the Rift

[OPEN] transform the earth to your desire

Själ Posts: 112
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 hh :: 4 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ansgar :: Plain Griffin :: Draining Clutch ChaoticMelodies
Själ
Somehow, the princess had thought that tales of the DarkEmpress in her prime would make her feel better, had imagined that they would convince her that Psyche's was a legacy worth fighting for. Now that she stood here among the snow-capped peaks, disillusioned and disheartened by the many times her mother had been close to meeting her goals, to truly claiming the dominion over the world that she had longed for... now it hardly seemed worth it to have heard the stories at all. Her mouth twisted into a frown as she mulled it all over, her amber gaze unreadable as she studied the Reaper's face.

Thievery. A two-front war. Failure. All of it tasted like bile on her tongue. And what had Deimos done? By his own admission, very little - and for the first time Själ wondered what her life would be like if Psyche had succeeded, if she had not driven herself mad with the burden of a life left un-lived. Would she had been raised a princess of Helovia, in line to one day inherit the throne that her mother had claimed with blood, sweat, and tears? Or would she have ended up dead anyway at the hands of a cruel goddess with a penchant for toying with the lives of mortals?

Where Psyche might have raged, her daughter stood in silence, her imagination running wild with new tales and untold possibilities. She did not want to lash out at the Lord of the Basin, who had been honest with her even about his own shortcomings - even though he was, in her eyes, at least partly to blame for Psyche's downfall. Did anyone fight for you, Mother? Ansgar crooned softly, an almost mournful sound that echoed in the girl's ears. "Thank you for telling me this," she finally said. "If you'll excuse me, I'd like to be alone for now."

And she walked out of the cave and disappeared into the snow.

"Speak."
--Ansgar.--
Själ

@Erebos - this is just a wrap up. ;D Thanks for this! It helped her a lot!

Pixel by Reli <3

Please tag Själ in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Själ?  Visit her plot page here!