the Rift

[PRIVATE] The joker and the thief

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki
"LIFE'S TOO SHORT FOR BULLSHIT." - N. CAMPBELL

Iona half expected to feel older come the onset of Birdsong. Not only because Frostfall had seemed to drag on for an utter eternity, but because Birdsong marked the season of her birth. Ten years since she and her sister had been born.  Nearly just over nine years since the sisters had been forced to set out on their own.  Iona had made a habit of not looking back, unless you counted the fact that the painted mare constantly looked over her shoulder to prevent being caught off guard. She tried very hard not to dwell on the past and the demons (both literal and figurative) that lingered there.  But seeing her sister troubled had caused the mare to reflect on some demons that she had long since put to rest. Iona suspected that in a short amount of time she’d already become too comfortable here.  She’d let her guard down too much.  Alysanne had reminded her of the unpredictability associated with this place – with life in general – and Iona was ready to heed the warning in the back of her mind.

This is what led her to seek out Raeden in the late morning hours.  Iona felt confident upon meeting the unicorn mare that she would have completed the task set out for her, and perhaps others along the way.  The fact that Raeden had been both present and eager had been encouraging in the absence of the others.  The painted pegasus certainly admired the other mare’s drive to succeed. The fog had begun to burn away as the sun rose higher – forcing the moon’s mists away from the trees and the cliffs.

It would have been much more efficient for Iona to have searched for Raeden from above, but the mists would have made such a task near impossible.  Perhaps in another hour, but Iona would rather be busy now than simply wait around for the fog to clear.  Instead, the pegasus kept her wings tucked closely to her sides and wove her way through the trees searching for the pale sleuth and her companion.

Sure enough, Iona located the unicorn mare before the mist had receded from the treetops, and she called out as she caught sight of the pair.  “Raeden!” Iona called to the mare, dipping her head in greeting. “I trust your travels have been…productive?” Iona asked, casually inviting the other mare to tell her about her recent exploits.  

I O N A
image credit

@Raeden

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy

RAEDEN
but what is love without lust

Her slender body moved through the fog drenched world of Edge. Teal eyes shifted over the lands as her body came to a halt under a large tree. Tin came to a stand still next to the pale mare. His small hooves stood tall and proud next to the mare. He knew that his bonded was doing her job well, and she was helping her herd. The Pair had come a long way since they first laid eyes on each other. Both had grown up and learned to not be so selfish. Light tresses picked up in the small breeze of the Edge as the Fog finally started to fade away in the morning rays of the sun. Her eyes scanned the lands as a figure soon was apparent. Wings hung low to the creatures side and her crowned skull tilted slightly at first trying to pick out who it was. Then the voice echoed through the trees around them and the tone of Iona reached her cream ears.

Cream hooves picked up into a trot to get closer to the winged mare. As she came to a halt in front of her specter she lowered her pointed crown in a greeting to the mare. "Hello Iona how have you been?" She smiled brightly watching Tin trot up and tip his head to the mare as well. Green eyes followed her movement as he then looked back to Raeden. The question filled the air about her travels. She let a smile drift across her face as the mare finished speaking. "The trip to the Basin was not an easy one, but we made it there and back. I was not able to meet with my sister, but D' Arcy found her father. I did meet a girl by the name Ki'irha, she was the General. She seemed like she was pretty new to the position, I am thinking someone that filled the shoes last has either left the Basin or stepped down. " Her body shifted in hopes that was enough to make the mare happy with the task she came back with. It was not much information, but it was some."I was able to steal this little Ruby around my horn on the way back home. It was from an outsider so no alliance was broken " Soft tresses on her forelock shifted to the side to show the mare what she got."Then I was also able to steal a small leather bag for our Moon Doctor. I figured she could use it to keep herbs in while she traveled or picked them. That was from an outcast as well. I could not resist my self, I thought it would be wonderful for her to have and use ." She smiled softly hoping that she made Iona proud with what was accomplished since they had last met. Raeden Loved being a sleuth under Iona. She seemed like a mare that was willing to help her if needed, and Raeden would steal anyone, or anything that this mare asked her to take.

"talk talk talk"

table code by tamme

@Iona

“I’ve been well. Traveled south for a time, but nothing particularly noteworthy developed – unfortunately. I am sorry you did not get to meet your sister, though it sounds like your trip was productive.” She offered the girl a small smile, which was a large offering from the painted mare.  There were few things that Iona cared for more than family.  It was her twin that had drawn her here, and Alysanne’s loyalty had inspired her to stay and serve.  Iona couldn’t imagine being separated from her again, the separation they had already endured had been painful enough.  She hoped that Raeden would find her way to her kin soon enough.  It sounds like there had been development in the north as of late, perhaps a shakeup of their upper ranks.  It was to be expected in any herd, but good to be aware of nonetheless. “Thank you for taking D’Arcy along with you. I think we have quite a talented sneak to be in the girl.  I’m sure she appreciates the gesture as well.  Perhaps the two of us can arrange some lessons for her and the other children later in the season?”  It seemed a good idea to get the children involved, and perhaps even some of the grown who wanted to know something of their craft.

Iona’s green gaze then shifts to the ruby dancing around the pale mare’s horn. “It suits you,” Iona said with a small smirk, nodding to the gem.  “And I’m sure my sister and the other healers will appreciate the bag,” It certainly would make herb gathering easier, or taking supplies to the injured if the Gods ever decided to drag more lands and unhappy residents from another world. Iona paused for a moment before shifting her gaze back to the pale mare.  Even though the girl was young (wasn’t everyone, compared to the painted pegasus?) Iona saw potential in the girl.

“You’ve done well Raeden.  You’ve certainly proven yourself to me, and to the herd.  Sometimes being a sneak is a thankless job since we operate in the shadows, but it certainly helps to be in such good company. You’ve earned the promotion to Specter.  Will you accept the position?” she asked, watching for the reaction of the mare she hoped to call her equal. 

I O N A
image credit

@Raeden

[ooc: phew that took forever. first week of work after vacation = no bueno <3]

image credit 

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy

RAEDEN
but what is love without lust

She listened intently as the paint mare spoke. Her teal looked brightly over to Tin then to Iona. Yes it sucked that she was not able to see her sister, but she will see her soon. She missed Hotaru everyday and it was hard to be with out her. Raeden was grown now and she found her place in this herd. She smiled softly
"It sucks, but I will catch up with her at some point. I remember when we were younger she always looked up to me. We were twins, but I was always the one pushing her. We grew apart for a long time and she is Lady of the Basin.... I miss her, and I would give anything to be a foal for a day with her. We could explore this world together one more time... Oh sorry I kinda got caught up in that moment." Her crowned skull lowered softly with a small frown that she forced back to a smile.

She listened to her talk about D' Arcy and her lips turned to a brighter smile. The girl was very bright and she would be a wonderful sleuth when she gets older. "It was no problem. She is very willing to learn. I think she will make a wonderful addition to this rank when she is old enough. Going to the Basin was not that bad of a Trip, they were very welcoming. I think some of the Foals and potential prospects would enjoy that. I would love to Hold a lesson just let me know what you want the subject on and I will do my best." Her pale body shifted slightly to a more comfortable stance as the mare looked over the small ruby. "Oh thank you! and I did not know your sister was the moon doctor. It must be wonderful to have her here with you. I like to help others when I can. Especially the healers, they deserve so much more recognition. I know they can kinda fall to the wayside sometimes, so I just like to help them out with Items when I see one with a good use. " Tin listened to the two for a bit before wondering off to find some grass. Raeden let her attention drift to him then the words of the mare caught her attention quickly. Iona was giving her a promotion?! Her teal orbs brightened and a smile almost ran from ear to ear. "Well thank you! and Yes I would love to join in with you as a Specter! I will do what ever needs to be done to help and protect the herd, and I will help you with anything you need Iona. Just let me know what we may need, where to help, or who to watch and I will do it. You shouldn't have to hide in the shadows alone, it always helps to have another shadow lurking just in case." Her voice carried lightly through the air with excitement and joy.

"talk talk talk"

table code by tamme

@Iona.

OOC:: SHE SAYS YESSSSS<3!!!!!!

”I’m the last person you have to apologize to, Raeden.  Aly and I are twins too.  We were separated for many years before I was finally able to come to Helovia and find her here in the Edge. I understand letting nostalgia getting the better of you.” Again, the painted Pegasus offers the pale mare a small smile.  It’s not often that Iona finds a kindred spirit, of sorts, but she can’t help but see a lot of herself in her youth in the girl.  The fondness for her sister was evident enough, and Iona lived and breathed for Alysanne.  Even now, after everything.  “It’s amazing how quickly responsibilities can come between family.  I think that’s what happened to Aly and I – we were each so involved in our own priorities.  She was healer here, I was involved in a resistance movement in our old home.  It came between us, though neither of us can regret our involvements.” Her eyes darken with some unspoken emotion.  Perhaps it is remorse.  Perhaps it is just regret.  It burns regardless. “I hope you two can find your way back to each other in time, too. I mean that truly.” She finishes, her green-eyed gaze again returning to Raeden’s. .

Iona moves seamlessly from sentiment to business, allowing only a few moments of comfortable silence before processing the rest of Raeden’s report. “Its good to know our allies in the north are welcoming. That will be useful for crafters to know if they head north to trade glass goods. Certainly something to be filed away.” Iona was unsure what the intentions were with the herd in the north.  What she did know is that she would likely be an unwelcome visitor there, seeing as she bore no horn and a set of wings, so she was grateful that Raeden brought with her good news.  Iona, of course, knew how important alliances were to politics.  She also knew how tenuous they could be.  It took so little to break even the strongest of bonds between lands.  She wondered if Tembovu and Elsa knew of Raeden’s relation to one of the Basin’s leads, but did not press for the information.  Instead she simply filed it away, as she did with all little bits of information.  This was not her information to share, and she wouldn’t use her fellow Specter as a pawn in any political game – especially one like Raeden who had already proven herself to the painted mare.

“I think a lesson or two may be a good way to get some others involved,” she continued, though her mind had wandered she had remained focused on business. Another blessing afforded to her by age and experience, she supposed. ” I know some of the young ones were interested but maybe it would be enough to draw interest from one or two who wish to join the ranks.  In the very least it will be something for the younger ones to do before they are old enough to join the ranks.  Perhaps we could even make it a game. We’ll have to put our heads together and see what we can come up with.” She paused, rolling the ideas over in her mind.  “If we plan far enough ahead, you or I could try to…procure something that could be offered as a prize to those that want to participate.” At the thought, a smirk blossomed on her dark lips.

“I would certainly appreciate the help, and I know you’ll be up to the task. Along those lines – if you need anything, come find me,” she offered, genuinely, with a small dip of her head.

I O N A
image credit

@Raeden

image credit