the Rift

[OPEN] Dancer in the sand(joining?)

Tiva Posts: 26
Up For Adoption atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 3:: Frostfall HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

Since her talk with Tembovu the mare had made the long trek back the sandy island she had seen before. She could vaguely remember Elsa, the first time she had met her, mentioning a desert home. She had called it the Throat and said the Sun God ruled over it, like the Moon did for the World's Edge. 'I wonder if the Throat has another name to go along with it? I mean the Hidden Falls, World's Edge, Aura Basin, surely it has another word with it as well?' Wondering she walked all the way to the shore and stood watching the island from the shadows. Slowly the sun set and she mare found herself growing sleepy. Huffing and puffing the mare slowly lowered to the soft sand soaking the heat from the grainy land.

As the sun rose so did Tiva refreshed and ready to try and join the Throat. Taking a deep breath she stepped towards the shore right in front of the Throat. Silver eyes watched the island carefully appreciation gnawed at her stomach as she drew in a breath. A sharp loud whinny shook her swollen sides as she tried to reach out to the residents of the island. Would these people accept her as willingly as Elsa had? What if they turned her away, where would she go? The Aura Basin was out of the question, she was trying to get away from the cold not embrace it. That only left the Hidden Falls; problem being it was hidden. Sighing heavily she settled in to wait. If her voice hadn't carried just right she was sure they would have no idea she was here, and it could be a very long time before someone noticed her waiting.

Image Credits
- table by Niki -

Note;  Tiva wants to join! Sorry it sucks so bad xD I hate starting posts lol
Tags; Ranked so she can be accepted(hopefully) and anyone else! maybe @Aithniel ?
[Image: _pixel___commission__tiva_by_poolpaw-d8e0uyy.png][Image: silverdreamermist2_by_cantatus_promise-d8ja232.gif]
Please Tag

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

i want to make the best of what is left, hold tight
and hear my beating heart one last time
before daylight

The Sun Sultana's emotions were something akin to Russian roulette these days; she'd always been subject to the ebb and flow of her own temper but now with the raging hormones of her pregnancy she had higher highs and lower lows and moved between them as often enough to give Gwaihir Emotional whiplash. With his bonded entering the later stages of her term, the eagle liked to keep close but he had little enough patience at the best of times and so had left her for his morning hunt and stayed away longer then he might usually have. Meg was in a one of her better moods, contentment with her home and her family and disposed to approve of everyone and everything in her sun-drenched realm.

She took herself toward the northern stretch of beach, enjoying the warmth that the onset of spring brought with it. To call it a “patrol” might have been a stretch, but even with her mobility somewhat limited, Megaera liked to remain active and informed of the goings on in the Dragons’s Throat. Her side were rounded, and flight had already become bore than a little ungainly so she kept to the sound, leaving a trail of hoof prints along the beach. 

The call across the water caught her attention, quiet as it was, and she made a beeline for the bridges’ invisible base which was conveniently not far ahead. She rose, carried by wings of flame rather than her own, the Sun God’s magic activated by the golden key kept hidden in the feathers at the base of her left wing. She saw the unicorn mare below, and because she was alone, waiting politely (unlike some people) Meg felt no rise on suspicion or aggression. She touched down upon the shore of the Heart side and moved toward the mare. “Hail, I am Megaera, Sultana of Dragon’s Throat. Do you have business on our sands?” She greeted the mare pleasantly coming to a stop and taking a moment to adjust her footing(one can never find a comfortable way to stand when tiny hooves are kicking your insides).

Art by Nikkayla

@Tiva
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Tiva Posts: 26
Up For Adoption atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 3:: Frostfall HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

The mare didn't have to wait long before something incredible happened. Fire, a bridge of fire appeared before her with a mare ridding upon it. White eyes grew wide as the instinct to flee flooding through her overly round body. her hide quivered as she forced her legs to remain still. When the bay mare stepped from the flames and they disappeared her body slowly relaxed once more. She took in the mare's warrior build and scars carefully. She did not miss the how swollen her sides to be as well.

A warm smile spread over the mare's face as she dipped her antlered head low. Ears pricked and twitched as the Sultana spoke asking if she had any business here. Her warm bell like voice rang in in response, "My name is Tiva, and we're here seeking a home." Feeling slightly bashful, with a splash of guilty, she gestured to her large sides. Clearing her throat nervously she continued, "I was living in the World's Edge, but I couldn't stand the mist and I felt so trapped under all those trees." A shiver ran over her hide at the thought of the towering evergreens. She was sure some would call her crazy for speaking so openly, but Tiva had nothing to hide. Why would she try to hide anything, especially from a mare that very well might be her next leader.

Even though she was taller than the bay lady before her, she felt much smaller. This leader oozed confidence and pride. To the dancer she was the embodiment of a women warrior. Her side jumped as the foal inside her kicked out. Her brow furrowed in aggravation as she turned to nip her sore side. Turning back to the mare she smiled shyly, "Sorry about that, I feel like my insides are all bruised." She laughed feeling oddly nervous as she shifted her considerable bulk around.

Image Credits
- table by Niki -

Tags; @Megera
[Image: _pixel___commission__tiva_by_poolpaw-d8e0uyy.png][Image: silverdreamermist2_by_cantatus_promise-d8ja232.gif]
Please Tag

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
[quote='Megaera' pid='178174' dateline='1462677452']

i want to make the best of what is left, hold tight
and hear my beating heart one last time
before daylight

Megaera regarded the mare carefully, taking in the tall antlers and dusting of spots; perhaps the white eyes were a bit strange, a bit otherworldly, but they reminded her of Mesec’s and to the desert lady was not so disturbed by them. The mare had her share of trinkets, , pretty blue beads and feathers and as she often did Meg had a mild urge to ask why others picked such things to carry with them, but it always seemed like such a personal question for such a new acquaintance. She had carried a trinket like them once, one that spoke of death, but had shed it to start a new phase of her life, her life in the Dragon’s Throat.

Whatever this unicorn’s past, it seemed her life had brought her to the sands as well, and the sultana listened attentively. She nodded, a warm smile spreading, at the other mare’s use if “we”, and even to this relative stranger she felt nothing but a sympathetic understanding, like some spiritual bond of sisterhood united the two pregnant mares. Whether that would hold forever non could say, but the notion put Meg in a welcoming mood. Now could she blame Tiva for her dislike for the mists of the Moon Goddess’s domain or the suffocating press of trees. She gave a comparable chuckle. “I know feeling, I have always preferred the open sky to the confines of a forrest, you’ll find plenty of sky in Dragon’s Throat. You and your child would be most welcome here Tiva.”

Even as it seemed that Tiva’s child was giving it’s mother a kick, Meg felt her own shift positions, and even as she shifted her weight again smiled sympathetically at the mare’s shy look. “You don’t have to apologize to me, I quite understand; I don’t think I’ve been truly comfortable in days.” She glanced back across the water towards her island before looking at the mare. “The bridge is the Sun’s own magic, quite safe as long as you’re not bothered by heights, I can take you across and we’ll have the crafters make your own key so you can come and go as you please.”

Art by Nikkayla

@Tiva Sorry for the abominable wait!!!!
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::