the Rift

[ALL] beware the grounded raptor

Mkali Posts: 7
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Chimera
Mkali

Inconsequential time had passed since the sand dunes of home had been left behind. It didn't matter how long the air had brushed along dirty sides, helping with the notion of gliding through the low altitude skies. Small towns had been visited but none of them left much of an impression: they were mere blurred figures on a long journey to an unknown future. None of these small things mattered when the bigger picture still chased you down.  

Fleeing was a word I never thought I would use. Not directed towards me. However, home was no longer home. Every ounce of being refused to imagine the state of the fallen empire. Satisfying news it had been until the thirst for power consumed the rebelling troops. Like the wildfires word had traveled fast. The foreseeable future was in question. Instincts said it was time to migrate, to find a more desirable home.

Survival of the fittest, they always said. I would make sure that I survived the strife. Besides allegiances were far too torn to be an aerial pest like to the horned enemies. No, the matter was far too confusing. Far too political yet savage at the same time. I would stand by my decision to listen to the instincts engraved in my composition. "Leave", it said. Each time I listened and moved from next place to the next.

Feathers ruffled on their own accord as something rubbed against them. "Danger!" The sudden vortex was pulling me into its violent current. Long wings beat furiously against my domain which was being turned against me. Pressure squeezed at my skull despite the low altitude. Something wasn't right but there was nothing to be done. Darkness conquered and was named victorious whilst the sudden tornado got to play with its new rag doll.

---  

The dense woodlands threatened to imprison my being; branches crept closer as bark gnawed at exposed sides. Thickets greedily grabbed at my hooves with malicious intent, embedding thorns into weary muscles and the foliage slowing all movement. Free. Sky. Where? Claustrophobia was crushing down on my chest as my heart raced. Instincts began to overwhelm everything else as eyes narrowed, head thrown up to the sky. There wasn't a hint of blue in sight - only the blinding hindrance of green.

Voodoo magic: that was the only possible explanation for how I could go from flying to waking up on a forest floor. A forest of trees I had never seen before in my life. I was by no means suspicious like the wingless and hornless beings but there was no other way to describe the pull that had sucked me to here!

But why and for what purpose?"

Yet another thorn pricked at me and I vehemently spit at the tree it was attached to. "Mimi laana nchi hizi umeacha! Hii msongamano, mnene msitu! Napenda kuongezeka katika anga ya wazi ambapo mimi ni mali!" Wings tried unfolding themselves as wild instincts began to take over. I needed to get up there. Instantly wing membranes struck two trees. "Namna gani uchawi amenileta hapa?!" Back legs hit the trees that had caught my wings. They were far too tall, too big to topple over but that was not processing. "Escape."

I will tear down this whole woodlands if it means I can breathe once again. Bearings could be found after. Right now my main focus was getting above the trees and back into the sky (even if it had betrayed me before). These trees and the witch doctors that caused this would regret crossing the raptor of Korofi. They would not keep me grounded nor imprisoned in this cage of bark. Another kick caused splintering of a nearby tree and a compulsive shiver along the spine followed. "Kutetemeka chini ya makucha ya tai."

ooc all welcomed! - she can speak common language too :3
translation "I curse these forsaken lands! This crowded, dense forest! I wish to soar in the open skies where I belong!", "What manner of witchcraft has brought me here?!", and "Tremble beneath the eagle's talons."

Aeolus Posts: 100
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: 3 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Crashing and banging drew the boys attention as he wandered throughout the threshold rather aimlessly. It had been quite awhile since he had seen anyone here but he was determined to try his best to help his herd grow. The more it grew the more likely it would be to make some new friends around his own age for once. Friends he had learned were rather hard to come by when majority of your herd consists of old grumpy adults that don't want to have much fun. Things were gradually changing though and for this he was happy and a little excited if he did say so himself.

Stretching out his wings one last time before curling them neatly to his sides the hybrid ducked beneath the forest's canopy to go discover what all the ruckus was about. His steps were a little hesitant as he did not know what he would find at the source of all the noise but he sure wanted to find out. Maybe it would be a companion egg like mother had gotten, he sure hoped so. He wanted someone to share things with and go on adventures with and it was just something that he knew he wanted eventually. His travels had ended up with lots of people finding their own eggs but he had never been fortunate enough to find one of his own. Where did they come from anyway?

Rounding a bend a whole new set of thrashing and movement caught his eyes causing him to jump back a step or two in surprise. While he had imagined it being a bear or bird he had not thought it could be another pegasus. "HEY! Hold on I will help you. Stop thrashing around!" He called out not wanting the girl to hurt herself in the process of trying to untangle herself from the brush and thistles. Ducking as a hoof came flying his way he retreated a step to rethink this whole idea, how was he planning on getting her out? Grabbing hold of one of the nearest branches he tried to tug it free with decent success. Now it was just a matter of trying to calm the mare down so he didn't end up with a bashed in skull or something.

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: @Mkali •• NOTES:Not my best ••

“The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop.”
Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]
Avatar 1 by Destrier Designs, Avatar 2 by BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**

Chimera
Mkali

Senses had jumbled into an incomprehensible mess. The want - no, need - to escape consumed all else. This meant that the outside world had temporarily faded away. Besides the trees and prickling thickets, of course. Those didn't go away so easily. Soon they would learn that I wasn't one to give up either. A slew of harsh curses in my native tongue backed the physical struggle.

"HEY! Hold on I will help you. Stop thrashing around!" A voice entered my auditory system and my ears immediately flicked in its direction. The accent was heavy but the words were understandable. Like a whip I cracked to face the stranger. All the while, in the back of my head, I scolded myself for allowing him to come so close with my realization. I had let myself fall into such a vulnerable position.

The male was a pegasus but not one of my kin. His scent, his coloring, his posture.. all of it was wrong. Though his words were directed towards wanting to help me out of this situation I scoffed. A pegasus who walked through this place like he belonged was unnatural. Everything about this was off and I was hardly in a position to defend myself if he attacked, tried to claim me as his. I snapped my teeth. Let him fucking try.

Then it occurred to me: the timing was too perfect. He was in the exact right place to be after I had exhausted myself with my fruitless wandering. "You." Unlike his voice, mine carried the accent of the plateaus and deserts I had grew up in. Mine was right. "You are the witch doctor who warped the winds and grounded me in this forsaken forest! Where trees surround me - trees that I have never seen before."

Magic wasn't supposed to be real. It was only a simple myth, a cautionary legend. Yet what else was there to explain what happened to me? Vortexes don't just randomly appear like that, especially without a storm and not at such a low altitude. Not to mention how it dragged only me and nothing else around me.

"Why did you pull me from my skies, Witch Doctor?" I growled, unable to contain my seething fear rage. This was so unknown to me and I wasn't sure how to react so I reacted in the only way that the Korofi knew how - with violence in their voices. "To claim me as your own?" I couldn't help but laugh despite the clear predicament I was in. "You will need more than that to make the eagle submit."

Looking more closely at the stallion, he did not look how legends described witch doctors. How did the saying go, though? Do not judge a toad by its colors? Something like that. After all, they may look pretty but they were poisonous as fuck. "Speak, you vile serpent!"

While the thrashing had ceased the threat of injuries still remained (because gods did I long to make him bleed right now).

ooc shh it was perfect <3 basically she thinks he created one of helovia's random portals lel
tags @Aeolus

nickel

Blue optics scan the situation with curiosity as the brindled boy tried to formulate a plan to rescue this mare who had somehow gotten herself entangled in all this brush. How had she even done this in the first place? He wasn't all that good at flying yet and still he hadn't managed to wind up on his back and stuck beneath all this crap. Should he be scared to see someone that managed it? Well lets just say walking home might be in the question should he ever manage to get her out.

Freezing as the mare's voice took on a whole new tone he lifted his head to see what she was going on about now. He had been expecting something normal to leave her mouth like perhaps an introduction but he was sure wrong. Accusations began to fly rapidly through the air leaving the poor lad confused and a little hurt that someone would believe he had done this. What in the hell was a witch doctor? "My name is not witch doctor!" He replied sharply hoping to stop the accusations in their tracks. "I don't even know what that means anyway so stop being rude!"

Mother had drilled the whole manners routine into his head so he was at least attempting to be polite despite how he was being greeted. Pausing to take a step back to glare down at this rather unfortunate mare he tried not to take things too personally. She didn't know the first thing about him and yet she had the nerve to come here and call him names! Taking a breath to let the anger simmer down he once again spoke. "If you would rather it, I could always just not help you. Surely someone else will come along sooner or later." He said with a shrug of his shoulders. While it would kill him to leave her like this he would leave and try to find someone else to help him get her out. Why did he had to run across someone who was crazy? He was still too young to have to try and deal with someone who was missing quite a few screws. Maybe she had fallen on her head... that might explain a few things. "So? Do you want my help or not?"

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: @Mkali •• NOTES: <3 ••

“The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop.”
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]

Graasvoel Posts: 97
World's Edge Artificier atk: 3.5 | def: 7.0 | dam: 8.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0hh :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
smitty

"fear the Vulture and it will come. fear nothing and you are the Vulture."

Pale, wooled ears sweep and perk. Did he hear the Dorobian tongue screeching through the thick trunks? Thick, heavy, hairy legs paused as his own feathers instinctively ruffled once, then raised as cracking and the unmistakable sounds of thrashing tore through the forest’s calm.

Hah. If ever there were sounds to portray how he had felt when he came through this very forest not long ago, these were it. His great wings had ached to be spread; part of him had wanted to break down the trees as these sounds seemed to imply this newcomer was doing. Instead, the rational lazy part of him had found a small clearing to stretch his monstrous wings.

His bearded, heavy head swiveled to pinpoint the source as another’s voice drifted through the trunks. Though this was calmer, and his white ears could not make out their words, it sounded decidedly male. He wasn’t certain as to the sex of the first voice, the Dorobian’s. It had been to panicked, and he had been too surprised.

So, with long and hurried strides that tangled even more leaves and twigs in his heavily haired legs, he took his interested self to the source of the commotion. Black brows raised the moment he arrived, yellow raptor eyes sharpening on the woman tangled in thorns. His peripheral gaze caught the sight of another winged one, the man he had heard. But the vulture had sights only for the ferocious mare of the plateaus.

“Jy uit Korofi?” His question was out before he could even finish taking in her body with his greedy gaze. And he asked in the Korofi mother-tongue; one he rarely spoke because it was too much of his father’s. Only a single backward flick of his ear belied the thread of annoyance at his choice of language, while his eyes raked the thorn-torn flesh of the sky-born woman. Her face was violent, eyes ringed in red as Korofi faces were so often fiercely painted. Gold coated her back, bright and alluring as it blanketed right were a stallion’s warmth would lie should one mount her. And it was starkly brilliant against the iridescent black of the rest of her coat. Her wings were folded, trapped, but the shapes of their ends told him she was a built for speed and agility in the sky. Unlike his own wings, which were meant for soaring (much to his sire’s disappointment).

“My name is not witch doctor!” The sharp and insulted voice of the other man drew red-ringed irises away from the winged woman and toward the young stallion. His eyes glance over him— though with markedly less scrutiny (for he was not a mare)— as he continued to talk, shrug, and step back from the glowering, savage, Korofi woman.

“Surely someone else will come along sooner or later.” A low, loud chuckle came roughly from his throat, “I’d say sooner,” sharp eyes glance between the mare and stallion as the man of golden wings asked if the woman wanted his help. He snorted in amusement, “Surely a man couldn’t leave such a fine lady all tied up?” he paused, studying the vines that wrapped her body, “Unless you’re the one who tied her, and planned on coming back for her?” Ignorant of the previous accusations, his words were intended to have salacious implications as his tone and eyes danced with lascivious amusement.

“I am Gaal, by the way. And I, also, come from Korofi.” The words were an afterthought.

Jy uit Korofi? = You are of Korofi?

- - G R A A S V O E L - -

image | table by Kiki

@Mkali @Aeolus I got a little lost in the event order of this post, so if I need to change the order or anything just lmk!

Please tag Graasvoel in all posts.

Chimera
Mkali

This little shit wouldn't admit it. Was this to taunt me? To make fun of me? He certainly had already made his way beneath my skin like an annoying tick. "You feign ignorance whilst wearing the guise of an innocent, young stallion. Why not reveal your true self?" No doubt his true identity was that of an ugly, macabre creature. What other being would preform such lost and dark arts?

"Play this game as you wish, Witch Doctor." Everyone knew what a Witch Doctor was. Back in my homelands they did, at least. Just how far was I from my domain? While I had flown far away from Dorobian, although keep close enough to hear hushed whispers on the wind, the cultures had never changed that drastically.

"Tell me this, then. If you are not a practitioner of voodoo - if you do not possess that which is called 'arcane magics' then where am I? How, pray tell, do you explain what happened to me?" My voice raised as I imagined the events that led me to this thick forested area once more. "I was flying in a desert when a thick wind.. heavy with something dragged me toward a vortex. Nothing else was affected, though. The sand did not stir. Only I was caught in it - and at such low altitude, too! I awake to find myself in this nchi kulaaniwa. How do you explain such events and your convenient arrival?"

I wanted answers. I wanted something. This ignorance was slowly driving me insane. In the dark I was left with nothing but my thoughts that festered and grew. Tension coiled and, like a snake, was ready to strike at any second.

“Jy uit Korofi?”

My blood froze as my head snapped in the direction of the words I understood perfectly. "Ja." came the easy, automatic reply. "Ek kom uit die plato." Sharp eyes fixated on the behemoth whose eyes rested upon my body. At that moment, I did not mind. I was fascinated. In this moment where everything was so wrong he was so right.

Procreate. Instincts repeated although I immediately wiped that away from my thoughts. Yes, he was indeed a fine specimen.. He looked incredibly strong with many traits suitable for passing on to children. However, this was not Dorobo. That should not be programmed in me anymore. Besides, finding a stallion willing to settle down was a pain - especially one that looked more vulture than anything.

.. Yep. All thoughts vanished as soon as he opened his mouth again and that twinkle of implication entered his eye. "No." Perhaps the reply was a tad too fast. "I would never allow a stallion to tie me up like this." I glowered at the younger male. This was all his fault that we were now viewed upon as being involved in some kinky shit. Goddammit.

"Really? From Korofi? I would have never been able to tell from your previous words and accent." Well, lack of accent. For only him to understand I grumbled, "Fokof as jy hier nie om jou te help."

My attention turned back to the first stallion. Pride made it hard to choke out these words, "If you wish to help, so be it. If you give me any reason to believe that you are behind any of this then I will maim you." And I never go back on my word. "You are a native, no? Tell me of this new land I have somehow ended up in. And, if you are not the cause of this, if you have seen anyone whom may have performed such a spell so that I may geliefdes hul skedel." Information was key to survival and I really needed to get my bearings.

ooc she's trying to accept he's not there to harm her which is somewhat helped by gaal's words lol. her instincts are like ohoho but then she's like wait no be srs. and stuff.
translation nchi kulaaniwa means accursed land. ja. Ek kom uit die plato. means "yes, I hail from the Plateaus." Fokof as jy hier nie om jou te help, means "Fuck off if you're not here to help". and geliefdes hul skedel means "crush their skull".
tags @Aeolus @Graasvoel

nickel

Dismayed by all the accusations the young stallion couldn't help but feel slightly annoyed by the presence of yet someone else coming upon the scene. Did this mean that he could just fly away now? No he couldn't just leave a mare or anyone for that matter all tangled up despite how much he wanted to at that moment. "Unless you’re the one who tied her, and planned on coming back for her." Sighing outwardly at the stallion's comment he turned cold eyes to the odd looking brute who had zero idea on what he was talking about. "You have no idea what you are talking about. For the last time I DID NOT DO THIS!" He replied a little sharper than he had intended. Why was it everyone just assumed that he had done this when it had clearly been some unforeseen mishap?

Dropping his head to his chest he bit back the anger that was slowly rising due to the wrongful accusations from both parties. Twisting an ear forward as the godforsaken mare started speaking again he listened wondering what in the world she would come up with this time around. Instead of insults and more lies came a description and one that sounded like things that had happened before. Lifting his head again he took in the words and wondering if this could have been something similar to what happened months ago. The rift gods had come through portals and so had those the gods had apparently rescued. While he had not spoken directly to any of them he had overheard stories of portals opening up and just sucking them in. Taking a few moments to dredge up the information he finally spoke again to answer all of the strange mare's questions, well once the pair of them stopped talking in gibberish.

"You are in a place called Helovia and yes I grew up here. It sounds like you managed to find a random portal that sucked you down. There was a time not too long ago when many others came through portals to be saved from their homes as they were in danger. A few describe experiences just like you had." Now that the mare had seemed to settle down a little bit he stepped forward carefully to resume snapping off the branches to try and free her from her entanglement. "My name is Aeolus by the way, what's yours?" He asked hoping to start over without the false stories being thrown around. Shooting a glance over to the other stallion he silently wondered if he was just going to stand there or if he was going to help.

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: @Mkali , @Graasvoel •• NOTES: ••

smitty

The winged woman’s quick, hasty “no” belied the lingering of her eyes on his own flesh just moments before— but those covertly appreciative glances were quickly replaced by her anger and violence (but he did not miss them; he had spent a lifetime finding women who gave his hide such looks). “I would never allow a stallion to tie me up like this.” His brows rose at her words, a roughish grin covering his starkly white maw, “Don’t knock it ’til you try it, sk—” but whatever nickname he was about to bestow on the tangled raptor was lost beneath the sharply irritated words of the golden-winged man.

Narrowing yellow eyes snapped to the young cockblock stallion, watching him drop his head to his chest in (what Gaal guessed to be) an attempt to rein in the exasperation that riddled his tone. Amusement flew across his red and yellow eyes, an a low chuckle hummed quietly in his throat, “You didn’t? Well you're lucky enough to have found the lovely lady all trussed up. The man who left her must be cracked.” Hilarity rumbled beneath his rough voice as he suggestively winked at the other, younger man— suspecting that he didn’t find himself lucky at the current moment. 

“Fokof as jy hier nie om jou te help.” The next set of words were also sharp, but stingingly sarcastic and coming from the trapped woman. His pale head cocked slightly, “That’s no way to get anyone to help you, no matter how beautiful you look in all those vines.” There was a mock-chiding that entered his gruff voice, though his eyes darted to ‘Aeolus’ as he answered the Korofi mare’s questions and introduced himself. 

An ice blue glance seemed to ask if he was going to help in untangling the mare. A sigh blew out his nostrils as he grumbled in vain, realizing that Aeolus the gallant was going to help this mare out without bartering for pleasurable services, “What are we going to get out of this, skerpvrou?” But he didn’t really expect an answer.

Though, as he his eyes saw some vines wrapped tauntingly tightly around her haunches and he realized that they would need to be unwrapped by someone, his face brightened as he also drew closer to her. “If you keep still, it shouldn’t hurt too badly,” his grin was wicked as his muzzle reached out to slowly peel the thorns out of her lithe muscle of her hindquarters. 

skerpvrou= sharp woman

image | table by Kiki

@Mkali @Aeolus he's incorrigible

Chimera
Mkali

Y'know, I was starting to feel bad for this foreigner (then again we were the ones on soil far away from our homeland). Maybe I had been a tad bit rash and biting with my words. But could you really blame me? Waking up in some strange forest and wandering around for a while didn't set you up for success. So.. yeah. Technically not my fault. Well, maybe a little.

A scowl tugged at my lips as I turned my attention to the stallion's current sense of anger. I'd certainly be losing my mind in his situation. I mean, stuck with two Korofi? That is fucking hell (I would know). This one - whose name I didn't care to remember - was no exception. Hell, he was worse than some of the pure savage Korofi I had met. And let me tell you some of 'em had foam coming out of their mouths so that's saying a lot...

"I'd much rather be the one doing the tying." I can't believe this conversation was still happening. This had to end because screw the sexy perverted man with his hungry eyes, "Why don't we try now? I tie you up," I paused, allowing a smirk to cross my features, "Especially that awfully annoying mug of yours and then we'll be on our merry way." I motioned to the younger stallion when I said we.

My attention immediately shifted as that previously mentioned stallion began giving an explanation. Finally. It made no sense and reeked of voodoo shit but it was something. "I thank you, Aeolus." I paused, briefly chewing on my bottom lip. "And apologize for earlier. My instinkte - instincts - overwhelmed me." (Plus the fear although I would never admit that existed.

"My name is Mkali of the Eastern Plateaus of Dorobo." While I did not want my fellow Korofian to know my name, a name that the winds knew well, I figured I owed an introduction. He was, after all, getting me out of this mess after I was a complete jackass. "Who controls these portals?" No place was without danger and I was hardly in any when I had been whisked away.

I felt the vulture at my hindquarters. Of course he would be there. Eyes rolled at his words as I flashed my teeth. "An ugly scar for you at this rate, varke."

At last I could move freely - well, easier than before. I could still not fly. Partially to express my gratitude and partially to be a shit head toward a certain pig, I attempted to nuzzle the side of my face against Aeolus. Oh, who was I trying to kid? I was totally trying to get under his skin. One thing I knew was that stallions loathed when mares they clearly wanted to mount showed interest in another (younger) stallion.

(My instincts would choose otherwise but I silenced them for now.)

"Thank you, goue vlerke." My eyes wandered off into the forest, narrowing at the sight. "One more favor and I promise that if you ever need my help I will return the favor - jy het my woord." Before I could plan my next move I had to free myself from these cursed lands. "As a native, may I request that you be my guide out of this forest? Or at least to a clearing where I will be able to take flight." My eyes quietly pleaded with him. I needed to escape - to find a place to unwind and be alone.

ooc typed this on my phone. sorry for any mistakes and for the poor quality ;-;
translations will put them up when I get on my computer.
tags @Aeolus @Graasvoel

nickel

How he had managed to get himself into this position would be forever unknown. Actually it was kind of turning him away from the threshold for a little while while he took the time to mentally recharge from such a draining conversation. First he had been the bad guy... now he was the good guy? Somewhere things had switched and he had a feeling it was due to the other stallion making such strong advances towards the crazy mare. Guess these were the type of guys that Mama had warned him about... pigheaded, rude and predators. Ya that sounded about right for this one that was still unknown to the young hybrid. While he was young he was not oblivious to the obvious temptation that a mare presented but to be honest he was too afraid of what his mother would do to him should he ever act the way that this other brute was acting.

Words continued to be exchanged back and forth between the brute and the tangled raptor though he had no idea what half of them meant, although he could guess on a couple based on reactions. What was this language that they spoke anyway he wondered silently to himself casting glances back and forth to the pair as he continued working to tear away at the mare's restraints. As the mare started speaking again he was surprised by he sudden change in attitude towards him. No longer was he someone she wanted to tear to shreds but rather the one she wanted to go with. Shrugging his shoulders he decided that it was better to just go along with it instead of question why he was no longer on Mkali's hit list.

Listening intently as she spoke her apologies he smiled grateful to hear those words at long last. "If I had to guess it would be the gods that control the portals. They were the ones that opened them before." He mused aloud trying to be as helpful as possible. His body was acutely aware of the mare's proximity though he forced himself to remain as calm as possible despite the intoxication when Mkali nuzzled the side of his face as the restraints dropped away at last.

Fumbling for words he was thankful that the pair seemed a little too distracted in each other to notice his slight pause. "Uhh, ya sure I will be your guide." He replied happily taking a few steps down the trail eager to be going. "If you wanted you could come back home with me. You could rest and regain your strength and even call it your home if you wanted to." He threw in hoping silently that she would accept the offer. It was at least better than being alone, plus she seemed like she would make a good warrior. "It's this way out." He said sweeping his wing in the direction he was heading for her to follow. Now he could only hope that she didn't change her mind about him so he wouldn't have her attacking him from behind.

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: @Mkali , @Graasvoel •• NOTES: ••

smitty

He chuckled richly as the gold-backed mare retorted that she would like to be the one tying him up. He shook his head, “I know better than to trust a Korofi woman to tie me up,” he said between guffaws, “But were you from Uumalah— those women I would trust to do anything.” His starkly ebony brow had knit in consternation to see the midnight-inked bird reach her muzzle for Aeolus’s cheek, and thus had given up his attempts at ‘wooing’ the woman— though wooing was, indeed, a far cry from any of Gaal’s talents (though, many a woman would tell you of his impressive, other talents).

He snorted at her name— she was more a bringer of sarcasm and violence than light, it seemed to him. But, really, who was he to judge a beautiful woman beyond the contours of her face and pigments of her coat? Instead, his bowed his head once, reminiscent of his noble upbringing, “The pleasure is mine, Me. Mkali.”

Ever sharpening raptor’s gaze watched the sweep of goue vlerke’s gilded wings as he gallantly swept their gold feathers towards the exit. A soft sigh pushed out the black nostrils of the vulture as he had slowly shifted away from the winged woman in her pointed choosing of the other man. Though Gaal was forward in his advances and not above sweeping a woman out from another man’s nose, he (surprisingly) did respect a mare’s wishes should they choose another man. There was nothing arousing about being atop a woman who had her sights aimed at another man.

So, with the alluring Korofi woman freed and quickly being swept away by the young colt, he simply ruffled his feathers once in displeasure before calling after the retreating pair in a voice that had lost all of its humor and gained some trappings of the nobility he was raised with, “I’d be remiss not to offer you a home in the Edge, then, as Aeolus has offered you a home with him. There are no other Korofi in the World’s Edge, but there are some of the plains. And one of the Uumalah.” His eyes lingered for a moment on the woman’s retreating haunches, before sweeping up her gilded back to her face and motioning to a more westward path with his own, massive wings, “The choice is yours, Mkali.” Raptor eyes of red and yellow glanced between the two pegasus before heavy limbs began to carry him back into the thick trees, wings tucked tightly to his sides.

Me. Mkali = Miss Mkali (formal)

image | table by Kiki

@Mkali sorry this sucks, but I didn't want you stuck in the Threshold any longer! <3