the Rift

We found wonderland; you and I got lost in it.

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady
Areli
the flower that smells the sweetest is shy and lowly

Dawn found the girl and the pup asleep together under the canopy. The wolf snored gently (and the filly more enthusiastically), but they both dreamt peacefully, as they should—for they were still oblivious to the adventure that had befallen them. Slipping in and out of time, you see, is easier than one might imagine, especially in Helovia.

Though Birdsong bloomed around the sleeping pair, it had been an Orangemoon morning when Areli and Bee had set out for the Threshold. It had seemed a perfectly ordinary day, under a perfectly ordinary sun. In fact, Bee had thought herself to be chasing a perfectly ordinary butterfly. However, one who has spent enough time in Helovia knows that it is anything but ordinary: it is a strange place and its magic even stranger, particularly about the edges where things grow fuzzy and travellers tend to get lost. The border is a dangerous place to play, even when one is chasing the most ordinary of butterflies.

But then again, how was the girl to know? Mama had gone, and Papa was always busy. No one had warned her of rogue magic and stray time bubbles. Even if they had, she wouldn’t have noticed—after all, she had trotted gaily after Bee and the butterfly right into one without a second thought to the brief hum and static snap. By then, it was too late anyway. And so she had passed a pleasant afternoon frolicking amongst the autumn trees while the world outside moved on into winter, and then into spring.

It was hard to say what circumstances had thrust her back into the reality of this morning—whether the time bubble had burst, or moved, or if it was simply fate was unclear. To be sure, Areli had been fortunate: she had lost only a season, and an exceptionally grueling Frostfall at that. Nevertheless, she would be in for a shock when she woke up from her autumn nap to find spring in full force around her.

But the girl knew none of this yet, and for the moment, Sleeping Beauty and her lapdog snored innocently on.

"speech"

OOC: Hello, my clunkety, rusty self is barging back in :D Open to anyone; tagging @Ilios as requested!
Image Credits || original coding by Tamme; tweaked by Shady || quote by William Wordsworth
[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
ilios
The stallion strode confidently towards the Threshold as a soft breeze ruffled his short mane. A warm smile graced his features as he hummed softly to himself. Spring always made the young stallion happy, and today was one of the best so far. He had plans to go and visit his sister after trying to find another follower. The stallion had successfully brought three newcomers home with him. He had several trips here under his belt and was more than ready to get another. Lani was working out wonderfully in the herd, she was just as bright and bashful as she had been the day he found her here.

He paused right front hoof lifted curiously as he in hailed deeply. Wolf was strong in the air, twisting with the dimmer smell of, "Areli!" He whispered excitedly. Heart swelling with joy the stallion half reared before throwing himself forward. His sister was here! Was she out recruiting for the Falls, or had she simply gotten lost. He figured the latter was true. He couldn't picture his carefree sister and wolf trying to talk anyone into following them home. She would never be able to stay on topic, and he didn't assume she knew enough about the land to give a proper greeting.

As the scents grew strong her slowed ears twisting and nose snuffling. He wanted to sneak up on her, like she would him if she had the chance. When he pinpointed her scent the stallion crept through the bushes. He was expecting to see her standing, instead he found the pair curled up on the ground. He beamed down at her sleeping form. When had she grown so large, and beautiful. She surely took after their mother, with her gentle and slightly dished features. Carefully he stepped closer muzzle lowered. He inhaled her scent softly before gently trying to wake Bee. He did not want the wolf jumping up at attention. He was sure she would protect her bonded in her sleepy daze. He smiled at the wolf gently before turning to his sister. He reached out with the softest of lips. He attempted to gently run his flexible lip over her forehead and right ear. "Wake up Areli." His voice was a low warm whisper coaxed from brightly upturned lips. His eyes sparkled brightly as he looked down at her. The young stallion was so happy he felt like crying, or that his heart would explode.
Talk
Words;; 409
OOC/Tags;; @Areli
I'd sell my soul just to see your face.
And I'd break my bones just to heal your pain.
image credits
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me