the Rift

[OPEN] There is a hole in the world

Vu Posts: 28
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3 :: 3 (Orangemoon)
Istina

My recent encounters have left me more prepared for this than I ever thought possible. The dreadful Frostfall (I love winter, truly I do) finally came to its heavenly conclusion and signs of life from once dormant landscapes bring cause for rejoice. A despairing mountain range greets my view as I crest a small hill, a pity such beautiful rocks have been reduced thusly. A solitary tree as the top of this hill provides a heat soaking black frame with slight shade from the sun’s rays but I remain grateful as I come to rest beneath it. What can only be described as fear washes over as my slight frame trembles, the time has come to visit the land Ciceron kindly spoke of. It has taken a of couple months for my hooves to grace the way to the Falls, but after meeting a lost beast I realized I could not hide from the world forever.

Cerulean eyes peer inside to the darkest regions of my brain and mental fingers grasp at a wooden plank to rip it away and allow a sliver of light to land on the dusty crates stored there.

This stranger did not believe the truth when it reached his ears, calling out “lies” and taking off into the frozen night. His actions nearly tore the mask off my face where it has happily resided for quite some time as a lie has never crossed these stained lips. It wounded pride I did not realize I possess and left me to wonder how I could ever grow so cold; a perfect statue with all emotions stowed away until alone. Being alone is the sole constant in my life, but this unnamed beast brought a shimmer to this carefully constructed mask. A temptation to sigh is quickly snuffed out.  No, I will face this. My unusually meek inner voice says. I will face this and see if perhaps I can uncover pieces of who I once was Meek tones turn stronger as my voice changes to fill the air around me instead of just my own head. “Ciceron!” I call out the unicorn’s name as inky features morph into their well-worn, cautiously crafted mask of indifference. Small steps... I think as mental fingers pull back from the task of removing another wooden plank.

After all, months have passed and perhaps he forgot the pitiful creature named Vu and I will be forever condemned to remain utterly alone.

"speech"

OOC: For Ciceron and possibly Rift but I don't mind if anyone else feels up to joining as well.  

@Ciceron
@Rift

-All magic and force are permitted barring serious injury and/or death-
-Powerplay outside of fighting is permitted-
-Please tag in all replies-

Rift Posts: 43
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 5
Eris
RIFT

He would give her space as she needed it, but Gods was it hard to stay away.

The winged stallion had been busy collecting his things from the Dragon's Throat and parting ways with the few there that he had known. Now though, as he followed his youngest sisters' scent trail through the sky, Rift found himself awash in guilt; had he known that she was right behind him all these years, just a single breath away from him through all the lands he had traversed, so much would have been different. Breath whistled slowly through his nostrils as his head pounded with the emotional burden - how had he not known? Had he truly been so selfish? So caught up in his own head and in his own fears that he had been oblivious to the one creature that had never given up?

The wind yanked angrily at his mane and tail, punishing him for the time lost and the effort wasted.

Angling himself toward the earth toward a familiar black figure, the scarlet youth dropped from the sky in a show of feathers and gangly legs. Taking a few steps away from Vu to balance himself, Rift blinked rapidly to clear his head; it would make no difference now. The past was elusive and permanent, the only healing that could be had would take place in the future. Turning his attention toward his sister, the slender stag tentatively stretched a wing across the gap between their skin, aiming to brush her blackened hide with the soft tips of his feathers.

"Vu," His voice was whisper soft, garnet eyes locked on her own aquamarine gaze, "Something troubles you."

@Vu
@Ciceron
All force toward Rift is permitted, barring permanent injury and death. 
All non-aggressive contact is permitted. 
Please tag Rift in all replies!
xoxo

Outcast
Istina

The rustling wind overhead and through the leaves of the trees being to the forefront of my thoughts the memory of first meeting Rift and how we discovered our relation. Dark lips turn upward in a rarely viewed genuine smile; the murmuring of the wind reminding me of the sound it makes passing through Rift’s feathers. Cerulean eyes glance upward foolishly expecting to see that crimson form hovering above and the smile falls away. I turn my attention inward to the bright memory of a well lit morning sky breaking the darkness in the cave I slept in. The curvature of my lips returns involuntarily as I recall how kind and patient Rift was as he talked me through my fear of him because of my sister’s murder not long before then.

The crates rattle and quake on their own as a once-clear mind wages war on itself.

Unspoken, mostly unfelt emotions tumble out of a mental crate in the form of myself during childhood; a lost girl. My mind’s eye widens as I am forced to stare into the broken soul of this girl..of me. Blackened head lowers in a physical effort to look away from the fractured look she wears, nostrils blowing wide with uncertainty. The attempt is made in vain as I cannot shake the image of the lost girl and the wind draws my attention to the sky in its mockery of Rift’s wing beat a second time. Softly I sigh, breathing out the growing disappointment at myself while longing to shove the image back into the crate if fell from. If I am to take steps toward self-recovery, I know I must not deny what has been long suppressed.

Inky lids slide closed over oceanic eyes while a racing heart begins to finally slow.

The rustling overhead changes then and the differences between feather and leaves become loudly announced. How could I ever mistake the two sounds? Longing to see my brother, I quickly surmise as eyes excitedly open. Disappointment is nowhere in sight as those great red wings fill my sight, speeding up my heart once more. “Rift” I breathe in a quieted version of my voice. As feathers brush across my skin I smile at him lightly and quickly move to close the small distance between us; hoping to lean against his solid form. He speaks then and my gaze falls to the ground, unsure. Softly, I reply, “Rift…I do not know if I am doing the right thing.” Cerulean eyes cloud over as an ashamed face looks away from him. How can I burden him with my troubles? I am already taking him from his home in selfish longing for his presence.

"speech"

OOC:  

@Ciceron
@Rift
@Agnodice

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Now the story's played out like this, just like a paperback novel. Let's rewrite an ending that fits, instead of a Hollywood horror.

A call from the borders drew the beast's attention from the rich grasses of the Falls. At first he wasn't quite sure that he had heard correctly but when Kiara confirmed his thoughts he turned to head towards the borders wondering who would be calling his name. Mentally he tried to recall the list of the many individuals he had met with over the last couple weeks but no one came to mind that would randomly show up at his home. Lifting his head high he eased himself into a long flowing canter with Kiara trotting along a little ways behind him. As he neared two figures came into view, one a black fae and the other a golden stag both with wings. Their names came bounding back to him in an instant after their conversation in the threshold a little while ago but what could they be seeking him for he wondered silently as he slowed his pace to draw up in front of the pair.

"Vu, Rift." He greeting pleasantly with a formal bow of his head as was his usual choice of formality. Both his guests had been speaking prior to his rather late arrival he could only hope that he was not interrupting anything too important. Then again that shouldn't really matter considering they were the ones who had summoned him to meet their presence, well at least Vu had. Not having caught any of their words he felt a little out of sorts for just jumping in but there was no helping it. This was the border of his homeland and everyone including himself needed to play by the rules.

"It's good to see you both again. Have you by chance reconsidered my offer?" He commented with a goofy grin trying to lighten the mood a little bit. Glancing his silver orbs over the two he couldn't help but pick up a slight crease of worry in Rift's eyes. Was there something he was missing or was this just nerves? Well either or he would hopefully pick up on it sooner or later.

ooc: So sorry for the wait things have been chaos lately

"Speechy speech"
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Outcast
Istina

There is a hole in the world.

I know it might seem forward to appear at the borders of a home, especially someone labeled as “outcast” but I find myself unable to mind my own manners. There are too many swirling thoughts, the classics light and dark battling for dominance of my brain and tongue. I do not know where the time has gone, I will be four this year with nothing to show for it save a wealth of experience about places not Helovia. The softly accented voice of a small tawny mare speaking a language I do not understand interrupts and for a moment my mental battle pauses. A slight smile breaks the black porcelain mask decorating my face and the light advances a step; perhaps I am not as alone as once imagined. Hildegunn, the sturdy ever sweet mare, has been my constant companion since Frostfall until today when I needed to come to a decision about my future.

Downcast eyes peer from beneath inked lashes as an approach demands attention.

The inner, never ending battle fades away in favor of the arrival of Ciceron and his
friend, Kiara. I remain wary of the tigress but dare not let it show…weakness is never favored no matter where one travels. His manners do not go unnoticed and I am quick to offer my own bow in return, dark muzzle touching an even darker chest in silent salute. It has been a long time since my last bow. I nearly chuckle at how lovely it feels to exercise the second of the three rules; Elegance. Cerulean eyes glance to Rift before speaking, “Ciceron, thank you for coming.” and falling silent to give my brother a chance to speak should he choose to.

Curved lips dance upward in a rarely witnessed smile.

Ciceron’s expression draws me out of my shell a surprising amount as a genuine smile finds its way to the surface. Did I just chuckle? The light sound escapes for a second, maybe two, before I stop myself in embarrassment…such displays have become foreign to me…On my journeys to find Rift I quickly learned to keep my guard up at all times. It is something that now grates and chafes as the lost girl shakes the bars of my mind. The small laugh may have been suffocated but the smile, I keep in place, truthfully I enjoyed Ciceron’s calming presence when we last met. Quietly, I finally reply. “You as well.” A weighted pause bound by nerves. “Yes…I think I have.” Not the most reassuring answer I could give but I am quite scared under the surface of being bound to one place after such a nomadic life.

And the hole is finally closing…

"speech"

OOC:  

@Ciceron
@Rift

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Now the story's played out like this, just like a paperback novel. Let's rewrite an ending that fits, instead of a Hollywood horror.

Meeting with the black fae and the golden stag was actually one of the more pleasurable things he had been able to do that day. It sure beat chasing off intruders from the borders and otherwise just patrolling a landscape that did not change too much this time of year. In a way the grey stallion was growing bored and starting to get restless doing the same duties day in and day out. He had no one of great significance in his life anymore, his children had grown and had better things to do rather then spend time with their father, this was all he had left.

Perhaps later he would venture farther from the borders for awhile and take some time to rediscover who he really wanted to be. He wanted a life outside of being a full time warrior, a way to kick back and have a little fun when duty didn't come knocking. He wanted to have someone in his life again to love and to cherish as much as he did Kiara only on a much different level. Could he ever hope to find someone like that he wondered silently awaiting answers from both Vu and Rift. While Rift stayed silent it was Vu who finally spoke clearing the silence between them. Nodding gratefully as she thanked him for coming he came to rest his eyes on her as she continued to speak.

As the answer to his question was finally revealed his grin spread wider although he could sense that something was still bothering the dark fae. "That's wonderful news!" He exclaimed moving over to attempt to touch his nose gently to the side of her neck as a form of encouragement. "I think you will really like it here."

tags: @Vu, @Rift
ooc: Again sorry for the wait my muse for him has been low lately
"Speechy speech"

Outcast
Istina

The hopeless longing of the Day.

I look past the unicorn’s form in the direction he arrived from, nerves building an oppressive cluster around my heart as it beats a staccato rhythm. Can I do this? Give up the freedom I have grown horribly accustomed to and be chained to a life where others view themselves as more important than me. Barking orders and carrying on with silver spoons dangling from their flapping maws. I suppress a shiver threatening to overcome my blackened frame and cerulean eyes dim. You are being rude to your host, stand up straight! My mother’s harsh voice slams into my brain and immediately I straighten my posture as my attention snaps to the stallion. I observe him carefully and it pleases me to see he remains much like when we first met; his previous kindness instilling an almost instant fondness for him in my chest.

Azure eyes do not blink as their gaze travels over him.

He appears to be mildly distracted though I remain unsure, it could be my nerves attempting to gain control and cause chaotic thoughts to bloom to life. The lost girl locked away in the room of my mind peers out through the crack in the cage, hope lingering on her face and inked lids close for the briefest of moments. Maybe this is what I truly want…a place to call home. The life of a nomad is never easy and I find myself silently musing even as Ciceron’s words wash over me.

Coaled lips tilt further upward.

Eyes brighten in response to his enthusiasm but before I can physically or verbally respond he touches me and instantly my slender muscles tense as I take a fraction of a step back. Vu! The image of my mother’s scolding face forces its way to the forefront of my mind. Outwardly I wince, embarrassment coloring my features and I cautiously step forward, speaking as I move to place my own velveteen nose to where his jaw meets neck (should he allow me after that awful display of manners). “Forgive me.” The words are whispered near his ear and my tone promises to explain another time. I pull back and attempt to find his silver gaze, “Thank you for the welcome, Ciceron. I am in your debt for such kindness.” My brother’s silence is not lost on me but I leave him to it; Rift has always been a bit of mystery and perhaps he wishes to give me a chance to become acquainted with the idea of herd life. Softly, I pose a question to the unicorn, “Perhaps you could show me around?”
Cerulean eyes peer at him and for once, a well-loved mask is not worn as hope shimmers lightly on dark features.

And smile on thy new world.

"speech"

OOC: That's quite all right <3  

@Ciceron
@Rift (Just join in when you can lovey)