the Rift

from a place of absence

Hollow Posts: 7
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.0 :: 1 (Birdsong)
Istina

Forest eyes peer out onto the trail from a hidden place behind the abundant summer foliage in this new land. Hope glimmers brightly on chocolate features even while she remains, to her belief, stealthily observing…a remnant from happier times of hide and seek with her brothers. Lids blink slowly, darker green pupils dilating in wonderment as a large striped beast lumbers by pausing to sniff the air from her direction for a moment before apparently deciding better prospects may be found further down the path. Pent up air steadily pushes its way up from burning lungs and out through flared nostrils in relief. Forest gaze rolls heavenward as she thinks of how quickly her life could have ended all because she has yet to learn to traverse the sky.  

The thought lends itself to another and sadness extinguishes the brightness from before. Never again (to her youthful mind) will she play such games or have her brothers by her side while she works through the exercises all foals must go through to condition the muscles that control their wings. It is because of their absence, she dare not say deaths, that the little filly cannot yet soar through the air or even hover off the ground. Small chocolate head drops a notch in response to a broken heart constricting painfully inside her chest. “Please come back to me”  the child whispers to herself haltingly, her words sorrowful and low.

The fluttering of leaves overhead lifts her gaze to the branches above her and she watches in growing amusement as a family of squirrels chase each other across the tree tops. The gloominess vanishes then to make room for a bubbling laugh that eases away the painful thumping of her heart. The laughter continues for a few moments before fading away into the noonday air while she debates whether to stay in her hiding spot or attempt to meet another willing to share details of this place with her. The gentle breeze tells her others are around but fear holds her slim legs in place, her experience with females (thanks to a neglectful mother) having been less than wonderful. Pale fore hoof dances in the leaves before she places it firmly on the trail…hope shimmering in verdant eyes…There is nothing left to lose, I won’t be a coward anymore.

*Tag me in all replies please
**Powerplay outside of fighting permitted
*All magic and force permitted barring serious injury and/or death

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
I'd sell my soul just to see your face.
And I'd break my bones just to heal your pain.
He smiles warmly as his body moves him slowly through the underbrush. He was determined to make a good impression now that he was a warrior. Ilios wanted to be great, he wanted to be a leader. It was hard to lead or, attempt to, if you didn't have a herd. So he was out searching for another to join his family. Ears pricked and nostrils quivering the stallion listened and scented for a sign of another.

Soft warming laughter reached his ears causing a bright smile to touch his face. He called out softly neighing so it should reach the other before moving in it's direction. He didn't want to startle whomever it was. He had learned his lesson with the last two mares he had met here. His walked slowly towards the place he had heard the laughter. After several strides he pushed through some brush and found a trail. Silver eyes found a much younger girl than he had been expecting. She couldn't have been over a year old. He instantly lowered his horned head switching tact at lightning speed. His wings opened in welcome as his voice was deep and warm, "Hello there, welcome to Helovia." He smiled softly at the chocolate and cream filly.

Bright eyes found the ivy like marking upon her face. A bright grin covered his mouth, "We kind of look a like huh? I'm Ilios, what's your name?" He cooed gently eyes looking around for the filly's family. He knew foals often wondered from their parents, hell he had done it every chance he got. "Are you here alone sweetheart?" He couldn't help the father like voice that slipped from his lips. He loved all foals, young or closer to adult hood. He hated the thought at this young girl might be so alone.
Talk
Words;; 303
OOC/Tags;; @Hollow Sorry it kind of sucks!
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Outcast
Istina

Dancing eyes peer up and down the trail before landing on a new source of entertainment, a pair of bunnies chasing each other back and forth. Russet lips spread into a wide smile as she follows them with her eyes, careful not to disturb their game. Maybe such a strict mother wasn’t always so horrible? She debates mentally, recalling all the times her mother made her stand perfectly still so no one noticed her after a few minutes. The rabbits stop their frantic rushing about suddenly, pink noses twitching while large ears swivel this way and that before darting away out of sight. Hollow listens too, the sound of another like her calling out reaches her ears and she turns to face that direction.

Forest eyes take in the arrival of an older male with an impressive wingspan. Joy lights up her features as she watches him stretch out his wings, her own smaller wings held uselessly to her sides. Without missing a beat she walks confidently toward him, eyes focused on his wings and nothing eyes. Tilting her head to the side she takes in the teal feathers in awe, his words nearly going over her head. His smile catches her attention and she immediately backs up a step to offer him a small bow; lips matching his. “Hello! Is that what this place is called?” Her gaze keeps darting back and forth between his face and his wings much like the rabbits from earlier.

We look alike? Chocolate brow furrows in confusion for a moment before the lines smooth away and her jaw drops a fraction as she notices his facial markings. Her voice comes out softly and full of wonder,“Y-you have the same marks…but how?” Her eyes lose some of their brightness as memories of being tormented for her appearance flood into her brain. Before she can fall into a darker place (a place she hates) he poses another question, his tone reminding her very much of the father she left behind. The filly’s broken heart pangs gently against her ribs but she shoves it away, pleased to meet another soul on her journey alone. “My name is Hollow, by the way.” A pause, should she mention that she is alone? Why not? A kinder soul on her adventures thus far she hasn’t met. “Yes, I’m alone. My family…they sent me away to keep me safe.” Forest gaze wanders away from his silvery one to rest on his wings once more. Maybe he can show me how to fly…

@Ilios <3

He smiles brightly down at that the young filly as she moves closer. He can't help but feel drawn to the lonely youth. He knows in his heart she should be more wary of strangers, but he basks in the way she so easily accepts his presence. He can see in how she accepts him she puts herself in danger. If he was of the twisted kind she could be dead or seriously injured by now. As this horrible thought settles so does a chill. He can feel his skin crawling and ice seeping into his legs; slowly filling him up.

He makes a mental promise to find her a good home, even if she didn't want it with him. He watched her bow and chuckled deeply. Minding his razor sharp horn the hybrid bowed low allowing his knee to touch the ground. Her gentle child like voice drew his frame back to a standing position. His silver eyes gleamed brightly as he looked into her green eyes. He noticed quietly that she was awestruck by his wings, which he found odd. He had never seen another Pegasus so drawn to feathers, it was usually equines and unicorns that were confused. "Yes ma'am this land is called Helovia." He smiled brightly before playfully extending his wing closer towards her chocolate and green face. He tried to tickle her forehead with his silver lined teal feather before pulling them back to his sides carefully.

He grins brightly as she finally notices his ivy masked face. "I'm not sure, but maybe it's fate we found each other. I do think I have a little more than you do though." He chuckled softly and extended his leg up for her examination. He notices the look in her eyes, pain, or was it sadness? Either way she was upset by something. He smiled softly at her trying to ease the suffering with a kind look. He wondered vaguely if she would tell him the truth about being alone. He couldn't see or smell anyone else near them. "It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Hollow." He smiled and dipped his large head low, still minding his horn. His heart aches as she speaks of being alone. Her family sent her away, so young, to be safe? Brows furrowed thoughtfully for a moment before he spoke again,

"Well, I live in a beautiful place called the Dragon's Throat. There are tons of foals there about your age for you to play with, and you would have a new and strong family to protect and love you." He leaned in closer to her concern and fondness growing on his face, "Would that interest you at all?" He looked around playfully, "I would even bet I could teach you how to fly at some point." His voice was a low playful whisper. He winked teasingly watching her curiously, hoping she would agree. he hated the htought of her being all alone at such a fragile age.
Talk
Words;; 499
OOC/Tags;; @Hollow Kind of everywhere, it's late and the Nyquil is kicking in xD
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Outcast
Istina

His chuckle and resulting bow broadens the near constant smile on her face but the glimmer of light reflecting off his horn startles her and it fades. What is that? She stares hard at the sharp looking object affixed to his forehead but no memories of such a growth appear in her mind and she leaves the thought be for now. More important ones form as her eyes dance back to his in time to see his wing approaching seconds before it tickles her forelock and a peal of laughter rings out dispelling any notion of him as a danger. Wide eyes track the graceful movements of his feathered appendages and subconsciously she tries to extend her own bleach tipped wings back. They stir slightly but do not move from her sides, the muscles aching in protest as she has not trained them in the months she has been on the run.

Helovia She tastes the word mentally, rolling it around on her tongue as chocolate ears twist forward to listen. ”Whoa!” She exclaims, shifting excitedly closer to further inspect his vine covered limb. ”Yes, you do! Where I come from, no one has markings like ours.” Where normally her words would be tinged with sadness at that remark, her fascination at meeting another like herself overrides the unpleasant feelings and she laughs again. Features wreathed in pure delight she nearly dances in place at his invitation to find a home.

She stops her prancing though when her family’s faces dance before her green eyes. Even her mostly useless wings seem to droop a bit, the idea of a new family..a replacement, breaking an already broken child’s heart. What if they return to find her with a different family, as though they never existed? A thousand worries play over her russet face but this time his words do not fly over her head and her gaze snaps up to his. ”You would teach me how to fly?” The enthusiasm returns to her and she bounds to his side attempting to lift his right wing up with a soft nose to hide under and inspect it. ”Wait.” Booming voice now hesitant and quiet as wrinkles crease her forehead. ”What if they made it out okay?”

Forest gaze attempts to find his, voice hitching slightly as the fear and aching loneliness she forced herself to hide away for three months comes rising to the surface. ”What if my brothers find me?” Hollow’s voice fades to the whisper of a frightened girl as she attempts to press herself into Ilios’ side, already trusting him more than almost everyone else she has ever met. And for the first time since that awful night, she allows herself to stop being brave.

@Ilios

OOC: ehhhhh it kinda went weird, I'm sorry. <3

As he bows he catches her staring at his horn and smiles kindly.  He has realized by now that not everyone has seen other species of horses, or at least never been up close to them. "Have you ever seen a horn before sweetheart?" he smiled warmly down at her before lowering his head down, "You can touch it if you'd like, just watch the end, it's sharp." He grinned and waited wondering what she would do. He waited until she touched it or didn't before lifting his dome back to her eye level. He smiles as her laughter tickles his ears as her feathers touch her forehead. He watches her wings twitch curiously, "Can you move your wings out? It's a sign of greeting among us winged to open them like this." He paused and spread his feather appendages, "And, the more you move your wings, the stronger they get which makes flying easier."

He grins as she inspects his ivy covered leg. Her words cause his head to tilt to the right curiously, "Huh, well brace yourself. There are some very uh, brightly colored horses here. Some are plain and some are extremely bright, just like some have horns, or wings, or nothing at all." He smiled softly taking care to let her know what is in store for her here in Helovia. He would hate for her to find another like the thief in his herd and get scared. He smiles brightly as she prances as he asks about bringing her to his home.

He watches her mood switch likes foals do so easily to upset, then back to happy. He watches her face and wings fall sadly as unknown thoughts fly through her mind. He laughs as she scampers to his side and nudges at his right wing. He lifts it up and carefully tries to fold it over her young frame. He turns his head smiling to watch her carefully, "Yes, I can try to teach you how to fly, but you have to start moving your wings all the time." His smile fell slightly as her child voice whispered her fears. Her eyes rise to his and he looks into the forest green with his silver. His heart aches at the pain and loneliness etched there. She speaks again about her brothers finding her. He embraces her touch readily, trying to sooth her with his warm hide. "It's ok Hollow, you're safe now sweetheart."His voice is a warm coo as he tries to nuzzle her tiny chest while his wing blankets her. "If you're family does make it here, they will be welcomed into the Throat, or you will be free to go with them." He smiles softly trying so hard to take her sorrow from her, to lighten her young heart. "Until they find you or you want to leave, I can be your new family. My herd will be your family as well I know they will welcome you with open wings." He smiles playfully still trying ti lighten the mood.

Talk
Words;; 510
OOC/Tags;; @Hollow It's ok! Whenever you are ready you can post in rank updates to be made an outcast and I can start the joining thread <3
Tag me

Outcast
Istina

His offer to touch the pointy appendage on his forehead is tempting but she quickly decides against it, not wanting to hurt herself. Though she does not make a move to physically inspect his horn she smiles broadly at him as he raises his head back and says, “No, most have wings.” She pauses as her head tilts to the side in contemplation.  “I saw some without wings though” A sign of greeting? Where she comes from the greeting is more universal for those without the gift of flight. Eagerly she shares with him, “Where I’m from this is how we greet each other.” Her soft nose touches to the center of her chest while her right leg lifts and bends, hoof pointing straight back toward her hind leg. She giggles while she holds the pose and quickly loses her balance but rights herself before tumbling to the ground.

Despite her reaching a year, Hollow’s childhood left her rather young in some aspects and where she was once the largest of her peers, she is now rather small for her age. Quietly she responds to his remarks on the variety in Helovia. “That’s awesome! I always get picked on for my markings and height…do you think anyone here will like me?” Though her speech was softly said, her tone remains light; absolutely positive. From her hiding place under his wing the chocolate girl’s eyes grow wide as the leaves they mimic in color. Small wings flutter slightly, brushing against their sides as she forces unused muscles to expand and retract. “I promise I will!!” She excitedly shouts at him. Her brothers had begun to teach her but were unable to get very far in her lessons before the ambush. The prospect of learning lightens the sad veil around her heart.

His kind words soothe her, a warming balm in a mind trapped in nightmares. The soft touch of his nose to her chest brings a tear or two to her forest eyes but quickly she pushes the despair away. The stallion’s smile is contagious and the filly wants nothing more than to be happy once more…Surely my family would want that? His open wings comment illicits a laugh and she does not hesitate to respond. “Can we go there now, Ilios?” Ducking out from underneath the embrace of her wing’s she charges a few steps down the path, completely unaware if she’s even going the right way. Stopping she turns to him, “Please? I want to have a home again…caves are smelly.” Hollow grins at him before dancing down the path again in what she hopes is the right direction.

@Ilios

OOC: I Pm'd you <3