the Rift

Out of Ashes, I burn

Imara Posts: 3
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5
ShadowMare

My vengeance will come

Eyes of honey glare into the depths of this world, this wicked place that she had sought down for years. Helovia, it was called, but everything else was of little knowledge to the gazelle. She would find those who killed her parents, who took everything away from her, there was revenge to be served and mercy to be thrown away. Imara had become the result of years of hatred, years of disgust for those who had rebelled against her and her cause. She has risen from the ash of death, the reaper did not steal her soul, did not carry her away with his fleshless face and grim smile, no, Imara had faced even death and won.

So she had come here, her hips swinging and her nostrils bringing in the all of this world, analyzing and memorizing, this air that was tainted with a bloodlust like no other. Imara was a smart woman, she would play her part, be the conartist that she was, and she would strike not out of haste, but out of calculated force. Do your worst, Helovia.

A single ear twisted, listening for the crack of sticks, of the arrival of another. She wore her necklace of hyena teeth with great pride, the sly animal her second soul. The hyena was a pest, their laughter in the night annoyed most, but to Imara it was a cry of her people, a song that she enjoyed the haunting melody of. With ears twisting to every sound, her steps swinging with her prides and powers, she waited, her mind drumming to the beat of the hyena.

And so it began.

Imara

Aeolus Posts: 100
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: 3 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Wings of gold carried the boy through the skies of yet another day as he tried to figure out where he was going. Originally he had wanted to go and poke around the forest to see if he could find anything interesting that mother could craft something out of but he had been sidetracked by this beautifully warm updraft. Flying was a pleasure that he had only recently been able to discover thanks to his dad never being around. Mother had tried to help him but without wings there was only so much that she could try but regardless he managed to pick it up. Drifting around in circles for what seemed like hours the brindled lad finally let his hooves touch back down to earth when he came by the threshold for the second or third time that day.

Feeling exhilerated from his air time he made sure to gently shake out his wings before folding them to his sides where they belonged. He doubted that the feeling would ever get old because it was just so exciting to see new things and to meet new people, which was part of the reason he had decided on the threshold instead if the forest. Setting off on his own pathway he tried to be as quiet as possible but probably sounded more like a wrecking ball crashing through the brush and the thick undergrowth. Eventually returning to one of the well travelled paths as he began to tire it wasn't long before someone caught his eye.

Slowing his pace to a more cautious approach he made his way forward only to stop a few feet from the new mare. Twisting his ears forward in interest his eyes scanned quickly over her rather strange appearance. Were those teeth hanging around her neck? Why would anyone wear teeth?!? "Hello, who are you?" He asked curiously tilting his head a little as he tried to figure out the whole idea of wearing the teeth of something like a necklace.

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: @Imara •• NOTES: ••

“The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop.”
Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]
Avatar 1 by Destrier Designs, Avatar 2 by BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**

Tsavo Posts: 13
Absent Abyss atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: 6 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Eshe :: Masai Lioness :: None Kiki
come away little lamb, come away to the slaughter
The lioness hadn’t returned here since she had crossed the boundary to Helovia.  Since that moment, it seemed that much in her life had changed.  She had the answers that she had so desperately sought, but found that they had done little to quench the fire that scoured her from the inside out.  It was equal parts maddening and exhausting.  Thankfully she had Eshe to keep her tethered to the realm of reality.

She had found her place here, but had yet to find her purpose.  Politics had been tainted for the lioness.  She had seen enough in her time on the Council to fill this lifetime, but that did not mean that she was no longer adept at diplomacy…and the manipulation that came with it.  Tsavo just understood that here in this new place she needed to find a way to reinvent herself.  Her whole life she had lived in a cage – imprisoned by stares and expectations. Not now. Not anymore. Now she could truly become what she wanted to be.  Never before had she had the choice, and it was the choice itself that kept the mare from making a decision.  So instead, for the time being, she lived day to day. A frustrating existence for the mare who always had an agenda, but one far better than the life she lived prior.

She wasn’t entirely sure why she was drawn back here.  Perhaps it was the unrest in her mind.  It didn’t matter in the end.  Eshe, who had become accustomed to her bonded’s unruly thoughts, simply let out a small call to her bonded.  Reassurance.  Tsavo moved quickly through the trees with the lion cub on her heels.  Eshe had learned to hunt quickly and effectively, and teaching the cub had taught Tsavo how to truly embody the lioness that lurked within.  The dark mare caught movement out of the corner of her eye.  It was not the newcomer that she saw first, but the pegasus with the golden wings.  She followed the winged creature’s gaze and was somewhat surprised at what she saw.  Sensing the surprise, Eshe came bounding to stand at her bonded’s side, quietly evaluating the scene.  With a jerk of her head to the cub, the pair descended upon the scene.  The mare in question clearly bore the marks of her homeland, and the string of teeth (which the lioness could identify, but said nothing aloud) clearly identified the mare as Dorobian.  “Sorry if I’m intruding,” Tsavo said, with a dip of her head to both the mare and the golden winged stallion.

“You’re from Dorobo,” Tsavo said, simply, her blue gaze focused on the mare. It was a fact, not a question.  “What brings you here, to Helovia?” Tsavo waited for a few moments before a small smile cracked the planes of her face.

“You don’t have to answer that, if you choose.  I’m Tsavo,” she said, simply, before nodding to the little lioness who stood at her feet, “and this is Eshe. Welcome.”

T S A V O
image credit

@Imara
@Aeolus

Please tag Tsavo in all posts.
Force & magic are permitted, please ask before inflicting serious injury.

Absent Abyss
ShadowMare

The beat in her ears died down with the beat of wings, of hooves. In Dorobo, pegasus weren't normally people she worked with, never much desiring to bicker with them. It would soon have to be quickly realized what material Imara was working with here in this "Helovia," there was going to be much more to it then the plains of Dorobo she supposed, but the huntress knew that nothing stood in her way. She held a vicious drive within her, and her blood would not stop boiling until her mission had been completed.

Imara slows her thoughts as she allows her mind to focus on the specimen of a man that had oh so wonderfully decided to make an appearance before her. He was a mix of bays, golds, and azures, his coat held the familiar stripes of her homeland, the skins of Dorobian people were very natural, much like other safari creatures and this man. She allows a soft smile to slip on her lips, only to hide the wicked laughter the itched to be released inside of her, this was going to be such a fun game, oh so fun.

The winged stallion asks of her identity, and for a moment she wonders if she should go under as another, for the few that knew of her name could not spoil her masterplans. The commotion of more steps allowed her to make up her mind, realizing that Hodari's cloak of shadows had worked very well to hide Imara and only he and those she had slaughtered would know her name and the dead man tells no tales.

With the inspection of the newest arrival to Imara's entrance, she could feel the satisfying click of another puzzle piece falling into place, this mare was a Dorobian, how wonderful. Little did this lovely blue-eyed thing know, she would be a step into the infiltration Imara would in time create.

"My name is Imara." She said simply, eyes lazily washing over the pairs that watched her now. With the announcement of Imara's homelands, she would have to follow this mare to wherever she lived, knowing that it could possibly lead her to more dorobians. Imara would have to play it smart though, no darkness that swirled and sang within her could seep out. The double crowned, Tsavo, had just unknowingly thrusted Imara much further in the hunt of the one who killed her father. "I'm here simply to find my fellows, and for a place to live. If you are from Dorobo as you say-" She flicked her eyes over to the winged, for it wasn't worth wasting his time, nor did she actually care, but as she had grown in the work of spy, every little tone, every little facial expression could either lead to your success or your demise, and as Imara needed to come off as a mere lost citizen, she would carry out all means necessary. "Perhaps sometime you could show me the others? I have dearly missed them" She doesn't know that Imara misses none, that her heart is not just iced over, but it missing, that the only thing that pumps her blood is the fury that curls within the hollows of her body.

Considering her options once more, the mare decides that what's a game without a little bit of adventure? Imara knew that the dorobians would see her in time, but maybe she should allow all those to speak. After all this wasn't Dorobo and as much as she was normally right, she knew nothing of the bounds of Helovia as they so say. Caramel's settled on the man and woman, "Tell me, what are your homelands like? How are they ruled?"

OCC:

EDIT: changed my mind :P fair game

also this is a shit post oops gotta figure her out

Imara

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

ashamin
The Clovenheart

As often happened, Ashamin was late to the party. His two companions were sluggish in the daytime and, despite hearing noises up ahead and suspecting that another newcomer had crossed Helovia's border, Ashamin had slowed to keep their pace. Rakt was quicker and blessed with longer legs, so he led the pack, but Lochan trailed quietly behind. The little eye was the most affected by the bright heat of the day, for his nocturnal habits were a part of his being more than just his preference. Rakt and Ashamin had adjusted or Lochan's sake, after all.

When the Clovenheart was close enough to make out the conversation—names, faces, places (particularly Dorobo, which he committed quickly to memory)—he did not waste time in joining it. His companions held back, however, for Lochan's exhaustion was overwhelming and Rakt held little trust for one of the mare's predator companions: a lion cub.

Suit yourself, Ashamin thought to the bonded brothers, pressing his noses to the thick fur of their necks before turning to leave them behind in the trees and brush. They watched him with slow, blinking eyes that soon drooped and closed. They'd walked far enough, and now they would have their rest.

Ashamin, however, would not sleep now. He walked alone but still walked, and he pushed his way through the underbrush just as the paler mare introduced herself. If he had heard correctly, it was she that the two herd members were courting. It was she, then, that Ashamin would extend his own offer to.

"Greetings, all," the painted buck said smoothly before ceasing his forward march. He paused beside the impala-like mare and offered his nose to her to greet, as was his custom. "I am Ashamin the Clovenheart, it is a pleasure, Imara, Tsavo, Eshe, and..." he pulled away from Imara then and cocked his head to the side while looking at the pegasus. A soft smile passed his bi-colored lips. "...Well, I don't believe I caught your name, stranger."

Ashamin wasn't sure if Tsavo and the stallion were really from herds, but Imara's question seemed to suggest that they were. What he was more interested in now, though, was this Dorobo. With the scholar side of him quivering in excitement, he turned eagerly to seek out Imara's gaze. "Pardon me, Imara, but this Dorobo... do all from this land look as you and Tsavo do? I met another stallion in these lands by the name of Hasovir, he is an ally of mine and bears similar features. I would be curious to know more about the land from which you, and perhaps he, came."

He paused then, his long tail (tipped in coils) curling behind him in the soft moss. "Though I come from no herdland I am a part of collective of independent outcasts, here, and we seek to share knowledge with those we count among our numbers. Perhaps I could tell you of Helovia in exchange for your knowledge; I consider myself a scholar, and always seek new opportunities to learn from strangers such as yourself." His eyes, dark as they were, glittered with curiosity. He only hoped this mare would be willing to teach him what she knew.

""

Image Credits

@Aeolus!

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Absent Abyss
ShadowMare

Well, it seems that Imara has dragged in quite the party. After all, the woman would expect nothingless, she was Imara! She can't bask in her splendors just yet, though. This was a game and she be damned if she would allow something to threaten her desires. Ambers fall upon the newest of this little huttle of "who can snag the meat first." His skin was a mix of patched onyxes and porcelains, scars and stains ruin his body but she can tell that this man knew the splendors and consequences of war, something the woman knew deeply. Ashamin the Clovenheart he calls himself, a quite peculiar name indeed.

It seems that there were a lot of choices in this place, Helovia, and Imara begun to understand the Dorobian's finding shelter here. That of course applied to them, but not to Imara. She didn't come here to be thrown into welcoming arms, she came for revenge and all she cared about was how effectively and how efficiently she could get her job done. She feels the eyes of the knotted horned man(she wondered what Dorobo would think of his horn, the twists and curls unseen ever before) and turns her head. He speaks of another dorobian, Hasovir, and the huntress is even more pleasured. How lovely this trip was working out for her! Dorobians were everywhere and where there was a people there was a leader. Honey eyes drip within the scholar's onyx, he spoke of trades, of a home, a league, a beginning, and where she would go next had been chosen. "Your offer is most generous, I would quite enjoy that, my loyalty is all yours." She purrs, the golden woman an intoxicating mix of evil and ecstasy.

Turning then, she dips her head, baring her farewell to the strangers and their creatures. She would be seeing Tsavo in good time, but until then, Imara had other duties to get to. With a swish of her tail, she turns and begins walking, joining Ashamin's side when he begun to lead her to her newest journey.

OCC:

Imara