the Rift

[PRIVATE] Are you, are you coming to the tree?

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

"Please, do not be afraid," His voice was a deep baritone, laced with authority and power but also some gentle tone--that tone known only through fatherhood. Archibald stood before the sunrise-painted woman like the true warrior he was. His posture was straight, his head high, his eyes glazed over in some stoney fashion. His muscles, however, were relaxed and not tense. Loretta stood at his side, his forever loyal woman, watching the mare with curious eyes. Why do we want her again? She asked, tail curling over her back and head lowering level with her shoulders. She looks like a coward.

Loretta, hush. We need members, and she does not look well as an outcast.

Whatever.

Archibald's tail flicked against his hocks, his neck arching some, the muscles beneath and old burn scar bulging. "I am Archibald the Dauntless, and I lead the Hidden Falls herd." He let his words sink in, pausing purposefully, "You look like a herd could do you well, and you it." He wondered why, in fact, she was an outcast. Why did she choose to live this life of solitude? Archibald had chosen it for himself and his family, but living in and leading a herd was much more conducive to a Helovian life.

Maybe she is from the Rift. Loretta chimed in, amber eyes looking sideways towards her bonded. Archibald simply gave a mental hum in her direction. Perhaps she was from the Rift. In that case, she may not understand the politics in Helovia. Archibald took a step forward, "We mean you no harm."

table by tamme for use only by time | |art by her too

@Persephone

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
Persephone
To suggest that the sunset mare did not look well as an outcast would be an understatement.  Her pretty locks were ragged, despite her best attempts to clean them; her ribs showed, albeit just barely, beneath her colorful hide.  There was a gaunt look to her eyes that spoke of hardship and fear, and as she cowered before the massive stallion, it was quite obvious that she was not well-suited to the life of a loner.  She was not entirely unhealthy, but it had been a long, difficult winter, and she had not fared well as an outcast.

Still, what was she to have done?  It had been difficult enough to gather her courage to leave the Halcyon Flats, had been terrifying enough to attempt conversation with those who happened to wander through.  What if they had wanted to hurt her?  Use her?  Steal her?  And then, lo and behold, this Dauntless Czar had appeared to usher her into his dark grasp.  It seemed just then that all of her fears had been well-placed, that she had worried for a very good reason.  What chance did she stand against such a strong stallion?

And so she stood before him, shaking with fear, refusing to meet his gaze.  Her ears were flicked back, her eyes cast to the sands, her body was tense, all waiting for a biting word or a bitter strike that would not come.  It was the waiting that tormented the girl, for she had no doubt that this stallion, like her father, had use only for what benefit she could offer him.  But here... she could no longer raise the dead.  She could think of only one other use that could attract a stallion, and somehow the threat of physical use scared her more than anything else.

Do not be afraid, he said; she peered cautiously up at him from beneath her forelock, distrust evident in the fearful lines of her face.  What trickery is this?  He continued to speak, and she stared at him stupidly, uncomprehending.  He had taken her, and yet he had done so merely to offer her a home?  He had stolen her, and yet he meant her no harm?  She might have laughed at the absurdity, but something about his menacing dominant pose cowed her into silence.  A moment passed, and then two.

Then:  "Why?" she croaked, her voice a hoarse squeak.  She cleared her throat, shaking her head, forcing her eyes to refocus and her voice to work.  "Wh-what did I -- h-how did you -- why me?"

"Speech."

OOC ;; @Archibald
Lost in hell, my dear. It's not so dreadful here
Image Credit
[Image: 5626e4bc4fe1a]
pixel by Kiara <3

Please tag Persephone in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.
Persephone always goes by the alias "Cora."

Want to plot with Persephone? Visit her plot page here!

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

She was uncomfortable. Well, that was an understatement. She was afraid, and she clearly did not trust him even as he spoke his intentions. Lay down. He commanded the shedog at his side, and obediently she lowered herself onto her belly, her chin on her paws, but inwardly she grumbled her discontent to her bondmate. Archibald ignored her, taking a step back from the woman as she spoke to him. He let his golden eyes move across her hide, trying to pinpoint the exact words he wanted to say, the words that would not offend her.

"For someone to survive so long in the Wilds alone, they must be strong.." Archibald's voice was hard, matter-of-fact, and stern. He did believe that, somewhere inside of her heart, there was strength. The new lands the Riftian gods brought over were harsh, and to traverse them alone this mare must have some grit. They could use that in the Hidden Falls. "Despite my appearance, we in the Hidden Falls are not all brusque warriors." He offered her a small smile, and it felt foreign and odd on his lips. When was the last time he smiled? "We seek to fill our ranks with the skilled: warriors, healers, thieves, the spiritual..." his baritone voice trailed off, and he took another step backward.

"I will not, however, hold you against your will. You are free to make the decision. I took you away from the land you have been in for seasons so you would have a clear mind, unhindered from the sands." Archibald lowered his head some, indicating that he would not follow her should she decide to leave him here now, his request thrown to the wind. "I am not seeking slaves." His voice was sincere, his face softening some.
table by tamme for use only by time | |art by her too

@Persephone

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
Persephone
The dog settled into the dust alongside her bonded, drawing the sunset mare's gaze for a moment. So distracted had she been by the massive form of Archibald that she had yet to truly look at the wolf-like creature that accompanied him. Somehow, Loretta was the least terrifying of the two, and Persephone forced herself to focus on the golden-brown colors of the Malamute's fur, the way it faded to a white chest and legs, the pretty, expressive features of the dog's face; she did not look at Loretta's eyes, afraid to see the sharp, predatory hunger that she expected to see there. By the time she had finished her analysis, counting silently to herself all the while (1, 2, 3, 4... 10), she had stopped trembling.

"For someone to survive so long in the Wilds alone, they must be strong." This raised Persephone's eyes to his, a dubious look beneath raised brows. Strong? Her? It gave the mare pause, to consider the suggestion. She had not been strong when she had been subjected to her father's will. She had not been strong when she had tried to help fight the strange god that had fallen through the Rift. She had not been strong when she had lingered in the Flats for months, too afraid to venture elsewhere. And yet... she had left home, when it had become too much, determined to keep her father from using her any longer. She had managed to try to save the egg from the lights, those few weeks ago. And now she was standing before a giant warrior and his guard dog, and she was not fainting from fear.

The realization bolstered her confidence. Perhaps she was strong, or at least stronger than she gave herself credit for. Persephone was no warrior maiden, nor had she the desire to become one, but from Archibald's words, she could almost imagine that she possessed a different kind of strength. A small smile appeared in spite of herself, for despite her capture at the hands of the brutish stallion, he had given her a precious gift: for the first time in many moons, Persephone thought that she might be able to believe in herself again. "Your manner of invitation is strange," she ventured softly when the steed had finished speaking, emboldened by the smile that he had offered and the gentility of his words. "But... if you are truly in need of members..."

Persephone remembered Agnodice, how sympathetic she had been, how she had been able to offer herbs to help with almost all of the sunset mare's ailments. Agnodice had been a healer from the Hidden Falls, and the memory of such kindness, more than anything else, drove the sunset mare to decide. "I am not skilled in the healing arts, but... I want to learn. I... would appreciate the home, in truth," she admitted almost sheepishly, ducking her head shyly.

"Speech."

@Archibald

Lost in hell, my dear. It's not so dreadful here
Image Credit
[Image: 5626e4bc4fe1a]
pixel by Kiara <3

Please tag Persephone in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.
Persephone always goes by the alias "Cora."

Want to plot with Persephone? Visit her plot page here!