the Rift

Broken Elegence [Joining/Thor]

Adura Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Adura
Sweet sleep, my dark angel

Two creatures slowly travelled into the herdland. One, the giant bay pegasus, stood out against the stark winter background. His companion was much better concealed, distinguishable from the snow only due to her golden horn and the faintest of gold highlights that glimmered in her mane and tail. The mare rested heavily against the steed, stumbling through the drifts that should have been little problem. Bones jutted against the ivory pelt, the combination of Frostfall and tragedy had reduced her to little more than a skeleton. Azure eyes gazed down at the earth, picking every step carefully to keep from falling. She was truly a sorry sight, a broken creature who was more dead than alive.

Adura’s mind was drifting, hardly aware of the snow that tripped her, the intense cold that bit through her malnourished coat, even the pegasus that moved beside her. Instead she saw flaming swords, beautiful men and women draped in white, wings of the same color beating as some took to the air. A man in black fighting fiercely, laughing at the warriors of light, wings dark and broken. Ropes made of magic had been looped around her neck, holding her docile until the dark one fell, mortally wounded.

A harsh scream ripped from the throat of the lady, too lost in the memory to understand that the battle was over, that there was nothing more she could do. She half reared, jerking her neck forward, fighting bonds that were no longer there. Hooves returned to the ground and trampled the snow into a slush, struggling and agitated until she fell. The shock of impact brought her back to the present, back to a body that was too weak to allow such exertions.

Ashamed, she tried to rise, but she didn’t have the strength and was forced to remain as she was. A brief glance was directed to the one who had brought her here before she turned her head away. What must he think of her, fighting phantoms? Perhaps this time he would leave her to be another victim of Frostfall, tired of babysitting a mare who could not tell fantasy from truth. Adura would not blame him if he did, for he had been far kinder to her than she felt she deserved. She did not wish to die, the flame of self-preservation having been rekindled, but without assistance the unicorn would not survive.

OOC:
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR

And you swear I'm hard to lay beside

She was a fragile piece of work; her artist obviously took a lot of time to craft such small features on such a delicate canvas. Against my side, she was so slight, almost as if she would float away at any moment, it was almost frightening. Moving into the Edge made me breath a sight of relief because I knew that here I would be able to provide her my support and attention fully. She extended her empty hands to me and I intended to fill them… in any way that I felt appropriate. Pulling away from her now, I moved around her to inspect just what I had to work with. Her whole body had dulled from any real color and her hips strained against her flesh in a sickening way. With a little care and a few months of recuperation, she would shine once more and I would make her recognize her own beauty. I intended to bring her back to life.

You must eat, drink, and rest. Perhaps when you’ve done all three, you’ll feel a bit better. Then I will be able to show you around the parts of the land that I’ve come to know in the short time I’ve resided here.” Nudge her towards a nearby stream, I moved once more to her flank in order to allow her my support. Ahead of me, I knew that I would be spending a great amount of time caring for such a child-like creature, at least until she was strong enough to take care of herself. Right now however, she needed a friend more than anything and I wanted to provide her all of these things. The shadows in my heart had subsided and allowed the light to shine in. I felt calm and peaceful in her company, despite the constant worry of her health.

I’ve yet to formally introduce myself my dear; I’m Thor, Apprentice Protector of the World’s Edge. I’m afraid that I won’t be able to show you much in the way of the land because I’ve only yet been able to call it home for a short while. But perhaps when you’re well enough we can explore them together.” When I had reached the stream, I dipped my massive face to the cool surface and drank until my gut had frozen with icy waters. I wanted her to drink as well, but was fully understanding if she was not yet ready. Dying weeds were sparsely littered along the bank and I reached down to nibble a small bit of the bitter foliage. I was hoping that if I were to do so, this small white dove would follow suit. However, once I felt content, I let my thoughts take over such a rigid need to care for this small, pale, mare. I wondered what exactly had led her to this state and why she had just simply let go. I didn’t want to prod but my curiosity had finally won over and the words could no longer sit to bubble and burst in my throat.

If you don’t mind my asking… I was wondering what had pushed such a beauty as yourself to such extremes? I just feel that should I remain at your side, I might know a few things about you… that is, if you feel it is something you are able to discuss.” I rested my cool, brown gaze on her now. I was hoping that I ad not upset her by being so persistent and forward, but I had never come across the likes of death in such mortal form. I only wanted to be aware of what had pushed the devil’s desires upon such a godly creature.

Unregistered

Adura

She was standing, she realized with a jolt. The fight, the fall, the struggle to rise, all in her head, memory mixed with delusion. The bay stepped from her side, and a feeling of abandonment set in before she realized he was not truly leaving, just getting a better look at her emancipated figure. She trembled, a combination of weakness and cold, looking so utterly alone and forlorn that it must appear heartbreaking. Gold-flecked blue moved up to the empty sky above, seeking solace that refused to come. The mythical fae had come from a land of angels, but none flew down to offer her comfort. No divine light broke through the clouds to gently wrap her in warmth and love. Just heavy masses of gray that promised nothing but more misery.

“You must eat, drink, and rest.” The words slipped into her consciousness, an order, though a soft one. This was good, she knew how to obey. More words were coming, but she only heard pieces, “feel a bit better…show you around.” Enough to understand what the pegasus wished her to do. He came back to her, allowing her to lean on him once again as he guided her to a stream, or so she thought, for the sound of running water was growing closer, and she could faintly see the silvery movement that only flowing liquids possessed.

As they neared the stream, he introduced himself. She hadn’t even noticed that he had not before, and neither had she. Manners had been the last thing on her grieving mind, for after all who needed a name when they were alone and dying? Thor, as he called himself, told her that he was an apprentice protector, whatever that meant. Was that why he had taken her under his care, because he was tasked with protection? World’s Edge was another unfamiliar term, though it sounded like a location. Was that where they were now? It certainly felt like it could be the edge of the world, so cold and bleak. She had never encountered cold such as this, never felt the gentle kiss of snowflakes drifting down onto her back. It was always warm in Paradise, the grass always green and the trees covered in leaves year-round. Yes, this must be the World’s Edge. She was being rude, not offering her own moniker, and so she let her soft, cracked voice tell him. “Adura.

The creek was now but a foot in front of her, and thirst raged up from its earlier dormancy. When the large steed brought his muzzle to the water and drank, so did she, small delicate sips. The icy cold liquid hit her empty stomach like a savage kick, but she forced down enough to soothe the parched tissue of her throat, knowing it was something she needed to do, no matter how unpleasant.

When he began to graze, she hesitated. Was she allowed to eat too? He had said she needed to before, hadn’t he? Tentatively she bit through a brown stalk, watching Thor for any negative reactions. None came, and she nibbled for a few minutes, grimacing at the bitter taste. Even the water had carried a strange tang to it, flavored by minerals it picked up from the surrounding rocks. A far cry from the pools she had once drunk from and the lush green carpet that invited one to stop for a taste of sweetness. More memories called to her, carefree days spent in the shade of springtime forests. Birds singing from every tree. Deer flitting through the trees, young fawns gamboling about their mothers without fear of being hunted. The occasional maiden, searching for a glimpse of her, staring in absolute wonder should she grace them with an appearance. She missed her home, the unappetizing weeds tasting like ash in her mouth. The mare ceased feeding, suddenly listless.

Bay lord was speaking again anyway, asking questions she must reply to, even if only with a single word. How was she to explain her loss to this stranger, no matter how kind he was? Tell someone who knew nothing of Heaven what it was like to walk among it’s radiant inhabitants? Unable to find a way to pour out the entire tale, she kept things simple, a story she knew he would understand. “I…Someone was killed, someone I was very close to, and I let it happen.” A poor summary, lacking so many important details, but it was a start.

OOC:
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

THOR

Nonexistent promises lingered on my tongue, bubbling like embers that felt all too hot against my teeth. The world around me shifted and swayed as the wintry breeze began to chill me to the core. Darkness reflected across the stream as the sun began to descend from the sky. The dim orange light was frosted with my breath as I gazed out and over the cliff, bitter and troubled with frustrations that were yet unnamed. Bring me to heaven and I should shine, but in this hell, I shall burn. At my side, an angel merges faithfully into the background, her pain evident on her lips. It was a connection that had brought us together, one that had broken her body and one that had broken my soul. Wistful glances were passed between us and I let the silence remain, comfort for our wounds as the shattered pieces lie lifelessly across the stage. The light from the sun danced along us, cheerily laughing as it pulled back the quilt for a full night’s rest, one I should not experience for a while. I doubted this small creature would find peace behind closed eyes either.

Whatever haunted my troubled mind was unreachable in my subconscious, infecting my otherwise tender nature. I longed for a lightness that would spread over my face and body, engulfing me in a warm surrender to the glimmering happiness of the day. But night was ever pressing upon my heart and darkness filled me with unwavering anxiety. I glanced once more at Adura, as she had finally named herself. She was so hesitant and pure that part of me wanted to tell her to hush, to forgive, to forget, whatever it took to break this malignant hold of her spirits. Sorrow would not bring her a new hunger for life, however, a likeness to her had caused me to bite my bitter tongue. I wanted to tell her to wake up, breath in the cold air of tomorrow and live for the days ahead and not for the ones already gone.

Dipping my head once again to the stark grasses, I chewed numbly beside my new companion, eager to find solace in the possibility of a routine such as this. Such an ordinary existence would no doubt bring me the stability I have so longed for, but I knew that I should find insanity stirring in the crevices of such a dull way of being. But if it were to mend these scattered thoughts, maybe I could forget them altogether.

As I began to lose myself in thoughts of wanting, of pain, of desires, of anything other than my present company, I was suddenly freed from the colorful surreal and brought back to a shaded reality. “Surely this was no fault of your own. After all, the Gods have a plan for every creature on this great planet. Do not blame yourself for something that you have no apparent control over…” There was a truth to my words that I had found not only applied to Adura, but to myself as well. If only I had the strength to believe myself as I thought she should.

[W/C: 529]

Unregistered

Adura

The sun slowly sank behind the horizon, and Adura watched it with a mixture of longing and fear. She wanted to rear, call out, plead with the solar fire to stay. Please don’t leave me in the dark. It was a childish wish, but in many ways the mare was a child, despite her age. Before, she had never felt the cruel bitterness of loss, the sharp pangs of hunger, the freezing touch of winter. Her life had been peaceful, and she had been content to roam her forest and protect its animals from harm. Everything had changed when she had stumbled upon a deep stone complex and allowed her curiosity to lure her through the earthen caverns to the imprisoned fallen. She knew now that she should never have freed him, but at the time it had seemed the only thing to do. Why he was chained to rock in a forgotten cave had been of no concern to her, had not even crossed her mind. She had seen a creature in pain, and so had done her best to cure it.

Thor possessed a similar ailment, though perhaps she only imagined it. Still, he too longed for the sun to return, and she thought she could see the same quiet desperation in his eyes that had haunted Azazel. That trapped, hopeless expression pulled her to his side as he grazed, gently resting her delicate crown upon his back in silent sympathy, muzzle softly skimming over his too-small wings. Have my light, Lord, as dim as it may be. Take it and allow it to shine upon this forlorn pegasus, for he deserves it far more than I. The night pressed in around her, constricting her lungs, yet the selfless dove wished only to offer comfort to Thor, even if it meant losing herself in the blackness that wrapped around her in a chilling blanket.

Nothing happened. None of her prayers had been answered, not since her banishment. I am not worthy, for rage clouded my eyes and I attacked His divine warriors in order to save the damned. Her magic, too, had been stripped, the healing and purifying abilities that marked her as one of Heaven’s favored creatures taken from her the moment her golden horn touched a soldier of light. But she still had herself, and so she remained next to the stallion and hoped her mere presence might soothe him. It was the only thing she had left, but if Thor found even the slightest shard of peace in it then she would keep close to him, allowing him to take from her as needed, for self sacrifice was in her nature if it could help keep another from falling.

His voice flowed after an infinity of silence that had truly lasted only a few moments. Granting her forgiveness if only she would believe. Meant to ease her mind and take the heavy load of blame off her shoulders, to cast the guilt away into the ocean of acceptance. But acceptance lead to forgetting, the snow shaded fae refused to forget her sins. For if she did not remember what she had done wrong, how was she to keep from doing it again? Fallen she may be –just like Azazel, her mind whispered – but she was a remorseful atoner, ready to throw herself at her Lord’s mercy if only he would have her. A word stuck out in the speech however, a word that sliced it’s way into her awareness like one of the flaming swords the righteous ones carried. Gods. A blasphemous word, used only by heathens. Yet, perhaps it was true that more than one god resided in this land she knew nothing of. Traces of panic laced themselves through her veins, for how was she to survive in a world of pagans? Nothing was familiar here, and she was defenseless against the deities that ruled the edge of the world. She knew not how to honor them, even who they were, or if they would look kindly upon a broken unicorn so far away from her own distant realm where only one God looked after His kingdom. Fine tremors racked her skeletal bodice as she stepped away from Thor, not wishing to accidentally bring any divine wrath down on him.

OOC:
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

THOR

As the sun sank, the small mare seemed to grow tense and this made me worry. Her longing gaze was cast towards the sun as if it held her redemption and the sight brought a pang of sympathy to my chest. I came to her side now, brushing flesh against bone and it was an agonizing feeling. “Perhaps we could watch the sun go down together… and then I should help to find you shelter for the night, as the temperature will drop into a painful freeze.” I rested a thoughtful gaze upon her face and I wondered what I could do for her. I wanted to help nurse her back to health and I felt a deep connection to the broken creature. I wasn’t sure what kept me at her side but I vowed to remain there until she was restored.

Her soft touch was something that caused me exquisite joy. It was so utterly unexpected and forlorn that it made my skin bristle with pleasure. I turned to gaze at her and her beauty was nearly stunning as images of what she had once been danced through my head. I was sure that at one time her heart had been full with life and with a love for such existence. Her eyes still burned with a fire that I envied and I knew that she was not yet destroyed and this made me reach out to her. Pushing my muzzle against her own, I promised to keep her well until she was strong enough to decide whether my company was to her likeness. Do not worry angel, I will ward away the devil’s desires and give you safety until your return to heaven. She was certainly an angelic creature and I could only ponder what blessing had brought me to her side.

The sun was setting now over the horizon and the nightlife was awakening to call out to one another, echoes in the Edge that sounding haunting and yet beautiful. However, this did not calm me, instead I became tense. I felt my sovereign nature being threatened due to the ivory treasure still clinging to my flanks. I had no warmth to offer other than my own and I had no way of asking her to move to another location in such a weakened state and so I stretched my desolate wings across her, these shrunken reminders of flights that I would never take, air I would never breathe and the land that I would never be freed of. I longed to taste the clouds upon my tongue and feel the rays of the sun upon my soaring back, but these delights were only recognized by those who were capable. This made me lower my face towards the ground that I was forever rooted, rage and bitterness filling my lungs with molten fire that licked up my sides and coated my throat with ash. What had I done to deserve such a disorder, such a disease, such a deformity… I only asked for light to guide these feelings of pain away until I could nurse my selfish vanities in isolation.

A deep feeling of loss brought frozen terror into my stomach as Adura moved from my side. Her wishes were her own, but this broken heart could not relish such a decision. I perched widened eyes upon her now, confusion evident in my face as she turned away. She would not know this hurt that I harbored simply because I would not let it show. If she chose to abandon me, I could not refuse because it was not in my nature to do such a thing. She shook in the cold and I had not the heart to move once again closer, merely struggling with my colliding desires; one pushing me to her and one pressing me away. “If I have done something to offend… I could leave your company if so desired.” Looking away now, the shadows of the night seemed to drift closer, fear grasping my heart as it did every night. Screams built in my throat, pushing and clawing their way to the surface and still no sound became of them. It was silent illness that I suffered and I knew that she knew of such ailments, but I would not press her any further. I prayed once more for the light to invade me, make me whole, and yet the darkness filled me, stripping all goodness from my soul as all the color had been stripped of the earth to welcome the wintry cold.

[W/C: 761]

Unregistered

Adura

Confusion filled his expression at her withdrawal, and she is sorry if it has hurt him. She bears him no ill will, only the altruistic love that she gives to all she encounters. Yet she knows gods can be territorial, striking down any who do not please them, and to bring that anger upon Thor would be more than the dove could bear. Still, she feels her actions to be cruel when he speaks, sounding so lost that she instinctively returns to him, reaching out in reassurance. “No, there is no need to depart. It’s just… your gods may not be happy with me.”

A memory is pushing at her, and reluctantly she allows it access to her consciousness. Daylight shines down through the green trees, dappling her coat with shade and sun. A figure in black is striding through the forest ahead of her, and her heart constricts at the sight of him alive and well, even if this is only a recollection of past events. He is speaking, more from habit than any intent to connect with the shining mare behind him, and as always she had listened with rapt attention to his foreign tales. “There’s more out there than this. Other lands, other gods. Take the Norse pantheon for example. Great lot they are, even if they do have some weird ideas. Say the end of the world’s gonna come after three years of cold. Anyway, there’s a whole bunch of ‘em. Odin, he’s the leader of that lot. Loki, he’s a great bloke, always ready to shake up the order of things. Thor, Freya, Baldur, Idunn, you’d probably like her. Point is that our creator ain’t the only one, he just wants ya to think that.” The lesson had continued, but Adura was shaking the moment away, having something much more pressing to think of in the present.

She looks at the pegasus with new interest, this creature with the same name as a god who resides in a land of multiple deities. Is it possible that he is the thunder lord, not just given the same identity? What could he possibly want with a lowly beast such as her? And what could bring that haunted look to his eyes? “…the end of the world’s gonna come after three years of cold.” It certainly is cold now, and he himself had called this the World’s Edge. Could it be that his world was dying? It would be a cause for such a forlorn expression, and she suddenly feels petty for mourning the loss of one angel while he awaits the loss of everything.

“I am sorry.” It seems so inadequate, but she cannot think of what else to say. What words could she offer to this desolate god? Nothing would stop the end –Ragnarok if she is remembering correctly– nothing she can do will stop the violent war that will destroy all but two humans. She can stay with him though, for her presence seems to calm his inner turmoil slightly, and it is all she has to offer this monarch who has taken her under his protection.

His small black wings draw her gaze, and she has to wonder if he too has lost the favor of his superiors, another heavenborn fallen to earth for some displeasing act. She does not know why she is drawn to the dark beings, those deemed unworthy to continue their lives in the clouds, but it would seem that she is. He had said there was a plan for all creatures, was this the path she was to follow? Accompanying the forsaken as they roamed a realm full of suffering did not seem such a bad task, not if she possessed the ability to give them a bit of peace. Softly as the snow that falls around them, her muzzle touches his neck, hoping she is not being too bold. “It must be so difficult, walking this earth alone.”

OOC:
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

THOR

Like a crumpled piece of paper, she shuttered in the wind, it wouldn’t take much until she was blown away with the breeze and I should never see her face again. The way she moved and the way she spoke made me think of graceful dancers, that is until I laced my gaze upon her, so sullen and disgraced. Her words were self-reprimanding and dark as if she had come from the pits of hell, but I knew better. She was no minion to Lucifer and there was no reason for her to think of herself as such. “The Gods are forgiving should you seek repentance.” Whatever haunted her seemed to engross her and disturb her so much that it made me want to welcome her to my embrace and hold her there until she had forgiven herself. I wanted to make her move on and return to bright star I had imaged she once was.

As she turned away from me, she looked like she had been eclipsed into another dimension, clearly fantasizing about the past as I have learned she often does. Sidling closer once again, I nudge her softly and urge her to return to my presence, as cold and unsavory as it might be. It must be harsh to live in such a bright wonderland only to be dragged back to the hell that now damns her to Helovia and this feeble body that seems to be dying more every day. “There is no need to be sorry my love, for there is nothing that you’ve done that cannot be forgiven. I’ve no need to be alone with you at my side and I only wish for you to remain there whether in health or sickness. Your company is surely something I value and should you ever wish to share your demons, I would want to carry them with you.” My heart was heavy with grief for this angel and I could not bring myself to speak ill of her transgressions. I only wanted her to heal and believe again and hopefully at my side she would learnt o do just that.

Should you close your eyes, I will be the light shining behind them.

[Ooc: This was so short because I’m ill but the next will be better, I promise.]

Unregistered

Adura

The shattered divinity remains gentle and comforting, and so slowly the dove relaxes in his presence. There are no demands to fulfill, no air of expectance or disapproval, and that is a blessing of its own. It seems that lately the lady had been forced to obey the desires of another being, and after that her own grief-stricken mind had taken control, driving her through this land that alternated darkness and blinding light, with no purpose but to fade away.

What a pair they make, she muses. An angelic unicorn cast from Paradise, and the pegasus god banished from Asgard. It is ironic, in a way, how they have banded together despite their different legacies. She will give him her company, and he will grant her his strength, and they will find a way to survive in this mist-shrouded place until being accepted back to their separate homes. Or so she hopes. A silent prayer is sent to the starry dome above, to whoever may be listening, her God or his family, or perhaps a different set altogether.

Fatigue is taking over now, pulling at her with an insistence that is impossible to ignore. She has travelled far today, through deep snow and in a weakened condition. It has become a great effort to remain standing, and so slender legs fold, lowering her slight bodice to the ground. The snow wraps cold arms around her, a frigid embrace that reminds her of her frailty. There is a hunger to the winter, devouring all it can catch, leeching away vital warmth while promising to bring silence and peace. She contemplates giving in, tempted to allow the snow to coat her and steal the cruel memories, becoming a beautiful sculpture rather than a breathing myth. Yet the thought of leaving Thor to suffer in solitude again makes her heart ache, and she knows that she will disappoint the harsh season. Ocean eyes close as she drifts, and soon the sylph is asleep, repose smoothing away the sorrow that previously marked her delicate face and replacing it with innocence.

OOC: It's fine. Hope you feel better soon.
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

THOR

Don't want to let you down, But I am hell bound..

My eyes begin to grow heavy as the cold frosts them with an icy glaze, and I find the peaceful atmosphere of the edge has made it hard to ignore the ageless beauty of such a place. Adura seems to be shifting by my side and I am helpless to her cause because I am unsure of what to do for her, other than let her rest. Her eyes grow heavy now, sleep becoming an imminent notion as I watch her fade. It’s as if the stars in her pupils are beginning to burst one by one, leaving the galaxy of her demeanor in a heavy darkness. I do not hold her from it and simply watch her as she folds into herself against the snowy ground. Her relaxed features let me know that she has gone away to another realm entirely as the tension that I had formerly seen infecting her weakened tenement dull and soften into the recesses of her body.

However, while I knew that the days ahead would be hard for both of us and I knew that I needed to start training as a would-be medic, I couldn’t leave. Something in my heart felt drawn to her side, so frail and listless and ultimately heartbreaking. I gave it all up; all of my aspirations and desires to begin my life and laid them at her will. If she needed my guidance, I would lead her and with this thought, I began to fold my legs beneath me which would later prove to be a feat for a horse of my size. With a weary groan, I lowered myself beside her, extending what little wings and warmth I had to offer. She had already transferred herself to a dreamland somewhere far from Helovia and as I stretch my neck to cover her own, I whispered lightly into her ear. “I will not leave, should you ask me to stay.” And at that, I closed my eyes, inviting sleep for the first time in ages.

[W/C: 338]

Unregistered

Adura

Drifting, dreamless sleep slowly gives way to waking hours later. Awareness gently, but insistently, rises like water, impressions followed by groggy, but coherent, thoughts. The cold is the first thing to be noticed, second the feel of the pegasus beside her, though in her dazed state she mistakes fantasy for reality. The wing resting over her back is comforting, as is the thought that it is her demon angel laying at her side. Why is it so cold? Wouldn’t he have built a fire to heat the night? His body also registers as incorrect, far too large for the figure of a man. She is puzzled, until the memories of the last several days rush back into her consciousness.

It is not her beloved dark companion that shares warmth with her, but Thor. Loss screams inside her frail body, misery ripping into her with blunt claws. The winged horse is not the one her heart yearns for, not the fallen who she had followed devotedly for years. Crippling disappointment wraps around her lungs and steals breath, brings a sheen of tears over lapis blue eyes before a stern mental voice sounds. Do not be so ungrateful. You are no longer alone, and the one who has found you wishes you nothing but good. It is better that you have parted from the angel. Harsh, but she knows that the voice has spoken only the truth. Stinging and cruel, but truth.

She still misses the broken-winged lord though, and takes a moment to mourn before forcing her mind to her surroundings. The sun has risen, though not much, and is obscured by a thick blanket of clouds and mist. The sky shimmers a pearlescent gray, beautiful in a gloomy way, and ever so faintly streaked with veins of gold. She allows the softly painted canvas to enrapture her, tracing patterns and shapes among the soothing colors, finding tiny details that add a subtle magnificence to the entire mass. It is a comfort, to lose herself in something much bigger, to melt into a trance of idle fascination.

Here, there are no thoughts of death or life, only distant existence.

OOC: That would be great, thanks!

Ailith Posts: 47
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.0 HH :: 8
Adoptable
OOC; I'll just post in the new thread so we can close this one. <3

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
Link to new thread for you
^^