the Rift

be.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

This island was once a battleground, but in the sense of peace after it was brought from the Rift, the touch of the Helovian Gods have reached every inch of the island. These Helovian Gods were busy, it seemed, and so when one of their devout needed something, they sent their messengers. Mysterious creatures from the depths of Helovia, as ancient as the gods but as new as the sapling, they moved.

The world seemed quiet, all but the small trickling of water as rain droplets pitter pattered against bright green leaves. It was dawn, and a midnight storm had just rolled through. The only trace was the drops that made their way down from the canopy to the floor of the island forest. Everything was hushed. Everything was sleeping. Except one.

Slowly, from the bark of a tree, emerged a creature. What it was was not completely identifiable. It shook the bark from its shoulders, elegantly sloped and fairy-like, and looked to the sky. Taking a step forward, it embraced the day. It stretched its hands, then its arms, then its torso, and finally its legs. It walked forward on two, strong legs, but slowly. It swayed with the gentle wind, long tresses of hair growing from it's head, neck, back and shoulders being tossed and twisted. Light glittered off of semi-translucent skin, the purplish blood pumping beneath beautifully showing with almost a glow.

When it reached the edge of the island, staring out at the rising sun, it spoke. "Alysanne."

Image Credits

@Alysanne

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
we heal with love,
There was a moment where she thought about it, thought about trying to fly, as she stood on the shores and looked across to the Isles. They looked peaceful, the sweet scent of the night’s rain lingering on the beach and making the jungle of the isles potent enough that she could catch it where she stood. It was invigorating and the pegasus mare was glad she had made her way down here for dawn.

She hadn’t been back here since the battles, since she had told Dacianna about the Edge and searched for her daughter with Iona. It was as far away from the Edge as she could get while still remaining in Helovia, adding to some of the appeal. Although she was feeling better about everything, about her quest, the rulers, her place in the Edge, one conversation with her sister was not enough to relieve her of all the dark thoughts she still needed to sort though.

And distance, under the guise of gathering herbs, had brought her here. Distance that she thought she needed so that she could sort out her own mind, figure out what she needed to do. Even Hemlock was giving her a little bit of space as he hunted

The moment where she debated how to get to the Isles passed quickly and she waded into the cool salt water - using her strong legs to battle the waves and the tide until it turned and dragged her closer to that far shore.

As she swam, her name on the wind teased her - tendrils of black and white mane stirring across her face as she sought the source. Alysanne’s life had never been short on magic but it was rarely so personal. Despite the chill that went through her at the call she barely hesitated and went toward the sound. It was only when she was near enough to stand up in the water and walk through the shadows that she saw the creature, fragile and enchanting in the dawn light. A soft gasp escaped her as she admired it, her steps slow until the water swelled softly around her ankles and there she rests - her green eyes shining as she took in this strange presence.

When she found her voice, it wasn't to say much - and the single word was gentle. “Hello.” Her black head dipped in a gesture of respect and awe, the glass headband she wore tinkling with the movements.
alysanne

WHAAAAAT IS THIS

@Mythical Request
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Helovian Ancient

She came as she was called, and the creature took a step back away from the crashing waves and smiled. Beneath painted red lips--so unusual in this world, but not as unusual as this unknown creature as a whole--were many pointed, dangerous looking teeth that betrayed it's rather frail appearance. As Alysanne drew closer, the creature's figure shifted to resemble something for feminine and fairy-like. It sighed into the wind, tilting its head to the right with a fading smile that rested in a very content-looking facial expression. The creature, the god-messenger, nodded when Alysanne greeted with with respect and awe. Surely, the pegasus had never seen something like this before.

Not quite reptilian, yet not quite feline, but still sharp, yellow and unsettling eyes flicked around the paint's body. "Hello, Alysanne. Why did you not fly over the waters? Your wings are stronger than your legs -- you are a pegasus, after all." The creature's voice was calm, and inquisitive, but hardly raised above the sound of the flitting wind. Dark hair swirled around its feminine, shifted body as it stood before the Moon's follower. Yellow eyes made another observation, and suddenly the wind stopped and the creature's voice darkened, yellow eyes narrowing as it hissed sharply.
"WHERE is Hemlock!?!"

As a messenger sent and created by the gods, this creature understood the importance of a bonded relationship. In fact, this creature in particular held the bond above all other magic in this world, because it was something it simply could not have. The waters churned back behind Alysanne, and the creature lifted its arms, sparks shooting into the sand. "One must never leave their companion behind." It mumbled darkly, eyes lifting to search the sky for the owl. Where the hell was it!?

Image Credits

@Alysanne

we heal with love,
Truly, there was no other creature in Helovia like this one - not that Alysanne had ever seen. But then, she didn’t claim to have knowledge on all the creatures that shared this home with her. She did note the pointed teeth, and wariness mingled with her awe and respect. What could she have done to be blessed with such a visit? If it was a blessing? For now, her instincts told her that she was safe.

The question about her wings inspired a small, sad smile and she shifted the appendages in question, her bright white feathers soft against her sides. “I am a pegasus but… I don’t think my wings are stronger - at least not right now. It’s been years since I’ve flown properly. I just… I always preferred having my feet and heart close to the earth.” She answered truthfully - feeling fairly certain that it was not necessarily a sensation of fear (except for, now, the fear of failure if she tried to fly again). She just… didn’t feel the same need to fly between her destinations that her other pegasus brethren did, even her twin sister.

But then the conversation turned from a curious inquiry to an angry one and her calm demeanour quickly turned to shock. How soon she had angered this beautiful and strange creature! “I’m sorry! He’s hunting insects on the other shore.” Alysanne turned her head to gesture where she had swam from. Ever so faintly she could see the little brown form of her companion, who had just caught a particularly juicy looking dragonfly, changing direction and flying with his bounty to join them - worried over Alysanne’s alarm and wanting to see who had caused it. “But he’ll come along now.” She added gently, shifting nervously as she stood between the churning waters and the sparking creature she was trying to sooth away from this burst of anger.
alysanne

@Mythical Request SORRY COULDN'T HELP BUT REPLY QUICKLY <3
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Helovian Ancient

The creature--still sparking and now steaming--was so narrow sighted on the painted pegasus before her, companionless, that she did not even notice the owl frantically in flight over the waters. The wind, stilled by the creature's rage, suddenly roared and swirled around Alysanne and the God's messenger. Before Alysanne's green eyes, the creature began to grow. She started in the small, fragile-looking, feminine state, but began to rise above the paint's head. The body grew tall, gangly, muscles growing and bones popping. A growling, a deep and grungy sound, echoed from the creature's growing chest. "He should be with you."

Obviously, this raging creature did not truly understand the sacred bond the gods created for their equine children. This creature could not hold a bond, after all. It was some mysterious thing that it coveted, however, and the creature was gifted with being able to strengthen the bond. Pale lips lifted on the creature's face to reveal short, sharp teeth in several rows. "Hemlock needs to be here NOW!" The voice was shrill and it made the leaves on the trees shiver, and the ground shake. Sparks flew wildly from raised arms, and dust gathered around it's tree-trunk like body.

The faintest flash of brown brought the creature to some sanity, however. Yellow eyes flicked upwards and the static stopped. An eyebrow muscle raised--no hair like those forsaken humans show--and the creature began to shrink back to what it had began as. Feminine curves returned, muscles shrinking and bones popping again. "Ah, there he is." The creature murmured.

"You must forgive me for my outburst. The bond between a horse and a creature is what I hold above all else -- even my own llife. My very existence is centered around the bond. Now, tell me Alysanne, about what Hemlock means to you."

Image Credits

@Alysanne -- you can just tag the RE account instead of Mythical Request

we heal with love,
No shortage of fear coursed through Alysane when the creature grew, the wind picking up and tossing her hair and feathers around wildly as she took a step back, green eyes becoming rimmed with white as the once peaceful moment changed within a moment. “He’s coming!” She tried to sound reassuring over the shrill voice and the tremble in the earth, above the wind torrents that tore about around them, tried to calm the creature despite the rising need to get away.

Hemlock flew as fast as he could, weaving through the winds before promptly landing on Alysanne’s head when he arrived. Not only was this his favourite spot but it was also the best vantage point at whatever this creature was. He didn’t like how nervous it was making Alysanne, though its might had diminished now that he had arrived. Still, the threat remained ever-present, hidden beneath the feminine body. The pegasus felt on edge despite the current absence of the static and wind - she would not soon forget the way the ground had shaken when it yelled at her, however peaceful its murmurs might be now.

But her wariness gave way to a strange mingling of understanding and confusion at the next words that it spoke - about how this creature held the bond between horse and companion above all else. Although she wasn’t exactly sure why the bond was so important - she could understand the feeling that came with holding something in such high regard, even beyond your own life.

Which certainly made it easy to answer the question about what Hemlock meant to her.

Despite that wariness, thoughts of Hemlock soothed Alysanne and it was no different now in the aftermath of the strange creature’s rage. Green eyes flickered upward and a fond smile appeared in them, just catching the brown feathers in her periphery of her small companion. The smile remained when she looked to the now-peaceful creature as she tried to convey in words what she felt. “Hemlock is my constant. So much has changed in my life here in Helovia - I had nothing when I came here, and then for a brief flicker of time it seemed I had everything. My sister, my children, a home with friends I loved...” Her voice caught as she remembered just how quickly that had slipped from her again but a gentle nip from Hemlock brought her back to the present, back to what was asked. “That all changed, it keeps changing even now but Hemlock was - is - with me every moment. Even if we’re separated physically for a few moments, we’re together in heart, mind, and soul. Through everything good and everything bad. I didn’t even know what a companion bond was before I came here, there was no such thing where I was born, but I cannot imagine my life without him now. He is my reason and my sense when I lose my way, more of a part of me than my own wings.” Flight was something she could live without - something she had lived without for some time now - but to live without Hemlock? It was unfathomable.
alysanne

@Random Event whoops! Sorry about that
made by the lovely tamme

Helovian Ancient

All evidence of the creature's rage seemed to disappear as Alysanne explained the bond between her and her owl. The creature seemed appeased, even joyous as it listened to the words. Creepy, unusual yellow eyes softened and the creature continued to transform. It became softer, older, and it's back hunched. "Your bond is something special, Alysanne. I believe you have learned a great deal from your time in Helovia. This place is much different than where you lived before, is it not? I assume that it is. Helovia is different than all other places in Lorien. Our gods are strong, and they bless us well." The creature cocked its head to the side some, an amused smile tickling its wrinkled lips that hid sharp teeth.

The creature stepped towards Alysanne and Hemlock. "Hemlock is here to aid you, but your heart is for aiding others. I know that in war you have even attempted to restore strength to your enemies. I've been watching you. I want to give you a gift, something your goddess has given me the power to do." Without hesitation, the creature reached it's long-fingered hand out toward hemlock. From the tips of her fingers green and yellow lights shimmered and moved toward the small owl. The light moved with purpose, and the mysterious creature's yellow eyes glinted with glee. The trees around them moved with joy, the leaves rustling in the calm, warm winds that suddenly wrapped and pulled between them.

"And for you." The creature's voice sounded delighted, and it smiled. The sharp teeth hidden behind its lips were now dulled, more safe looking. The creature snapped the fingers on its left hand, and purple smoke enveloped Alysanne's head and chest for just a moment. When it dissipated, a beautiful piece of jewelry was left in its wake--purple and elegant like the goddess Alysanne pledged herself to. "Hemlock can now help you aid others by more than just gathering herbs. Enjoy."

In an instant, the creature vanished into the earth, and Alysanne and Hemlock were left alone with their gifts.

Image Credits

@Alysanne :: Congrats! Hemlock has been gifted with the companion ability Heal, and Alysanne has been given an ornate, delicate, purple glass jewelry halter and necklace that connect with several strands down her crest and twisting through her mane. It looks much like this. but purple and glass rather than metal and teal: http://images.helovia.net/index.php/view/579421149f2c1]