the Rift

go bother salmon else [Common SS]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Random Event

She didn’t know exactly how it happened, but it did. She was just visiting this pond, swimming on through and minding her own business like a good fish, when she had decided to snack on some hazelnuts that had dropped into the water. After that - everything was different. She knew things. Most of these things didn’t make any sense to the salmon… perhaps she was supposed to eat all of the hazelnuts? But they made her so bloated so she had to stop!

One of the things that she did know was that she had something to guard, something she needed to protect until someone else was found that could do a better job (ha! If they could!). It was an egg! Not a beautiful, round, little egg like the ones this fish would be laying soon in the rivers of the north - but a large, ugly thing. It had to stay dry, sitting safely out of the water on a nest of stones, and its surface was slightly rough and mottled with dusky colours. While she, a flawless 4 foot long salmon, rested in the water near it. Her massive red body curled slightly around the nest at the shore, almost blending in with the blood coloured waters.

There was no doubt that they would come - they always come - but she needed to make a challenge for them, otherwise she’d be guarding this thing for the rest of her life. And there were salmon eggs that needed her attention too!

She left the egg only for a moment, using her tail to knock hazelnuts from the pond and onto land nearby, before returning to guard it as her green-grey head rested just at the surface of the water - beady black eyes watching for .  

Let anyone who wanted to prove they could protect this egg better than she could eat a hazelnut and then maybe they would be able to share in the knowledge she held.

------

This is a COMMON SS (Species Specific) COMPANION DROP

Please post a link to your wishlist, and any previously refusals of this type that you may have. If you want to use extra VOTG rolls, please post those as well.

You have 72 hours to reply!

photo

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine

don't get lost in my lyrics
you won't find your way out

It was a strange patch of forest, to be sure, and Aisling was still not sure she liked it much. There was too much red and not enough green to suit her liking but at least now she could regard it with curiosity rather than fear. She remembered when is had first appeared--remembered hearing the tales of the battle that had been waged by the God of the Spark and other Helovians--and how ominous it had seemed then, but now that the looming specter of danger seemed to have abated she had wanted to return and explore it fully.

She made her way through the sea of trees, each showing the start of their ruby leaves and tried to look with an open mind (she really did have a biased toward a more verdant form of foliage) while the music from her flute kept her company. The prized gift from the Sun God hung glittering at her right shoulder, strapped around her neck by the ribbons that usually tied back her mane into its customary braid. It had been an awful wrench to undo the plaits that her mother had put in so long ago (and that Aisling had carefully maintained) but she had seen no other feasible way to carry the instrument. By and by she came to the small pond at the falls that was also stubbornly crimson, and bent her head to take a drink only to find  at her feet the delightful surprise of several hazelnuts lying at her feet. 

Aisling took just one of the nuts, knowing that this was a treat to savor slowly and munched slowly as she raised her head to consider her surroundings. It was then she spotted the egg, though it could have easily been passed over as simply another rock, rough and dull colored as its was. Curiosity spiked, the little white mare murmured a quite "Hush." to the flute, which ceased its song, and moved closer to investigate. It was a curious thing, a lone egg, made only stranger when it became apparent that it was not actually alone. The fish hovered as close as it seemed able too, and though she had no reason to suspect that it would understand her she hunkered herself down and spoke gently to the salmon. "Now here's a strange meeting of land and sea! That egg looks a might large for you, Mother Fish, you should be off laying your own. I suppose you couldn't bear to leave it all by itself." Perhaps it was the mothering instincts kicking in due to her pregnancy, but Aisling had always been one to offer help where she could, no matter how odd the pairing of an egg and a fish seemed to be.

”.”
Seeking: Dragon | Common (green) | Fire Breath
Wishlist: Here
Prior Refusals: One

art by imi
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Draevo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The call of Thunder

The primitive brute had never flown this far north before, but with birdsong in the air and frostfall fading to memory, the beast had spread his great wings and decided to fly. Not a small glide to the mainland to stretch his legs upon the mirror of the world, this flight would shake the dust from his bones and allow his impressive wingspan to cast shadows upon the meadow and beyond.

His flight brought him northward until the glinting reds speckled within the snow capped mountains caught his attention. Interest caught, the stallion banked and began his descent into the thicket of red waters and dappled tree's. Hind legs engaged to touch the earth before his forelimbs, he landed with an audible thump within the glade, like a drum signalling an on coming storm. Cantering to a stop as his wings folded against his sides, he allowed himself a moment to be still, take in the surroundings and see if anybody else had also entered this unusual patch of land. Seeing nothing within his immediate vicinity, the brute moved forwards, ears perked towards the sounds of rushing water, it was a good place as any to fill up and move out if there was nothing worth noting.

Draevo's eyes eventually landed upon a petite mare as he entered the watery thicket.

"M'ath." A rumbled snort accompanied his words, a rough greeting intended to be much kinder than his primal chords could manage. She was the color of creams from other lands and herds which had peppered the outer ridges of his homeland, and barely reached his shoulder. A humored noise rose in the back of his throat, and he swung his great bulk closer towards the water. Once there, he dipped his muzzle in and had been content to drink his fill in great, noisy mouthfuls until the hazelnuts also caught his attention. She seemed to be of little threat, and so the warrior had been content to leave her be and let her engage him if she so chose.

Some might have been wary of carefully placed treats by the waters edge, Draevo not so much, sooty lips lipped for one and brought it into his mouth. Crunching interrupted when the pale fae began to speak, ear flicked forward to catch her words and drop his gaze to the fish she appeared to be talking to. Dawning on him with her words that this large fish had been protecting an egg that had not come from her, his tail flicked at his hocks and his head raised.

The egg itself was too big for a fish, and kept on dry land. Mothers were strong in his land, and to intrude too close to their young was a death sentence, so he kept a respectable distance from the fish's adopted egg. "Mai keep safe what is not hers." There is respect in his tone for the fish's actions, she could all too easily have made herself a target for egg thieves and bandits. "Brave." He added, head dropping to get a better look at the koi mother.

M'ath - greeting.
Mai - mother.

the unrelenting fury of the storms
Art Credit

SEEKING :: [SS :: Common :: Wakiya]
WISHLIST :: LE CLICK
No prior refusals.

Brendan Posts: 31
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: Two Years (Orangemoon Born) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Arwen :: Plain Hellhound :: Acid Emily

BRENDAN
HARDSHIP OFTEN PREPARES AN ORDINARY PERSON FOR AN EXTRAORDINARY DESTINY

Together we roamed. I am not used to having to look after anyone but myself. But the fact remains that I am now bonded to a hellhound just like my Father. Arwen rests upon my back as I move. I wanted to explore, and she wants to sleep. So well, we compromised. In all honesty, I was really returning to look for my mother. After all, this had been the last place I had seen her before Alanna had taken me back to the Falls the first time. I should of stayed then, as maybe now I would know where my Father is. But there is nothing I can do about that now. Arwen stirs slightly on my back, and I stop. Thankfully I am not very tall yet, as the pup leaps from my back and takes off running. "Arwen!" I call after her, giving chase at once. We move in and out of the trees, past the place where Mother had left me.

It is only when she stops, that I see what she is leading me to. There are already two others here, gathered near some water with... What's that.... Another egg?! I glance to Arwen who is standing proudly at my hooves. I move forward, unable to resist the idea of one of the hazelnuts I sudden see laying along the waters edge. I eat only one, i'm not greedy after all. That's when I see her. The salmon laying protectively around the egg. I smile softly, glad to know that at least this egg was well looked after. "Mother fish, what happened to the egg's mother?" I ask curiously. I look to the other two, wondering if they had asked the same.

Arwen, happy with herself for leading me here flops down under where I stand. After all, she is just a pup. Her run had tired her out. It's not long before soft puppy snores can be heard from under me. This of course leaves me wondering... If I am picked to look after this new egg, can I really look after all three of us on my own?

"Talk"

Brendan can bond to two companions
Wants: Dragon | Frost Breath
Wishlist
Prior Refusals: None

Kid Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Equine :: 15hh :: 3 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
"I'll let them know what bad means."
I didn't have to sneak out behind Mother's back per usual, instead watching her willingly let me go out on my own (it's a miracle!) as a so called "reward for my improvement". I have a feeling it's all because of my behavior over the past few weeks, of me playing the stoic and intelligent child she's always dreamed of having— an observant illusionist, where my emotions are sinking further and further away from the surface and my eyes are keen. I've held my tongue and preached of supremacy all for her satisfaction and approval— itching to be her favourite despite knowing full well that I may never get that title (not with my small physique and shitty personality).

So I took the chance and booked it, making sure beforehand that she was in a well enough mood and wouldn't come barreling after me prepared to bite my head off (a real threat). I take my time picking my way through the forest until I reach the edge, scattered shards of light breaking through the canopy as I step beyond the boundaries of the forest and march on. I don't have any predetermined destination, letting my hooves carry me where they wish— following that subtle pull of magic towards a location I've been to only once before.

It doesn't seem to be a coincidence that I return to the same place I received my crown for a second prize, bubblegum eyes instantly drawn to the gathered few around the small body of water— shimmering red reflecting all the curious faces as they gaze at something in awe. My strides lengthen (to as long as they can get with these short and stubby legs), carrying me to the object of awe.

It's an egg, mottled and precious— drawing me in with hums and a tugging in my gut— like magic almost. It seems I'm not the only one, for everyone else has their eyes drawn to the egg and the fish submerged beside the nest, seemingly waiting for us all to gather. Others have stooped down to eat up hazelnuts that are scattered around our feet, my eyes trailing after each hazelnut that gets consumed before focusing on one of the ones presented to me (more like conveniently placed). Do I eat one too?

As everyone else is, I take the time to take one up into my mouth, chewing thoughtfully at the brand new taste. Interesting... I don't know why we've all decided to eat these hazelnuts before this pond specifically, and why no one else has complained about the sogginess of the nuts, but it seems to me that there is a reason behind it. Others are beginning to comment on the fish, calling her brave and thoughtful for her actions— deeming her "mother fish". Did the fish even understand us? I peer at her (why are we even assuming it's a her?) Probably because father's always fail to be there (which isn't true, but from my experience...).

It's a kind gesture to guard an egg that is not her own, a motherly instinct perhaps (if we're assuming that fish is female)— but understandable. She could have simply left it, swam away and done whatever fish do, yet she chose to stay by its side. Whatever life lies within the egg is surely precious (the egg is considerably larger than any bird egg I've happened upon, and this magic— it must be something special), and maybe the fish was also drawn to the quiet power it emits? Whatever the case, we were all here now with unknowing need to possess the egg she so dutifully keeps safe. "A very admirable action."

"Talk."

wishlist, seeking a red dragon w/ fire breath
kid
the boy king
image credits

made by reli

tag me in everything

Erebos Posts: 474
Aurora Basin General atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 75.5 | Buff: DANCE
Orsino :: Plain Kitsune :: Dark Illusions & Enyo :: Common Griffon :: Draining Clutch Heather

The prince knew the Blood Falls and all their enticements – the rivulets of red flowing from stream to stream, leaf to leaf, soil to soil, the noxious blur of warfare, the serpentine looping of secrets and duplicities. As always with his cause, he was tempted by the devilish intrigue, by the billowing archways of crimson and clover, by the strange, unearthly blend of Rift conundrums and Helovian enigmas. They blended and blurred amidst the grandiose scape, scaling and clawing, spinning and sprinting, delighting in the layers of mischief and nonsense drifting over scheme after scheme. Orsino would hiss some nefarious concoction and the pair would simmer in the shadows, cackling over the mastery of everything and nothing all at once; the sinister synapses of power, of potential, crackling over their skin.

The boy might have pranced on into another region entirely, had his curiosity not been piqued, flourished, ignited, and incensed by the sight of beings gathered around a pool. They stood for a length of time merely watching, waiting for something to happen, and Erebos thought of damnation and corruption hovering in the mist – like monsters swarming at their feet, like Gods beckoning across the horizon, like a great, grand battle hoisted upon the crowd of mortals – but instead, they all appeared to be investigating an object alongside the embankment.

Intrigue settled over his mind again – a brazen foe, an incandescent temptress, sizzling and devouring, smoldering and seething, until he felt himself growing closer and closer, eyes not bothering to gaze at the others, but at the object they all seemed to be drawn towards.

An egg.

A greedy, covetous, mercenary brand scalded the Machiavellian incantations layered along his skull – he wanted it, needed it, knew what it was, knew what it could possibly contain. Orsino bristled through their connection, a thunderous Yes, yes! triumphantly bellowing within their schism, and the boy yearned to reach out and touch, to dance across the water and seize it from anyone, everyone else…

But he was better than that – a little, anyways.

He’d learned from the past. Erebos had only managed to snag Orsino’s tiny egg from a raven (in the deep, dark, murky forest, where whispers turned into demons, where fiends slithered and sank – if Orsino had come from there, what on earth would come from here?) through tasks and trials, through tribulations and wit, and if there was a chance, an opportunity, to gain more (what he constantly craved, more and more and more), he’d snag and tether himself until he was dismissed or privileged once again.

A part of him hoped the fish hadn’t known a particular turkey.

He bent down, close to the edge, peering at the hollowed bits of hazelnuts, the other occupants, and the egg, nestled in its dusky shell. The sable kitsune tucked itself beneath the soldier’s forelegs, daring to take a look himself. The youth and his fox listened quietly to everyone’s murmurings, from brave to admirable actions, and then brandished his own quiet, charismatic smile, tilting his head to gaze fully upon the mother fish, who couldn’t possibly take on nurturing the egg by herself. “How can we help you?”

Wishlist - Seeking Griffin with Draining Clutch
- No prior refusals
- Has ability to bond to two companions
- Would like to use 1 one of my VOTG rolls. <3

Image Credits

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
ilios
It had been a while since the ivy masked stallion had found himself here. The last time he had been here he had met a pretty light colored mare. She had been from the Edge, and smoke bellowed from her lunges with each breath. Her name had been Auriel and she had made the trip to the Blood falls amazing. He smiled softly as he flew slowly over the scarlet land. Everything about this place made him curious. Why was it all red? Even the water was scarlet, like blood. Instead of seeing the horror behind it he turned it to beauty. He liked to think of it like rubies instead of blood. There was no reason to see how horrible something so beautiful it could be instead.

Silver eyes glinted as they picked out the sight of several horses gathered by a scarlet pond. Silently he circled once or twice before slowly descending. With a loud thump he landed behind the group and folded his wings close to his body. A smile touched his face as he carefully moved through the bodies. His nose quivered as he picked up the scent of him home wafting from a large black and blue male. Stopping beside him he nodded to his herd brother before turning to see what everyone was looking at. Hunger and greed clawed at his belly as he caught sight of the musty looking egg resting upon some rocks. Sharp eyes caught sight of the massive fish guarding it. He watched the creature for a moment before looking at the egg again. He wanted that egg more than anything else in this moment. He lonely heart longed to have the second part of his soul.
Talk
Words;; 287
OOC/Tags;; Seeking a Rougarou with Flame ONE
Two
Three
Four
Five
WISHLIST
I'd sell my soul just to see your face.
And I'd break my bones just to heal your pain.
image credits
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Cowboy Posts: 22
Up For Adoption atk: 5.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 3 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

COWBOY
I may be a real bad boy,
But baby I'm a real good man.

The red roan stallion had never made it this far into Helovia before, well, except the World's Edge anyway. He hadn't gone North last time, he was pretty sure they hadn't at least. Either way he had went North from the Threshold this time. Different colored eyes roved slowly over the odd bloody landscape. The stallion hardly saw any of it though. His shoulder was bare thanks to that stupid mare. She would give it back, or she would pay for it; in blood. Usually he would have set aside his anger let the girl go, but he had no love of thieves and sneaks. Rage pulsed through his body as he moved slowly through the trees. He would train, and train hard before finding her. He wanted to make sure he could take her on, make sure he could get his bag back.

A snarl lifted his red lip up in disgust as he wondered what kind of bitch would steal from him. He hadn't done anything wrong. Hell, he hadn't even been in Helovia long enough, either time, to piss anyone off. How dare some lowlife lady steal from him then prance home like everything was just peachy. Oh he would have his revenge and he would savor it.

A sound drew his thoughts away from the darkness in his mind. Blue and brown orbs roved over the area before landing on a group of people. Drawing himself up to his full height the moon marked brute strode forward head high. One particular body caught and held his attention. A black, white, and red colt, held his attention and he made a bee line for him. He looked so much like Volterra, his half brother. Curiously he stopped beside the youngster completely oblivious to why they were gathered. His slow drawl fell from his lips as dual eyes gazed down at the child, "Is your father Volterra by any chance?" He watched the foal intently ears pricked to catch his reply. He looked so much like his brother he had to be his son. Pride swelled in his chest as he looked over the handsome youth.
Drawl
Words/Tags;; 358 @Kid speaks to him directly
OOC;; Seeking a dragon with shock magic probably blue Wishlist
IMAGE CREDITS
[Image: commission_cowboy_copy_by_poolpaw-d9xaagi.png]     [Image: 57042ce5d562d]
Please tag

Milo Posts: 60
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 2 years [Birdsong]
Jen

Milo

You left and I never came back

I do not come the same way that most do. The Blood Falls are not a place I am intimately familiar with, but they are a water source and thus a home for comfort. I am in a deeper part of the falls, allowing the water to wash over my aching spine and support my hindquarters, when I first hear the commotion. Voices in the distance and a stirring in the water as smaller fish move out of the way of something larger. Something very large.

My golden eyes narrow with curiousity as I watch, but I wait some time before moving. I recognize this scene: the mysterious creature, the egg that it guards, and the hungry crowd seeking it are all too familiar to me. And once again I find myself feeling anxious and unfit for whatever role I am meant to be cast in. What am I meant to perform for this mother fish as they all call her, for the hungry eyes that seek the egg in the water? Hazlenuts are swept onto the shore and I cut through the red-bottomed lake at a slow and unsteady pace. I watch as some eat the hazlenuts without question, but I don't trust enough in nature to do the same. Life has hurt me before, and one too many times.

No, I decide that I'll wait. Unable to speak to the fish, not wishing to move closer to the egg, and still taking comfort by standing in the water, I watch the others and wait to see what effect the hazlenut has on their impatient souls.
""

image credits

Seeking: Dragon, fire breath
Wishlist: x
Priors: 1

Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer
Bend your chest open so I can read your heart
I need to get inside or I'll start a war

It was day but darkness engulfed the sun.

It was not an instantaneous change, but her internal clock (forever ticking on its countdown to zero) knew that it should not be nighttime already. (Even nighttime was a generous description for the state of the sky—there were no moon or stars but instead a gray oblivion shrouded by a rich and black pattern of leaves.) The trees grew taller and taller as she penetrated the deep forest, until their quivering branches scraped the sky; in this forest even her brother would be dwarfed.

Despite the eldritch atmosphere, she wandered without concern for her well-being. She was, along with the many others, drawn towards the elusive promise of power in friendship.

Lilómiel hissed, his tongue clicking in disapproval as they encroached on the swell of bodies surrounding the water. Her eye was drawn not towards the others (although she subconsciously charts them: compact pony, grandiose warrior, paint, Kid, unicorn, etc, etc) but towards their focus. Anyone accustomed to the ways of Helovian rites would know what such a gathering would indicate: that is to say a prize. And greedy like all the rest, Nymeria drifts forward hungrily, jostling amongst the others to stay her gaze upon the egg.

No.

Her dragon’s dismay is palpable; he flutters his wings in anxious repose, beating his feathered tail against her broad back. For a moment she considers his argument. Then she shakes her head and snorts softly, quashing his concerns without a care. She knew how he felt—she knew because they were tied intimately in heart and soul—but she also knew that having four eyes watching her back was better than two. After the incident with Abraham (overpowered, outnumbered, outgunned) she understood the benefits that could be reaped by a second splitting of herself… if she could take it.

(Nymeria thought she could. But didn’t everyone?)

Although her apprentice practically demands her attention, she decides that in this matter he will be alone with his judgement. This was not a gathering of goodwill; it was a competition. Whatever façade the competitors wore mattered not: in the end, they all hungered for the same prize. This was not her first rodeo—but with any luck, it’d be her last.

The rest of them (many, if perhaps not all) lower their heads to nibble at the nuts scattered upon the soil. She glances at them, idly curious, before refusing to participate in dinner. Rather than eat, she turns herself back towards the fish cloaked beneath the water’s veil. It was true that these… things often called for strange actions, but she doubted the wisdom of eating what she hadn’t eaten before just because others were.

She waits.

image credits

OOC: Has the genetic mutation to bond to two companions.
Wishlist: Link. Dragon with Toxic Breath.

Refusals:
Common SS
Royal SS

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions

Dacianna Posts: 55
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 4 Y/O HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
imi
Oh the Queen of peace always does her best to please,
But is it any use? Somebody's gotta lose.

---x---

Dacianna trekked northwards, away from the furnace in the veins in search of greenery and waterfalls. Her mission from Tembovu was still horribly incomplete and her next destination was the Hidden Falls, the half waypoint and the only area she sort of knew the vicinity of which it sat (from a chance meeting with Cirrus). Her footsteps echoed through the woodland, the Moon’s potion still doing a good job of making sure she was heard in every direction and Dacianna was constantly paranoid about it. What if a mountain lion heard? Her feet were finally silent during the night, but instead it was replaced with her coat shining like a massive sign “here! Come eat me!” The gold touched roan, however, was stubborn to the bone and refused to think she couldn’t handle the task. She could and she would. At least, that’s what she kept telling herself.

The landscape changed as she travelled and one day she found herself in woodland that blushed a glorious red. Even the water was coloured with merlot and tempted the eyes forever deeper into its depths. She is saved from falling foul of its trickery, however, by the chattering and splashing nearby.

She counts nine by the riverside, nine horses and Dacianna panics for a moment. Had she stumbled into some secret meeting? It wasn’t like she could stumble into anything anymore either, her feet made her sound like a giant and her voice could never reach a whisper. She couldn’t even eavesdrop that well and so she bit the bullet, loudly clopping over to see what was so interesting.

A fish! A fish that guarded something.

The Philosopher watched the others, some who curiously ate what looked like hazelnuts scattered across the floor and asked after the egg that the salmon guarded.

Dacianna frowned.

Why were there nine horses all hovering over an egg? Was this some strange Helovian custom she had yet to learn? What was an egg to a horse? A ball? Was it a game? The questions went on. She was a little reluctant to add her own voice to the crowd, unsure what a horse could do for a salmon or an egg for that matter.

She leant down and sniffed the nuts scattered on the ground before her gaze returned to the salmon questionably. "Does your sleeping babe eat hazelnuts?" she asked, completely confused by the entire situation.

Seeking: Griffin :: Ice Blade
wishlist
No Prior Refusals.
I'd like to use one extra votg roll from my prize list please! :)
art credit
Don't let the curtain catch you, cause you've been here before,
The chair is an island darling, you can't touch the floor
--------------------------
force permitted / please tag me

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki

I knew that I wasn't supposed to leave mother.  I didn't mean to leave. And to be perfectly honest, I wasn't entirely sure where I was, but I thought I knew enough to get myself back home.  There were just so many new things to see and to follow now that the world wasn't so cold.  It was always cold in the place that mother and the others called home, but not quite as cold as the day that we had all first arrived. Back then the snow had blown in thick drifts and it was easy to get stuck. I wasn't sure why mother had taken us up into the mountains until she had shown us the caves and the springs and all the other things that had been hidden away.  It seemed that there was magic hiding everywhere if you went looking for it! I stumbled through the trees almost gracefully, following after the lynx, and couldn't believe how different this place looked from home.

I wondered if mother and brother were worried about me. I frowned, and looked back over my shoulders at the mountains that I knew meant home.  I could still see them which meant I could still find my way back.  So I looked back at the reason I had come so far away. The lynx and her babies.  We'd been playing all morning, and when brother had grown tired the baby cats had been more than willing to play!  I just hadn't realized how far we'd gone until the snow wasn't so deep around my baby-legs and the trees started to grow thick and soon all of everything was painted in colors I'd never seen before.  How was I possibly supposed to turn back now? I'd found a new magical place! Maybe if I brought back some of the colors for mother and Virga they wouldn't be so upset that I went off and had an adventure without them. 

I followed after the baby-lynx until the mother-lynx cried out and disappeared, effectively ending our game.  I let out a frustrated huff before craning my head around to find what it was that had startled the mother-lynx. I was surprised to find it was quite a large gathering of other equines - sort of like the group that had welcomed us home! However, I did recognize any familiar faces.  There seemed to be all sorts of people gathered around, so with no hesitation at all, I bounded over to the group much more confident in my ability to stop and go on command now. Realizing that the group was growing much larger then they seemed much more quickly than I thought, I struggled to stop.  The slick stones did not provide much purchase for baby hooves so with little grace I tumbled head over foot, landing with an oof and a giggle at the edge of the pond - staring out at the fish and egg in a rather prone position with rather wide eyes, unaware of the scene I likely caused. 

"Oh, Fish!" I murmured, happily - quite enraptured, "Hi! I then looked up at the others, finally feeling somewhat abashed before echoing the only practiced greeting I knew for the impressive group that had gathered here. "Hi!"

V E S P E R
image credit

Seeking Roc Zephyr
Wishlist
No prior refusals
I'd like to use 1 of my VOTG rolls :)

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit

Kvasir Posts: 25
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 2 years
Adoptable

I left mom again. She is preoccupied with whatever bothers her. It's okay though. I like adventuring (Wonder if mom and pa did too?) and I have found myself a most interesting place! Now, I have actually been here before, but not this far down. I was by the falls last time. But the river still ran a blood red, and I still found it fascinating.

Ah, but I wandered from the bloody river, only to find a pond, surrounded by a mass of creatures. I move closer, my head dipping, and tilting, a soft snort coming from my nostrils. I wade through the edges of the water, and each person has something to say. But I am unconcerned. I am fascinated with the egg that a... That a salmon guarded? My eyes where wide as I pushed my way through to look, a soft coo coming out of my maw.

My eyes turn to look at a pretty mare asking about the hazelnuts and I just need to investigate. My nose lowers as I move towards them, sniffing the hazelnuts. Oh they smell delicious. My head lifts to look at the salmon guardian. "Can I try one? They smell so yummy!"

I was talking to a salmon who guarded a egg, surrounded by winged and horned and those without, and I wanted to try some hazel nuts... It was a strange day indeed.

"Talk."

Kvasir
mama, just killed a man
put a gun against his head
pulled my trigger, now he's dead
mama, life had just begun
but now i've gone and thrown it all away
mama, ooo
didn't mean to make you cry

Notes:
[color=#000000][size=x-small][font=monospace]

Seeking a common Rougarou with shadow magic.
No prior refusals.
http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=22882 <-Wishlist
[Image: 56a07107f15a9]

Aelin Posts: 67
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15 :: 2
Frostie

Aelin

So many others had gathered, and upon seeing this Aelin's interest peaked. She circled above for a few turns then began to descend, a few meters back from the group. Slowly she made her way over those who had gathered, only twice before had she seen such an odd group gathered. Eyeing each individual she recognised a few she'd met in her travels. Coming to stand beside a young colt with both a horn and wings. The bloody waters hadn't deterred her because she'd visited her before, she knew it was only a reflection of the rocks. In fact the girl eyes the young battered boy she'd met among this waters when he'd risked his life for a stupid prise. Will a roll of her eyes she moved closer to see what they were all looking at.

...was that a fish?

The girl's eyes grew wide as she stared down at the creature. It certainly wasn't behaving like a fish should. Didn't they have some fishy instinct to stay hidden under the surface? Sure, her body blended in to the bloody waters but she'd obviously been seen often enough enough to attract a crowd as large as this one. Aelin's eyes studied the curing body of scales, it was cradling a nest. Now it made sense, everyone was here for the prize. The poor unborn creature inside the egg had no idea how many horses were about to be placing a claim on it. Discussing why they deserved it...the idea made her sick. Yet...it wasn't all bad she supposed, after all Hawke adored and cared for Hades. Perhaps this creature inside the egg would also have a bright and loving future ahead of it. The girl studied the large, ugly shell. Amusement painted her features.

The fish was chewing on something. Aelin peered closer at the water and saw the hazelnuts. Well, she wasn't sure if that was an odd thing for a fish to eat or normal. So she stood by silently, watching the fish eat each of the nuts before turing to look at those who had gathered. "This could be rather interesting." Her whispered words were intended for anyone, mostly she felt the need to break her silence.

Underneath the starry skies, 
A single dreamer walks among the dull colours.
Before her there is nothing but dark and dull colours,
Behind her is there is the true colours of dreams.
Every colour imaginable vivid with life. 

[ Zephyr/Phoenix | a flame-feathered bird that will burn all except its bonded. ]
Previous Refusals : One
Wishlist
I guess jealousy's the curse that the struggle inspires.

☀ Force and magic permitted. ☀
☀ No fatal or permanent damage. ☀
☀ Please only tag in opening posts. ☀

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Random Event

The salmon slapped her red fins happily in response to Aisling and Draevo’s greetings, appreciating the way that they referred to her as a mother. Well, she would be, as Aisling pointed out, if she had the time to go care for eggs of her own species - not babysit this one so carelessly dropped by the corner of this pond! When the young colt and his pup come bounding up and he asks a question, this queen of salmons rolled slightly in what might just be a fish way of shrugging shoulders. “Cods only know! That’s why I’m looking for a new keeper for it.”

Others come, the young skull-marked Kid and the blue Erebos asking how they could help. “You’ll see.” She grins - and salmons, with their pointy teeth and faces, have the most glorious of grins - before her beady eyes look to the others that were coming forward. More and more! Some enjoy the snacks that the salmon left out for them and she blows bubbles in the water happily each time one of them does - and  her tail flicking in the water when they don’t.

Only one actually voiced confusion over the snack and the salmon focused her black eyes on Dacianna. “What? Oh, I don’t know. But I eat them! They’re good for the brainpower.” Maybe if the mare tried them she wouldn’t be so confused all the time! After her, a friendly little filly showed up and it seemed like the salmon had gathered a good group together.

“Whale now!! You Helovians never fail to show up in droves! Love the competition, do you? Good! Good!” Contests were so boring if there weren’t enough entries! “Let’s see how you do. Most of you played along and ate the hazelnuts of knowledge I left out but it's not too late! I’ll let those snobs who didn’t before have one more chance.” Their pea-sized horse brains could need all the boost they could get! Then again, they might not affect horses at all… maybe they only give salmon extra special powers of knowledge. But it couldn’t hurt, right? Probably? The information on whether hazelnuts actually did grant powers (and whether they were poisonous to other animals) must have been contained in one of the nuts she didn’t eat from the pond.

“We’re going to play a game.” The salmon slapped her tail against the surface of water, taking delight in the attentive faces around her, as eager as she was to get this over with. “Of the three following statements, which one do you think is actually true?”

This egg didn’t need the strongest one of them to look after them, or even the smartest. It needed the luckiest. That’s what parenthood was all about - a little bit of hard work and a little bit of luck mixed together to make sure you get a decent child out of the whole thing.

A loud clearing of her throat just to make sure everyone was paying attention and then:
“a) The average airspeed velocity of an unladen griffin is 75 km/hr (47 miles/hr).”
“b) You’ll never find a rougarou that can turn into a proboscis monkey because that is the only animal they truly fear.”
“Or c) Green eyes are seen as unlucky in dragon offspring and those born with them rarely live to adulthood.”

Which one will they chose?

------

Kvasir and Aelin posted after the 72 hour mark and are disqualified

You have 72 hours to reply to this round - have your character choose which one of the statements they think is true

photo

Milo Posts: 60
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 2 years [Birdsong]
Jen

Milo

You left and I never came back

Eventually, the chatter quiets. There is only the bubbling of the water and a perfect moment of respite saving me from the tension of such a large crowd. I'm neither used to nor comfortable in such largely social situations, which is just one of the reasons I stay in the water.

When the salmon speaks, however, I find myself confronted once again, and this time by something different: knowledge. Not only that, but specifically knowledge that is beyond my reach. Having met only a few dragons and never having heard of the other two creatures let alone having seen them, I find myself at an immediate disadvantage.

Oh, and then there's that whole problem of not being able to even speak enough to answer.

It's humbling and disappointing all at once. So long I've considered myself to have some sort of great knowledge at the world, but apparently all it takes is for one fish to have more and suddenly I'm proven wrong. What do I really know, aside from the tragedy of my own life? And if I know so little, why haven't I considered that I'm wrong?

Tentatively I move closer to the salmon, not seeking her prize but wishing I could encounter her more closely. Who is the creature that it's so wise, when all other fish I've encounter have been as mute as I? Some distant and much more fish-like relative of Aquila's, perhaps? I find myself wanting to ask what Kahelo means, I find myself parting my lips as I move closer. I cannot answer the question, I am not so stupid as to feign knowledge of an answer and guessing seems pointless, but I want to speak.

I want to, I do... but when I open my mouth only silence comes out once again.

image credits

Action: Milo does not know enough about companions and can't speak, so is not able to answer. He moves closer to the salmon and tries to speak to ask a question but fails.
Seeking: Dragon, fire breath
Priors: 1

Erebos Posts: 474
Aurora Basin General atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 75.5 | Buff: DANCE
Orsino :: Plain Kitsune :: Dark Illusions & Enyo :: Common Griffon :: Draining Clutch Heather

The droves kept coming, all enticed, all allured, all attracted to the flicker of notions, sentiments, and sensations - the egg - because somehow they all knew. There, resting beneath the shell and lacquer, was another piece of power, of connections, of brutality or innocence, of ministrations or well-wishes, of dreams or grandeur. He might have recognized a few rolling in towards the pool in their beguilement, flicking his ear once or twice to catch sounds and spirits, but they were otherwise more unknown portions of larger puzzles – herds and factions and empires he’d likely waltzed within but never glimpsing upon these particular faces.

His attention, brief and skewed as it was, flickered restlessly back to the fish he’d offered to help (some part gallantry, other parts greed and avarice), listening as she suddenly spouted out layers of speech. The prince took the hint to eat one of the hazelnuts resting by his feet, not quite understanding how a single sliver of food was going to incense, kindle, or increase his knowledge, but he was willing, chewing on the essence, fruit, of sagacity while puzzling over the rest of the phrases and words.

We’re going to play a game, and here he knew, as his mind began churning, they were going to be separated out, challenged, tested, for the right to claim the precious oval, orb, suspended amidst the pond – he’d dove into these diversions and amusements before, had succeeded, had lost, had bent his head in disappointment and continued to try and try and try again until Orsino, until magic, until power had been his.

But there wasn’t going to be a provocation of battles, of twisting and turning and devouring one’s opponent, or cooking something for an enormous bird. Instead, the fish proclaimed that they had to guess. They were to have a trial of luck.

He nearly frowned. Serendipity had never been one of his strong suits.

The prince listened too, taking in the bits and pieces of information, attempting to decide which held a matter, a kernel, of truth, and which had to be false claims. He knew absolutely nothing about this strange rougarou mentioned, had seen dragons flying, winged, scaly things bristling about the horizon, but never noticed if their eyes had been green, and had only recently met a griffin. He’d liked their wings, however, their nobility, their stature, the regal way in which they possessed predatory instinct – eager, fervent, willing to annihilate with massive talons and brutal claws. An answer almost flew out of his mouth, wild and audacious, bold and brazen, giving no other forethought to the mission, when a younger boy sidled forth, silent even as his jaws parted. He leaned towards the child, whispering against his ear, “Maybe you can paw your choice,” he smiled, digging into the ground with one hoof to indicate his meaning. Thereafter, he directed his attention back to the fish, indicating his decision through loyalty to feline-like birds and a yearning to succeed. “I believe the first statement is true.”

Wishlist - Seeking Griffin with Draining Clutch
- No prior refusals
- Has ability to bond to two companions
- Would like to use 1 one of my VOTG rolls. <3

Image Credits

Kid Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Equine :: 15hh :: 3 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
"I'll let them know what bad means."
The expanding crowd grows ever larger, collecting the masses from strangers to familiars to family alike— unfortunately for me, an unfamiliar stallion approaches, red roaned and bulky in a way I'm only newly familiar with (Volterra, a similar mass of a grandfather I've never met). We share blood (unknowingly), his bold question passing through one ear and out of the other as he approaches, ears twitching as I train my bubblegum gaze on the salmon rather than him— whoever he was, he had no right to question my bloodlines when he hadn't even offered an introduction himself (really, doesn't he know what manners are? I'm not going to confess to my ties to a complete stranger). The unknown stallion is brushed aside as I spy Nymeria, ears pricking in hopes she'll notice me and come my way— dismayed that she lingers so far away (I want to call for her).

I suppose it's understandable that this kind of competition forms temporary divides between blood, forcing families to compete for the favour of a precious and spectacular item. As much as I wanted to as much as I loved her, I understood slowly but surely why she stood so far, why she chose to keep her distance. We were not a team, not a teacher and pupil— we were rivals in this moment. Being treated as anything but was unsuitable in this situation, my eyes falling to the ground rather than resting on Nym's reflected features. I struggled to understand why she dared not eat one of the hazelnuts we were presented (was I not supposed to eat them?)— my teeth worry my lower lip as I stress over whether I'd made the right choice or failed miserably and would be turned away shamefully.

Three statements are presented, a. b. and c.— which of the three are true I do not know (these are not questions I would think to ask Mother, companions are not yet a relevant topic of discussion). We're to take a gander, to take a lucky guess at which of the three statements is true— my mind plays with each option carefully, picking them apart to analyse them as I see fit (paying attention to detail is a skill I've already begun to master).

Statements are usually fact, lest they be spoken by someone unknowing of their falsity. Did this salmon know which was the correct answer? My eyes linger on the aquatic creature before dragging over to Nymeria, wondering if she was mulling over the question as well, praying for a miracle. I look back down into the water, heaving a great sigh as my mind cannot settle on which answer to choose. What makes the most sense to me? Which seems the most plausible? I bite at my lip (it's going to bleed soon I know it), stressing over the proper answer. Already someone has spoken out about the first statement (a.), and received no response. The fish must be waiting for us all to cast in our answers, my eyes flickering among the faces in the crowd and wondering if anyone else was stumped or if there was one of those assholes who knew which statement was true but was going to wait last minute before saying it.

I decide (with little confidence for once in my short life) my answer, hoping that fate allowed me to be the lucky winner. But before I share my answer, a question rolls from my tongue as I stare down into the reflective pool. "But what if all are true? Or none at all? For you say which statement do we think is true." I talk directly at the fish, staring into the weirdly intelligent black eyes of the salmon while my voice was lost in the silence of the group, shifting my weight back and forth as I waited another few heartbeats.

"If I must choose one however, I choose C." And that was that, I'd sealed my fate.

"Talk."

seeking red dragon w/ fire breath
kid chooses statement C
using x2 of my votg rolls
kid
the boy king
image credits

made by reli

tag me in everything

Draevo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The call of Thunder

More come to the gathering and the stallion takes his time to properly look each one over, maybe some from the throat would show up? Who knew, he'd flown north by himself, who was to say anymore of the throaters had business this far towards the snow capped mountains. His thoughts are expressed with a shrug of his sloping shoulder and another large breath escaping his thick nostrils.

His thought's are broken by a buckskin and green stallion who approaches him, he recognizes the scent of home on the younger stud, and his wings spread in a warm greeting. "M'ath, lajak." Draevo fell silent after that, it seemed that the fish had something to say.

He might've bellowed a roaring laugh, if the fate of a small creature didn't hang in the balance.

The mother fish spoke and his ears pressed forward, there are a lot of words that he struggles to follow. Though his time in the throat has improved his capability to follow the common tongue for extended periods of time. Sometimes? It's just too much, his ears want to flatten and his hind leg wishes to stamp against the dirt in frustration. He refrained and is rewarded in the end by the fish declaring she wants to play a game. A game? that is something he can at least agree to and follow.

A pity then, that it's announced as a game of intelligence and wit. Now, he's not a stallion devoid of a brain, his skills are not cunning or those that a spider would deploy to catch a fly, there is intelligence in warfare, in honing the body and knowing your enemy.

But language barriers and his lack of knowledge within Helovia sets him at an obvious disadvantage, lightning hued eyes traveled momentarily to his herd brother beside him. Did he know the answer to the mother fish's question?

The first one seems factual, something he might buy. The latter two raise an invisible eyebrow to them, why would a dragon with green eyes die? and why would something magical fear a monkey? Draevo wracks his brain as much as he can, annoyance pinching his brow. Could a fish be capable of duplicity? masking the correct answer as something silly, or did it's mumbled words about brain power hold truth?

Wings shrug against his sides, as he makes his decision.

"Draevo think first correct."

the unrelenting fury of the storms
Art Credit

SEEKING :: [SS :: Common :: Wakiya]
WISHLIST :: LE CLICK
No prior refusals.

Draevo chooses answer A.

Brendan Posts: 31
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: Two Years (Orangemoon Born) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Arwen :: Plain Hellhound :: Acid Emily

BRENDAN
HARDSHIP OFTEN PREPARES AN ORDINARY PERSON FOR AN EXTRAORDINARY DESTINY

More came. Still more came. How many lives were dying to be intertwined with another soul? Each of us I am sure hoped we would walk away with the egg as our own. Arwen stirs under me. It would be nice for her to have a sibling of sorts. As they all file in, a few also eat the hazelnuts and some opt not to. However the huge fish mother speaks to me, in answer to my question. “Cods only know! That’s why I’m looking for a new keeper for it.” My eyes light up slightly, knowing the seriousness of this. Whoever was chosen would be bonded to that life forever. Just as I was now bonded to Arwen for life.

Others came and spoke, and the mother fish answered then as well. It was not until a large group had gathered that the mother fish got everyone's attention all at once. “We’re going to play a game.” My eyes narrowed. A game? A game would decide the precious egg's fate? I hope she knows what she is doing. We are given three choices, and asked to pick the one that is true. I would need all the luck I could get to be chosen. I take each one, thinking them over. I am young, but like to think I am wise for my age. The first one, A. The average airspeed velocity of an unladen griffin is 75 km/hr (47 miles/hr).... I do not know much of griffins. The next one, B. You’ll never find a rougarou that can turn into a proboscis monkey because that is the only animal they truly fear. I look to Arwen. Did all of our companions have one animal they fear more than any other? So far, she has been nothing but curious and full of energy. The last, C. Green eyes are seen as unlucky in dragon offspring and those born with them rarely live to adulthood. The short times i've seen and spent time with Father, he spoke of the dragons his mother had known. Her mother, which would make her my great grandmother was bonded to a brown dragon with green eyes. So that one can not be true. "I feel that the only logical answer, would be A." I hope that I am right. I would hate to be eliminated this early on.

"Talk"

Brendan can bond to two companions
Wants: Dragon | Frost Breath
Wishlist
Prior Refusals: None
I'd also like to add that I would like to use a VOTG roll from my prize list.