the Rift

[PRIVATE] I've tried it my way [Tor]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Come to me in the night hours. I will wait for you. And I can't sleep 'cause thoughts devour me.

Ophelia stood in the snow, shedding the cares of the world from her weighted shoulders once more. Here, in the blanket of white she felt pure, clean and renewed. Her heart beat fervently in her chest, a symphony of emotion no longer caged and captured in the recesses of shattered prisons. Though shadows still lay in the damaged places, she was growing stronger day by day. Like a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, she fully shed "the Forsaken" and embraced "the Amaranthine", knowing that she was loved deeply and selflessly by one...

She smiled, the expression bright and adoring - so strange on her usually solemn features. Odd, two colored eyes danced across the horizon, trying to find the man who was on her mind. Together they had spent most of the winter season holed up in various caves in the mountains, keeping warm by being side by side. But like two hibernating beasts, they felt the onset of Birdsong in their veins and ventured forth from their darkness into dawn.

A musical laugh bounced along the snowbanks, amused at his disappearance. How could such a massive beast as he simply vanish? "Tor, where are you?" she called, chuckling as she pranced through the white powder. Her mousy gray nostrils sniffed at the ground and at nearby trees, wandering in big spirals in an attempt to find out where he was hiding. Somewhere along the way south they had separated, and she now searched for his dark figure and daunting horns in the outlying wooded areas.

The warrior had nothing else on her mind at the moment. She did not consider the knowledge she was lacking, the power she lost by not knowing secrets nor the age of the information she held onto now. Herd politics completely escaped her notice, wrapped up as she was in her own love. In a way, you could say she lost herself, but she felt found. No longer did she have to hide this part of her away to be the icy, unyielding queen. In Torleik's gaze, she was able to be broken, loving, imperfect...

This was why she loved him.

"Tor, this isn't funny." Ophelia huffed slightly, stopping her search and standing beneath a fir tree, breath still puffing white as she longingly stared into the distance.

Heartstrings Come Undone
You know I'm trying to believe that you're never gonna leave...
Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

Absconding away with this woman for the winter was he happiest memory Torleik had in the pathways of his brain, nothing else comparing to the tranquility and fulfillment he experienced over the past season. Days and nights spent with Ophelia by his side, and no other worries on his conscience. His only purpose to love and protect this woman, and one that he fulfilled completely and without fail for days on end. It was a break from the world he desperately needed, and a boost to his sense of self that could not have come at a better time.

But winter was now over, and with the ensuing thaw came the urge to move, the restlessness that always accompanied springtime. Ever the protector, as Phi had ventured out, Torleik had gone on ahead to scout and make sure no one unwanted or unsavory was skulking about ahead of them. His crimson angel could take care of herself, as she reminded him at every turn, but that didn't give him an excuse to slack in his duties as her mate. Nothing ever would.

Her musical laugh reached him over the dunes of snow, her voice calling out, thinking he was hiding. Funny, how she would turn such things into games; it still surprised him, her rather playful nature when she was at ease. Satisfied that they were not going to be set upon by anyone, the Bloodskald turned back and retraced his path to Ophelia, emerging into sight-line of her mere moments after she pouted that his disappearance wasn't funny anymore. Quietly, he approached from behind and lightly lipped at her rump. "I was looking ahead for us," he rumbled, coming alongside her and nuzzling her neck. "I didn't meant to hide from you, my love."

@Ophelia

"talk talk talk"

"This winter breath, taste of death
Where iron meets flesh. we'll take it all"

Coding by Tamme with credits to Sevin | Art by Yewrezz
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia hoped it was a game, because some small part of her always worried that he would disappear like the rest. Her heart was fragile - having been stepped on and left by so many in her life. All of her friends were gone now except for her sister. Osiris, the half-wolf, the painted mare who left her for a child, Djinn, and so many others. The constants in her life were those whom she admired for their strength and perseverance like Archibald, Gaucho and even Deimos. Together, they were monuments of a former age, standing strong in the face of time and adversity. Ophelia had always believed she would stand there alone...

Until now.

Lips kissed her backside, and she grunted, ears flying backward as she kicked up her heels. Her softer, doe-like hooves collided gently with a strong chest as she looked over her shoulder to see Torleik there. Apology immediately replaced the anger, and she spun, shoving her nose lovingly into his hair. "I am so sorry," she said. "You snuck up on me." Phi then backed away a little, letting him approach and brush along her neck, offering a small smile as recompense for her actions.

He spoke about where he had been - scouting ahead - and she bowed her neck to lightly brush off the snow she had kicked onto his broad chest. Ophelia then nibbled up his shoulder to his thick, dark hair, eyes shimmering in the fading forever winter light. All of her worries and cares melted away like the snow in the summer sun, and she circled his orbit with her heart. "You can tell me about your scouting later," she muttered, working up to one of his fuzzy, velvet ears to nibble at it affectionately.

Phi saw Tinek's shadow circle overhead, a comfort as she clamped her teeth around one of his messy braids to pull the dark stallion into the dense thicket of the woods. She knew that they would have to return to civilization eventually, but she wanted to enjoy every moment along the way. If she learned one thing, it was that life could be fleeting. Tomorrow, she could be struck down by lightning or Torleik could cease to exist entirely. But today... she still had today.

"I love you," she whispered, tucking her neck up under his and looking into his blue gaze openly.

Heartstrings Come Undone
You know I'm trying to believe that you're never gonna leave...
Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!