the Rift

why do we... [open]

Tillas Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

would you could you if really could? or would maybe could you fly away?

I wasn't confident in my abilities. No, that was not the right word- I was too confident so I wasn't confident. Why did I confuse myself as I did? It was simple. Racism, sexism, combined. Right? I didn't naturally have an inquisitive mind, but the recent turns of events had forced myself to examine my nature as I had never done before. A puff of air escaped my nostrils. There was no use in lying- I was racist. Not to the extent of killing or maiming on sight, but I certainly didn't trust other breeds the way I trusted horned beings. That did not mean I would turn away a horse or pegasus, as I may have once done. Complications indeed. It was folly to play at such games. If I wanted to lead, as I so longed, I could no longer be as open as I once been. Once, I had been a book with pages hung wide and clear. Now, it was better to conceal such tempered feelings.

Sexism. Why was I sexist? Perhaps it had had something to do with my upbringing. Raised and worshiped. There had been no arrogant stallions to scorn me, to shut me down quickly as there was in Helovia. Mares, reclusive and seductive as we tend to be, at least know our gender well. But too many of us are down-trodden under the hoof of the colt that calls himself a stag. Patience, patience. I chided myself, flicking my silver tail. I wished I had the tail of a lion, with the lithe grace that came with it, but I was a beauty as I was. A captivating, slender, Arabian mare with a horn of white pearl, a mouth of soft gray, cloven hooves of moonlight turned solid. My mane and tail fell in silky waves, liquid starlight condensed. Eyes a sharp, pale blue, sparkling with youth and not to mention a touch of arrogance.

My hooves picked their way swiftly through the soft snow that cloaked the Heavenly Meadows, a white wool that kissed my fine legs. It was a pure day, of blue skies cast with smooth white frost pulled tightly and long. There was a crunch of snow under me, the tiniest of whispers as the white fluff gave away to me, falling away from my beauty. Beauty. I did enjoy my thoughts, wandering as they did, picking up a twisting path that wound through the wide field. I loved it here, where the air was sharp and clear and purer than my satin hide.

Now, if only the tricky thing called 'The Plague'... hmm... I sighed, gray clouds escaping silver lips. Although my fine tongue is silver, my minds are not to swift, decisive, nor even as strong. I need to find followers, first and foremost. So I should take to the Threshold.

""

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

There was no purpose to find a place, just a want to move, continuing onward to satisfy her hunger from curiosity. The frosty steppe was becoming an invisible map to her mind, there was much more land to cover. Energy renewed, and no want to pass to far from her frosty home she began a trek along the mountains. How much her eyes looked upon them, every peak, dip, and dark spot as if she would forget what they looked like. Such an idea would be impossible, they may fade, the carved faces were something she wanted to hold onto, and she would.

A humming song of old lyrics, her pace she kept adjusted to conserve her energy, using her stamina wisely. How far she would walk she wasn't sure, and rather not be stuck somewhere colder. Especially more because she did not know what was out here, and fighting for life could not be a flashing thought. What would be odd was the sudden path that caught her eye, the one that seemed to lead up. Pleasantly surprised to see such a thing it was carefully her hooves clipped amongst the cold, hard ground and she climbed toward the sky.

Every step was hesitant as if it may be her last, when she continued amongst the clouds, a sense someone had did the same before her her efforts were greeted with an open field. It would have been a prettier sight in the spring, but now it was a white landscape like the rest. It would not be the landscape that caught her attention first. It would be the creamy mare with pale blue eyes. So she was alive after all. "Tillas, I would have thought not to see your hide again." Faelene would mutter, keeping a polite tone, but indifferent stare to the mare.

Tillas Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

would you could you if really could? or would maybe could you fly away?

A mare approaches. Oh gods. It's Faelene. I take a dip back into the past, where I scorned her, pissed her off, set her running. Yet she gives me a cordial greeting, although maybe a touch indifferent. I do not blame her. My behaviour was inexcusable, although I may as well try to apologize. "Faelene." I hesitate, the matter heavy on my mind. "I wish to apologize for my atrocious behaviour when I first entered the Edge, before we were driven away." I do not allude to if I've changed. After all, I don't even know. The whole matter is too complicated, to mixed, too confusing.

I shift my optics to the lovely land, taking in the brilliance of the snow. I wish I could see it in the spring, where the birds are a-fluttering, the butterflies in jewelled robes, the flowers waving their delicate heads in the sweet, blossom-scented wind. I long that I could leap and jump and fly away, leave my confusion behind.

""

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Snow dances in eddies about the two gathered horses, seemingly playful in its white swirls, or perhaps taunting to Tillas' wishes of Birdsong.

Overhead the skies have gathered thick clouds pregnant with a storm. They are rich with snow and dark with foreboding, yet the weather seems calm. The moment does not last.

With the next breath the gentle swath of snow has stilled. There is an eerie calm to this beautiful landscape, one eagerly wrecked by a thunderous clap in the sky and a peal of lightning arcing down to snap at the ground near their feet. As if in response to the cracked sky the clouds split and pour down their children of snow and ice. The wind is anxious to feast and hurries about to gather all the snowflakes, snarling with itself and into the obtrusive bodies of the horses standing in the way of their meal.

The storm has begun.

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

Faelene had been unimpressed by Tillas and her lack of ability to hold her tongue. The red maned was quite curious to find if she had changed, learned something from their encounter or not. It could be said Faelene probably did not know her. The words she had sputtered when joining she would have thought she would have been in the battle, but she had not. Something else Fae was more than likely to hold against her too.

Was this humility she detects by her try of an apology? Faelene does not shift her cool stare, it was more than she had expected from the arrogant lady. "What a surprise," she began, "I appreciate the thought, but rather hope you learned something from the encounter." Faelene softened her voice, though it did not lose it's serious edge. She would say no more.

The clouds above were warning of something, when she looked there was an almost deafening boom with dancing light striking too close for her comfort. Ears pinned back, and a light snort she had escaped a couple and this was what she got now. Being pelted with hale, and thick, miniature snowballs they stung where they hit. It was time to get out of here. "Come on," she called, trotting over to the path, least where she thought it was. The field was too open to find shelter, or that had been her first impression.