the Rift

Coming Home

Beowulf Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18Hh :: 8 winters HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mykah :: Canadian Lynx :: None Eaglecry
A blue behemoth of a guy finds himself heading for the snow capped mountains of the Aurora Basin; Or so he thinks. As summer settled in, the lack of snow that hadn't fallen throughout the lands winter; was no longer upon the mountains. Little to his dismay, the Beast carried on in hopes of reaching the snow sometime soon. A silver glistened upon his; almost fur-less coat. His winter jacket beginning to drop, he looked patchy and the guy hated it. Taking to itching himself upon whatever the guy deemed desirable; Mostly tall things, large boulders, tree trunks, rough terrain if he so desired. A slender silvery feline stuck by his side, her kitten like form was now gone. But her playfulness still lingered as she was caught of guard; a butterfly fluttering past her pale eyes, causing her to turn into that playful kitten once more as she chased it along, claws scraping the empty air as she leapt and bounced her way up the valley. 
A slight smile lingered upon the blue mans face. He loved to watch her play, wishing that he too could play in the same way. But it was just not that easy for such a heavy built guy. He did not own the same lithe grace, he was clumsy, slow and too heavy. 
He paused as the valley became narrower, the tree's became compact. This was it, this was the line upon entering Helovia. A slight glee flowed through his veins, a shiver ran down his spin; and if it were even possible, goosebumps arose upon his skin. "Home" he whispered with an almost tear in his eye. Never did he think that some place could have meant so much to him; apart from his birth-lands. 
Mykah joined his side, rubbing around his front legs, sensing the feelings that were running through him. With a glance between the two, she squinted, He smiled and within that same moment they both took a step in synchronization into the tree's.
A sensation like no other; like nothing he could describe, ran through his body, like a cleansing perhaps? He could sense that Mykah too felt this weird tingly thing, as for a brief moment he sensed the fear from her, only for it to vanish in that same moment. 
The sweet smell of pines flooded his nostrils, the ground littered with dead pine and spruce branches. A feeling of home beneath his cloven hooves. The lynx at his side seemed nervous, she had never really come to know this place; Having left before she was old enough. He gave a bob of his blue face towards her, letting her know it was safe here, that she needn't be worried so much.
With a smile plastered across his bearded lips, the man pushed onward, deeper into the forest. Tree's grew more dense, the light became littler the further he went. Mykah, just off the path weaved in and out of the coniferous forest, trunks. her silvery frame like a light in the darkness. Butterflies swarmed inside the man, a sick feeling washed over the blue Beast. He had not eaten much in the past few days, winter had cut his meals short. His stomach lerched, and if were possible he possibly would have vomited all over the forest floor. But nothing happened. He had to find some water, or something to fill his rather empty stomach. This forest was not exactly a decent food source. However Mykah seemed to have already found a snack to gnaw on, at least she could eat. But then it wasn't exactly hard when you could eat meat. With an eye roll he picked up his pace and set of deeper into Helovia in search of water, food and perhaps familiar faces. 
Beowulf
Love tames the benumbed Beast
[Image: beoicon_by_eagle_cry_designs-da14rlt.png][Image: 53377b251b35e]
*Please tag me in all posts. *Permission granted to cause bodily harm, use magic ect upon me. With the exception of death

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
sweet, sugar, candyman

WELL I wonder why it took me so long to come back here. You know, the last time I was here I got licked? Randomly? Without so much as a ‘hey how are you? Why do you smell so damn tasty?’ Granted, the stallion that did the licking was pretty cute. Had this whole king-of-winter vibe going for him which is probably why the newbie went with him. Or, I think that’s what happened. I don’t really remember. All I know is that they didn’t come with me which is a really big shame because my herd is the best herd out there. It’s got caves! It’s got hot springs! It’s got two fabulous leaders! It’s even got the cutest weaver this side of the Threshold! That’s right, ladies and gentlemen, we’re talking about the one and only Basin.

I’ve been rehearsing my recruiting speech all the way here. Jellybean has been providing pointers, of course. She thinks that I should squawk it at someone or, better yet, yell it in their face, but I don’t think that would be very effective. While it certainly had some benefits, it just seemed a little too… well too Jellybean to really be of any use. She liked to yell at everyone, ever since she found out she could make noises.

We continue travelling in this fashion, her lying on my back and doing this squawk-talking thing she had learned (she doesn’t know any words yet but she’s picked up on the general babble) while I practice what is the perfect...

Oh.

SO that whole speech I was rehearsing? Well I plum forgot it as soon as I spotted them! This magnificent, hairy beast of a bonded pair wandering through the Threshold’s forest. I’m not going to say my jaw dropped but it certainly fell open a little bit because they were obviously so cool and there really wasn’t anything for it - I was going to have to go say hello! The bigger of the pair appeared to be searching for something but what do I know - those tall creatures that inhabit Helovia are always a little stranger than the pony folk that I was born and bred from.

“Well hello there!” I call out cheerfully and Jellybean, where she is sprawled along my white back, trills a greeting as well. Her red and yellow cockatoo crown unfurls slowly as she regards the pair - especially the cat-like thing. As part-bird, part-dog, I don’t really think she likes cats? But we’ve never met one before! I think she's just curious because her tail is wagging slightly, thumping against my back with each wag. “I’m Johnny and this is Jellybean! Do you need help finding something?” I mean, that was a safe question right? I was being helpful.

HERE HAVE SOME JOHNNY!
welcome back to Helovia!! <3
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Find me Cooed a very feminine voice in the back of his mind. Clearly not as worried as when she first set foot in this forest, for now she was up to her games again. It brought a smile, to the otherwise near emotionless face he carried. The only one that could possibly do such a thing. His head dropped to the ground, but not close enough that the tips dug into the ground, no. For he did not want to spit roast her, cause that would be rather silly of him.
Of the beaten path, rotting branches were pushed around, smaller ones drifted as blue nostrils sniffed about. He knew exactly where she was hiding for she just couldn't seem to hide what she was thinking from him all that well in excited states. But alas, he kept the chase, what harm was there in having a little fun.
Smack. A silver flashed before his eyes, his head rattled as the feline had used his horns; jumping from a pile of branches and leaves. leaping high into the air, limbs flailing about as she prepared herself for landing.
A high pitched tinkle filled his mind, As he panicked, even though the beast knew what was to happen. However he did not have much time too react to her as an unknown voice filled the muggy air. Grabbing his attention more. His head snapped up in their direction, immediately swinging into protector mode, his mind pulling for Mykah. Before he could even Introduce himself, or even know that she was safe. He saw her then, Leaping right for that creature upon this short mans back. "MYKAH!"He shouted. No, No this could not be happening!
Panic ran through him making him surge forwards in an attempt to block her, to knock her out of the air. She was not to harm others companions; He assumed this as for the way it looked, it was odd sort of creature, half bird half something else. Plus it was voluntarily riding upon his back. Or at least it would be if Mykah wasn't attempting to kill it. He was stuck between calling Mykah back and formally introducing himself. Feeling rather rude at the predicament he was caught up in.
[ooc:] Sorry its rather short ;_;
Beowulf
*Please tag me in all posts. *Permission granted to cause bodily harm, use magic ect upon me. With the exception of death

Outcast
sweet, sugar, candyman

So I’m pretty used to Jellybean squawking - as she learns how to talk it’s pretty much the only sound she enjoys making (because she knows it bothers everyone so much and she’s a little shit) - but even I knew that this squawk meant something different. SOMETHING BAD! We’re just trying to be helpful to the pair of strangers and this is how we were thanked?? I would much rather get licked the way I did the last time I was in the Threshold, thank you very much, none of this attacking business.

I’m slow and fat and of little help but I catch the freakin’ cat-thing in the corner of my eye as it leapt for Jellybean. So both my companion and I squawked out of fear as I tried to quickly scramble out of the way. Meanwhile Jellybean is FREAKING out and flapping her wings as she attempts to gain some altitude to escape from this monster thing but she can’t really fly on account of her butt being so big so she manages a few feet and all the time she is still squawking and I can actually feel her panic through our bond - which is so damn trippy and I don’t think I’ll ever get used to it. But it starts to freak me out and I bravely (or stupidly) try to put myself between the lynx and my hovering, screaming companion.

I’ll happily let Jellybean fight most of our fights because there’s not much room for bravery in a sugar-lined heart but for some reason I’m feeling fiercely protective of her and I wonder if this whole bonded-thing really has changed me like Tembovu said it might.

“Bad kitty! We're friends!” I admonish while looking over for help from the furry delight that had shouted at her moments ago - I refuse to lose my perfectly wonderful companion all because someone couldn’t keep his in check!

@Beowulf <3
please tag in all posts

Everything seemed to happen so quickly. One moment he was about to greet a new face and in that same instant Mykah was airborne ready on the attack of this bird-like creature. The white and red man seems to click onto this and moves promptly out of her way, in attempts at possibly trying to save his bonded; if that's what this was. All this noise was getting to the Beast. His mind not able to comprehend so much all in one time. Something inside of him, snapped and he found himself charging for Mykah, His horns flailed around in an attempt to swat her. He caught her as she fell through empty air, claws crashing at nothing, rolling her upon her back across the forest floor.  "NO!" His voice echoed throughout the woods as the feline cowered between his front legs, three orange twisted horns bare inches from her. He snorted an angry derision in her face, his chest heaved with the sudden burst of energy used up. His breath came shallow. "How dare you!" His voice growled. The first time in a decade; well almost. That he had become so infuriated with someone so much. No one had ever made him feel like this and quite frankly it scared him. The adrenaline coursing through his veins cause him to shake uncontrollably. Completely forgetting about the candy stripped man standing not all that far from them.

The behemoth turned his hulking body round with an unsteady poise. Taking in a deep breath, he tried to steady himself. Hold himself together, Instead of just collapsing upon the ground like he so wanted.
He pulled himself up, making himself seem bigger; not like he needed to already, especially with all that fluff, it just made him seem so much bigger. "I deeply apologize for her. She has not really met others bonded friendships. I apologize greatly" he lowered his cranium in a formal greeting, bowing if you like. He generally was extremely disappointed in Mykah and the way she had reacted. And the little sorry's he kept hearing in the back of his mind, he knew that she too felt horrible. Mostly because of the way he had reacted. It had scared her, for she had never truly seen that from him before, ever. However he chose to ignore her, like a child ignoring their parent when they have been told off, he acted the same way. These feelings still all to new to him.
"I am Beowulf" He spoke simply, trying to act all calm and collected, but his voice had a feint waver to it. Now that all the commotion had settled; to some extent. The man took in this white and red guy. He was much shorter than himself and found he was looking down upon him. "And whom might this little guy be?" He asked with a smile in his voice reaching out the his little friend, hoping his little act of kindness would help in some way.

[ooc:] Oh My Gosh O.O he got angry what even is this world !
Beowulf

@Johnny

Outcast
sweet, sugar, candyman

Uhhhh so things just seem to always escalate quickly in the Threshold?? If it’s not me getting my hip licked by the stranger it’s a cat trying to eat my griffin and then watching this behemoth get angry at said cat. Honestly, at first I thought he was yelling at me which almost caused me to leave little peppermint patties all over the ground out of fear. And THEN I was afraid he was going to kill the kitty as he rolled her onto her back and yelled at her. Like bro, she shouldn’t have done that but you don’t need to kill her!! But while he was dealing with his companion I needed to deal with mine. Jellybean was still screaming and I turned to nudge her and try to get her to stop hovering in the air like that (cause she’s not going to be able to keep doing it for long anyway) and crawl back onto my back.

Finally she does but I can feel her shaking as she does, clinging to my mane with her bird feet as she tries to
sploot along my neck the way she used to do when she was really tiny. It’s a little more difficult now but she’s small enough that she can still manage to sit comfortably as she settles in. Her pink-lined wings are stretched out against my red mane on each side and it feels like she’s hugging me as she buries her little parrot face in my neck.

This seems like a pretty good point to call it quits on the conversation BUT I’m kept in. Furry-face finishes dealing with the bad kitty and

“Oh that’s alright.” What else are you supposed to say when someone apologizes even though it wasn’t actually alright? “Thanks for stopping her.” I glance down at the cat-thing warily but my attention is drawn once more to Beowulf, as he introduced himself. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Beowulf!” WAS IT?! Well kind of, he seemed nice enough anyway, murderous companion aside. And I was super impressed with him now that we’re standing near to each other. Like, this guy is a great hairy unicorn and I’m wondering like ‘???? why wasn’t I born looking like this????’ Fate can be so cruel.

But turns out Wulfman’s not cruel! He was even reaching out to greet the griffin and though Jellybean shied away and yelped a little bit she didn’t scream which I think counts as a win, accepting the proximity of this stranger. “This is Jellybean, my companion. She’s just a little scared but she’s okay.” I feel like I’m talking like an adult and that’s gross but I’m still processing the events that just happened within a very short period of time.

But like, now what do we talk about? It doesn’t seem polite to bring up Mykah even though she’s kinda cute now that she’s not leaping at Jellybean and I don’t know if I should repeat my question offering help. Good gumdrops this Threshold business was complicated.

“So, uh, you guys from around here?”

@Beowulf
please tag in all posts