the Rift

[OPEN] Unfreezing the Motion [AB Tent Crafting Trade]

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
the happy ending depends, of course...
Leaving the Lord of frozen mountains and death behind, he was glad to have Johnny’s brightly peppermint presence to himself. The strain of being diplomatic, of being a proper King, slipped away as he led the genuinely cheerful man deeper into the Edge. Mbwene trundled behind them, happily tucking Jellybean’s fluffy self behind her ear on her neck.

Tembovu’s sweeping strides carried them by memory to the place he had in mind for the tent, while his eyes glanced from the misted trees to the bright green eyes of the man walking beside him. Nostrils were flared, forever taking in the pleasant scent of peppermint that pervaded the air around the red and white stallion, before his mind turned to his own time as crafter for the Edge.

Black rimmed ears perk, navy eyes sparking with curiosity. He had seen Anzanie, once, craft an item with the Moon’s magic. But it hadn’t taxed her the way it had drained and drowned him in darkness. He wondered if another crafter ever felt such overwhelming power when they created things.

“When you craft,” he began to question the Basin Weaver, “How does it feel? The power from the Basin’s patron— does it overwhelm you?” His head cocked as he realized how strange his question sounded once voiced aloud when, in his head, it sounded perfectly appropriate.

He chuckled and shook his skull as they slowly grew nearer to the place where Johnny would create a tent for the Edge. “It’s just past this clump of trees,” he offered, his low rumble breaking the stillness of the mists. The tent would be near their freshwater source, so that it was easy for the herd to find at first. He nodded to himself as the pond came into view.
...on when you end your story.
image | bckg

Continuation of this for @Johnny to craft a tent for WE!

I hope it's okay for Mbwene to PP Jellybean. If not I can change it!

Please tag Tembovu.

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
sweet, sugar, candyman

Tembovu wasn’t the only one happy to get away from the merry little gathering! Although I didn’t mind Deimos - he was quiet and a little dark but didn’t bother me too much - it was certainly easier to speak more freely out of his company. Well, not like I’m going to start trash-talking my herd or anything because we all know I love those jokers. But Deimos did have a certain… wet-blanket effect on any situation and I don’t like to be damp!

Jellybean was thrilled too, happily scrambling up to hitch a ride on what was quickly becoming her favourite creature she had ever seen. Elephants! Who knew! Well, second favourite - Jellybean’s favourite animal would always be herself.

I was just trotting along, trying to keep up with Tembovu’s long and sweeping gait, and was just about to start humming along to some tune before our host piped up with a question. A weird question too. “Umm… no? I guess it did at first, because I didn’t really understand what was happening and it freaked me out. But I grew accustomed to it and the magic… it kinda fits, ya know? Like I was meant to be a Weaver.” It was kind of the perfect job ever. But I mean, I get to craft with fabric and amazing things that I can sleep on - not some creaky glass or cold metal! “One time I woke up and found that I accidentally weaved a bit of wool together in my sleep!”

Okay so maybe I had weaved it before I fell asleep and just forgot but honestly that’s not as good of a story.

“Ah a lovely spot!” I exclaim honestly, looking around at the pond area. “I’ve got some materials here but I might need to scout for a few more if you want to give me a hand, should be pretty easy in such a nice forest! Do you have any colour preferences?” Oh yes! A genuine, Basin-grown tent comes fully equipped with a custom colour!

@Tembovu FINALLY <3
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Ears and head swung towards the tiny peppermint stallion as he answered his self-admittedly strange question. And so the King expected the awkward beginning to the answer, though he was refreshed and relieved by Johnny’s minty honesty. And the King’s head cocked slightly as the Weaver said that the magic fit him. Or did he come to fit the magic? The Elephant’s thoughts turned slightly darker: would he have come to fit the Moon’s magic? He supposed he nearly had; his demons had rejoiced and grown stronger every time he had crafted something as Glazier. His mind had grown darker, focusing on power and failure, rather than focusing on building a future as he did while King.

So, perhaps there was a very heavy truth beneath the Weaver’s simple, candid reply. But such thoughts were swept to the back of his mind as the little candied man admitted to knitting wool in his sleep. A low, warm chuckle rumbled out of his barrel at the thought— finding the mental image equal parts believable and nonsensical.

He nodded at Johnny’s request for help finding materials, “I’ll help you in anyway you require, Johnny,” his words were warm, his smile easy as he stepped away towards the forest to search for materials, “Just tell me what to look for.” Mbwene considered assisting, but was too enthralled with stroking Jellybean’s fluff and feathers to help. And, remembering that she had pushed away her last two companion friends (Tin because of Tembovu’s spar with Raeden and Chico because of his shifting), the King hadn’t the heart to demand she leave the griffin and help him.

He paused, gaze sweeping back to Johnny has he asked about colors. He hummed in uncertainty for a moment, before answering, “Perhaps lilac? And silver? The colors of our Lady Moon.” While he did not harbor the same pious attraction as his Seer did to the Goddess, he still resided within her lands and acted as ruler with her blessing. A little respect and deference might go a long way with the cunning deity.
image | bckg

I questioned posting this because I think my muscle relaxants are kicking in. But then I realized it was @Johnny , so it'd be fine :P

Please tag Tembovu.

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
sweet, sugar, candyman

“Well I can definitely do purple!” I lapsed into thoughtfulness at the other colour request though. “But the silver will be tricky. Might have to come back at a later time and add it in… I don’t have anything shiny with me and I don’t think there are any silver berries. Unless your dear Edge has some secrets!” I waited for Tembovu’s reaction before settling on looking for purple. I showed him the plants I was looking for - some berries for the purple and some hemp for the tent. It would be a more durable material that cotton or wool, the only two that I had much experience with, but I had been practicing! Testing out new plants to find out what would be good for what.

I was on a quest for the softest material in all of Helovia so I could make Aisling a present. And I wasn’t going to rest until I found it.

Hemp wasn’t very soft but I think it’ll weather the… well, weather best. Don’t want to hear any complaints about my poor workmanship! After scouring the forest with Tembovu, we had enough materials that I was confident we’d be able to create the tent. “Okay, I think we’re all good.” Jellybean, of course, was no help at all - she was too thrilled with Mbwene’s attention and her tail wagged happily as she nibbled affectionately on the rim of one of those great ears. The little brat just liked all the attention she was getting, I suspected, but it must feel nice to have someone her own size (or close to it!) to play with.  

I used one red hoof to gently mash the berries into the hemp leaves, staining them. Once satisfied, I cast my bright green eyes to Tembovu. “Alright, stand back my friend.” And then we got to the fun part!! I really don’t understand how this magic works but I start to weave together the materials. It’s a lot bigger than any of the other crafts I’ve tried and I waiver a little bit on my legs toward the end because damn my head was starting to get light-headed. But finally there was a soft purple sheet of fabric stretched out between some trees where Tembovu had instructed me - hanging in a slightly loose dip and creating a rather wonderful canopy. This tent was going to be fantastic when it was all completed! It was just such a shame it was so taxing, I’d love to complete it right now. “Well, what do you think?!” My exhaustion is just going to have to wait, because I want to make sure Tembovu is completely satisfied with what I’ve done!

[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Ears perked attentively as Johnny explained that they’d need a silver berry to include the metallic shade in the tent coloring. His great skulled cocked slightly in interest—how differently the crafters of each herd worked! He briefly thought of the crafters from the Falls, wondering how they worked the substance of their god. Perhaps he should pay the eastern herd a visit…

He shook his head slightly, bringing his mind back to the berries and plants Johnny was pointing out that he needed to craft the tent. A brief nod to show he understood, and the giant Elephant was winding through the loosely clumped trees that sprouted in the center of the Edge. Though he was attentive in his searching, he was woefully less adept than the Weaver at finding the appropriate materials. For every few plants Johnny gathered, he found one. But, still, the great King helped (or tried to).

Mbwene happily snuggled Jellybean, pulling lightly on her fur as she nibbled the sensitive skin of her ear; though it tickled more than anything and she chortled happily, ignoring the work being carried out by the unicorns near her.

“Okay, I think we’re all good.” Tembovu was relieved to hear Johnny’s words, which meant he could end his sad search for the materials required. Instead, he was able to sit back and watch the Weaver carry out his craft. And it was incredible, watching the plants magically unwind into thread-like strands, before weaving on some invisible loom into a large canopy.

But, despite being fascinated by the woven cloth, his sharp navy gaze did not miss the slight tremor in the small stallion’s legs. His own great body shifted, leaning alongside him and offering his bulk as a support to his candied skin. The King grinned in answer to Johnny’s question, “It’s exceptional, my friend. Thank you. Though, I think you should rest a while before finishing it.”
image | bckg

@Johnny I think we can end it here <33

Please tag Tembovu.