the Rift

The Art Of War [OPEN, TORASIN]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR

And you swear I'm hard to lay beside

I was new to the lands and by far one of many just like myself. I felt like a thread lost amongst the yarn; those of importance swallowing my significance because I had not yet earned my stars. In this moment, I felt inferior to the routine of things because no one had filled me in on the lifestyle of such a place. A warrior entailed strength and worth and I felt I inherited neither of these attributes. I knew they were things not easily accomplished, but I wanted to soar down this road instead of meandering, step by worthless step. I hadn’t seen Mirage since meeting her in the Threshold and I longed for her patient guidance now. There were so many things that I needed to do and so little time in which to do them. Around me, the world was so calm while inside my mind, thoughts raced and tore through my muddled cognition. I longed for some light in this dark place of need I now took refuge. I had always perceived myself as kind and self-righteous, but at times, I felt miserly and cold. Days like these made it hard to commit to such pleasantries due to the bitter taste still lingering on my tongue from disuse.

The wintry freeze did not help brighten such a dim mood on my behalf. My bones ached, my skin prickled, and my eyes seemed to be made of opaque glass. I felt as if I were unseeing, or better yet, unheard. Around me, the Edge was in full swing of Winter and I hated it. I hated the cold and how it made me feel. The frozen ground would not harbor my weight the way fertile soil would. I could only imagine the way it would feel when the spongy soil caked up and around my hooves, cradling my size like a mother would its child. Spring would also bring life to this massive carcass, hiding away the darkened part of me that I chose to conceal in the cheery light of sun. Now, all I felt was darkness, creeping into my body like a disease, forcing the good from my purpose and shedding the light for mere shadows.

Could I ever concede to these lands and commission myself for battle?

Torasin Posts: 132
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 8
imi
by the time I noticed; you were already g o n e

The wounds had turned to scars and his bones had healed efficiently well thanks to the expertise of Onni, her gentle art had been his savour. Now the spirited stud was back to his ways of prancing around like a girl in full bloom, Kiba finishing off the elegant dances with the flap of his scaly wings. It was this exuberance that lessen the biting cold as blood pumped to the beat of their merry winter dance. The pair were slowly gaining some confidence in their cold new home. It was harsh, and if one was to stand by the cliff face, unrelenting. It wasn't as inviting as the Oasis had been but under the shelter of it's rugged forest things did seem quite pleasant. His brown bonded had already claimed many perches as his favourite branch and they both enjoyed being part of a close 'family'. Herd life did suit the two, even if Torasin was beginning to enjoy the life of a nomad before.

Horse and dragon made there way through the shaded trees, greeting different members as they passed. One, however, seemed a little sad within himself. He was of the winged nature, huge in size and bay in colour. There was something a little off about him and Torasin began to wonder how a pegasus with such small wings could fly. If he could that was. The painted gentleman gave the stallion, of similar age, a little room before talking. Not wanting to be on the wrong end of a hoof should the stranger feel in such a way. "What's wrong, Sir? If you don't mind my bothering." His voice was clipped as he said each word precisely, the merriment of his dance could be heard through each vocal. A smile laced into gilded features and a brown dragon rather excitedly trilling his own greeting to the fellow.

Torasin started as he almost forget where his manners were and offered a final line for the names of himself and his bonded. "I'm sorry I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Torasin and this is Kiba." The brown trilled once more at the sound of his name, tail swinging from atop a white splashed rump.

neverFading-stock.deviantart.com | lumibear.deviantart.com | art by titaniumsun.deviantart.com

THOR

To dismiss these thoughts of anguish, I ponder the sun and how it would feel upon my back in the summer, brightening these dark shadows that hide in the crevices of the cold winter breeze. I am sullen and perhaps a bit rigid, but in this time of complete and utter confusion, I doubt anyone would find the time to blame me. Before me, the land stretches out and over the earth in a rolling wave that soon collapses at the cliff and takes a fearless fall into the waters below. I am amazed at how such beauty had ceased to escape the little raven mare’s lips when she had come to invite me home. Dear Mirage, I wondered how she faired as of late because her company was well remembered.

It seemed that while the frozen climate helped to nurse the land into a dormant state, the inhabitants were still bristling with life. Everyone seemed to be bustling here and there, completing task after task, which I found myself almost wishing I could do myself. Perhaps it would dash away these morbid feelings of hopelessness. However, before I could once again succumb to the bitter self-evaluation that I had formerly been engrossed in, I recognized the beat of hooves against the frozen terrain. They were none like my own, perhaps softer considering my massive size. It wasn’t until the little Tobiano came into sight that I felt pleased with myself for estimating his size value. He wore a small dragon for company and this was not the first time he had witnessed such. This little basilisk was a bit larger than Akaith, the small dragon that had accompanied Mirage to the Threshold. However, the bond that tied these two creatures together was just as evident and I envied such.

I am simply at war with my own aspirations dear friend. I don’t mind your bothering either because such company should keep me sane.” I couldn’t help the slight chuckle that passed my lips after such a crude remark, but it did seem to help the horrid mood that had taken over my otherwise passive nature. “I am Thor, an Apprentice Protector of the World’s Edge, though I’ve yet to accomplish much in the ways of the trade.” Looking at him now, he was a bright young stallion, shining in his graces as any creature should. Nothing seemed to inhabit him as my present state confirmed, but all stories cannot be told simply by the cover art. His small companion had piqued my interest just as Akaith had nearly stolen my heart. My fascination with the small winged ophidian was hard to suppress and with such interest moving my words I had to ask, “And your small friend, should he bear a name too?

[W/C: 523]
[Ooc: Sorry it took so long and I hope this was okay, it's late I'm super tired 0.o]

Deceased
imi

Torasin watched the winged fellow as he spoke in response, his chuckle did little in the way of lighten the poor boys mood which worried the gilded steed. It did no good to have a new land if it's residents were unhappy and so he drew himself up and motioned to Kiba. The brown responded with a trill of exuberance and flew to the pegasus, it appeared Thor hadn't quite caught his dragons name so Torasin politely told him once more. "His name is Kiba my friend, it means fang." The Advocate was rather proud in his naming.

The smile which always hung around his lips grew broader as he cocked his head to one side and made a more direct question. "Do you think yourself mad, Sir Thor?" His voice spoke volumes of disbelief, the chap seemed dear and in time would surely make an excellent fighter and gain a higher rank. The herd was still young and full of opportunity. "Or is it something else?" Determination was set into his face, he didn't like to see sadness in others and often worried over problems that were not his own.

Kiba had know flown back to his bonded and landed neatly on his rump once more, emotions of concern flooded into the mind of the gilded steed as his brown friend spoke once into the vaults of his mind.

Thor is angry.
Whatever for?

Kiba replied with a blank look and Torasin rolled over the thought. The brown did perceive more than he could but the steed said nothing of it and instead waited for the others response.

[ooc; no worries ^^]

neverFading-stock.deviantart.com | lumibear.deviantart.com | art by titaniumsun.deviantart.com

THOR

He was a compassionate creature, obviously unstained by worries such as those that hunted a poor beast such as myself. His bonded companion was just as upbeat as his master and this was something that contained infinite possibilities. Each bonded pair seemed to be nearly the same and yet utterly different than the last. It was a magical thing that they held together and one day I hoped to be granted with such a blessing. An eternal mate that followed you through the hardships of battle, the pain of loss, and the emptiness of death. Torasin was certainly someone I could aspire to due to his unending capacity of patience. He was not assuming as most would prove to be in such a situation and this small part of such a beast made me respect him.

Ah, I see. I suppose I missed that before, silly me. However, no, I do not consider myself mad, just frustrated with useless capabilities. I’m never sure which path I should take. Can you agree with such a complication?” Resting a tired gaze on him now, I welcomed his company more than ever. Perhaps I would find an ally in the paint skin stallion or better yet, a friend.

I had been a little surprised when Kiba had come to join my side, trilling happy nonsense into my ears. It was something I could appreciate from such a chipper little fellow and it did wonders to these stiffened bones and bitter mood. “I wish for a companion of my own one day…” If such blessings were offered to those of such futile skill.

[W/C: 269]

Deceased
imi

The eyes of the gentleman softened as his winged comrade spoke, his heart reaching out at the indecision shown the bay's posture. It was something Torasin did understand, maybe in a different way, but the feeling was the same. The decisions of others often decided the path the painted steed would take and the indecision came later on whether it was right or wrong. One common need to protect those he loved was enough to override any doubts however. Looking at Thor now Torasin wondered if the huge Clydesdale had something he wanted to protect. Or maybe an immovable goal. His smile was understanding as he tried to offer some peace to warrior's doubtful heart. "I can relate in my own way my friend. I find taking each day as it comes instead of thinking too much about future can help."

Torasin stopped talking for a moment to consider his next words. The mists of the Edge drifting through the trees and dancing against the cliffs, leaving the ground saturated with dew and hoof prints engulfed with mud. Torasin could swear since their move to this new land he was going to be forever damp, the air blown through his nostrils adding to the hazy view.

He smiled warmly at Kiba with Thor's mention of a companion and motioned his agreement. "I'm sure you will find your bond one day and benefit greatly from it."

The healer looked intently at the stallion who was not much younger than he, wondering if there was a reason behind choosing the path of a protector.
"Is there something you wish to do? Or someone you want to protect? I am not a warrior of this land however I have been involved in three battles, all under different circumstances and all to protect somebody or something."

He thought about each time he went, the first to protect the equality of all species. The next two times were simply to protect Mirage. The land they claimed after was secondary. It wasn't that he couldn't fight, he preferred to heal and help others than inflict injury.

[ooc; sorry for your wait. I had to go on absent for a short time]

THOR

After meeting a few new faces around Helovia, I’d realized that I had a job to do. There were so many tortured souls and I felt that I wanted to mend them. Perhaps becoming a warrior was not my calling and the trade would ultimately land me in another pit of despair due to the constant worry of keeping predators and enemies out of the Edge. I wondered what it took to become a medic should I choose to desire such a path. I knew that Torasin would be able to answer my questions because he had resided in Helovia much longer than I. He was a kind hearted fellow and I was glad to acquire his company.

I just find that I am concerned with which path to take. At first I had wanted to learn the skills of being a protector but I find that I am not cut out for such violence. Not to say that I will not defend what I hold dear, but I also have a special place in my heart for those who need my help. Whether that be for advice to heal the heart or medicine to help heal a wound.” Looking back at Torasin, I envy his patience and wonder what exactly his position in the Edge allows him to proffer. “I suppose I cannot help but ask your opinion on the idea of becoming a healer… Or would you suggest that my attributes are more suited to protecting?

A bit of excitement grew in my chest at the mention of a companion, but I wanted to prove myself as a healer or protector before I went in search of such a blessing. I wasn’t sure how once acquired a bonded, but I was sure that one day I would earn one should the right circumstances surface. Looking at Kiba, I was inspired and I wondered what other kinds of companions were offered to the residents of Helovia. I would ask Torasin at a later time considering I had given him so much to think about already. However, I was eager to hear his response and turned a childish ear towards him. I’m sure my eyes were bright now with new possibilities, curious and naive to the customs of Helovia.

[W/C:379]

Deceased
imi

The more Thor spoke the more Torasin felt he knew him. Like a distant cry from his rocky past, was this winged boy really so different from him? The paint was beginning to find himself more and more charmed by the fellow whose eyes were genuine when he spoke of internal problems. Fighting with the heart was something not to be taken lightly. It was as the heavy built, red hued stallion asked his question that Torasin allowed a merry chuckle escape from his sooty lips.

"Attributes? All you need is the will to help others and the determination to learn in order to save those in need. Honestly, I think that you have all the right attributes to be a great healer." His eyes were bright and happy through each word he spoke, the want to protect was the same in everyone. It was the ways in which the steeds and mares choose to portray it that differed, the desire would always be the same. Memories appeared before him of the day he was chosen to be healer of the Oasis, a stroll with the Wild Rose taught him the basics and he would of thrown everything into that role, if it wasn't for the shadows that drove them away. Not all was lost, it was in this land of Helovia he had extended his knowledge and gained the magic needed to help others. It was now his turn to pass the torch to a new aspiring healer.

"If healing is the art you wish to pursue, I will do anything I can to help you, I held the rank once long ago. In fact, our Moon Doctor Smoke, she was my predecessor. Her knowledge on the art is more than inspiring." There was nothing but admiration in his voice and a keen sense that he would serve her proudly as a Nurse.

THOR

Torasin’s eyes lit up, filled with an understanding of the words I had chosen to share. He was a friend to me when I felt I had none and his offers of kindness made me feel at ease when all I had felt was sorrow. I was certainly in good company now and I wanted it to remain as such. I couldn’t help the cheerful laugh that followed the paint’s own flutter of chording. Perhaps he would be able to help me on my new quest to become a healer. I would fully invest my attentions to the task and find it completed. I didn’t know what was involved in earning such a title and I knew that Torasin would be able to help me along just as Mirage had in the Threshold. He was a good fellow with a big heart and I thanked the Gods for sending him my way.

I believe that my only concern now is learning the steps to be taken in order to be named a healer. What kind of tasks do you think will be involved in testing my skills at becoming a medic? I’ve never been faced with this kind of duty and I find that I would rather go in to it prepared.” I laced a weary gaze on the golden hued lad, almost dreading his response. I was worrisome that my to-do list had just doubled and that I would be unable to accomplish the content published there.

This Moon Doctor you speak of, would she be able to enlighten me of the concepts of becoming a healer? I find that I would have to apprentice under someone just as I would have to become a warrior.” The dull memories of meeting Aaron had lit my tongue with a soiled aftertaste due to his lack of inspiration on me. He hadn’t taught me much in the way of fighting or really anything otherwise and I hadn’t heard from him since. “I feel that I would prosper under the wings of someone who was just as dedicated as I am…

I planned on serving the Edge well and in a civil display of obedience, I dropped my massive head to the painted stallion, hope swelling in my large eyes. This was his chance to lead me, for I was determined to make his words my path and his wisdom, my undying art.

[W/C: 401]

OOC: Did you want to go ahead and close this?

Deceased
imi
[ooc:sure, I will write another reply to it makes sense ^^]