the Rift

[OPEN] Damn islands...

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme

The Engineer had spoken to Maren, and she had been quite a lovely member of the Dragon's Throat. But, their meeting had sort of fallen out, and he was no closer to getting into the damn island. He paced the sand, staring at the island and thinking about swimming, but that would be far too miserable. Ulrik was not a great swimmer, and his body was covered in hair; he would just be weighted down. Why had they made a damn island? Though he was irritated, he had to admit that it was effective.

A bright sun was bearing down on him, and his mind was focused on Essetia. He hadn't spoken to her in far too long, and they had left their meeting rather open. Their passion was obvious, and he knew he wanted to pursue her more thoroughly. It wasn't an easy decision for him to make, but he had made it and now he was determined. Ulrik had no idea that she was pregnant, and he wasn't even sure she was here. He had to try though. Torleik had someone in his life. So did others. He didn't want to be different.

Kirchoff had given up pacing along with Ulrik and settled down on the sand, panting in the heat and sending irritated vibes. As he had gotten very used to doing, Ulrik ignored him, focusing on trying to find someone to let him across the way. Bronze eyes stared across and snorted. Shouldn't someone have seen him by now? By the gods...

The stallion finally paused, sweating a little and taking deep breaths. He waited quietly then, shaking his messy hair over his thick, arched neck. There was no use in tiring himself out anymore; it would take far too long of waiting, he assumed.

(Please tag me in every post)

Misael Posts: 97
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 HH :: 7 years HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Lazarus :: Melanistic Lion :: None ShadowMare
Between two evils, always pick the one you have yet to try

Goddamn, he was sore. His travels, his spars, the beast was worn down. It didn't help that his massive size soaked up every ray of the sun the shined so vibrantly above him, it was just a rather miserable day for the chromed. Miseal decided to stay around the throat for a while, taking a break from Helovia and all it's wilds. After all, there was a meeting to be held, but there were members to recruit, things to be done, and all he wanted to do was relax. Perhaps see his family, oh how he missed them so. His heart clenched at the very thought of his paint splashed beauty and the child that bore his stripes and horns. The chromed was no emotional man, but his duty, his age, had changed him.

Taking slow, sluggish steps, he thinks as he walks the borders of the throat, his eyes closed as his ears listen for the sound of another. It was a rather boring job, but like all things, it had to be done. At least his mind was enough awake to entertain him with thoughts instead of counting the grains that his massive hooves displaced when he stepped forward. The sound of panting whispered into his ears, and the stallion rose his head from it's tired position to one that suggested none--the heat upon his skin drowning away as he glared across the sands. He could see two creatures, a dog of sorts and a ebonite man splattered with some sort of mess of markings and lines that he couldn't quite make out. Striding towards the bridge, the wingless used his key, flaming wings enveloping him as the magic of Gaucho's work and the Sun God deposited him to the side in which the stranger lain impatient.

Miseal could smell the edge on his skin, the home of his Anzaine. His brow raises as he nears the man. "What brings you here from the edge?" He asked, guard still on high, golden orbs looking expectantly at the man. "Miseal, pleasure." He says simply, visitors had become more frequent with the alliances, but the chromed wasn't a trustful person and this onyx colored stallion was no exception.

"Talk?"
image credits

Ulrik's gaze snapped up, seeing a massive stallion come into his space, moving toward the Dragon's Throat. He was suspicious, of course. How could you not be when you are faced with a gigantic blue and gold behemoth with curled horns like that? In fact, he felt downright skinny in comparison. The stallion paused and narrowed his gaze slightly, humming as he tensed.

Apparently he knew he had come from the Edge, which was interesting. That means he had been to the Edge, which was also interesting. He nodded once and then wondered how he would phrase that he was stalking a young girl with whom he'd had intimate relations. "I was here to offer my services in crafting to the Dragon's Throat," he said, his graveled voice holding no sign of lies or deceit. "I am proficient at machinery and metal, and I had visited here some time ago to work for Gaucho. Now, I am here truly to offer my help."

The stallion wondered if that was a good enough reason. "Also, I believe a lady is there who I want to talk to. I want to make sure that she is okay." He spoke those words more hesitantly. "Either way, I need inside and I am not sure how to get there." Ulrik knew that a stallion of his size would not be able to cross the channel either, or he assumed. So there had to be another way over, and he wondered if this Miseal had the key.

"I am Ulrik the Engineer," he offered. "Crafter in the World's Edge." He stood waiting, wondering if he was even believable. It's not often a hairy, unkempt crafter was allowed into a herd that is so very heavily locked down.

Misael Posts: 97
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 HH :: 7 years HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Lazarus :: Melanistic Lion :: None ShadowMare
Between two evils, always pick the one you have yet to try

Miseal doesn't know why he doesn't trust the stallion, but he doesn't, not at all. Perhaps it was the simplicity that this was the first foreigner he would bring inside the Dragon's Throat that did not appear from the threshold. As the lead sleuth, he would most definitely be cautious with those he allowed in and those he didn't, it was his job after all. If he could bring in someone he had merely just picked up from the side of the trails, he should allow the stallion, the crafter, who seemed true in his reasonings inside his home. Miseal nodded his head, he would allow the strange marking man in, but under his terms and not the crafter. This was no world of trust, this was a world of command and hoping that obeying would allow some respect to be given to you. Trust was such a neglected bond.

"I will allow you in the borders, out of my kindness, but this women you seek, I shall lead you to her, and do expect to see me around. There shall be no havoc caused, crafter. " He said, trying not to sound harsh, but the seriousness in his voice was prominent. After all if this man was who he said he was, the herd could benefit from his abilities, there was no use in Miseal scarring off the hairy metal worker, or Urlik as he had announced.

With a swinging motion, the tall stallion lead Urlik to the bridge, his teeth clenching over the golden key as the magic began to take both the engineer and the chromed inside the Dragon's Throat. The carriage out and from the throat had become a frequent thing in Miseal's life, but the thrill had never ceased to leave him. He loved the idea of flight.

Once they were landed, Miseal turned to peer at the mess of a man, seriously dude, how do you let yourself get to that point? he thought, very proud of his skin that shined and his hair that pooled and dragged behind him in all of it's masculine beauty. "Who is it you seek?"

"Talk?"
OCC: if you don't want to make him into another thread, you can just PP him dropping off Urlik to Essetia and leaving
image credits

Ulrik expected nothing else but suspicion. He had been suspicious all of his life. Being a tall, dark and bearded stallion with arcane markings up your side had that effect. Add in the fact that he was quiet, intelligent and reserved, and he had the makings of a maladjusted sociopath. Perhaps that was all true, but he had changed. There was a marked difference even in his own soul, and it hadn't quite reached his rough, unsettled exterior.

Though he wanted to smile in wry amusement, he held his expression, knowing that such sarcastic mannerisms wouldn't exactly help his cause. Ulrik watched as the bridge unfolded behind him and Kirchoff jumped to his paws, padding over to his side and waiting to cross. "No trouble," he said firmly. Well, he wouldn't be the one causing trouble. If Essetia caused trouble, then that would be a totally different story. That almost made him smile inside - as if she would cause anything but trouble.

Magic then jerked them onto the island, and Ulrik felt nauseous. There was nothing about flying that appealed to him, and he grumbled, legs splayed as he got his head back on straight. Everything had been spinning, and he wanted to drop to his knees, but his pride didn't let him. Eventually, he squinted and steadied himself. "That's.... unsettling... he grumbled quietly.

It was actually easy to get as messy as he was given that he cared more about everything else but himself. Ulrik wasn't a vain man. He was far too focused on all of his machines and now Essetia to bother to bathe. The stallion then looked up and frowned. "Her name is Essetia. She is a bay with white markings on her face and pale eyes." He could recall her so perfectly. Now to see if she was even here...