the Rift

[PRIVATE] This is my Confession

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
He was father.

In the same breath, he was a dastardly lair. Though his feelings for Elsa, the deep respect and caring he felt for the Icebound Queen, ran deep and true— it as the pretense of their coupling that had left him standing on the cliffs as a cheat. He had been hurt, he had been lonely and forsaken by any light in his life. And there Elsa had been, taking him with open wings and understanding, comforting words. A soft feminine presence with a heart as wounded as his— but still strong. Quiet strength emanated from her. A perseverance despite the betrayal she had been through.

And here he was, dark gaze cast to the angry rocks below, betraying her.

Though their union had been one of mutual need. And never were promises made. But the Elephant knew that thoughts like these were excuses; a way to shirk the blame that rested solely on his massive shoulders.

A sigh, long, low, and sad, pushed out from his chest. Head hung low, weighted with his thoughts. Part of him had, absurdly, thought to wait for Rexanna to come to the Edge. And then, with his Kingly will, somehow force all to be appeased. To explain, command, and live happily. But, as his head hung lower, he knew that was not only unfair, but unwise.

Amid many other things, he owed Elsa an explanation. A truth spoken, amid all the unspoken words between them. And in private, alone, without eyes or ears… The Queen deserved her own reaction, her own time to scream or berate or attack…

His ears tilted back. His eyes closed, black lids shutting out the birds that glided into their cliff-nests below him.

Sad Tembo table.
I wrote it listening to this ;-;
But, good ol' Usher was the inspiration <3

@Elsa

Please tag Tembovu.

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa
It was all her fault… she was becoming a horrible mother, again. Even being present didn’t help her inability to feel like a good maternal figure. Tembovu was probably much more prominent in their son’s life than herself. For that, she felt like shit. Edgar had berated her here and there for her lack of love, but he knew when to reign in back in.

Tentatively, she set out to look for the man whom she trusted most. Even with such a fragile bond it was one of the only things she could hang onto. The duo had relied heavily on that knowledge to continue. In the moments where she swore to give up, she realized that she was now connected to Tembovu, and Hawezi in a way that kept her alive and breathing. Her daughters no longer needed her, but her son and Tembovu did- or at least that what she thought.

When she spotted the Elephant King not far off, she quietly approached, making sure her presence wasn’t disrupting something important. Her mind raced with all the possibilities of what could happen when approaching him- would he be mad for her sudden dispersal? She was just so terrified he would reject her, and suddenly his height seemed gargantuan in comparison to her own. Elsa felt as if she was cowering in his shadow.

“Tembovu...” She murmured quietly, offering a small, fleeting smile. Her head then turned away and downward in shame, refusing to look at him as she admitted once again how much of a royal fuck up she was. “I’m really, really sorry. I thought I could be a better mother, and believe me I really, really tried. I am still trying. I understand if you are angry with me, but I wanted to apologize, and for you to understand I really am trying. It’s just so hard sometimes. I’m so afraid everything is going to repeat itself...” The whole explanation came out in a wild rush. It was like a waterfall, free flowing until she finally ran out of things to say. Ashamed of her words, she took a step backwards, not looking to him.

Edgar sat passively on her head, glancing between the two. As Elsa spoke, he hoped Tembovu would understand. This was something that had been eating at her for weeks now. It wasn’t in her nature to ask for help, or to admit she had a problem, and he thoroughly hoped Tembovu would not wreck that fragile trust bond she had to him.

"Morbi vestibulum mollis nibh a varius."
well fuck a duck. why you do this elsa.. >.> 
Tom Odell playlist here I come.
/ image
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

“Tembovu…” His eyes pop open, head raising and jerking to the side, finding the very woman who held so much of his respect and guilt all at once. Dark eyes do not miss the small, fleeting smile that tentatively crosses her pink-slashed muzzle. Nor does it miss her cowering posture, so unfitting on the usual warrior’s poise she carried herself with. His body shifts to face her as she speaks, guilt and misery tightening in his chest with her rush of self-berating words. He loses her eyes as they avert, and her body as she steps backwards…

To be truthful, the Elephant had been so absorbed with the pulsing, breathing life of his son that he had entirely missed Elsa’s absence from it. He had been to absorbed in his thoughts of Rexanna returning… Ears tilt back as he takes a step towards his Queen, closing the distance that she had placed between them. A glance at Edgar reminds him that Mbwene was foraging in the trees not far behind them, but she sought distance from his anguished thoughts.

“Do not apologize, Elsa,” his low voice is quiet, but firm, “You gave me more than I could ever ask for. A child— a living, breathing son— it is all I have dreamed of since… since I buried mine…” His voice fades, thick emotion tightening around his throat and leaving him wordless. But he has thoughts, feelings, and actions.

“I’m so afraid everything is going to repeat itself…” Her words, ominous and foreboding, repeat themselves in his skull. Regret, so poignant and painful that it pushes him to movement, slices through the dark tangle in his chest. His hooves carry him closer to the pale woman— once cloaked in ice but now bare and vulnerable before him. His muzzle stretches out to try and press alongside her slender face for a few, long moments, before he begins to speak halting words that brew stronger, darker demons within him.

“It is I who must apologize—” a deep breath, seeking to breath in her calming, sensual scent, “I came to you hurt, broken. And I care so deeply for you— you said all the things I needed, you were all the things I needed— and now Hawezi—” his voice breaks once, but he perseveres in the self-flagellation of truth, “Elsa, I admire you. I treasure our time together— it was real and true… But there is another,” navy eyes that had roamed over her face as he spoke lock onto her eyes, now, “Another I care for differently than how I care for you. It does not make what we have any less real or right. But…” he falters, watching the depths of her milky and sapphire eyes, “…But I’ve asked her to come live in the Edge.”

He finishes, body rigid as he fights against every muscle straining to hold her, to draw her into his chest. Because the next step was hers to take.
Fire & Ice

@Elsa I'm SO SORRY this took so long. She's breaking my heart

Please tag Tembovu.

She can’t help but flinch backwards at his approach. Head still down, and eyes turned away, nothing he said could take the guilt from her. She was failing all over again- and it was the worst case scenario she wished to avoid. It took all of her willpower not to move as he reached out to her. She never deserved this forgiveness.

But how much worse could this whole situation get? Even in Elsa’s terms, this was the worst of the worse. Yet as he spoke, and the word ‘another’ was voiced in his speech- time seemed to stand still for a moment. She knew it, once again she was a rebound. For Oxy, she had been the reminder- nothing more. For him… well I guess she was just the sideshow. And for the second time in her life, she watched everything she built up burn to the ground. Her fledgling city of confidence utterly decimated in the aftermath of his words.

Yet, all she could do was smile. Her body however, physically recoiled and suddenly the touch she once found comfort in burned her. It was like boiling water was being poured over her with each small brush against his skin. She fought her way out of his grip- and it was the only action that would occur to show her devastation. Edgar on the other hand, was fuming. The bird, although restrained by his bonded, was fluffed up with extreme anger and distress. It took all of his willpower to not rip out his eyes and make him feel the physical manifestation of Elsa’s broken heart. He trusted him- and once again, it was destroyed.

“It is fine. Mending is what I do. As long as you’re no longer broken, then I did my job.” She said calmly, smiling. ’Even if the process continually tears me apart.’. So much of her dialogue was masqueraded by faux words and smile. The heart that had thawed was once again bound in nothing but ice- for none of her heart was left to salvage. He never cared for her- maybe saying that made him feel better, but if he was truly in love with another, she was an object of lust. A fuck toy. I guess that’s what everything has boiled down to. She was not what he needed, she was the one who once again faltered beneath kind words and good intentions. Hardly had she ever been “his queen”. Someone else had taken that title in his heart. He could hear it in his voice, she was no longer loved, even if he tried to convince her so.

“I bet she makes you happy. You deserve that. Maybe one day I could meet her.” There was a forced, rigid shrug as Elsa fought back a wave of nausea and Edgar wrangled in his anger. But neither of the two could stop the horrid thoughts that suddenly raced into her mind. He had talked her off the edge- and now there was no one to do that anymore. The thought of death and lifelessness felt, for the first time, like the best option. It was selfish, but she had been told time and time again that things would become better. Only they just became progressively worse. The rollercoaster of her life was in a continual downward spiral.

“I hope she finds the Edge to her standards. But she’ll more than likely love it, I’m sure.” The whole nonchalant comments were unnerving. She sounded so fake and bubbly, matching the opposite emotions of hurt and sadness that raged inside her. Her urge to yell at him, and to blame him were all but snuffed out. Nothing she said, or accused him of, would change anything. So why waste her breath when his mind had been set?

“But please, Elephant King, do not speak of our relations to her. I don’t think she would appreciate it. I can keep my distance well enough away. You never cared, so please spare me that. I’m sorry I interfered. If she knows of Hawezi, and she is angry, just tell her it was my fault for taking advantage of you while you were hurt emotionally. Was she why you were so hurt? If she was, then I know she means much more to you than I could ever understand. I apologize for interfering.” Her demeanor had faltered for a moment, her voice cracking here and there as she struggled to keep her composure. She wanted this to sound formal, cold, like a business deal. The quicker she could move this along, the better off she would be in the future. Edgar, for the first time, released an angry, garbled cry as his body stood rigid and on edge. His talons were digging painfully into his bonded’s head and mane as he fought against his urge to protect her.

“Ignore him. He doesn’t understand.” But Elsa knew full and well that Edgar understood. They were the stepping stones- they were used to get others to their final destination. And Elsa just needed to accept that she was in no one’s final plans, she was only a means to an end. The queen was once again bound in ice.

Fire & Ice

@Tembovu

His ears lay back as she hardens (re-coating herself in ice) and pulls away from his touches. His navy eyes harden at her smile— at its deception. Her faux smile takes his guilt and wrenches, grips it, and quietly (slyly) stokes the coals in his chest. “If you’re no longer broken, then I did my job.” His teeth grit, broad jaw rigid against her smiling onslaught of flippant insults. He had been prepared for screams or tears— but this?

This was worse. This angered him. “I was a job? We were a job? Hawezi—” his rough, rash words faltered once at the thought of his son; would she take him from him? “—was—was he a ’job’?” His ears, once pushing flat with his skull suddenly swing forward, hard navy eyes cracking as they raked the shallow smiles on her face.

“I bet she makes you happy. You deserve that.” Those simple, forced words and her rigid shrug wiped away his simmering anger, but left guilt and overwhelming loss in its place. “Maybe one day I could meet her.” Darkening eyes glance away, lips purse, teeth grind. An ear flicked towards the enraged Edgar and his rustling feathers— but the Elephant was at a loss for what to say, now. He was still, watching his Queen. Watching more wreckage and ruin that he left in his wake.

His gaze traces her icy blue hooves as she continues, voice fake and bubbly and nonchalant. It was everything a man could hope for— the mother of his child was standing there, accepting that his lover was a coming to the Edge— was coming to her home. Elsa, the image of perfectly contained and independent Queen, shrugged off his romantic transgressions and allowed her wayward King to bring his siren, his courtesan, into her borders. With disapproving smiles and disappointed shrugs, the Icebound ruled her emotions as she ruled her herd.

But, to the Elephant King, it was nothing like what he wanted. No, he did not want to hurt the woman he had come to care so deeply for. But he did want an open, honest conversation with true emotions. And this— her words— were anything but. Until… “But please, Elephant King, do not speak of our relations to her… You never cared, so please spare me that… Tell her it was my fault.”

Navy eyes burn, snapping to her face. “Why would you ask that of me?” Finally, the giant man finds his deep voice. And it rolled, hoarsely, “Elsa, stop giving me your apologies. I do not want them. And do not insult me— do you truly think you mean nothing to me? That I would say what I said, share what I shared, with someone I did not honestly care for?” In the absence of her resent, anger, or hurt, his own rose; as if in an attempt to infuse some aspect of genuine emotion into their exchange.

“My Queen, I will never apologize for you, or on your behalf, for what we have shared. Or for Hawezi,” he snorts as Edgar releases a garbled cry, “and I think he understands this fine.” His reply is short, but he retains his rigid hulking body in place as he addresses her final comment.
Fire & Ice

@Elsa SORRY THIS TOOK FOREVER. shoot me.

Tembo logic: Elsa takes the news really well! Awesome! Great! Now let's INSTIGATE AND PROVOKE HER. Yes. Genius idea. What could go wrong? :|

Please tag Tembovu.

He thinks this is about Hawezi.

How incredibly stupid was he? Part of her wanted to lash out, and beat the absolute shit out of him. Hawezi had nothing to do with this. He was the result of their (now apparent) mistakes. He was never a part of this. As she pulled away from Tembovu, Hawezi would still be firmly planted in her heart even if he was more like his father.

Yet even after all she had said, her confessions, her plan…

His words felt like knives running down her spine. Even now, in the face of all this knowledge, he continued to lie. It was like he spoke that, and suddenly she didn’t trust a single thing he said anymore. He was so full of himself, and suddenly, her ears were flat against her head as she took a few menacing steps forward. She may be weaker, smaller, more insignificant than him, but she would not be taken for a fool. He couldn’t just lie to her face, and try and make this all better. It wasn’t. He should’ve just shut his mouth and went back on his merry way. Edgar was suddenly losing it, the icy talons seemingly dripping icicles on Elsa’s head as he reigned in his anger. Edgar did understand, which is why Tembovu should have taken the hint and just walked away.

Her nostrils were flaring as her emotions were somewhere in the extremes of anger and pain. Even now her body reacted as she trembled with the anger she held.“Do not treat me like a fool, Tembovu. Do not call me your queen, I was never your queen. I am anything but that to you.” She hissed, her muzzle flinging forward in a motion to signal him. Her wings were pinned against her side and she stomped another step forward, teetering on the edge of just losing control.

“You lied. And you’re still lying to yourself. Tell me Tembovu, do you tell someone you love there is no one else and the turn your back on them? Because that is what you have done to me. You should’ve just turned and walked away when you had a chance.” Her heartbeat was thrumming in her ears, and her entire body felt as if it were on fire. Her veins ran wild with rampant anger.

“If you didn’t get it the first time around, I trusted you.” Her lip quivered as she held in the tears she so badly wanted to shed. It wasn’t fair. Her life wasn’t fair anymore. All it wanted from her was pain and anguish. And he knew that, yet… yet he made a promise he couldn’t keep.

“And do not flatter yourself by thinking I equate you with Hawezi. He is just unfortunate enough to suffer the same fate as the rest of my children- a father who can’t stay.” There it was, the words spat like venom, as her jaw ground in extreme anger. “Do yourself a favor. Forget me. Stay out of my way, and I’ll be sure to make sure my side bitch status is now officially over.” That is what she had become, a side piece to play with when the ones they wanted weren’t around. “How is a herd supposed to trust a queen who so blindly followed her king?” It was both an insult and a harsh truth. She was too emotional, too attached, too needy for love that she couldn’t even see when someone was trying to blindside her. “If you wanted to ruin me, and officially make me numb to the world, the congratulations, your mission has been accomplished.” She only backed up one step as she admitted her defeat. He had broken her, and thrown her pieces to the wind like the rest of them.

Fire & Ice

@Tembovu  angry elsa is angry ;-;

He stood, still and rigid, as he saw his words stroke anger to life in the Icebound Queen. She was even crowned in ice now, as the enraged Edgar dripped icicles on her brow. He wavered only once in the face her menacing approach, his head rising up to his great height and away from her sheer fury. But he other held firm, hooves rooted firmly beneath the promised, oncoming tirade that he deserved. This was just retribution for his actions, and this was finally some sort of honest, cathartic emotion from his Queen— ”Do not call me your queen, I was never your queen.” Her furious, hissed words made him flinch, eyes wrinkling as they stung deep beneath his thick hide to the depths of his chest.

”You lied.” His eyes instantly hardened. He was many things, but the Elephant King retained his integrity and justice as a core pillar in his chest. ”Do you tell someone you love there is no one else and then turn your back on them?” Her accusations, the assault promised by her furious advance and provoked by his own anger at her previous, diplomatic iciness continued to spew from delicate pink-stained lips. And his navy eyes glance at them, watch the creases and wrinkled that contorted with her pain and righteous anger. No longer was she shrouded in ice; no longer was he facing a pleasant mask.

’I never said I loved you. I never made that promise,’ but those words, those devastatingly cruel words did not leave his lips. They did not fly in the face of her pained fury— hadn’t he already caused enough wreckage here? Were not Edgar’s screeches and Elsa’s trembles proof enough? But this woman, his Queen despite her accusations that she was not, deserved some semblance of truth. Or some semblance of explanation, if they were to rule alongside each other. So, for better or for worse, the Elephant’s guilt softened his harsh truth to a simple, quiet apology, “I am sorry I mislead your love, Elsa.”

Though, even tempered, his words sounded callous and brutal to his ears, which tilted back as his head fell slightly, gaze skimming away from hers to watch the tight pinning of wings to her svelte, icy sides. ”I trusted you.” Again, her words sent ripples across his thick, buckskin hide as he flinched at her verbal (but blameless) assault. His askant gaze traveled from her clenched wings, down her snowflake-decorated shoulder as she threw venomous words about their son at him.

His lips pressed together, listening and feeling the slices each of her syllables left in his chest. His gaze continued to drift, up her shoulder and to her withers (he had placed an affectionate bite there, once). “Do yourself a for. Forget me.” From her withers up her neck (there, too, he had nipped tenderly), and to her jaw (he had pressed affectional nuzzles, there). “If you want to ruin me… your mission has been accomplished.” And finally to her face, the trembling lips and broken, defeated gaze.

“The herd cannot fault a Queen who loves,” of all the things to address, it was this his deep voice started with, “and do not call yourself such deprecating words as ’side bitch’,” his low rumble sounded strange and distasteful around the word, “It is as demeaning as it is untrue.” A soft, sad, hurt sigh pushed out his nostrils as he continued, “That you accuse me of being a ‘father who can’t stay’—” he paused for a brief moment when his voice cracked once as he repeated her recrimination. “Knowing what you know of my past, saying that is as unfair to me as what I am doing to you.” His gaze, having lost their softness from sliding over her body, were equal parts pained and hardened.

“You may not believe me or may not want to hear it, but I truly am sorry, Elsa,” he began to back away from the Icebound, “I’ll leave you, now.” The many layers of his statement were emphasized as his large frame started to disappear in the the thickly misted trees.

But it was contradicted as Mbwene, embodying the overpowering waves of sadness and pain from her bonded, shuffled towards Elsa, trunk sadly upraised as a small, pained squeaked escaped from her. She reached out, bright eyes glancing towards the enraged Edgar before turning to Elsa, and wanted to stroke or somehow alleviate her sadness and hurt.
Fire & Ice

@Elsa I'm sorry I drug this out forever. It just kept breaking my heart We can continue it or end it here, whatever you'd like, lovely <3

Please tag Tembovu.