the Rift

DON'T HURT YOURSELF

Ovidius Posts: 36
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 13.3hh :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Eris
OVIDIUS

Her hooves barely left a dent in the damp earth.

Just the way she liked it; sneaky, sleuthy, full of mystery.

The midday sun filtered through the overhanging branches, golden light reflecting off of golden markings and golden horns. Daddy had told her once that her bones were gold, that even her blood ran bright with that aurelian metal.

She believed him even now.

Her tail hung in the air like a question waiting to be answered, the wildly curly mop of hair that grew from the end of that leonine appendage peppered with twigs and leaves. Pausing near a small puddle, the lass glanced at her reflection, a small smile perched on full lips. Golden eyes were clear and careless as she gazed at her surroundings; there wasn't anything to be found here, was there?

The petite maiden pushed a sigh through her nostrils, causing the curls that twined so languidly about her facial horns to shake and shiver halfheartedly. With a grunt, Ovidius stepped through the puddle and continued her wanderings, not bothering to observe her surroundings with any real gusto. How long had she been traveling? How long had it been since Daddy had left her side and his voice - sweet and slow like molasses - had become nothing more than an echo at the back of her mind or a weight in her heart?

She spat the taste of memories from her mouth, hating the thick film of nostalgia on her tongue.

She would miss no one and she would mourn no man. There was nothing to her name and that was just fine with her.

Being a King of her own self was just fine with her.

Everyone welcome!
Ladies are going to be received better than dudes. Dudes may get wrekd
Just to prove I'm not a runner,
I'll be coming with my guns up,
Shooting at the moon to bring the sun up.

Daetiin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Daetiin,
girls see more blood than boys

I found myself wandering back to the entrance of these magicless lands, the Threshold, as the natives seemed to call it quite regularly. Which in hindsight made sense as it appeared that this wooded region was the only entrance to and from this region unless you had gills. Emerald eyes flicked about easily as my dappled limbs carried me deeper into the greenery that had sprouted up almost overnight since the last time I had been here.

Had I really been in Helovia long enough for the season to change? The world to fade into green from the bright white that had blanketed it just a few short weeks ago? Not that I could complain much, the chill that lingered in the air as spring crept forward on her tip toes, was much more welcomed than the bony grasp of the winter winds. My mind shifted to the herd that had welcomed me with open arms and I made a mental note to hunt down this Birsa so I could get started with figuring out how exactly I would be crafting in this place without my magic.

Melancholy bounced from nerve ending to nerve ending as I wandered further into the Threshold, remembering the day that I had stepped over the border just to watch my livelihood turn into a cloud of emerald and jade and fade into nothingness before I could step back and claim it. Oultik better be here, and he better be glad that I came looking for him, it cost me everything that I had. For a moment I thought about bolting, running back through the entrance and finding the rest of the merry men until our fearless leader decided to find us on his own, but then the sound of another approaching wrecked those thoughts and suddenly I remembered that I was here on a mission and I wouldn't be leaving until it was completed.

Emeralds shifted to my eleven o'clock as a black and gold creature broke through the ferns that seemed to be nearly as large as the small mare was. White spotted ears flicked forward as I allowed a half smile to pull across my two toned features, my tiara bobbing down and then back up in a greeting before my vocal chords decided they could work. "Welcome to Helovia lady."

"Speech."

Image | @Ovidius  | she's such an interesting character! I love her already liquid time to before Dae found her companion egg cause I forgot to add it in the post

Eris
OVIDIUS

Ferns as tall as her head parted before her, sharp hooves striking into the moist earth without hesitation - that had been a rule from Daddy, "Hesitation is the same as cowardice, baby." - and without remorse. There was a sudden and newfound gusto in the lass' steps, something that had slid silently away from the mystery and sleuthiness of her previous steps.

Something full of life.

There was an odd feel to this land here, a heartbeat in the soil that resonated in the woman's golden bones. The ricochet and reverberation pulsed through her thin frame, swelling her soul and pushing at her conscious mind. The earth beat in time with her own breathing, a river of unknown power exploding from the ground.

What is this? What is this? What is this?

A voice broke Ovidius' concentration, drawing her attention away from that incessant pulse and toward the face of a towering mare. The blackened maiden eyed the stranger with a sort of cold appreciation, some sort of consideration that bridged the gap between frigid politeness and genuine interest. The woman looked strong, capable, real. Ivory and onyx fought for dominance over her hide and a single horn spiraled from the center of her forehead. There was a delicate cast to the study frame that Ovidius couldn't help but notice and admire; a kind cast to the lovely face that she couldn't help but grin at. Slowing to a stop before the unnamed mare, Ovi gave a mischievous wink and arched a brow.

"Thank you, I appreciate it." A moment of silence stretched between the two, bird chatter floating through the boughs, "I'm Ovidius." The mare's words were flat and straightforward - "Mincing words is a waste of time, and wasting time brings you closer to death." - but her molten gold eyes were alight with curiosity, "What is that? The pulsing feel in the soil? It rushes underhoof and surges in my body. What is that?"

yaaay! Hello! I love your lady<33

If I was being to cryptic, she's talking about the pulse of magic ;)

@Daetiin

Daetiin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Daetiin,
girls see more blood than boys

It appeared that my presence was welcomed by the metallic touched black, her eyes drifted over my frame for a moment, only noticed in the fact that my own emeralds were trailing across her own. Amazed that a fully grown horse could stand so short, yet seem to have no defects that would cause her to live any less than a normal life. She stopped moving, the petite limbs squaring out under her frame elegantly as I shifted my weight ever so slightly back against a cocked, cloven hoof, my own eyes settling easily upon her eyes that glittered the same shade as the molten markings upon her tiny frame. "Thank you. I appreciate it." 

The silence between us seemed to stretch out for what seemed like minutes on minutes, but in reality was only a few seconds of bird song before her delicate words spilled forth once more. "I'm Ovidius. Mincing words is a waste of time, and wasting time brings you closer to death." Suddenly I was intrigued by this Ovidius, a mare of small making who seemed to carry more wisdom than most of those I had met much larger than her. It seemed everyone these days were more interested in carrying on mindlessly for hours rather than cutting straight to the point and getting any kind of work done. Dark ears flicked forward as a grin spread across spotted features, lighting my bright eyes up as an easy laugh slid forward. "I appreciate your honesty Ovidius. I feel we will get along quite well, my name is Daetiin."

Suddenly the mood changed as the black's golden eyes sparked with excitement and words began to spill from her dainty features once again. "What is that? The pulsing feel in the soil? It rushes underhoof and surges in my body. What is that?" My tiara cocked curiously to the side as I listened to the world around us in hopes that I would understand what the little one spoke of. Frowning slightly I shook my head and allowed my deeper voice to fill the air around us, easily over taking the sound of the birds in the trees that surrounded us. "I've heard of magic running through these lands. But, my own magic seems to have left me when I entered through this here threshold. Searching for it is why I stumbled into you today." It was an awful big long shot, but maybe Ovidius would know where my magic had ran off to if she was able to hear it pulsating under the thick layer of grass and soil.

"Speech."

Image | @Ovidius  | I AM SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG

Graasvoel Posts: 97
World's Edge Artificier atk: 3.5 | def: 7.0 | dam: 8.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0hh :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
smitty

"fear the Vulture and it will come. fear nothing and you are the Vulture."

“What is that? The pulsing feel in the soil? It rushes underhoof and surges in my body.” The words of a woman struck through the brief (if racy) reverie that the stallion’s mind had slipped into— and only because (out of context) her words were, themselves, partly racy. Raptor eyes snap open, yellow pits sharpening on the trees around him. Surges in her body? He’d gladly help her understand that.

Tufted beard swayed as he shook his head slightly to free it of dozing’s fog. It was more difficult than he anticipated— his fantasy had been quite alluring. But, slowly, his mind returned to the dark forest around him, ears perked to hear another woman’s voice floating easily through the trees.

Large, heavy hooves cloaked in dense, tangled feathers carefully carry the thick, giant of a man through the trunks. Only once does once of his massive wings scrape against rough bark, eliciting curses in his mother-tongue to come coarsely from black lips.

Yellow eyes first see a woman, nearly as tall as himself but graced with a horn on her brow like those of the Plains. Her body is powerful, stocky, and her coat is splashed with cream and ink. His appreciative gaze does not miss the bright green eyes or the jade pendant that winked from around her neck. He smiled easily at her, before turning his yellow gaze swept to the other woman.

This mare was smaller, hornless like the striped, superstitious equines of the forests. She was slender, with a night-dark coat that stretched over her sharp angles. Bright gold attracts his raptor’s gaze on both her skin, eyes, and hooves. Her gilded stare is more feral than the splashed alongside her. Though there is something in both the women’s bright stares that is uncontrolled and wild— and it’s more than enough to stir the winged stallion’s blood.

“Ladies,” his white skull dips in greeting, “I am Gaal, recently of the World’s Edge, but still new to Helovia. What beautiful women am I so lucky to meet in this forest?” His rough voice is charming, if still rugged from the wild plateaus of his birth.

- - G R A A S V O E L - -

image | table by Kiki

@Ovidius

Please tag Graasvoel in all posts.

Eris
OVIDIUS

Her name was Daetiin and she appreciated the girl's honesty.

Good thing, too. Whatever would the spindly lass do if she wasn't appreciated? A mischievous smirk twisted at the corners of the petite lass' mouth, though she spoke nothing of the sarcasm that was running rampant within her head. She liked this Daetiin well enough; liked the lines of her figure and the way her voice cut through the birdsong like a shark through waves. Yes, she decided, this mottled mare was a lovely representative of the pulsating earth beneath Ovidius' hooves.

As quickly as it had come, the grin fell from the blackened maiden's face, aurelian eyes widening in wonder at the mention of magic.

Magic!

It was difficult for the gold-studded mare to pay attention as her new acquaintance continued to speak, the idea of something as wondrous as magic actually existing stilling the usual cacophony of thought. Shaking her skull in an attempt to clear her mind, Ovi listened carefully to the remainder of Daetiin's words, hoping there would be more information regarding the celestial pulse.

Her disappointment was masked with ease, the mare rolling her thin shoulders in a sort of shrug and giving an apologetic smile, "Then I apologize for interrupting your search, could I hel--"

Words were cut short by the arrival of a behemoth. A bright orangebehemoth. She watched in silence as the mountainous creature studied her newest acquaintance, golden gaze flickering with intrigue. When it came her turn to be inspected, the willowy dame bared her teeth, though there was no real venom behind the gesture. As the brute addressed them, the depth of his voice reverberating in her bones, Ovidius moved to stand beside Daetiin, shooting the mare an impish glance.

A popped hip and a quirked brow served as judgment for the towering mass of male that stood before them, his massive wings draped alongside his barrel in a grace that belied his size. Smacking her lips together, the little mare tried not to cough on her own laugh as she spoke, "What pretty words, Gaal." Her voice was velvet and smoke, "This is my main gal, Daetiin and I'm Ovidius. Now, tell me, because I'm dying of curiosity,"

An outright smile, blunt white teeth against a back drop of onyx and gold, "Is it difficult to haul your fat ass into the clouds on those wings or do you just keep them around for show?"

@Graasvoel @Daetiin