the Rift

Memories of Lyanna

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

You have 72 hours to respond and the 250 word limit does not apply- these should be rapid thoughts (100-200 words)!

It's what your brother wanted, but is it what you want?

A figure approaches from the distance bearing the exact resemblance of your sibling. He watches with bright eyes, a familiar expression on his face. The same no-nonsense attitude exudes from him, and he says a word he has said a thousand times over. "Again!" He wants to fight - wants you to prove that you can still defend yourself after your time apart.

Can you?

Are you strong enough?

Or do you even want to. You could choose now to not fight. He could be real or an apparition. If you fight back, are you telling him that you are ready for war? That you've followed the path he wanted all along, or are you prepared to make a diplomatic stand - one that ensures you can walk your own path through this winding world?

Image Credits

@Lyanna

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

It can’t be. It can’t, but it is. Corbin. I know that face anywhere, that glimmer in his eyes, that smile. Maybe it’s a figment of my imagination, plucked from my head by the shadows. Because it can’t be him. Can’t be his voice that calls for me to fight, can’t be his teal eyes or his buckskin coat. He’s dead. They slit his throat.

Still, I want it to be him. Need it to be him. It’s not, I know it’s not. But I step forward anyway, ready to heed his command. Then I hesitate. I don’t know how to fight without the wind. I am nothing without the wind.

Am I strong enough to fight as just myself? Am I strong enough to move past everything I was in my last life?  

Yes. Even without the wind. Even without him. Without a word, I nod, and launch into a rear. Not for war, not for him, but because I am strong enough. Because I will prove it. 

watch how i soar.

lyanna

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

You have 72 hours to respond and the 250 word limit does not apply- these should be rapid thoughts (100-200 words)!
Admin note: wind, defensive, helpful

A grin meets her rear, full of that same pride he awarded her last time they had met. Corbin, or rather, what appears to be Corbin, matches her rear with his own. His feet fire out to clash with hers, and it will feel real enough.

As he moves, fire erupts near her feet, wreathing them in a circle of war, of memory, of heat and smoke and threat of pain. Isn't that what the past is after all?

"What happened sister?" he asks, not giving away what he means, and as always there is a threat of lecture matched with a charismatic gleam.

Image Credits

@Lyanna

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

It’s been too long since I’ve seen that grin, and I nearly forget myself. But his feet crash into my chest, reminding me. I lash out again – focus, Lyanna - before my feet hit the ground.

The heat hits first. It always did. Searing heat, roaring flames, and flickering reds. In that order. Without thinking, I call to the wind, wanting to fan the flames. I’ve forgotten this isn’t real. 

The wind doesn’t come. Of course it doesn’t. Instead, his voice cuts above the roar.
What happened sister? I go still, his question ringing in my ears. And then I lunge forward, teeth snapping at his neck. "You left,"  I hiss through biting teeth. "You didn’t come back."

Such a child, Lyanna. But I don’t stop. I kick and bite and somewhere, I think I start crying. Until there is nothing left of me to fight with. Until I’m standing still in the middle of the flames without caring if they burn me. My whole life had burned. What good was it to pretend otherwise?

“I lost everything. You promised me. And you didn’t come back.”

watch how i soar.

lyanna

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki