[PRIVATE] Hold Still So I Can Taste Your Sin

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

Knox
          We didn't know we knew you 'til we lost you
</style>

The hunter has done his best to choose targets that walked alone, but Archibald's word is God's in this herd, and so now he has to change his tactic.

Isn't it better to have someone with a companion, after all? He tries to reason, and finds that if he is able to separate himself from his emotions that it's quite an easy thing to do. Another mouth to feed, maybe, but a predator's mouth that kills other creatures that might gnaw on the greenery meant for the herd. Another set of teeth that can snap on an enemy's neck. Another body that can strike another, another force that can cripple. Another one on their side, maybe.

Maybe. And still, the hunter tells himself it all makes sense.

He comes cloaked and in the night, approaching from behind and in Anaan's greying roan form. His great grandfather walks with a heavy tread but the cloak silences every sound, hides him entirely from view. It is as if he is nothing until his magic darts out from the shadows like a snake, blinding the furry monster, and perhaps confusing the bond between him and his counterpart.

Knox is starting to forget how strong that tether is, between bonded and self. He doesn't know if the magic that harmed him in the past harmed her; all he knows is that now, he's left alone to bear all pain.

Impatient and unsure but good enough at following orders, Knox drops his cloak to reveal Anaan's body of burn scars and kindness. He walks briskly forth, ignoring the companion entirely and brushing his side against the strange unicorn's. His voice is a whisper, the touch of his body the only guide.

"Follow me," he murmurs, angling his ancestor's face up to catch the ear of the behemoth. Perhaps this is one of his most risky captures, and yet... he has succeeded. He can take enough pride in that.

And then they are off, through brambles that snag the silken mane of the protector and fruitlessly try to cut the scarred flesh on his legs and chest that burns have left black and impenetrable.

--

When they arrive at the Hidden Falls, dawn is peeking through the trees and sending a shimmer through the mist that rises from the falls. Knox is not of a mind to consider the scene beautiful, but it is. Objectively, undeniably, it is beautiful.

He pulls his magic from the eyes of the captive and moves to stand before him, Anaan's silvery coat shining in cold patches with the rise of the day.

"Do not be afraid, I am not going to hurt you," the hunter speaks in a kinder voice, an older one. "My name is Anaan, and this is the Hidden Falls."

And so, once again, it begins.

Credit

Beowulf Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18Hh :: 8 winters HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mykah :: Canadian Lynx :: None Eaglecry
He stood, silently, waiting. A dead man standing. 
It had all happened way too quickly for him to even shred a note of reaction. One moment the forest was all laid out in front of him, Mykah not a heartbeat away when his vision vanished. He did not know of any accidents prior for this to be happening, He did not understand why, out of the blue, that this was befallen upon him. What had he done to deserve such a curse. 
Mykah gently called for him, a call of distress as she could sense the fear emanating from within him, whether or not the Beast could feel it, it was there plain as day. 
Her soft calling sent an ache through his heart, that feeling goosebumps give when they appear upon your skin. He couldn't see her, he couldn't get to her in fear of falling. If he went down there would be no telling if he'd be able to get himself back up;With being in his weakened state. A soft nicker escaped from bearded lips, a calling to let her know he was still here, still somewhat alive. Even his calling came weak and in despair. Whatever was happening to him must be some god awful trick. why had the gods picked on him today.

He froze, like the lands where he dwell. Well and truly frozen. Something, or someone brushed up against is size. They must have been somewhat at his height level for where their touch had grazed. His skin crawled with the sensation, muscles twitched and contracted as he tried not to flinch and shy away. To show weakness was to show fear. He never truly did understand that until this very moment. He wasn't built for fighting, but he sure was good at taking the blows and defending himself. If they wanted a fight, they would be very disappointed. But why blind them first? Surely that was cheating. 
Mykah hissed and growled from where she may be, a warning sign towards them both. Possibly having sensed his utmost fear and hearing his thoughts, she had now come to understand; potentially more so than himself. what was happening hear. 

Words burnt the flesh of his ear, its putrid, hot breath caused the blue mans audits to lay back, flush against his neck as if he were trying to block him out. He did not listen, he did not want to follow. He did not want to be taken by this sick creature. But something pulled on him, Like a tether wrapped around his throat. He went, without so much of a fuss, what else could he have done? Well if he had had all his energy he possibly could have just as easily barreled them down, using his brute force as a weapon. 

----

It felt like a forever until they finally came to a stop. Having felt the pressure be relived he managed to stop without so bumping into (whom ever it was) them. It was then his vision was restored, a slight shimmer of euphoria briefly entered his stream, but it was soon engulfed within hatred. 
The light that suddenly filled his vision was of nothing to the man. Having grown up in a land of vast white plains, his eye's had grown accustomed to harsh light. Dealing quickly with the moment at hand. And there stood in front of him all proud and happy looking was this guy. Steam would have come out of his ears if it were so do-able. 
Do. Not. Be. Afraid He snapped, something inside of him snapped at his words. Mykah hid behind the mass of fur, not liking the feelings coming from her bonded. The last time he got this angry it had been at her for attacking another. But it was a birdy and she liked to eats them. 

"First of all.." He took a step closer "You blind me!" He shouted towards them and took another step closer. "Then you have the audacity to tell me not to be Afraid!" He snorted in derision, so confused on what was going on, the emotions boiling inside him becoming all too much for him. And it was as if Mykah sensed this as she did that thing where she rubbed up against him, it calmed him. Brought his thoughts back to Earth and; as you might say, reset his clocks. 
"You need to learn your manners child. For all you could have done was ask me, without the stupid tricks and i would have followed you" His voice was more calm this time, back to his rather deep authoritative, but kind and gentlemanly ways.
"Now pray tell, what am i doing here?" Was all he asked As Mykah crept forwards underneath his legs.

OOC:: OMgosh i am so sorry this took me so long. But i feel it was worth the wait <3

Beowulf
Love tames the benumbed Beast

@knox
[Image: beoicon_by_eagle_cry_designs-da14rlt.png][Image: 53377b251b35e]
*Please tag me in all posts. *Permission granted to cause bodily harm, use magic ect upon me. With the exception of death

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

Knox
          We didn't know we knew you 'til we lost you
</style>

Knox isn't exactly accustomed to being called child. Luckily for the captive, Anaan is one of the kinder ancestors. Wheareas Knox might take wild offense and lash out in more ways than one, the burned but silver beast is willing to take his lumps.

After all, it makes sense that this massive beast would decide to lash out. He's been tricked and blinded, led here to an unfamiliar territory. Even his companion was threatened, and Knox knows very well the feelings that an endangered companion can stir within one's self. There's a shimmering pang as he remembers his loss—Manhattan's absence. But it's not something he can dwell on, not now with this stallion practically screaming at him.

Though Knox would act quicker, bully him back off the border and chase him into the wilds, his calmer ancestors dull his instinctive anger. Archibald's orders ring like a broken and particularly annoying record, and he remembers exactly what it is that he's here for. The wait is a smart one, too, and it yields results. Since he doesn't interrupt the larger, hairier beast, Knox is able to hear a more calm side of his captive.

A smile, more welcoming than wicked due to Anaan's fatherly influence, breaks out across his features. "My apologies," Knox says disingenuously but with the appearance of all honesty. "Sometimes the scars... scare people off. I thought you'd be more likely to hear me out this way."

He paused then. You know, for dramatic effect. Anaan's trauma was real, but it was something Knox was happy to exploit if it would elicit some sympathy in this other stallion.

"I am Anaan, and these are the Hidden Falls. I brought you here at the command of Archibald the Dauntless, Czar of these lands. We would like to extend an offer that you, well..." another pause, but this one more thoughtful. The smile that had faded when he'd mentioned his scars returns. "We'd like it if you'd join us here, in this herd."

And when he says this his eyes light up and his roman head, much like his captive's, turns up to look at the surrounding nature: the trees, the falls, and the overwhelming beauty of the trees. When he settles his gaze back upon the stallion and his companion, his expression is warm and his stance is broad and open, as if to say this can all be yours.

Credit

@Beowulf!