the Rift

[OPEN] Questionably Occult [SEASONAL SUMMONS]

Alune Posts: 65
World's Edge Seer atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Nova

Birdsong had arrived and brought with it a bouncing array of flora and fauna, the rains had swept through the land and blessed it with more water than the earth had anticipated. Still, the sounds of gleeful colts and fillies broke through the never ending mists which continued their never ending vigil, to the untrained and unknowing eye. Strangers might have thought impish spirits had invaded the silvery tendrils, lurking beyond just out of sight to infect those who dared to come close with their infectious laughter and questionable mischief.

Some of the more louder sounds of mischevious giggling glee came from the older inhabitants. No doubt cantering through the woods with more passionate, slightly more sultry things on the mind. Outlandish things  made to make mares blush pink and race through the tree's, like fair maidens holding on to their modesty with but a scrap of silk, followed by the determined stallions reaching out to nip the scrap from them with fiendish laughter.
The Edge was alive, albeit with mischief, slightly questionable things, and just a pinch of occulty goodness. Let it not be said that they were the most boring herd to inhabit the lush and vast lands of Helovia.

Upon the thistled hills beyond the safety of his Lady's lands, and decidedly out of reach of young maids and roguish youths practicing the sultry arts,the leviathan Seer stood. He watched over the carpet of thistles half-lost within intangible thoughts and memories. Silvered strands blowing into temperate winds as his star kissed hide shined with fresh sleekness as the last patches of thick fur had shed, the Moonstone Crowns reflecting the sunlight which filtered through the sparse clouds, proudly reaching towards the sky.

He felt it within his bones that today was the day he may try and summon the Moon Goddess to them, there had been much going on within the herd. Much plans had been whispered through the tree's, new additions and souls which had left to other pastures. Now more than ever, it seemed the Moonlit Lady was needed. It was a new season, one of life and new beginnings, let it not be wasted.

Smokey tendrils crept from his lapis hooves, defying the winds as they clung to his midnight hide. Slivers blew like banners in the wind as slowly he was engulfed by them and disappeared into nothingness. Like a ghost within the breeze, he returned to where he came.

He reappeared, bursting forth from the white waves into the glade he had communed with her seasons past. Long tail lashed back into existence as he stepped forth from the tide, and turned towards where the mists seemed to congregate with purpose. Alune had half expected his young apprentice to come bursting through the tree's, glinting wonder and excitement pulsing through her like white heat. No doubt she would be along soon, she figured. First however, those that wished to ask questions would need to be summoned.

The call is loud, powerful and his to command. It cried above the birds and the earth dwelling fauna, a song that all must hear and know. The call of the Seer, the first and only call those within the mists were granted before he called their patron into this plane.

Alune waited, patiently, letting his voice carry and echo through pines and through the undersides of erupted roots and low hanging boughs. They would come, he figured, those that wished to ask of her and know in return.  Silver eyes peered back towards the pool of silver smoke, and a kind but humored smile painted his light muzzle.

"Lady Moon. We require your most capable hooves and wisdom."

The Arcweaver's Circle

Credits: Image by Danjah! @ DA

@Mythical Request @Tembovu @Elsa
[Image: QsJIY4g.png]
"I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
 And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon."

force & violence permitted on Alune at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
My thoughts are the cold kind,
I've got storm clouds brewing behind my eyes

He called out, a summons ringing across the lands to bring forth those who reigned, those who served and those who were inclined to listen. She would belong to the latter parts, the rabble (not necessarily common) and the extras, a spectator to the ceremonies of kings, queens and gods. One day, perhaps, she might come to take the place of the summoner, might earn her place in the circle of power, of wisdom and renown. For now, however, she would remain on the sidelines, on the precepts of youth and ignorance and a certain degree of respect - more important than affection at this point - for those older and more experienced than herself. If perhaps not content with her role, Erthë could at least appreciate the necessity to accept it, for the time being, if only because she did not wish to make a fool out of herself.

She appeared none the less, a wisp of a girl stepping out of the folds of mist with a new ease of stride that was as unusual as it was transient, with laughter in her eyes and an eagerness to her bearing that spoke volumes. Loving this new trick of appearing and disappearing in the swirling fog, she was almost disappointed that there was no further reason to flit between places; she emerged before Alune mere moments after the last notes of his voice faded and moved up to take her place by his side.

"Already?" she commented as she registered the location and time and guessed at his intentions - not at all disappointed but rather appearing surprised at how quickly time passed. "It seems to me that the last summoning was only yesterday. Then again, it was ages since we had a talk, dear teacher. Perhaps when this is over?"

There was a slight barb in her tone as Erthë glanced up at the tall Seer, an accusatory bite that suggested he had been less forthcoming with his lessons than expected. Still, the smile that followed was easy enough and the nip aimed at a blue shoulder playful, gentled by the honest desire to learn from him. He knew much that she did not, possessed a wealth of information she could only begin to guess at, and Erthë found it frustrating that there was no quicker way to learn than to ask questions.

It was a matter for another time however, because this was not her place to sate curiosity. Making a show of settling in to wait patiently Erthë looked to see who else would be joining them, and once everyone was in place she began to look about. An expectant smile grew across her lips as she wondered how the Lady would choose to appear this time around, if she would indeed appear at all. What would the king inquire about this season, and would he receive an answer?

Ah, it was so exciting, always intriguing to watch her Goddess interact with mortals such as they. Erthë never knew what would happen, and some way or another she always left these meetings with the realization that she had learned something new.

Erthë
And my heart will be blacker than your eyes
when I'm through with you
image | coding

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa
I've cried, and you'd think I'd be better for it, but the sadness just sleeps, and it stays in my spine the rest of my life.

Alune's call soared above the rest- it was amazing to think that so much time had already passed since the last time they summoned the Moon Goddess. So much had happened that it was actually terrifying. Would the Goddess be okay with her actions? Her inability to be the solid rock everyone needed? A wave of discomfort and self consciousness surged through her as she begrudgingly took steps towards the Seer. 

After a few moments, she had arrived. Erthe had also shown- not Tembovu yet. And his name was yet another name stirring up the guilt within her. History was repeating itself over again. It seemed that children doomed her, and she was so afraid to approach Hawezi about it, that she was just causing a repeat of her twins. Except that this time she had control over the bonding. Maybe parenthood wasn't a thing for her. 

She stood near them, offering the two philosophers a small nod in recognition. Right now was not her time to talk, all that would end up happening was her lamenting her problems.Thank the Gods that this wasn't her job, she'd be too damn afraid to call upon them every time she was required to.  

Edgar was musing away atop her head, analyzing the current state of things. He was both angry, but understanding at Elsa's sudden hesitance to do anything. This whole scenario just reminded him of how fragile and broken she truly was. Even when she thought things were getting better, her scars never faded. They just became buried, waiting for the time when they would rise again. Now seemed to be that time.

image credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the MOON

Shadows and lies

"Well of course you do my little ducklings."

The Goddess' words were a silvery sheen in the air, glistening like the glimmer of tiny bells. She appeared through a curtain of shadow and fog, as radiant as ever. Starsheen glistened as always off of the lithe lilac curves of her body. A beautiful and knee-weakening smile was plastered upon her lips as she surveyed the three before her. She was not surprised to see any of them there, and might have even expected a few more. But that was alright. She enjoyed intimate gatherings just as much as she enjoyed addressing a crowd. 

Her eyes first fixed on Alune, smile widening. "How is your task going?" She purred, thinking of the quest she had sent him on.  It wasn't an overly difficult thing ... and she was honestly surprised that he had not completed it immediately. But then again haste was never a desirable characteristic in a man.

"Child. Queen." In turn, her silvery gaze found Erthe and Elsa, nodding to them both. But she was not here for them. She was here for him.

"What is it you'd ask of me, Seer?"

CREDITS

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu the Elephant King
Ears perk, black rims fasciculating in the mist as they strain to hear through the thick air. Birdsong was warm this year, and combined with the fog and the wet ocean air, it left the air dense and heavy— though the King did not mind. For warmth was warmth, and he would forever prefer it to the cold seasons. Nostrils flare— and Elsa’s scent drifted into them. But had thought he had heard Alune?

A mild uneasiness settled in his barrel. Though it wasn't he that should be mistrusting or jealous… The Elephant shook his head slightly, trying to clear his mind. Though his steps were slow as he tried to settle and disentangle his thoughts. If the Seer was summoning the Goddess, then he had no place appearing with distracted, chaotic thoughts.

So, as he approached the source of the scents and sounds, a few figures materialized out of the mist. He long strides must have walked slower than he had thought. A short, annoyed snort at himself pushed out his black nose, navy eyes sweeping briefly over Alune, Erthe, and Elsa (his gaze wanted to linger, to watch, to plead with his Queen, but he could not let it with their patron deity present) before falling on the goddess. He resisted the urge to let his eyes sweep her curves, her wings, her slender shoulder (had not those wandering eyes gotten him in enough trouble, lately?).

Instead, he contained his eyes to study the Moon’s face— and though it was equal parts severe and foxy, it was wholly and destructively beautiful. “What is it you’d ask of me, Seer?” His hooves halted, giant body set away from the others, and he glanced to Alune. It had been a while since he had seen the Seer— though, he perhaps, the oracle would be immersed in the study and prayer of the Moon. He had been born into such a role in his previous lands, after all.

Though, as it were, the King had missed to opportunity to fully explain his desire to better protect the Edge. And so, despite the Moon addressing his Seer, he dipped his heavy skull low in a combination of apology and deference to the divine woman, “Goddess,” his low rumble started, “thank you for your appearance,” his great horn sliced through the thick mist as his head raised and navy eyes found the silver eyes in her lavender face. “We seek to protect the Edge’s borders once again. I had started crafting glass spikes at the northern borders, before I knew to ask both your assent and guidance. I would like them to encircle the Edge’s borders.” The deep roll of his voice ends partly in question, though his words were a statement.

@Alune sorry for the delay

Tembovu is asking for tall glass spikes (example: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236...3f609e.jpg) to encircle the Edge's borders.
I believe Alune will mention them to be enchanted to slip into the ground by intonation/command/etc.
I will be using my VOTG pass for this!

Please tag Tembovu.

Alune Posts: 65
World's Edge Seer atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Nova

A familiar voice cut through the mist and his thoughts, pale eyes switched their gaze from the mists to the form of his young apprentice. She was growing, faster and faster time accelerated his blessing of age upon her delicate form. Part of the blue giant was loathe to admit it, soon she'd be a young woman capable of even more than she had seen and accomplished in her short life. It drew a worried, internal sigh from the Seer and his sloping shoulder's shifted with the notion. Now wasn't the time for him to fret over Erthe, as much as it was now a sport for the Seer, she strode forward with all the sweetness and light wrapped around her person and it drew a smile from his starry muzzle.

She spoke, and he didn't miss the barb directed at him. Alune had been awfully absent in his teachings, hadn't he? It was far from intentional, he delighted that she wished to know more about the vastness out there and all that was of the Moon Goddess. The Edge lacked that spark and fire, to know more about the divine lady and the patron of their herd. They would do well to take a leaf out of the little ones book. "Indeed, already." Her playful nip is returned by his muzzle pressed against her neck in a playful nudge, accompanied by a gentle lip at her forelock before he drew back. "After we are done here, we shall finally have that lesson. I promise."

Their Queen made an appearance and Alune took a moment to bow his head towards her, low and humbled by her appearance. Was Tembovu not with her? The Seer spared a fleeting thought but in the end dismissed it, surely their King would be along. Lateness was forgivable, unless one missed the party entirely, and there was little fun in that, was there?

Well of course you do my little ducklings

Her siren voice reached them before her divine body swirled to life from fog and shadow. Despite the dark powers she governed, she glowed, such as was her right for she was as beautiful as she was deadly. Alune's head dipped towards the lavender goddess, lower than he would for anyone else. "It is troublesome to find those willing to give up their secrets, more so to find those who would willingly share them." Indeed, it was frustratingly troublesome. Helovian's were not so open or so kind to share what they had earned so that others may ascend. No matter, he would succeed by hook or by crook. "Fear not, my Lady, I will complete my task. I know beauty does not like to wait."

His next words were halted by Tembovu's appearance, and silver orbs flicked to the plains marked King and offered him a nod of welcome. Fashionably late, and filled with idea's no less. Alune's ears perked forward, mulling over the idea's Tembovu had for the Goddess. They did need protection, that the Seer could agree on. His homeland, despite it's peaceful reign, had continued defenses and support of an army even when they were no longer needed. Here it would bode ill if they could not at least repel or make attackers work to meet them on the battlefield, you never truly knew who or what lurked between other herds and the space beyond.

Their spike wall could pose a problem as well, just as it could keep attackers out, it would keep those needing to flee in. In the event of an invasion, their defenses could be turned against them to keep them imprisoned. Dark thoughts, but there was no love in war. They would need a fail safe, a route out should the only way out be blocked. "Perhaps there is some kind of enchantment we can place on them, to make them more efficient." He rumbled, his words careful and thought out as his eyes turned from the King back to the Goddess. "The spikes could prove troublesome, if attackers managed to breach our home, they could be used to corral us, and not allow those unable to fight the chance to escape. Enchanting it to lower by a particular word, maybe, or a number of words, would mean we could lower certain parts of the wall to allow for escape. We could keep the majority of the wall up to still provide a viable defense, than have the entire wall to lower." Would they see the merit in separate words for certain sections? Would the Goddess approve?

The Arcweaver's Circle

Credits: Image by Danjah! @ DA

@Mythical Request @Tembovu @Elsa

@Erthë
[Image: QsJIY4g.png]
"I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
 And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon."

force & violence permitted on Alune at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the MOON

Shadows and lies

I will complete my task. I know beauty does not like to wait. The Goddess purred a spout of silvery laughter at this, and nodding her delicate skull approvingly towards her Seer. Some proffered flattery poorly, thinking that only offering compliments was enough to win over her vanity. But she was a much more complex being than all that - as all women are - and it took more than a pretty word to turn her head. But Alune ... oh yes. She had chosen well with him.

Her attention was diverted as Tembovu arrived, and she sighed a sound bordering on annoyance. Still, her lilac skull dipped to return his greeting, tail swishing slightly.

Whatever air of irritation might have been present on her features disappeared, and a sort of amused curiosity took its place. She waited until he was done - listening with a much more rapt gaze as Alune interjected his own thoughts, before turning back to Tembovu.

"Why darling you shouldn't have to ask at all." Her silvery gaze was a solid mass of molten silver, hard and unyielding, despite the fact that the rest of her face was relax - almost amused looking. "You thank me for my appearance, but really it is Alune you should thank. He is my chosen, and it is he whose voice I listen to from the shadows. I have not picked him as a doorbell, to ring me down when you need me, but as a mouthpiece to confer with. What point is there of a Seer, if you do not trust him to relay the herd's updates and needs to me?" Her tail flicked, posture still calm, though eyes hard on Temobvu. They rolled to Elsa for a moment, narrowing slightly, yet heatlessly.

"I do not mind the attention, but nor do I require such a gathering."

Now the hardness of her gaze departed as she looked to Alune. "Besides, he is quite handsome after all. Why shouldn't I want to be alone with my chosen one?"

Her shoulders shrugged daintly as she winked towards the Seer, before turning back to Tembovu. It wasn't as though she was angry with her two leads, for whom she was well pleased. But nor did she want her Seer to merely be a door mat and doorway to speaking with her. The lead's were to lead, and it was Alune's responsibility - and his alone - to confer with her.

But, they were all here already, so...

"You do realize many have wings? That your spikes will not keep them all out? Glass, even strong glass, is still not impregnable. You of course know this? Strong heat, or enough force will break the barriers anyways. But if your minds are set on this ... First you must understand the extent of what it is you are asking me to do. And so, you shall partially help me do it. Begin digging a trench on the borders where you would like the spikes to go. There will be rocks, roots, and other obstacles to clear. Only when your backs ache and you realize the magnitude of the lands I have given you and the extent of the chore you ask of me, may you stop. There is also a particularly nasty bramble patch deep in the forest ... remove it. Finally, you must fully appreciate the glass that you would weild against your enemies. Have your crafters make glass targets and see what types of magic they are most defensible against, and which they are least. Finally, let your warriors feel the sting of the spikes in a battle .. that way you will know the pain of your enemy. "

1. There is no time limit - take as long as you want. The only way this quest will 'end' is if there is an invasion and you are no longer in control of the World's Edge
2. All of your 'ranked characters' (that is, everyone with rank magic) MUST POST TWICE. **NOTE** All of your ranked positions MUST BE FILLED. So 5 warriors, 3 healers, 2 crafters, etc.
3. 50% of your unranked members (so all those not included in 2) must post AT LEAST ONCE. There are 46 members of the WE as of this posting. Once your rank-magic ranks are filled (a total of 15), you will need to have 15 other members post. ([46-15]/2)

For your quest, you must
1. Start digging a trench for the spikes. There will be rocks and whatnot in your way you will have to deal with. You don't have to dig all the way around the Edge of course, this is more manual labour ;)
2. There is a large patch of brambles/a thicket in part of the forest. Go and clear it (you can burn it, poison it, etc. You won't be able to dig it out, unless you are able to dig from far away to get at the roots without being cut.) when you do this, tag Mythical Request
3. Have your crafters make some glass targets and practice magic on them! Find out which magic is weakest on glass and which is strongest (feel free to use Google to help with the physics of this ;) )
4. Have your warriors (at least 2) spar using glass spikes as weapons, so that you know the pain of what you're imposing on others.

CREDITS

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu the Elephant King
Pale ears and dark eyes sweep to Alune as his careful words in a deeply melodic voice follow on the heels of his own low roll. He blinked once— indeed, the herd should not be trapped inside the borders, should they be breached. He sighed softly to himself; for all that he did in the role of a King, at times holes in his ability to lead were painfully evident to himself. Ears flicked backwards as his gaze traveled first to Elsa and then to the ground.

But he was not left long to linger in his downtrodden thoughts— instead facing the hard eyes and calm, but pointed, rebuke of the goddess. A ripple travelled in the bulk of his muscle from crest to withers and down his shoulder, a physical manifestation of the Moon’s gentle chide. His lips pressed, his great skull bowed slightly, horn tip angling closer towards the misted earth… Though, despite the outward yield to her censure, a single bright flame of dissent flared in his chest. The Elephant’s psyche, tired of his own internal berating, quietly rebelling against the public reproach of a goddess. She did not know

But such dangerous thoughts were powerfully silence by an iron will. The goddess knew more than him; she knew more than any of them. Dynamic eyes of hard heat drop from the deity’s pupil-less silver. He had no foundation for speaking with gods, he could not treat her as he did those greedy, corrupt men of the plains. So, after a deep breath, he simply replied to the Moon, “I understand, my Lady,” a small lopsided small turned up the corner of his pursed lips, “I’ll leave you alone with your handsome Seer in the future.”

However, all internal strife and other thoughts were swept away as she began to speak, granting and explaining the herd’s task. Despite all the dark and ominous lore surrounding their Lady, her words were both just and fair, inspiring admiration to flicker in the King’s navy eyes. His head cocked as he regarded their patron, ears perked and attention focused on the words pushed past her lavender lips.

His head bowed deeply as she finished, “I am glad we turn to you for guidance, Lady Moon. I had not thought to test the limits of the glass before asking you.” Though his muzzle party to talk more, he silenced his own voice— had not she just said that it was Alune who was her mouthpiece and to whom she would confer with?

So his gargantuan form stepped back, letting the Seer choose to ask after if the goddess would want a temple or any other thing he desired to worship her. And, upon letting his Seer to his duty, he found his own beseeching gaze landing once again on Elsa. Navy eyes were wide, wanting, and sad— but he did not approach his Queen. He merely dipped his head and returned into the mists.

@Alune

Please tag Tembovu.