the Rift

Memories of Calypso

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

You have 72 hours to respond and the 250 word limit does not apply- these should be rapid thoughts (100-200 words)!
Admin note: armor

Your father's body stood before you now, a handsome warlord with fatal wounds. His eyes stared from beyond the grave, stepping forward with all his earthly confidence. He opened his mouth but no words came out. Instead, he faded, the winds swirling around his body and leaving naught but braided strands of his mane and the dark, proud antlers which once rested upon his brow.

Nestled in the water were remainders of his life, waiting to be touched and followed and waiting for a response. Could you walk along this path? Could you face the darkness of your past - watch them die again so that you could live?

Image Credits

@Calypso

Calypso Posts: 29
Outcast atk: 7.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Three Years (Ages in FrostFall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Daenerys :: Royal Cerndyr :: Starpast & Lamplight Emily
C
A
L
Y
P
S
O

I almost do not believe what I see before me. If it was not for Dae's presence in my mind, I would of thought this one horrible nightmare. My Father stands before me, his gaze haunting and otherworldly. I shiver slightly under it. Daddy. I whisper softly. Even in death, his confidence seemed to sooth my fears. He was always the strong one, the protector. I guess that is kind of fitting, being that he was a warlord and all.

He opens his mouth as if to speak to me, but nothing comes out. Instead the winds swirl around him until nothing is left but some of his braided mane and his antlers. Oh how did his antlers get here?! The last place I had seen them... I shudder again. However I move forward anyway. My Father's feeling of confidence urging me on. Or it could be the fact that Dae is at my side nosing me to go forward. As if to follow. But what are we following, and where is it taking me?

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Image Credit

@Random Event - wasn't sure if we are supposed to tag you or not
So excited!
[Image: 5572cb03a0a6c]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

You have 72 hours to respond and the 250 word limit does not apply- these should be rapid thoughts (100-200 words)!
Admin note: armor

The scenery dances and shimmers as your hooves disturb the brine. The heat bends into shadow and murk, the sands shift into fallen needles and ancient trees, the sunlight fades into fog and despair.

You're walking down the path that saved you that fateful day. It doesn't appear out of the ordinary, ever just a dash through the woods, adrenaline finding a way that never before existed in the thickets, but you will recall it, because to you it is significant, to you it is a way among the wayward. The difference is, you're going the opposite way this time.

The wind shuffles around you, foreboding, yet, enticing. It's haunting, arguably returning to the graves of your parents, somewhere here amid the soil and the dead leaves. Do you stop to search for them, to remember the night and the fallen guardians, or do you press back through the path, back towards what you fled?

Image Credits

@Calypso

Calypso Posts: 29
Outcast atk: 7.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Three Years (Ages in FrostFall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Daenerys :: Royal Cerndyr :: Starpast & Lamplight Emily
C
A
L
Y
P
S
O

The sight of the path I had fled down that day was a shock. An unwanted and unwelcome shock to my memory and system. Together Dae and I keep going, because I know my parents do not lie with their bodies. No, they are with the Gods above instead. Instead we move forward, closer to the place we had run from oh so many months before. Back down toward the palace, my first home. My childhood, my naivety. I had really known so much, and yet so little at the same time.

Dae bleats softly at my side. I don't think she can see what i'm seeing. If she can, she is trying to let me make my own choices without her help. Which lucky for her I am doing just fine at doing just that.

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Image Credit
[Image: 5572cb03a0a6c]