping crimson liquid found its way to her lips. This felt like a moment that would not end until a few simple words were offered from her pale maw Hello I am Raeden. Her smile brightened as she watched to beast. All his alluring charm soaked into her teal orbs as she was finally able to take a better look at him. She would not let her drive for beautiful men take over her. Her pale gold body remained calm and still; as the silk like strands flicked in a lazy fashion over her cloud markings.

words words

Image Credits

@Mauja
Ascended Helovian

He wasn't sure what he was doing. Hells, he wasn't even sure this was real—that he was real, and not just sleep-walking. Maybe he had shifted out of time again? It certainly wouldn't surprise him, because .. there was just something about the situation which felt vaguely unreal. Maybe it was the lingering winter, maybe it was the way the sunlight fell between the needles and filtered down, and how the gilded dust motes danced in the air—or maybe it was the slow drip of blood from her pale nose, and the silence which hung heavy between them. Eyes met, pale blue and silver-flecked teal, and Mauja felt at a loss for what to say, or do. Part of him still wanted to back away and go to sleep, but that would be very rude.

He didn't need to alienate more of the herd than he already had. But what could he say? 'Hey, you're bleeding'? As if she didn't know. What was standard protocol when interacting with a bleeding herd-mate? Call for a medic? But it was such a tiny gash—

She solved the problem for him. The silver in her eyes had somehow hardened, glinting like steel with a light of their own, pushed into sharp focus by the narrowing of her eyes. (Ouch.) "Hello I am Raeden." And her lips, which had parted previously but in no expression he had been able to decipher, pulled into a bright, charming smile.

At least he thought it was charming—it was inviting, and from a purely aesthetic perspective, it made her prettier. Maybe it was something about the way it made her seem more open? Whatever the case, it seemed she had decided he wasn't intruding terribly much, and a tension he hadn't been aware of went out of him in a smoky sigh. Times were changing, becoming stranger and stranger, if it truly was so that he got a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach just because someone might dislike him.

Maybe it was because he was judging himself through the eyes of others all the time.

If they found him wanting, then surely, that was the truth.

"Hello," he answered softly, quietly, the word barely more than a breath. The dappled light playing across her hide struck glints of gold from her coat, but, he noticed absently, there were some streaks of silver, too. Scars, or just a pattern? "I am Mauja." (And not the Mauja she had met once, a lifetime ago, the Lost Prince of Skogamark—that Mauja had, by the grace of the gods, found his way home again.)

Slowly, he shifted his gaze away from her face. She was beautiful, but.. he wasn't blind; even he could see that. But his mind was replaying a memory, of having brought Katerina home from the Threshold, and the way Tembovu had been drawn to her, exchanging small, flirtatious comments, and how deeply it had disturbed him. He wasn't ready to think about it, not right now, but as his gaze brushed across Raeden's shoulder while heading for Tin, he realized that whatever it was which had driven Tembovu to compliment Katerina in such a way, Mauja wasn't feeling it. The thought, the idea that he was lacking something, was uncomfortable, so he busied himself with studying the Cerndyr. "The pair of you cleaning up some?" he asked, feeling like he had to ask something, and it was the most tangible thing he could ask.

[ Sorry for the wait, again. Life went om nom nom on me. @Raeden ]

</style>

The encounter was otherworldly to say the least. His cold white coat stood there in front of her and the air around them seemed to freeze in not only silence, but a frosted feel. Silver flecks brightened as the frozen man finally decided to speak to her a bit more. The husky voice drifted in the air as he spoke the single word of hello. Raeden tilted her head as the cold beast finally spoke his name. Mauja she squinted her eyes thinking back to the past. White and black spots clouded in her memory, and she could only say the name rings a bell. He knew the old Raeden, the one who was dependent on others, and the one who was always looking for her perfect man. Times had changed and she was independent now.The breeze started to form and them trying to fill the silent air with hallowed whispers.

Do not look so tense, I feel like you think I am judging you Mauja. Honey words broke the silence once again filling the empty space with kind words. Raeden watched his expression it was blank, and cold except there was a glimmer of something hiding. Deep in the frozen walls there was a warmth that radiated from withing him. Maybe that is why they call this beast the Frozen Light. Teal orbs settled to the bloody ground below. The crimson drops of blood finally came to a halt. As her eyes glanced to the frozen man she could see him studying the scarlet marking on her soft muzzle. It does not hurt any more. I am fine. The brief words floated from her mouth like a reassuring song. I could not stand to look at the shattered glass any longer. This is our home and we should keep it clean. So I figured me and Tin would get a head start. A cheerful smile held no remorse or pain from the small cut on her nose.

Raeden moved to walk closer to the shard pile of glass. Pale gold glimmered and the beams of sun hugged her curves. Cream hooves came to a stop as she kicked the last shard into the pile. Sugar colored tresses kissed the could markings on her back as she softly flicked her tail. Silver flecks looked back over to the frozen beast. How long have to been in Edge? If you do not mind me asking. I am sorry if I am bothering you. If you have other things to do, I do not want to hold you up with a conversation.

words words

Image Credits

@Mauja
Ascended Helovian

So.

Socializing when you had nothing to hide behind—purpose, role, duty, whatever—sucked. It was like having someone rip the carpet out from underneath him all the time.

He already knew all that, of course. He hadn't lived for nearly thirteen years and learned nothing. (He had lived nearly thirteen years and learned ..well, but a fraction of all there was to know, a thin, slim sliver, like a distant glimmer of sunlight behind snow-clouds.)

No, it was her words. "Do not look so tense, I feel like you think I am judging you Mauja." Like being slapped in the face with a cold, wet fish, all damp and clammy and full of little scales getting into your eyes, your nose, your mouth. He didn't blame her keen eye for having seen the tension in his shoulders and spine, or at least having seen it leave him, but he blamed her for the too-accurate guesswork. He didn't need anyone jumping to conclusions and guessing his state of mind. There was a reason he had for so long practiced the art of hiding what he felt: to avoid someone knowing his mind.

"I'm always nervous around strangers," he replied with blunt honesty, unaware that it might insult a herd-mate to call them a stranger. But, that was how he was—when he wasn't speaking silence, he spoke the truth. He had no need for lies anymore. He had no need for deceit, beyond the game he played with his body.

But her guesswork had stolen some of the warmth from him.

With words of explanation about her doings she turned her back on him, retracing her steps through the disturbed, bloodied snow towards the glittering pile of shards. "Noble," he said, lightly, long pale trail dragging through the snow as he took a few curious steps after her. "It seems a never-ending work." The glass tinkled as the last shard joined its kin, kicked into place by the pale mare. She turned her head to face him again, and the sunlight glowed upon her forelock and back.

"Bothering me?" he replied with slight bewilderment, fighting down the urge to pounce on the opportunity to leave this awkward meeting behind. "I'm the one who stumbled over you, you're the one who can lay claim to being 'bothered'. But, as for your question, I have lived here for, oh.. one and a half year now, maybe?" And for a year a long, long time ago. He had been the first King of this land after the long, bloody war, but it was something best left unsaid. His tail flicked, once. "And you?"

[ @Raeden ]