the Rift

To Your Grave I Spoke [Open]

Adura Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Adura
Sweet sleep, my dark angel

The pure white unicorn drifted in with the snow, as softly as the flakes that fell on and around her. The mare’s head was carried low, not from exhaustion but from sorrow. Dark eyes, once so full of life, had dimmed. Her skin hung loosely on bones that were far too visible. She was obviously weak, too weak to be out braving the woods on her own, but she seemed completely unaware of her surroundings, fully occupied by whatever tragedy had reduced her to such a sorry state. Finally she stumbled, body unable to continue carrying her to wherever it was she was going. Uncaring, she allowed herself to collapse on the white blanket of snow, not knowing if she have the strength to rise again or if her carcass would be discovered later, frozen and eaten by wolves. She could already hear a faint howling in the distance.

Thoughts of angels filled her mind, one standing out more than the others, clad in black leather rather than the colorless robes of those who surrounded him. Her Azazel had always been a rebel, falling from Heaven just because he could, because the (supposedly) peaceful land had been too boring to make him stay. Dark eyes closed, and she let out a soft sigh, remembering the way his hand had felt stroking her mane. The memories wrapped around her, warm and comforting, much better than the cruel reality that she fought so hard to forget. Gradually, the mare descended into sleep, dreaming of summer pastures and the voice of the man who had been her god, while her body slowly began to freeze.

OOC:
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR

And you swear I'm hard to lay beside

Believing that I had come this far without so much a bitter tear makes me regret the days I had not felt. I longed for redemption of emotion, redemption of past lives still unlived. Here I begin again, retired to an aging body while my restless soul presses against its fleshy constraints. I am tired and yet wide awake as the wintry morning dawns on the horizon. I watch as curls of frost wrap around my face, clouding my vision as if trying to close these unseeing eyes. Before me the golden lights of day reach out over the lands, illuminating everything in a spectral essence. It is hard for me to find myself even now as I begin to move into the bitter cold, my bones aching and cracking with the effort. As such a large creature, I find that the cold makes even the slightest of movements almost unbearable and I cannot wait for the chill to be replaced by an everlasting warmth. I think back to spending nights in unrest waiting in the Threshold until Mirage had found her way to me. She was a sheer refuge in herself and I was endlessly in debt to her compassion for souls so lost as my own.

As I enter into the The Threshold once again, I am helpless to the beauty of such a place. Around me the trees stand tall, casting eerie, shifting light upon the forest floor. The ground is unforgiving beneath my weight as I tread over the frozen grounds, resting my gaze on the path ahead of me. I find that relying on such leads will help me to forget the confusion that brews inside my head. Small leafless limbs reach for my legs and pull small strands of matted fetlock into their grasp only to release them again as I pass. The feeling helps to soothe away my anxieties as I enter this new region of Helovia, curious of every attribute that I may now call my home. As the path opens into a small clearing, disheveled by freshly fallen snow, I pause to gather my surroundings.

The pale white mare was a curious sight to behold; her slender framework protruding from malnourished flesh. I did not bother to speak but merely take her in as any creature would have to do in my place. Her eyes were closed in acceptance of the frozen death she chose to invite willingly to her side. I was shocked, perhaps distressed, but overall I knew I couldn’t leave her here to pass this life without living. Moving forward, I reached down to run my massive muzzle along her narrow neck. “My dear, you’ve worried my poor old soul to death and I wish to lead you home with me… your care should be my priority until you are well enough to recognize this beautiful life you lead.

Unregistered

Adura

A soft touch trailed down the mare’s neck, bringing her to a semi-conscious state. Someone spoke gently to her, words like ‘home’, and ‘care’, meant to soothe. Adura’s head rose weakly, looking at the one who cared enough to offer assistance to a creature who may be beyond hope. For the briefest moment, she felt a jolt of hope. Her eyes saw brown eyes, black mane, and her broken heart recognized the traits as Azazel. The feeling died quickly though, mind cruelly pointing out that the angel had possessed the body of a man, not a pegasus. Other, more subtle differences emerged as well, such as the exact shade of the stallion’s eyes, the way his mane hung straight rather than curling. Not her angel, not the one she wished would somehow come for her.

Something inside had awakened though, a deep will to survive that had remained buried until now. Adura didn’t know what had caused it, perhaps this steed’s kind words, perhaps the new reality of an approaching death, but she did know one thing. She didn’t want to die, not like this. It was a struggle, fighting with the cold and her own frail body, but finally the femme managed to heave herself up. Snow cascaded down her sides, unwillingly giving up its victim. Unsteady legs trembled, threatening to give out at any time, but Adura was standing.

OOC:
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

THOR

And you swear I'm hard to lay beside

Father, forgive me, for I have sinned. I have brought darkness to your name and given you grief. I have destroyed your city and given you ruin. I have lied to your family and taken their souls. Will I ever gain your forgiveness?

She was a heavenly form, broken and battered and requiring my attention. If I should acquire her company to the Edge, I was quite certain I could make use of such an angelic figure, so lonely and beautiful. Those lovely eyes opened to mine and the recognition there was almost enticing until it faded into the graying version of pain that I had come to know so well. Poor little darling, I’ll take you under my wing. Bring yourself beneath my tainted guidance and I shall make you a star. I’ll take the hurt form your eyes. Her gaunt figure shook feebly from the snow and stood, bones quaking and jaw quivering. How quaint she was when she looked so devilishly delightful. “Come with me my love and you should see another day.” The snowfall had ceased now, the wintry scenery only complimenting her lucid coloring. Moving forward again, I sidled up beside her tiny build and allowed her to rest against me, oh the warmth, so foreign but certainly welcome. “I’ll keep you safe.

Father, bring my the light because the darkness is threatening to take over.

Ooc; I‘m sorry this was short, I‘m trying to get caught up before the weekend hits and I have to work. I hope you don‘t mind.

Unregistered

Adura

The massive bay came to her side, taking some of the weight that the fae could not carry. The contact was an unfamiliar feeling, he was only the third creature to ever touch her. She had been taught to be distant, a being of myth seen only fleetingly, a possible trick of mist and light. So her dam had told her, and Adura had obeyed until the fallen had enchanted her with his dark daring. There was another reason for the foreign feeling however. The others, her radiant mother and the black angel, had never truly been kind. Duty had ruled the mare, Azazel had enjoyed her company simply because it was forbidden. The pegasus, however, was soothing, offering help seemingly for no other reason than because she needed it. The delicate femme hesitated for only a moment before leaning against the lord’s sturdy side, accepting the heat and support he supplied. She looked up at him, blue-gold eyes and the faintest of smiles conveying a silent thank you.

She mulled over his earlier words, promises of care and safety. The shivering that racked her slight frame and sharp pain in her stomach proved that the girl needed both. She nodded slightly, then, uncertain that he would understand the meaning behind it, spoke. “I will go with you.” Her voice was soft, hardly louder than a whisper and raspy with disuse, but still held a melodious note like the sound a harp might make. A promise that this sylvan lady had once been so much more than broken and could be again.

OOC:It's fine, mine are shorter than usual as well.
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

Did you want to continue this thread or move over to changing your rank and meeting again in the Edge? If you want to stay here until your rank is changed, that's fine with me. :))

Unregistered
Either way is fine with me :). Unranked can post in the herdlands, so if you'd like to move on to Edge we can.

Okay, just make me a post there and I will reply tomorrow :)