the Rift

[PRIVATE] After all this time.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

A gentle birdsong wind ruffled through the brambles and the branches. But the creature hurriedly moving beneath them took no noticed. A shawl was pressed upon the back of the creature despite the head of the day. But were you to look closer you would see that her skin was so pale and flimsy that holding in, or generating heat, was a job that it had given up long ago. You could practically see bones through that skin, but she kept moving just the same, as if those bones were tethered so tightly to her mind as to forgotten just how old they really were. But of course, all of this was hidden beneath the folds of her dark brown cloak.

She was basically just a mass of cloth, with two bright but milky-white eyes peering out from the depths of the darkness where her face should have been. Her feet were cloven and prehistoric looking, as was the prehensile tail that jutted out from the folds of brown.

""Where O where o where." She mumbled to herself. The staff she carried in one furred paw beat away any tree branches that tried to prevent her forward travel.

He had given her a job to do, and by all the Gods she would do it. For he was one of those Gods, so he was.

Now all she had to do was find the one she was tasked with giving it to...

regularjane | Quote: Thomas Moore

@Ilios

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
His heart weighed heavy in his young chest. He had failed once more to gain what he longed to have; a soul mate. Silver eyes were glazed as he wondered silently through Helovia. As the time marched by and the day changed over the stallion felt the sting of rejection ease from his heart. He knew one day his dreams would come true and he would be gifted the other half of his heart. His gaze shifted towards the sky as he sent up some silent words, 'I know one day I will shine in your eyes. One day I'll make you proud of me.' His mind was mostly focused on the Sun god, but it turned to each deity in turn. He had respect for all of them, but the Sun god held his heart.

Sighing softly took to the sky hoping the flight would help clear his mind. The second this body lifted off the ground and the unfiltered sunlight touched his body the stallion felt better. Of course not all of the emptiness was gone, but it was pushed into a corner where the warmth of his god could not yet reach. His face turned from brooding to neutral as he turned towards the Thistle meadow. He always enjoyed the thistles, even if he couldn't eat them. They were beautiful to look at no matter how bad they hurt.

Liquid silver eyes scanned the changing ground as he flapped his massive teal and silver lined wings. With the sun baring down on him the gold and teal stallion circled over the meadow lowering his bulk slowly. There wasn't anyone around, so why show off when you can take it slow? A soft smile touched his golden lips as his dark hooves touched down with a thump. instead of standing still he allowed the momentum to carry him forward at a trot. A whisper of cloth drew him up short. Nostrils flared as he spun searching for the unknown person.

Muscles tensed, neck arched, and ears flickered as he looked around. To his surprise it wasn't a horse at all. He forced his body to relax quickly, not wanting to startle the creature, like it had done to him. An easy smile lifted his face as he lowered his head slightly. The soft breeze caused the creature's odd scent to drift towards him. A quick inhale told him it was a female and some strange animal he had never met before. Taking a slow step forward he released his warm bass, "Hello Miss, I'm Ilios." He smiled as his long white tipped tail wished around his hocks. He thought it was odd that the lady was wearing a cloak in this heat. 'Each to their own.' Intrigued he attempted to look past the cloak, trying to pick out anything he could about this female. The first thing he noticed as the haunting, yet beautiful milky white orbs. Then he noticed the cloven hooves cracked and old, next came the tail. Curiosity burned in his eyes as he spoke again, "Miss, do you need any help?" Whatever she was the lady screamed ancient. She was as frail as she appeared to him, surely he could help her in some way? Carefully he stepped closer to her, making sure to keep his body relaxed, unwilling to scare her off.
Speech
Words;; 559
OOC/Tags;;
ilios

If you want to shine like a sun, first burn like a sun.}

You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Helovian Ancient

The creature was mildly surprised to see Ilios suddenly appear in her pathway, but she made no outward mention of it. Not one to offer questions in the face of small favours, was she. Nay, nay. She would accept this gift (and he would accept hers) if he could prove himself true.

"Aye, so ye say." She croaked, her voice sounding the way a splintery old window sill would look. Rough, but comforting just the same. She looked up at him through the folds of her cloak, bright moony eyes gazing out through the depths. "Yarr," She agreed conversationally, stepping towards the hybrid.

Two paws stretched outwards towards him - papery skin glistening over boney appendages - and she beckoned for him to lower his head. "Not all of us are so tall, so we aren't, bring yer big skull down here and let me have a peek at'yer." She waited until he complied, and then her paws thrust forward. She gripped his nostrils with her (surprisingly) dexterous hands, and took a big long inhale. Satisfied, she reached up and grabbed some of the skin on his nose, pinched slightly, and then watched it settle back down. All the while she was muttering and nodding to herself within her hood.

"Now open yer mouth, but say not a word sonny, for I won't have yer breath on me." Again she waited for this odd request to be completed. As his mouth opened, she reached inside and pinched his tongue. She seemed very intent on how the muscles responded, and then just as quickly she retracted her fingers. Wiping her hands on her cloak, she stepped back.

"So yar who ye say y'ar." She concluded with a nod. "Now then. Seems you've had a fair run of bad luck youngling! Ye think it's a sign from the Gods? Or does he think it really is just bad luck?"

@Ilios

Her voice surprised him, grating yet, motherly all at once. Horned dome tilted curiously at her words. He wanted to ask why he would lie about who he was, but basic manners kept his mouth shut. He watched as she stepped closer to him. He could feel the curiosity burning through his heart. What was she? Why was she here, and why the hell did she think he was lying? Instead he merely blinked at her wondering what was going to happen. Strange things always happened when creatures, besides equines, showed up in Helovia. 'But where is everyone else?' He had no idea things could happen to just one person, so he assumed others would show up to see what she was offering.

Ears pricked as paws coated in see through skin extended towards him. His large skull dropped instantly to her level with a obedient, "Yes ma'am." Parelia had taught her son well. Do as you're told, or asked, unless you have a very good reason not too. He smiled silver eyes seeking out her milky lanterns. He longed to see what was under the cloak; what secrets did it hide? Her paws suddenly attached themselves to his oh so tender nose. Every fiber of his equine instinct told him to pull back and and demand an explanation. He beat them down and focused on her, trying to peer into the shadows of her cloak. While she sniffed him he did the same to her. When she pinched his nose his tresses flicked around his hocks as he forced himself to be still.

He tried to catch the words she was mumbling to herself, but failed spectacularly. Then she asked him to do something incredibly odd. Taking a deep breath and soothing his waning patience he complied once more. He was beginning to feel less and less surprised about everything she was asking him to do. Clearly she was odd, maybe some kind of crazy person, but he had offered to help he so he couldn't back out now. Ears flicked back and his eyes clenched shut tight as she pinched his pink tongue. 'Really lady? Why are you molesting me?!' His tongue pulled back at her harsh touch. As soon as her paw hand thing left his mouth he closed it and rubbed his sore muscle against the ribbed roof of his mouth.

When she stepped back he let his breath out, careful to aim it away from her. When she finally said he was who he said he was the stallion bobbed his head a smile on his face. Well, the smile was there for a moment, until she kept speaking. Slowly it faded to a thoughtful look. Had he really fallen on bad luck, or had he just lost sight of what was really important? He thought about how to reply for a moment thinking it all over. His words were warm and thoughtful, "Miss, when I was on my way here, I thought it was bad luck." He offered her a soft grateful smile before continuing, "But you've opened my eyes. Maybe it wasn't bad luck, maybe the Gods just have a plan for me." He watched her for a moment smiling, "Is that why I've found you out here Miss? Are you here to tell me about their plan?" He watched her curiously ears pricked all the way and eyes shinning hopefully.
Speech
Words;; 568
OOC/Tags;; @Mythical Request
ilios

[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Helovian Ancient

She listed as Ilios spoke, rocking on her heels and muttering softly to herself in a language that sounded as if it was composed of grunts and clicks than words. Maybe the Gods have a plan for me, he had said and her cloaked head bobbed in agreement.

"Very pert young cully, very pert indeed. The Gods always have a plan, just sometimes they aren't much up for sharin', and other times you just don't happen to be the main character, ye ken? But in matters of the heart...well." She reached into the folds of her robe and pulled forth a sphere that glowed beautifully. The outside was white, and a soft fog rolled around the circumference. "One of 'em's taken an interest in yer case, so he has. He set me down here to find yer - which is why I had to be sure, ye must kennit, and find ye I did."

She offered the orb towards Ilios, and it floated gently towards him, hovering around his knees and pulsing with that same warmish white light.

"Yer heart is to be lonely no more, Ilios son of Ciceron. Let this little poppit always remind ye that the Gods are watchin', and that yer struggles are never in vain when they are done from the truest of places." At this, she tapped the cloak where her heart

For ALL of your efforts in trying to receive a companion, the Gods have looked upon you favorably! You may choose either a Common NS or SS companion for Ilios! All of your prior refusals will be marked 'used'. Congratulations! Sorry for the bad string of luck!

@Ilios

He watched her as he spoke curiosity burning in his young heart. He longed to know what was in store for him, and she might hold the answers. Her clicks and grunts only draw him closer. His large dome slowly inching forward so eager to hear what she would say next. Her simple nodding did nothing but string him along further. Was she going to revile his whole life for him? Would he even really want to know what was planed for him? Wouldn't that just make life boring?

Well, lucky for him he didn't have to worry about that. She spoke almost in riddles, but it seemed so clear. Her words were odd and different, he had to think about what she was saying to understand her. The stallion watched her paw slip into the endless folds of her cloak. What she pulled forth made his heart stop. He gasped eyes turning from the sphere to her milky eyes. He wanted to cry, scream, embrace her, and jump for joy.

His mouth went dry as she continued on about one of the Gods taking an interest in him. His gaze left hers to look towards the sky. he closed the and sent up a silent thank you, to whichever God had blessed him. When he looked back she was offering him the egg. His heart started in over time as it slowly floated towards him. The beautiful shell covered soul pulsed with a beautiful warm white light. His silver eyes misted over slightly as he turned to look at her.

His eyes widened slightly as he looked down on the egg; his prayers really had been answered. He gulped hard a tear slipping from his argenteous eyes. He would never be lonely again, he would always have a special someone to love and accept him. Her words were not lost on him. He looked at her locking each word away into his memory. >b?"Thank you Miss. You and the God's have lightened my heart more than you could imagine." His voice had a hitch as he beamed at the pawed lady. His own muzzle reached to touch his chest. "I will never forget the wisdom you have given me, and the great gift you have delivered to me." His words were warm and choked as he reached out trying to gently touch her paw with his soft muzzle. "Thank you miss. If you ever need a favor please, come and find us." He tried to gaze deep into her eyes wanting to make sure she would remember that. He carefully nosed the egg under his right wing where it would be cradled safe and warm.

Speech
Words;; 446
OOC/Tags;; @Mythical Request Do I need to wait a week before it can hatch? We want a SS, Rougarou!
ilios

Tag me