the Rift

BEGINNINGS—

Imogen Posts: 24
Aurora Basin Thief atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Reli
Spring has arrived, but winter is slow to release her grasp from the land. As the sun begins to peek over the horizon, its rays shining hazily through the cold, fresh air, it brightens the wood with sparkling diamonds of dew and ice. Like someone has sprinkled glitter across the landscape, it plays happily beneath the light of day. It is a quiet morning, almost unusually so—the forest and its creatures seemingly hesitant to rouse from their slumber, cocooned and comfortable as they are in the warmth of their dens. It is still, peaceful—waiting.

From above, the forest is a silent, picturesque beauty. The green boughs are still frosted with the white remnants of winter, and yet everything seem so clear, so crisp beneath the cold, bright beams of gold. The scene is absorbed with a skeptical appreciation, the small mare ever appreciative of the beautiful things in this world (and ever wary). Perhaps this new world won’t be so bad—perhaps, it will offer her (them) what they have been searching for.

With a quick, subtle snap of beady eyes, she looks to the mare gliding at her side—a princess of poise, grace, and beauty (a budding rebel of malleable mind and wanting heart). Imogen is not on her own anymore, perhaps ever again—at least as long as the pretty princess continues to follow her trail of crumbs; with a little lamb at her side, the cat is sure to melt in easier to the flock. She needs whatever designs she can clutch close while she dissects this foreign world and its people. Every end has its means—just as every means has its end.

The little lamb turns her head, catching the cat’s black gaze. Imogen twists her lips into a soft smile, her expression softening for Rukh’s sake, painted with whatever familiarity and affection that Rukh would like to see (molding into this character as easily as wet clay is molded by practiced, deliberate hands). “Come, nazahna,” the little mare speaks, a soft command. Tucking dark wings in towards her sides, her slender body arches, sending her into a whistling dive towards the wood below. The frosty air bites cruelly at her satin skin, and she smiles, the irregular lub, dub-dub of her heart ushering the sweet rush of adrenaline through her veins.

Down, down she dives, until the trees and ground rise up, threatening to arrest her in a solid, fatal catch, when the taste of danger sours her tongue. Only then does Imogen allow her wings to snap out from her shoulders, the force of her momentum straining at her muscles as she alights in a small clearing. She can hear Rukh land beside her, a rimmed ear slanting in the little lamb’s direction, though bottomless eyes continue to scour their surroundings. Only time will tell what it has to offer them her.

notes; I ask that a PEGASUS come and get them please; Mo here likes to be difficult and needs to be impressed xD also if @Rukh can post first that'd be great thanks<33
“Speech.”

imogen
I know how to be your fantasy

image credits
please tag Imogen in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Rukh Posts: 3
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 3
Cinaed :: Common Zephyr :: None kels

Come, nazahna

And just like that, she is gone. You follow her willingly despite the coil of apprehensive excitement within your gut, the wild imaginings of just what lays hidden within the cover of the trees beneath. Cinaed chirrups at your side, his white body spinning gracefully before he begins his own descent. The chill of the lingering winter bites at your skin as the wind whips past you, over you, as the earth rushes towards you. It is enough to make you nearly sick as the trees begin to whistle by, your eyes narrowing as you dare yourself further, push yourself closer to collision, only releasing dusty wings to catch yourself when a warning sounds through your silent bond, a distinct terror slicing momentarily through your utter exhilaration. As you land beside the other girl you skip forwards, laughing off the fear that had momentarily gripped you at the phoenix’s will. “You worry too much,” you chide breathlessly as you feel his weight settle on your shoulder, his smug satisfaction at having you listen for once causing your eyes to roll.

Her skin is warm as you move close to her, eyes following her gaze in to the surrounding, albeit seemingly unremarkable, forest. From his perch the starry brat manages a low grumble, shifting himself to the opposite side of your body, further away from your hart. The moments you have taken in effort to decipher his dislike of the woman have only left the both of you frustrated and wounded. It has been an adjustment, sharing a mind that had always been your own with another, especially one so hellbent on forming directly opposite opinions to your own, but you don’t suppose that, given the choice, you would ever try to change it. He had quickly become a part of you, annoying tendencies and all. With a sigh, you turn your attention away from his disgruntled musings, and as you do so you cannot help but wonder what she is waiting for, ears twitching atop your head in effort to pick up any sound with mounting impatience. 

rukh

image credits | table by reli

@Imogen
omg. -hides in shame of quality-

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
ilios
His mind wondering as his teal ivy legs moved him towards the thick trees. He knew he needed to look for more recruits, and since his last trip had gone so well, he figured he would try again. A light smile played over the ivy masked face as he wondered through the trees. His wings itched to soar above the world, to look down upon everything. It was so much easier to fly everywhere than to walk, but he knew it would make this job a lot harder. Most horses that came through the Threshold were land bound, or chose to be. The thickness of the trees made it difficult to see below their sweeping branches. Silver eyes gazed around him as his ears swiveled carefully taking in everything around him.

The stallion ran through a few of the things he needed to do to reach his goal. This was just one of those things that had to be done. Instead of looking at it like a nasty chore he chose to see it as an opportunity. Recruiting was a great way to meet new people, get your name and reputation out there without doing something dramatic. Even if they didn't follow you home like a lost puppy, they would at least know you and your herd's name.

As it happened he could just make out the sound of distant wings slicing through the hair. He pauses right fore lifted curiously. His horned head lifts and ears twitch searching for the source. Instead of more wing beats he hears soft thumps to his left; two sets. A bright kind smile slides into place as he turns towards that direction. Black hooves thump softly as he trots towards the sounds he had heard. He pauses for a moment hidden from view to asses the strangers. Two stunningly beautiful mares stand proudly, a white and star kissed phoenix sits atop the taller's back.

Chasing the awe and lust from his face he replaces it the a welcoming smile and steps out to greet them. He is careful with his posturing, spending so much time with Lani was paying off, making sure he didn't look to imposing or weak. His bass drawl rumbled easily from his lips, "Hello, I am Ilios and I'm here to welcome you to Helovia." He smiles kindly before dipping his head to each mare in turn as well as the bird. Having grown up with a falcon on his shoulder he knew how proud birds were. He stood before them proud but relaxed. It always helped to show others how to feel by being that way yourself. Silver eyes tried their hardest to keep from roving over every inch of the mares. He longed to bask in their beauty, their curves, their scent. Shoving the primal lust away he chose instead to keep his gaze upon their pretty faces.
"Talk."
Words/OOC;; 481
Tags;; @Imogen @Rukh
Scars heal, glory fades
Pain hurts, but only for a minute
'Cause the chicks dig it
image credits
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Reli
There is a moment of silence after they have landed, the icy forest sluggish in its wakening, the morning air too cold and crisp to draw its creatures willingly from their beds. Clouds of warm breaths pool around the mare’s dark nostrils, the mist framed like halos in the morning light, dissipating slowly into the frosted trees. A trace of a scowl hardens the corners of her lips. The slender pegasus has never been fond of winter and its bitter chill. Despite having been birthed during the white season, she does not find herself very compatible, or very cooperative with its frigid temperatures.

(Why watch someone freeze, when they can burn?)

Her mouth twitches sourly, large wings pressing closer to her sides as she shifts her cloak over her shoulders. Imogen will make do with this new world and its natures, as she always has—ever the puppeteer, the performer and snake, she will adapt. Just as her mother had taught her.

She forces her mind along impatiently, shifting her weight and stretching her neck in Rukh’s direction. Releasing a hot breath across the pale mare’s withers, she presses the soft velvet of her muzzle against the little lamb’s skin, embracing the plush joint of flesh where her neck and shoulder meet. It is a practiced, seamless embrace—affectionate, comforting, protective. Beady black eyes shift to the bird, and it delights her to be so vulnerable beneath his curved talons, both of them knowing that he can do nothing. She has held her little nazahna’s heart far longer than his egg had ever been conceived, and with bonds of chain, she has no intention of releasing her hold anytime soon.

Letting slip a flickering, taunting smirk for the feathered nuisance, Imogen’s attention is quickly diverted to more important things. Dark-rimmed ears twist with the crunch of hoof beats, the pant of breaths, and the rustle of branches disturbed by movement. Turning her head, her beady eyes hold the strange stallion. It is a discord of emotions that assaults the small pegasus within the first few seconds; a notion of regard, even admiration, with the sight of his brilliantly colored wings—but the moment is far too short, swept away and smothered too easily as her eyes land on the horn sprouting from his brow.

How unfortunate that a proud man be defiled so heinously.

Her instinct is to treat him as she would in Amaethon (with disgust, like a bastard vermin of infidelity) but she is quick to hold her barbed tongue and steely glare. After all, this most certainly isn’t Amaethon, and she knows nothing of the customs in this world. Perhaps it wouldn’t hurt to entertain him for a moment or two, if only to glean some information from his gentlemanly lips.

With only a brief few seconds passing since the stallion’s greeting, Imogen turns her body, angling herself in a subtle, hairline position of dominance between the stranger and Rukh. “Ilios,” the pegasus smiles, and perhaps her grin is just a little too wide, her teeth a little too bared to be welcoming, but she treads carefully. “Helovia, you say? We have only just arrived; I hadn’t expected a welcoming party so soon,” a breath of laughter softens her words, wrapping them in a swathe of silk and burying ulterior motives from prying eyes. Now, more than ever, she must play her game flawlessly.

“Speech.”
imogen

image credits

Outcast

At her touch you press closer, skin rippling with her breath in a familiar rush of excitement. It is the only outward sign that betrays the skip of your heart, the swirl of dizziness in your head. If only for Cin’s sake you have shied from all of the things she makes you feel, from the comfort of feeling her close, knowing of all of the things that the two of you have shared, all the things that you have done—would always do—for her, carved away at all of the nuances of affection that you had become so accustomed to, if only for him, the fragile heart blazing within his chest.

Somewhere within the labyrinth of your own heart there is a familiar pang maybe of guilt, of fear, perhaps of loss—no matter the word, the notion, it never seems to hold a candle to the way that the feeling echoes so terribly empty. Anger sparks, extinguishing your moment of reflection, his low growl pulling you from the silence of your mind. You blink, ears pinning as again his aggression is pinned to the dark girl at your side. It is enough to catch him with a backwards glance, a silent plea, his feathers ruffling as he settles once more, turning pointedly away from the little mare.

It is not long until the three of you become four, the strange man waltzing boldly towards your little group as if he belongs—it is this brazen characteristic that, as you smile, pulls your lips a little thinner than normal, tenses the muscles beneath your ivory skin, sparks suspicion within your fledgling heart as he speaks, your eyes narrowing nearly imperceptibly. If you had been taught to hate those for the way that they had been born too, the lesson was lost on you, as it is not the spire atop his crown that makes you weary, but the secrets that that smile could keep.

Even as Mo shifts closer you do not feel any safer, her words plucked from those that sit on your own tongue (how did you find us so soon), only less accusing, more disarming as she proceeds to laugh. From his little perch on your little shoulder the phoenix warbles his contentment with the stranger and his thoughtful ways, seeking perhaps to lessen the distrust blooming so rapidly in your chest. Beneath his concern you can feel the humor bubble as he plays gently with loose strands of hair, feel as your skin begins to turn hot at his perceived ridicule of your unfounded worry as you had been so quick to laugh at his. All the while, still you are silent, eyes shifting from the emboldened man to Mo, only waiting, only watching.

rukh
let forever drag me down

@Ilios
sorry shes not much of a talker :'D

ilios
He watched the darker and short mare's black eyes flicker over his body, and he was sure there was a flicker of, what? Was it disgust that had flashed to quickly for him to grasp before the mare moves. His bright silver eyes do not miss the way she angles herself, the way her smile is just a little to big, the way she watches him like a wolf. His ears flick, as if the movement can twitch the distrust away. He spreads his large teal and silver lined wings a kind smile spreading over his face as he looks between the two. "I mean no harm, I swear it." He bowed his head once more before stepping back to give them more space. He is sure it wouldn't help him at all if he made them both uncomfortable.

He watches her carefully as she speaks ears and eye searching her for something he has a feeling is there. "I hope I didn't startle you, either of you. I heard the sound of your wings, that's what alerted me to your presence." His eyes soft and mouth twitched up warmly as he slowly pulls his wings to his side. "This place is the catch all for newcomers, known as the Threshold." He knew he should explain more tell them everything about Helovia, but he hadn't been told their names yet. Then he realized the lighter and taller mare hadn't said a thing, causing his mind flashed briefly to Lani. He smiled softly at her as well, making sure to include her. Then the bird makes a noise he takes as a happy sound causing him to speak once more, "Your companion is very handsome Miss." He cocks his rear right leg once more trying to ease the tension he is feeling.

The stallion watches the pair curiously ears pricked forward eyes sparkling with his curiosity. "I'm sorry, I don't think I caught your names." Ilios wishes he could find a way to be more suave, a way to ease into that instead of that. 'Yo shawdy, what should I holla when I want dat ass?' He had to fight the laughter that tickled his throat. Shoving the ridiculous thoughts away the stallion spoke in his deep drawl once more, "I'm from one of the three herds here, the Dragon's Throat. There is also the World's Edge, Hidden Falls, and Aurora Basin. It is one of my duties as a warrior to try and recruit members to the herd. I have to warn you though," he paused to take a breath, "I would stay clear of the north and the Basin. It is a herd made up completely of unicorns. Most of them are not friendly towards Pegasus like yourselves." He watched them for a moment before speaking once more, "I invite you to come back to the Throat with me. It is a desert island, with a beautiful oasis. The easiest way for anyone to get to the island is by flying. There isn't any land connecting the island to the main land." He smiled softly as waited for them to respond to everything he had told them.
Talk
Words/OOC;; 528
Tags;; @Imogen @Rukh
Scars heal, glory fades
Pain hurts, but only for a minute
'Cause the chicks dig it
image credits
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Reli
Unlike her highbred companion, Imogen is not frightened of the secrets that might lie beneath the stallion’s gentlemanly veneer and his wide, boyish gaze. Wary? Of course, but the slender mare is no stranger to secrets or manipulation—she has pulled people’s strings, covered their eyes, and played with their hearts, just as she has been manipulated and played. It is not by sheer discipline and ambition alone that her masks have been shaped and fitted seamlessly onto her pretty lips. From the faces of others (others who have used and abused and molded the cat into the predator she is today) she has taken their masks, and from their tongues she has taken their tricks, and brandished these weapons herself.

Beneath black eyes swathed in guarded politeness and questioning curiosity (sheets of velvet and silk) the petite pegasus picks apart their new company, pinning his body like a moth to a table, dissecting and studying. What makes you tick, boy? What makes you kneel? She seems to say, laugh, wielding her razor knife over his belly with a macabre smile. The push and pull of his muscles as he steps back, the lilt of his lips, the twist of his ears, the shift of his weight—all of these things she inspects. She fluctuates in response, fitting like water to a glass, wanting to see what will please him—

—what will disarm him.

“We have been traveling for many weeks,” poisoned sugar slips from charcoal lips, lilting as though it is an explanation, an apology, for the tension that has arrived with him (the words molding into what he might want to hear). “My name is Imogen, and this is Rukh,” the roaned pegasus gestures to the pale mare standing behind her shoulder, creamy primaries extending to brush the little lamb’s skin. Imogen can feel her unease, her suspicion, and continues to stand guard, as if to protect and posses.

Sighing quietly from her nostrils, she continues offhandedly, “The bird is Cinaed,” sparing only a tilt of an ear in the little pest’s direction (merely introducing him for her nazahna’s sake), before her attention continues with Ilios’ words. Four herds in this land Helovia, a herd of unicorns he says, warns, before offering them a place in his home (Dragon’s Throat). One side of her brow arcs upward, lips pressing briefly into a neutral line, but there is no other outward indication of the disgust that boils in her chest, the bile that rises to her throat and sours the back of her tongue.

She dare not forget the teachings that her mother had instilled in her since birth, the prophecies and ordinances that the High Priestesses of Santiele had upheld for ages—ordinances that she (the final Priestess) must now uphold. Whatever Gods reign in Helovia (if, in fact, there are any) must not be the same as the Santiele deities of her homeland, (the true Gods), to allow such a filthy kingdom to exist. What devilry must reign in that place in the north? How far has their corruption been allowed to spread?

Adjusting her golden cloak over her shoulders, Imogen puts on a gracious smile (perhaps overly so, considering the fierce burning in her heart) and inclines her head to the stallion. “We’ll keep that in mind,” she offers by way of appreciation, beady eyes glittering and bright teeth glowing beneath dark, dark lips. “A desert island, with an oasis—that does sound delightful. I am anxious to learn more of this world and its lands,” this, at least, is threaded with truth, and she sighs airily, “It would seem your invitation is too beautiful to resist.” Long, dark locks flick around her ankles as she looks back to Rukh, offering empty comfort. If nothing else, their companionship isn’t bound to change. “Lead the way, stranger,” she glances to Ilios with something between a smile and a smirk, dark wings hovering readily from her sides.

“Speech.”
imogen

@Rukh @Ilios | image credits

Outcast

He explains, though, admittedly, it does little to quell the suspicion within you. Where your confidence slips, hers flourishes; she apologizes, something that you would never think to do, offering him an explanation to the chill that he has been met with. Traveling, she says, but the truth is too far. You had both been running, hiding from the shambles of the life you both left behind. You shift slightly from the uncomfortable memories, the way that he had trusted you, been so blind, when you had already chosen her.

Suddenly you are aware of being watched, eyes flicking up to the man as he smiles at you; all you can do is smile back, nodding in agreement as he speaks of Cinaed. “He likes to think so too.” The unsure smile briefly turns in to a shallow grin before you settle back in to silence, back to reverie, allowing Mo control of any further conversation. The bird squawks, puffing up indignantly though you do not pay him any mind, instead listening to all of the things the stranger has to say as he finally makes his intentions clear.

It would be a lie to say you are not mildly offended by the entire idea.

Your wings twitch irritably at your sides, and though your first instinct is to berate him for even thinking about wasting your time, you only nod your head along as he speaks, your anger rising in your forced complacency. Your temper would mean nothing to him if you acted on it, all of the things that you had been, the power that you had, the fear that you could command if you wished it; these things mean nothing now. 

I would stay clear of the north and the Basin. It is a herd made up completely of unicorns. Most of them are not friendly towards pegasus like yourselves.’ Your curiosity flares in the silent moments that follow, your annoyance forgotten, the itch to ask how anyone—if it had not been him—had come to that conclusion nearly unbearable, but your lips stay firmly pressed together, knowing that such curiosities would likely not be well received. Perhaps you will find out for yourself someday just what the North has to offer, just how unfriendly these unicorns could be. For now, however, you smile as Mo looks to you, if not eager at least relieved at the prospect of a relative permanence within this Dragon’s Throat.

rukh
let forever drag me down

@Ilios @Imogen

He watches the pair silently curiosity raging through him. Who where they really? He wondered why only one mare spoke while the other held her tongue. It was strange how they worked together, well, how the one worked. Every move he makes the dark moves as well. He wants to squint his eyes, to make her tell him everything she is thinking, and why in the hell she is looking at him like that. He felt like a corned deer while the mountain lion crouched in front of him, planing her next attack before he can think. Fighting against the suspicion in his heart the stallion remains calm a kind smile on his face. He couldn't expect every mare to swoon at his feet. Of course these two would be wary of him, wondering what he might lead them too. He didn't know them or their past, so he could not judge them as if he did.

He listens to her words trying to pick them apart figure out if she is lying or not. He simply nods in response to her words, some kind of lame excuse for their odd behavior. "It's a pleasure to meet you both." He dipped his horned head in respect to them both. He watches the dark mare brush her wing against the lighter girl. It looked to him like she expected the him to attack the lighter girl at any moment. Then his mother's sweet voice echoed in his head, 'Not all trust easily.' Taking a slow deep breath the stallion shoves all of the negative feelings down.

He turns to look at the taller lighter mare a kind warm smile upon his face. When he speaks of her bird she replies. He wonders why she doesn't speak much. Maybe they did have a secret, or maybe she was just shy. He made a mental note to get her alone and speak with her. It could be the smaller mare kept her in check, monitored what information was granted to him. He allows his curiosity to shine through as he watches the mares. He turns back tot he darker mare as she speaks boldly. Something about her smile seems off to the stallion as she speaks. She goes on and on about what he had said, and he has to fight the urge to roll his silver eyes. Instead he smiles and turns from them, "Shall we go then ladies?" Smiling he trots off a little before taking to the air. He carefully hovers above them, waiting quietly for them to join him before taking off towards the Throat.
Speech
Words;; 436
OOC/Tags;; I'll make the post either tonight or tomorrow!
ilios

If you want to shine like a sun, first burn like a sun.}

Tag me