the Rift

[PRIVATE] Life and love

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
ilios
Black hooves thudded against the soft sand leaving little puffs of sand in his wake. A warm smile was spread over his face as eh sought out Lani. He had told her of the caves and the fear that had shaken Helovia to it's core, now it was time to show her the beauty left behind. He was sure she would love it, at least parts of it anyway. He had been waiting until Birdsong to take her there. He didn't want to take her from the Throat to soon, wanted to give her time to settle in. He wondered, not for the first time, how hard it must be to leave the home you had always known to find another. Then again, he could relate, if even slightly. Silver eyes glittered with excitement as he found her. "Are you ready to go Lani?" He smiled and pranced around her playfully thick neck arched proudly. There was something about this mare that always made him feel warm and giddy. It was like being the foal he had never been when he was in her beautiful presence.

After they crossed to the main land he lead her to the entrance of the caves. Still smiling he dipped his head to the entrance sniffing the air carefully. As far as he could tell the scents that lingered were stale meaning they would be alone. "After you ma'am." He smiled and stepped back allowing her to enter first.  "Watch out though, the entrance was slick the last time I was here." He smiled encouragingly silver eyes calm and warm. He knows she is more than strong enough to go down by herself, but why make her think that? "I'll be right behind you." His bass a mere whisper as he watches her make her choice. 

Talk
Words;; 302
OOC/Tags;; @Xolani I have permission to PP
I'd sell my soul just to see your face. 
And I'd break my bones just to heal your pain.
image credits
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Xolani Posts: 39
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.0 hh :: 6 years (ages in Orangemoon)
ChaoticMelodies

Xolani
pain is an illusion, this is just a bruisin'

The teal-adorned stallion had promised to show Xolani the Heart Caves, and since that night, the pretty mare had waited impatiently for their upcoming trip. Even aside from the fact that she would be able to spend time with Ilios (the thought made her heart flutter and skip a beat, her pelt shimmering with light yellows and greens of adoration and affection). Love was a foreign concept to the young fae, who had thus far in life only been offered disgust and anger. She was beginning to think that she might be gaining an understanding of what it meant to love someone, and be loved in return - though she wasn't quite sure that Ilios felt the same way.

Still, when he came for her, she grinned broadly and pranced around him like a playful yearling, brilliant yellow joy gleaming from her sides, shaping an equine and a pegasus dancing intricately around one another. The stallion joined her in her gleeful leaps and bounds, asking if she was ready to go; she was, and she nodded eagerly, thrusting her nose toward the borders of the Dragon's Throat as though indicating that he should take the lead. Not for the first time, the silent mare acknowledged how very handsome he was, especially when he arched his neck like that.

They crossed to the mainland easily, arriving at the far shore without any delay. Their trek across the lands was equally pleasant. It was a lovely spring day; a breeze blew gently across Helovia, carrying the cheerful twittering of birds as a herald of the warmer weather. The sun shone brightly in the sky, warming the mare's back and highlighting the refined lines of her face. As they crossed the land, Xolani would periodically wander to and fro, intrigued by this plant or that creature; it was reminiscent of her first trip from the Threshold to the Throat, and every now and then she would look toward Ilios gleefully, as if to say, do you remember?

When the pair arrived at the caves, Ilios gestured for Xolani to descend into the caverns first, warning her of a slippery entryway. She glanced at him with a smirk and a raised brow, playfully nudging him as orange coursed along her sides. I can take care of myself, silly. As she pranced by, she flicked her tail, aiming to tickle his chest. It was the first time she had made such a gesture, and it had been so instinctual that it surprised even her. Suddenly bashful (blue-green, dark and dull, spiraled into view), she hastily and carefully stepped onto the well-worn path, making her way down into the dark, cool caves.

Think think think.

@Ilios
Please tag Xolani in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Xolani? Visit her plot page here!

ilios
He laughed happily as she pranced around him bright yellows dancing over her cream pelt. His beamed at her as he watched the yellows take shape into a equine and pegasus. His voice was deep and playful, "You forgot my horn." He chuckled deeply before prancing with her. He smiled when she needed and gestured for him to lead the way. Smiling brightly head took off at a run towards the border throwing words over his shoulder, "Catch me if you can!" There was something about this mare that always made his day fun.

He marveled at the warm spring day as he moved through the land with Lani slightly behind him. He didn't know if it was the good mood she had him in or the weather, but he never stopped smiling. Silver eyes turned to make sure she was following often. She had a habit of stopping ti inspect plants and animal they met along their route. He paused every time she she did smiling back at her; sometimes he would offer a name. Of course he didn't know much about plants, but he did know quite a bit about. He smiled softly and nodded every time she would look at him. He could remember the day he had taken her to the Throat. She had been just as curious then as she was now.

When they finally reached the caves and he told her she could go first he laughed at the look she gave him. To be honest it surprised him that she was so willing to go in alone. Most horses in Helovia hated the caves, because of the memories associated with it. He laughed as her tail gently brushed his powerful chest. He smiled softly and waited until she was out of sight before following her. It was just has he had remembered, slick and dark. If I remember right this room was the Sanctuary, but he couldn't be sure. "I think they called this room the Sanctuary." He smiled and moved closer to the wall of lava covered by crystal. "It's cool huh?" He smiled and glanced back at her.
------------------------
Talk
Words;; 357
OOC/Tags;; @Xolani
image credits
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Outcast
ChaoticMelodies

Xolani

"You forgot my horn," he told her playfully, and she made a face at him wryly. I wish I had enough control over this to forget your horn. The thought was a complex one, unlikely to transfer well either by her body language or her magic, and so she let it go, slipping away into the warm air of the Throat. They raced for the border, her ability to keep easy pace with him bringing a grin to her face. By the time they reached the boat to the mainland, she had barely even broken a sweat.

Being a newcomer to the land, Xolani did not share the negative associations that most Helovians had with the caves. A naturally curious creature wont to exploration and inquisitiveness, the mare had found herself wandering here and there even in her homeland. And it had been so boring there! Even with shopkeepers and peddlers crowding the streets, even with so much to overhear and learn, she had never found the landscape particularly attractive. Here there was open space, a blue sky above, beautiful plants everywhere, lovely new animals to see. She was grateful each day for the blessing that was Helovia.

And, of course, its inhabitants. Or, more precisely, one in particular.

The mare descended into the darkness confidently, though she was careful to place every step purposefully. As Ilios had warned, the path was slick and black, difficult to follow save for simply feeling it out. Despite her show of bravado, she let out a silent sigh of relief when she finally felt the ground level out beneath her hooves. Darkness surrounded her, preventing the distinction of colors on her pelt. As she moved out of the way so that her companion could join her safely, she noted that she wouldn't have to be so careful of her thoughts down here. On the surface, she was afraid that her body would give away her attraction before she was ready to reveal it. Here, though... if he couldn't see her colors, he couldn't read her mind.

It wasn't all darkness, though - a wall of lava, encased with crystal, lit the room in a moody red. Fascinated, the mare walked slowly closer, joined by Ilios. He called the room the Sanctuary, and she was struck by how apt it would be if this were a sept devoted to the Sun God. This would be His sanctuary, where His priests gave sermons and converted the non-believers. She smiled, more to herself than anything, her shoulders shivering in silent giggles at her imagination. Regardless of the room's use or name, it was beautiful in an eerie, almost angry way. She nodded slightly to him, her gaze distracted but her ears focused on his voice. Show me more.

Think think think.

@Ilios
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

ilios
He laughed brightly as they raced through the Throat with his Lani racing beside him. She was his, he still didn't know if he loved her fully, but she held a part of his heart. He just hoped she would handle the broken piece with as much care as he would with her's. That is if she even wanted to give him a piece of her heart. His own heart gave an extra hard thump at the thought. He almost stumbled in surprise at how much he wanted her to love him. Was it some hidden need from having daddy issues, or was he really in that deep? A shiver ran through his frame as the stallion ran beside her.

As the entered the cave he had no fear, since he hadn't been around during that horrible time he had no reason to be scared. His silver eyes never left her pretty body as the moved into the cavern. He loved the way her face looked in the flickering fire light and his chest swelled with emotion. The smile that flickered over her dainty features made his heart beat faster. He watched her and moved with her as she stepped closer to the wall of crystal and lava. Her ears were trained on him and he smiled warmly eyes on her rather than the surrounding area.

"I want to skip over one of the things here and show you something, I really think you'll like. We can come back and look at it before we leave though." His voice was low and gravely as he playfully tried to nudge her side before turning down a hall. He smiled and pranced as he moved towards the Glowing room. He was sure she would enjoy the dark mysterious place as much as he did. He was careful about trying to keep her by his side. His side scraped the wall as they moved trying to ensure her tender hide would be left unscathed. He turned his horned head to grin warmly at her as they entered the glowing room. The soft blue light was welcoming, to him at least. It made him think of his mother's blue fire magic.

He focused on her face trying to read her expression. "This is called the Glowing room Lani, it's one of my favorites." He smiled warmly at her catching her expression before turning to enjoy the room as well. It was beautiful, but paled in comparison to the mare beside him. Unbidden his eyes turned back to look at her. A thought struck him and he reached up for a flower hangin on a vein above her head. Carefully he nipped the stem off between his teeth and lowered his head. He grinned around the pretty flower before carefully trying to place it in her mane beside his feather. As he pulled his muzzle back he tried to run his lips lightly down her neck and shoulder. His silver eyes blazed in the dim light as his neck arched a little his hormones getting the better of him.
---------------------------------------
Talk
Words;; 514
OOC/Tags;; @Xolani
image credits
Tag me

Outcast
ChaoticMelodies

Xolani

His voice lingered in the still air of the caves as he nudged her side, inviting her to follow him toward a different area of the underground caverns.  The mare blushed ever-so-slightly at his touch, lowering her gaze shyly to the ground for a moment.  The darkness reminded her that she need not fear the revelations that her pelt might reveal, and as she followed him, she felt emboldened by the knowledge that he was now just as in the dark (no pun intended) regarding her thoughts as she was regarding his.  As they walked, she noticed the way that he protected her from the narrow halls and scraping rocks.  It brought a small smile to her face, affection evident upon her features.  Xolani had never learned to hide her emotions (nor would she want to hide them even if she had), and each dim ray of light that danced across the petite lines of her visage revealed more than any color of her coat could.

The Glowing Room was as lovely as promised and as luminescent as its name suggested.  A gentle blue-green light washed over the mare's ivory pelt, providing just enough light to make out the awestruck shapes (if not their colors) dancing across her coat.  Moss had appeared upon the floor, muffling their sharp hoofbeats upon the stone floors of the caves; it wove its way intricately up the walls, eventually becoming hidden behind the gently glowing leaves of the trees dotting the room.  Somewhere in the back, Xolani could just barely make out the sound of falling water; upon closer inspection, she could see the way the teal light danced upon the cascade.

A wide grin split her features as she pranced in place, bobbing her head enthusiastically up and down as she turned her attention back to Ilios.  Her breath caught in her throat as she noticed the way he was looking at her.  Her heart hammered even more quickly as he reached to pluck one of the lovely, glowing flowers from a vine to settle it in her mane beside his feather.  The brush of his muzzle against her ear sent a brief, anticipatory shudder along her spine, drawing orange blooms to the surface of her coat.  They looked a muddy brown in the blue-green light, but the shapes were quite clear - and, if he were to look, quite embarrassing, given the mare's current, shall we say, longing.

His lips caressed their way down her neck and to her shoulder, leaving her breathless and shivering beneath his touch.  Her gaze, bright and burning, rose to try to find his.  She reached out slowly, unsure, never having been this close with anyone else before (never having wanted anyone else before), trying to mimic his movement.  She wanted to trace the strong lines of his neck (slowly, tantalizingly) before resting her muzzle firmly on his chest, right above where his heart would be.  Is this what love feels like?

Think think think.

@Ilios

ilios
His eyes followed the twitch of ever facial muscles as she looked around them. He was learning so much from her, how to read body language, how to open up, and possibly how to love. As his muzzle brushed her shoulder and he looked down he grinned as his heart beat faster. He lead the way carefully, even though the rough walls kept a few locks of his golden pelt. In honesty, it was worth it to bruise his side as long as she remained in one piece. He smiled as he moved into the cave. His tail flicked nervously, as he thought of how his parents had conceived him here. Well not in this chamber, but down in this hole anyway. He glanced back at her and beamed at the apparent affection upon her beautiful face. Deep inside he could feel a war raging on. A part loved her and just wanted her, but the other part... He pushed the feelings a side and focused on the present.

As they drew to a halt he turned to look at her, unable to keep his gaze away for long. As a child he had come here often with Penna of course, that had been the deal with Parelia. Now he was here with a beautiful lady that had amazing pictures playing out over her bodice. He couldn't make out the colors, but her face gave it all away. His voice was huskier than normal as he spoke, "Do you like it?" His face was warm with a touch of longing brushing his masculine features. He watched her prancing and he assumed she longed to explore the place he had lead her to.

When she turned and noticed what he was doing she stood stock still, and he smiled. As his lips touched her supple skin he felt the tremor and wondered if he was pushing the boundaries too far. Concern flared in his gut, mingling with the lust. Then his eyes found the shapes dancing over her back and his smile turned to more of a wolfish grin. Heat raced through his body sending a throbbing sensation through him.

Silver eyes blazed as she slowly reached for him. Was he her first? He vowed to be gentle as he watched the shaky way she moved to touch him. His breath quickened into shallow breaths as her silky muzzle touched his skin. Fire flared in the wake of her touch as she moved and pressed her nose against his chest. His horned head dipped as tender teeth gently tried to nibble her right shoulder and withers. Anywhere he could reach would feel his touch if she allowed it. Pausing from the possessive nibbles he attempted to nuzzle her neck and bury his face against her soft skin. He drew in a deep breath. her scent drove him wild his heart hammered and he started the nibbles again. Were they really going to do this?
Talk
Words;; 493
OOC/Tags;; @Xolani Feel free to fade to black in your post
image credits
Tag me

Outcast
ChaoticMelodies

Xolani

Even of platonic love, the mare knew little, for her homeland had left her desperately deprived of even the simplest forms of affection. Her mother and father, two creatures who (by all accounts) should love her unconditionally, despised her. To them, Xolani was naught but a reminder of everything that they hated. She was too plain, too quiet, too dull. She wasn't special. There was nothing that made her stand out, and they hadn't taken the time to get to know the intelligence behind her pale blue eyes. To them, she was a nuisance. To her, they were a pair of horses that would never be pleased, no matter how hard she tried.

She remembered vividly a time when she was about four months old: her mother had long since abandoned suckling the babe, and since custom dictated that it was immoral to starve one's offspring to death, they had invested in a nurse mare. The peasant horse was kind in her way, though she was not particularly nurturing. Having lost her own child, she was stuck in a cycle of despair. In any case, the young mute had worked with her nurse mare one day to gather up the prettiest flowers they could find to present to her mother. Perhaps, she had reasoned, if she gave her mother something pretty, the aloof mare would see that she wasn't entirely useless.

The girl had worked tirelessly to put together the surprise in a common area that her mother was sure to see. When the time came, she stood proudly alongside the bright hues of the petals, her ears perked eagerly towards the approaching form of her mother. The mare had swept in, distaste and disdain evident on her features. She had paused, given her daughter a long, disgusted look - and then she had sniffed and turned away, stalking silently from the room without a backward glance. She never even looked at the flowers.

Xolani's hopes of repairing her broken family life had been snuffed out. She had grown used to solitude, though loneliness had plagued her ceaselessly. When she had arrived in Helovia, she had never dreamed to find affection or acceptance, much less some semblance of what she had only heard of: love. And yet... here she stood, in a gently glowing room of flowers, with a waterfall cascading softly in the background, completely entranced by a stallion who had offered her not only a home, but a part of himself as well. (Or, at least, she imagined that he was doing so by bringing her here.)

Still, she hesitated, balanced precariously on the edge of that great abyss. To love, she had long since learned, was to prepare oneself for loss; and yet she could not bring herself to turn away that affection that Ilios offered so freely. She was bound by her desperation, called to him in her time of greatest need simply because he was there, endlessly appearing and offering her comfort, guidance, adoration. Was it love? Perhaps not. Our sweet Xolani couldn't tell the difference.

She barely heard his question, her heart was racing so loudly in her ears. She blushed when she noticed the way he stared at her, grinning at the risqué images dancing across her pelt. No, I'm sorry, I'm not - But he wasn't appalled. In fact, he seemed rather... excited. Sharp nips traced her shoulder, his soft muzzle pressed against her skin: every touch elicited the same anticipatory shiver. If she had been able, she might have whimpered with need; as it were, she exhaled sharply with each additional click of his teeth upon her hide. She was filled with a deep longing that she couldn't explain, an instinctual desire that drove her to press her body closer to him, slipping along his side.

She was afraid, of course - afraid that she was imagining thing, afraid that he wouldn't want her after all, afraid that if he did want her that it would hurt. She was afraid of much and more, and yet it was all drowned out by the sound of her heartbeat in her ears, the feeling of her pulse pounding through her veins, the hungry gleam in his eyes that was, no doubt, matched by her own blazing gaze. As he moved around her, she pressed against him with a sharp gasp...

Fade to black.

Think think think.

@Ilios - uh so this kind of got away from me a little xD