the Rift

[OPEN] in the undertow

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

Their children will learn to hope for a Caesar.

Duir happily bounded alongside me, our bodies sweeping down the banks of the river and southward; I have to stall my long legged canter, a hesitant, floating grace to the movements that allow the fawn to keep pace with me.  I’d otherwise have dusted him if I was trying, though I did have to admit he as quite a lot faster than he had been a couple of weeks ago.  His muscles are evident through his thick, downy coat, stringy but strong.  I hadn’t looked very different as a child, either, and so I keep pushing him, knowing that he’ll get stronger, and stronger, until maybe he could keep up with me, even if I was trying.

The weird canter pulls on muscles along my body that aren’t usually worked so hard at a full tilt, anyway, so maybe it’s beneficial.  Besides, who uses their ultimate speed during a fight?  Those times called for a bit more finesse than hauling ass seemed to require, and I’m sort of out of commission as a fighter until Duir gets older.  I won’t be like the others I’ve seen with very young companions in the midst of battle – friendly spar or not.  We would train in the meantime, each of us gaining strength and skill, until no opponent could defeat us. 

Besides, neither of my parents had ever truly fought another in front of me (unless you count the wolves), and so I would return those blessings to the buck alongside me.  It was one of the few things I could be grateful to mother for, other than sharing her stories with me.

They call it, “innocence.”  Not that I don’t do other things to corrupt it, but I’m really trying for once to not be the crass, adventurous nitwit I have been before.  Almost dying has nothing to do with it, either.  There is absolutely no reason I’m skirting the desert on the opposite side of the river to the Throat other than that I want to.

The remaining marks that the Wildfire had left behind begin itching, as if to twitter in laughter at me for being afraid.

My hooves drive harder into the ground, the emotional bond between us immediately translating the intense sense of anger and shame that strikes me; Duir’s compassionate heart draws his little cloven hooves to a still, emerald eyes questioning as he almost bounces in place.  Drawing down on my haunches, I slide and pull about to face him, ears almost back, but not quite, the lightning struck buck’s worried emotional hum conflicting with the hard, bristling ones that course through me.  I snort, golden eyes narrowed, crown lowering as my haunches punch out behind me aggressively.

Duir watches it all with quiet patience, a Saint.  He feels the fear more strongly through the resonant chord of my heart, and, having not been present for the events that inspired the twisting, bending turmoil in me, is concerned.  It’s evident in the soft fold of his upper lids, how they are ever so slightly narrowed, as if he could see the thoughts tormenting me on my skin; his heart throbs with worry, confusion, and a faint trace of annoyance.

Probably at my petulance as my bucks stall into an uneasy stillness, mane seven kinds of disarray, shining white gold mirror and its chain of metallic loops ensnared in the locks.  It’s been that way a few days now, and all my wildness doesn’t help; before long, it’ll likely be so tangled that getting out will be a hopeless endeavor.  A heavy huff of hot air escapes me as my molten eyes meet with Duir’s forest calm, my left hind driving violently into the ground under me.

"What?" I ask him sourly, earning a rise of his eyebrows and a snort that almost says, geez asshole, who pissed in your clover?  The flux of emotion rising from him heightens in the annoyance factor.

He’s learned all these foul words from me (though he can't say them yet, the sarcasm drips from the sudden tilt of his ears and the harsh light which rises in his usually gentle gaze).  

Maybe I should be ashamed that I imagine my wild boy's tongue has passed on to my fawn.

Instead, I think I’ll be proud.

[ OOC: My opening threads are always so weird - apologies!  We are en route to the Veins,  southward along the western side of the river running through the Thistle Meadow. :D  I figure we shall start here to get greetings and such out of the way before we go the Veins and ask for Moony face <3 ]

@Ming Yue

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Ming Yue Posts: 36
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 :: Ages in Frostfall
Danjah

Ming Yue

Ming Yue stepped foot in the Thistle Meadow once more, she remembered its beautiful scenery like it was yesterday. But Birdsong created something more beautiful about it, and further still there was no sign of water to cling to her starried bodice.

Within her own brain she was aflood with the memories that had come with stepping inside this part of Helovia. She was a Basiner but she had not acted like one, not for a long time and it ashamed her. Ming had no duties with which she could be part of, and since her encounter with... Maren... she had had little in ways of desires to speak to another. But soon she was brought out of her conscious coma through the noise of daggers against the ground nearby. Her beautiful cranium rose up high, stretching her neck as her pools looked out to the world in search of what was making the noise, or who. It had been too long since she had come into contact with another and she suddenly felt almost eager to be a part of another conversation.

With little focus on what had created the noise she started to pick her way through the long, dry grass towards the direction she had first heard the noise, completely unaware of which direction it had gone. Insisting that she pick up further, her pillars decided to go further and further until she was soon cantering across the vast landscape of the Meadow, and without delay was gifted with a sight for sore eyes: Rikyn.

There he was, her saviour when she was a pure Riftian, starving and dying. The handsome brute had saved her and helped give her a place of refuge and now she was able to see him once more. Her heart almost gave a flutter, for he was a true gentleman in her own strange attitude. She called out with what seemed like a squeak, before shouting further and in a deeper voice,
"Rikyn, friend!" Ming hoped so dearly that she would hear amongst his childish ways of bucking, an action that gave her reason to smile at him. Rikyn...

" . "

@Rikyn 
I'VE MISSED YOU AND RIKYN AHHH :D Ming's gonna be pretty loved up with seeing him again, I'm so sorry this post is so bad! <3

Please tag Ming Yue in all threads! ♥

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

Girl noises draw my head up; boys don’t usually make shrill sounds like that, all fringed in giddiness. It’s a sound that came from Xynia’s lips when I surprised her, or when she had really interesting news, and the thought of one princess as I look up to find another is somewhat… satisfying. She does not approach me, casting only the soft smell of her winter homeland, and the deeper, resonate perfume that is her in my direction. The scent that had clung to me for days beyond our parting, reminding me over and over again of the nearly starved angel I’d plucked from the battle torn red forest; I’d been forced to carry her home, but when she says my name, striking to life memories of the previous times this woman has said it, I do not think I’d have to carry her now.

It takes me only a split second to recognize her, knowing no others so delicately splashed in lapis, embedded among rich velvet black. Her face, still sweeping and gentle, wears a smile that I quickly mimic, and I quickly close the distance between us.

"Ming Yue!" I call to her with warmth tinged by the very sight of her grace. It’s peculiar to see her again in her full beauty, not muddled by the touch of death, and while I’d always thought she was pretty, I can’t help but drink it in as I approach, even after I’ve stopped to greet her, coffee muzzle reaching outwards to breathe the sweet mountain clover of her breath.

The greeting of friends, of intimacy; unlike when I greet a stranger, the approach is eager and open, the fear of her reaching out and biting my nose pretty well naught. Duir hovers behind me, anxiously, not really liking the open friendliness with which I greet her; we haven't run into many since he was born, and they've mostly been strangers.

"You look beautiful," I announce without much bashfulness, a prince raised by his mother, and unafraid to say the things women like to hear – besides, it’s true. She looks good, especially when compared to the last time I’d seen her at the Basin. "It is good to see you again, especially in such good health."

[ OOC: Switching tables 'cause I haven't got to use this one yet and its so cute! <3 Also weeeeee I am super excited too! Have been looking forward to getting to reply to this thread all week lol. ]

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Outcast
Danjah

Ming Yue

Ming spotted Rikyn's head checking out the direction of her voice with his handsome young cranium etched right at her. He made this noise that drifted along the air to her and she giggled slightly, in her sweet yet low voice that was so smooth. It had been so long she had seen the brute that had helped give her sanctuary in the Basin and now she would be able to thank him properly. It was in another time that everything had happened but his recognition of her showed that she had not been forgotten. He had remembered her.

Rikyn called back to the unnaturally splashed fae with genuine warmth and delight at the sight of her, and she smiled back so eagerly, awaiting his presence to be so much closer. His daggers clattered against the soft ground of the Meadow towards her and Ming Yue's lobes focussed on him, pricked. Her fiery pools were focussed on him, too, scanning his whole bodice in appreciation of how healthy he looked.

"You look beautiful, it is good to see you again, especially in such health."

Ming's skull tipped down in an awkward embarrassing gesture at his words, having never been called 'beautiful' before it was a first. And his voice came across so genuine that she no choice but to smile with her velveteens spread so wide before she spoke to him,
"Rikyn, as ever the kindest man I've met!" Her movement swayed her closer to him and she playfully went to nip his shoulder, "It is so good to see you again too. And I am only in good health thanks to you, so for that I am eternally grateful." Ming Yue's pools showed the same admiration and adoration for the brute as her tone, and she felt compelled to stay with her friend for as long as she could in this place. She felt so comfortable with Rikyn, the dark prince that saved her, perhaps more comfortable than with anybody else she had met before...

" . "

@Rikyn
[I hope I have the same table as before haha I really must mark them in my documents xD But don't worry about that 'cos YOUR TABLE IS SO DAMN CUTEEE <333]

Playfully, as I’ve come to notice a lot of women do most things, she dances around before me, her soft lips kissing my exposed shoulder (the other covered in armor). There is a genuine delight to the meeting that I find infectious, and soon, even my bashful fawn is peeking around my ass to get good look at the girl who is so happy to see me.

I’m already smiling and in good humor, feeling an odd rush race down my entire body at the touch of her mouth to my skin. I’ve come to associate this feeling with girls, but there is something quite vibrant about this particular experience that may lend to the idea that she likes me, too. It’s a peculiar thought that I mentally poke and prod at, even when her words inspire bashfulness – something I didn’t even know I could feel.

The blood rushes hot and swiftly the skin in my face, chest, and neck, leaving them chock full of my life fluid, and my whole upper half feeling as if I’d just swung to a wild halt from the maddest forward dash I’ve ever run. The way she’s made me feel is obvious in the partial splay of my ears to the side, and the awkward, foolish grin that makes its way to my lips; however, I’m getting ever so slightly better at concealing the whims of my heart and mind, and hope that, maybe, she won’t notice my moment of being less-than-Knightly.

I hold her ember eyes within my own for a moment. Duir butts his knobby, horned head against my hind to remind me to say something.

"It was nothing. The very least I could do for someone as special as you," I say, falsely dismissing the complements (really I like them, a lot), lifting my head proudly in the gesture. Stepping forward to nip her lightly (and awkwardly) along the ridge of her shoulder, where it sloped into the gentle curves of her neck, stalling while I come up with something else to say. "Have you had much time to venture beyond the Basin? I was just on my way to the shrines, to pray to the Moon for some truths about this mirror."

It’s tangled in my mane, horribly so, but then again, so are numerous twigs, leaf remnants, burrs, and various other woodland articles; I turn my head ever so slightly to allow the black glass and silvery gold to flash in the sunlight. My mother would probably pass out at the sight of her son being so careless about his appearance, demanding I detangle the mass of black hair immediately to reveal the shining, waved lengths of mane that my lineage had blessed me with. She would assume it was dirty, even though I bathed just yesterday in the river.

"It’s quite the place," I continue, smiling at Ming Yue with absolute hope that she says yes, that our afternoon together could stretch into the evening, and maybe beyond that. Duir looks up curiously at the sensation of loneliness reaching into my heart, a feeling which I normally am capable of casting aside, until at last I have company – and the subsequent worry of when that company will go home, leaving me to myself again. "It's also a ways off, so I understand if you'd rather not."

Image by TheArtlex@DA

@Ming Yue

Wishlist - Plots

Outcast
Danjah

Ming Yue

The young brute allowed her to spread her grateful affection over his bare shoulder, her mud-speckled velveteens against his dark-mud coat. For someone who was usually so calm in the presence of any creature, nevermind a handsome brute, there was no prediction that Ming Yue could make as to what she would find herself doing or any excuse for what she did when it came to the childish display she put on for Rikyn. But the multi-toned fae didn't care, for she was in the company of a friend.

Ming Yue felt a sensation overcome Rikyn's bodice as she let herself come into contact with him, and she felt the same sort of buzz. His smile was one to give her the impression that she was in good stead to remain so close to him, her fiery pools eminating the same pleasure she had of being in his company. Her whole bodice was relaxed from cranium to dagger, the feeling of the muscles out of their tense shells a weight off her brain. She felt like this was where she belonged, more than the Basin itself. And as their orbs locked for just that moment she let this little secret out of the bag, the emotions dancing within her specked pools.

And then he spoke, the brute's soft words so kind on her lobes that she swayed her skull away for a second to try and contain a very calm blush over her pretty skull. She replied back with a light smile, the emotion much more in her tone than anything else,
"You were kind then, and you are kind now," and she embraced the little nip that Rikyn landed on her shoulder, the sensation fizzing deep within her lobes and bottoms of her daggers as he did so. In the moment she too moved her skull to nip his darkened lobes in an almost flirtatious response before he spoke once more. An invitation out of the Basin? Ming Yue jumped at the chance! A tiny bounce rose her up just a few centimetres from the ground, her muscles underneath the feminine bodice rippling with the thought of accompanying Rikyn there. She had never been to the Shrines (she believes), and this was too good to pass up. She replied with her pools staring into his handsome face, "I haven't ventured out very much, if truth be told. But I would love a little adventure!" Ming had paid little attention to the reason until now, noticing the glint of the mirror that he spoke of, tangled up in his tassles along with a few artefacts from the woodland and she chuckled slightly. It wasn't everyday that she saw a creature use their hairy assets as a storage pod. But his untangling of some of the strands allowed her to see the mirror further, and it was enticing to see that underneath the outer tangled core, their was shining waved mane tassles draped in charcoal hues.

Rikyn continued, his little addition to the Shrines' description giving her only the more reason to come with him, and she noticed that his little companion was actually hiding behind his rump. She peeked around for a moment to take a look with her friendly pools before then reaching her skull back up to his height and then further speaking about its distance. Ming's tassles waved about as she shook her cranium with a beautiful smile, replying, "You've already sold it to me, Rikyn, I would love to come with you. And I think the longer the journey, the better, I need to get out of here!" Ming's desire to move was concrete, and she didn't want to leave the company of Rikyn just yet...

" . "

@Rikyn [I'm so sorry, I've been on holiday!]

Our greeting is pleasant, her coy expression cast sidelong and her words warm and soft. Her lips kiss along the tips and base of my ears, making them flush with heat, and flick a few times; inside, part of me yearns to grab her, press my nose into the dark strands of her hair, grasp roughly every inch of her in covetous need… Instead I let the ridges of my horn press and touch for me, a brush against her neck as she bestows her gentle touches, the warmth of her breath flooding my ears.

Kind, she called me. The bond between Duir’s soul and mine snorts with sarcastic laughter, the buck still positioned awkwardly behind me, almost rolls his eyes at the thought. Still, some of his nervous energy is settling down, and he takes more time to watch us than he does looking for a place to escape if necessary. His uncomfortable hum keeps me from nipping at her cheeks as she pulls away from me, from finding a way to be just a little bit closer to her than I was now.

As we part, she comes to life; unlike the wisp thin creature I’d salvaged from the red wood, this is the queen I’d imagined as we’d walked the long road north. Even when she’d rested in the threshold of Death’s kingdom, she’d been warm, and full of life; it doesn’t surprise me, then, that the notion of adventure excites her.

I smile, a real one, the rarest in all the world.

"Good," is said through a tilted grin, boyish, the light reaching all the way to golden eyes that dance and glimmer.

She takes note of Duir as she continues, her pretty face tilting downwards to peer about my flank at the partially hidden buck. Green and gold eyes widening in surprise to have been at last noticed by what seemed to be a preoccupied lass, he finds he does not know how to react. Most of the unicorns, pegasi, or hybrids we have come across have companions, whom the young fawn finds far easier to associate with than Ming Yue; he has nothing in common with her, and she’s much bigger than he is. With weaponry on her head, and what appear to be dangerous hooves, the fawn is both afraid and amazed at the same time that she looks at him in particular.

So, he does what deer do. He stares, like a statue with slow blinking eyelids. Blankly, his sunlit forest eyes stare back at hers for as long as she wants to look at him, the only parts of him moving those which expand with breath, or are tousled by wind. It seems she’s already noticed his nervous nature (and I’m thankful not to have to explain), continuing with a brilliant smile, casting her perfume through the air with a shake of her delicate crown.

"Such beautiful company! Hopefully the Moon won’t be jealous," I laugh, glancing playfully back at Ming Yue; surely the Moon won’t, but it can’t hurt my cause to compare the ebony and azurite damsel to a Goddess. Lion’s tail flicking behind me once in excitement, and lips curved into an excited grin, I turn about towards the Veins, nudging my buck on the hind in passing, "Come on, Duir."

No sooner are we both on the road than I’m asking her how her time in the Basin has been, whose in charge of what, and if she’s found a particular herd task she’s better at than others. I even tell her some of what I’ve been doing, like fighting Volterra, or Gaucho; I tell her a bit about meeting Duir, too, and he quits trying to hide as much.

Then the landscape evens, warms into an intolerable swelter; the sea around us begins to ripple with static blue and ebony, the path slick and foreign under hoof.

The Veins.

[ OOC: You’re okay! Everyone needs a break from time to time lol. I figure one or two more Ming replies here to wrap up everything, and I’ll start the Veins thread from there. :D:D ]

Image by TheArtlex@DA

Wishlist - Plots