the Rift

[OPEN] Bring me to LIFE[hatching]

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
ilios
One of the gods had answered his prayers, looked down and noticed how empty his heart was. He wondered which deity had take pity on him. Since she has said he, the stallion was sure that ment either the Sun God or Earth God. Since the cloaked lady said he that marked off the Moon Goddess and he had no connection to the Time God. He looked skyward time and time again wishing he knew for certain which had smiled upon him. He was sure it had been the Sun, the one he always held so dear to his heart, but he did have a connection to the Earth as well. Silver eyes sparkled curiously as he once again thanks the lord of earth and sun. Feeling uneasy about only praising two of the four, he thanked the other two for everything they did as well.

Smiling he turned his attention back to the misty white orb. It was beautiful, glowing, and gentle as it sat among the flowers and soft grass he had plucked. With care he had woven the grass and stems together to make a pretty nest. Well, as pretty as a man can make one anyway. He smiled and nuzzled the egg gently with his whiskery nose ears twitching slightly. The babe had yet to be born and already he felt whole. He could feel the small broken pieces being swept together and ground down for soldering.

He watched the tiny thing for a while wondering what would hatch from the glowing orb. Would it be a wolf like his sisters, or a falcon like his mother's? "I'll love you no matter what you come out to be." He didn't see any reason to whisper, it wasn't like he was scared to admit his feelings, not for this at least. A warm fatherly smile lifted his lips and eyes as he watched it. After a while his stomach began to growl and he wondered only slightly away from the flowery nest. He had picked this spot since it was where he, himself, had been born. He moved away from the glass covered rotunda before lowering his head to eat. As he grazed his ears never left the small egg he had left behind. Once full he quickly made his way back to his physical soul. Silver eyes inspected the shell, there along the middle was a minuscule crack. Ears pricked and eyes sharp the hybrid watched with wild anticipation and wonder as more cracks slowly spread over the egg.

--------------------------
Words/OOC;; 423 AH!! I cannot believe this is finally happening! I'm not sure which one of us is more excited! I stopped it at the egg cracking so everyone that joins will see basically the whole thing <3 I'm going to leave this open over the weekend, I will probably reply Monday sometime. If you need more time let me know <3 Any and all are welcome!
Tags;; @Vesper @Tiamat (but you can post whichever you'd like) @Xolani or @Rexanna might find this interesting! Also @Maui for awesome father daughter bonding?
"Talk."
Scars heal, glory fades
Pain hurts, but only for a minute
'Cause the chicks dig it
image credits
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki

"I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map,
And knew that somehow I could find my way back."

Another day, another adventure.

As I grew stronger, I grew bolder too.  Since the snows had relented, moving around freely was significantly easier.  Snowdrifts may not be an obstacle to a grown horse, but to a child on wobbly legs, snow turned the Basin into a fortress. Of course, things would be much easier if my wings worked, but downy feathers were not meant to sustain flight.  I let out a little huff in disappointment as I shifted the fluffy appendages, and Everly let out her own peep of agreement.  For the time being, the pair of us were earthbound.  But it wouldn’t be forever.

Hopefully.

Everly was again on her chosen perch between my ears as I navigated the great unknown. I had definitely never been to this place before.  There were flowers in colors I had never seen before and a strange structure made of rocks that looked much smoother than those in the caves where I’d become accustomed to sleeping.  I was so caught up that I had all but forgotten my surroundings until Everly’s surprise and intrigue pulled me from my own thoughts. As soon as I turned my head to see what had captured her attention, a little Oh! left my lips. There was someone there!

I recognized him, or at least I thought I did.  The images in my memory were hazy and unclear.  There were so many unfamiliar faces that day, and all of them had sort of blended together in the presence of the mother fish and her intriguing games. Multitasking was not a skill I could claim to have any mastery of.  Things like walking and speaking complete sentences had taken long enough.  The world certainly had high expectations of the youth.

I knew nothing of Gods or blessings or even of the intricacies of companions and the significance they held.  My world was still breathtakingly simple.  My world was just mother and brother and Everly and now father. That was it.  That was all I knew.  That was changing every single day, but it was certainly nice for now.  However it was naïve to assume that things would be the way they were now forever. At least I knew that much.  There was just too much to see, too much to know out there.

Maybe that’s why it was impossible for me to stay put.

Undaunted, I immediately made my way over to the stranger with the pretty wings.  He hadn’t caused any trouble during the mother fish’s games, so I didn’t have any reason to think he wouldn’t be someone I’d want to meet.  And he had an egg! Everly let out an excited chirp as she, too, saw the egg nestled among the flowers.  I trotted over to the stallion and his egg and looked from him, to the egg, and back again.

“What do you think is inside?” I asked, forgoing introductions and nosing up to the stranger. I looked up to the stranger and offered him a smile, and Ev even offered her own chirp in greeting. 

“I’m Vesper, by the way. This is Everly. She came out of an egg too – just like yours!”  Everly was clearly restless and wanted down. “Do you mind if I let her down? She wants to see…” I asked the stallion, hoping he wouldn’t mind.

V E S P E R
image credit

@Ilios

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit

Maui Posts: 6
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 10 Months :: Ages in Tallsun
Candy

Maui

She had come so far and with so little to show for it. Wandering from her mother had caused the pale little fae to be more aware of just how vulnerable she was and how lonely she had started to become. Yes, she may have been part of the Basin but she was not truly one of them. She wasn't anything, wandering around in the wildneress exploring and eventually becoming lost. No one cared.

The self-worth within her had plummeted just like the enthusiasm she had had for life when she was born. The beauty of life given to her by her equally beautiful parents, gone. Shattered. The crown of ivy that wrapped around her pretty little cranium glinted in the sun of Birdsong.

Now she was in the Ancient Rotunda, the place stunning which lightened her heart as she tipped her daggers across its soft soil and grassy areas, just aimlessly wandering. Until she suddenly began to hear a noise, almost whispers through the trees that lay around her. Voices? Picking up the aimless daggers a bit more, she whipped herself with her ivory and golden tassles against her bodice and her lobes pricked to the direction of the sound. She knew that voice, somehow familiar. Eventually her light weight had been carried over the short distance and her efforts had not been in vain, for there stood her father, watching over something whilst another stood by. Maui knew that the little fae, almost certainly younger than her was draped in an astonishing silver and grey, but there was her father. She brushed straight past the little filly and walked over to him, bold as brass and with little emotion in her pools. Yet deep down she felt like she was torn in two.

You left me, I was alone.

The bitterness was evident in the tone of her voice as she addressed him in the one word,
"Father..." a long time she hesitated but her bronze pools remained as cold as before.
" . "

image credits

@Ilios AHHH SHE'S BACK <3

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
Warm sunlight filters through the tree boughs, falling in sparkling beams and throwing mottled patterns across the mare’s back. She saunters forward slowly, enjoying the rejuvenation and life of spring, ever eager to seize the moment and bask in it. What a beautiful season! Blue nostrils curl as she inhales deeply, and she can almost feel the wonderful tingling of her body as the crisp air flows through every crevice and fiber of her being. Cloven hooves spring with each step, nearly dancing, her long tail swaying and curling happily. Sighing to herself, Tiamat pauses for a breath, simply enjoying being alive.

Lowering her head to blow a soft breath over the spring grass, delicate ears suddenly catch distant sounds, cupping the voices and drawing a smile across sapphire lips. Never one to pass up the opportunity of friendship, the ocean mare doesn’t hesitate in her advance. The length of her leonine tail sways in time with her hips as she saunters through the trees, following the trail of voices until they lead her towards the ancient stone pavilion. “Hello?” She murmurs, her tone laced with airy excitement, when the sounds become clearer. Stepping from the trees and into the little clearing, white eyes settle on each of the strangers—two fillies and a stallion—with honest, excited affection.

Her smile widens happily along her lips, tulip ears pressing forward and pale eyes sparkling as she approaches the small gathering, her very enthusiasm seeming to feed off of the freshness and promise of spring. It isn’t until she’s nearly settled among them that she notices the milky orb in the center of their circle. While each egg might look different, it is impossible not to recognize the origins of a companion. Tiamat’s attention settles on the ivy-marked stallion, assuming him to be the blessed recipient of this gift by the way he hovers. “Oh, how exciting! Do you mind if I watch?” Her eyes dance expectedly.

After a short moment, the blue mare looks back to the egg, taking note of the shallow cracks that are already lacing the egg’s pearly surface. Her heart beats with more zeal for a breath, quickening the blood through her veins. While her own anxiousness is undoubtedly minuscule in comparison to the stallion’s, Tiamat cannot help but feel so enthused herself—she has never seen a companion egg hatch before! The connection between bonded individuals is incredible, beautiful, and she feels honored to be able to witness its birth.

“My name is Tiamat…I believe we’ve met before? At some point, maybe,” the ocean mare laughs with a gentle shake of her head, her laughter highlighted by the tinkling of shells in her hair. The ivy-marked stallion is definitely familiar (she is sure that she has seen him around before) but, much to her embarrassment, she can’t seem to recall his name. Looking then to the two fillies, Tiamat grins, reaching out to playfully nuzzle the silver-sprinkled one closest to her. “Well aren’t you adorable,” she coos with laughter in her voice, lifting her eyes to smile another hello to the other, older, filly. Offhandedly she takes note of the girl’s matching ivy marking, but not one to pry, she returns her attention to the egg, waiting with baited breaths.

“Speech.”
tiamat
What you share with the world
is what it keeps of you.

@Ilios | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
ilios
So wrapped up in his excitement and hatching egg he missed the approaching sound of hooves. The sound of a bird chirping causing his horned head to look up ears flicking back. When he saw it was only a young filly his defensive state changed quickly to a warm smile. He had seen this young girl before, with the fish and the egg she had. He was surprised to see a Zephyr perched upon her head. He lowered his head to her level and smiled warmly. He chuckled and extended his wing, trying to hold it over her as she pressed close to him. He would always love and protect the young, no matter who they were. He laughed as she looked at his egg then at him and asked a question. His bass rolled out like warm thunder, "I have no idea. What do you think is in it?" He grinned warmly down at her before shifting his silver eyes back to the egg, then back at her. He was all for being social, but he would be so upset to miss the hatching.

He laughed warmly as she gave their names then asked if she could let her companion down, "My name is Ilios, its a pleasure to meet you both." He paused to smile before answering her, "She is more than welcome in get down and investigate, thank you for asking." He beamed proud that the young could be so polite even at such a young age. He inhaled deeply and was surprised she smelled of the north. 'So, they are allowing hybrids in the north now, huh.'

Just as he finished his thoughts another northern smell touched his nose. Liquid silver eyes turned up hopefully ears pricked praying it would be who he thought it was. Maui. Her beautiful frame slipped into the rotunda and his heart ached. "Maui..." His voice was a soft whisper as he gazed at his lost daughter. She had vanished, just like her mother, Eden. His heart broke as she walked right up to him, empty honey eyes gazing into his silver. Her voice was bitter and almost resentful. "Maui, where have you been?" He moved to embrace his beautiful golden daughter; neck reaching to hopefully drape over her own. "We have to talk about you coming to live with me, okay? I've missed you so much..."

He gazed down at her, taking in how much she had changed in eight months. He had kept his eye out for her, but she had simply been gone. Maybe the snows in the Basin had kept her from him for so long. His thoughts were interrupted by yet another northerner walking in. He recognized this mare as well, but couldn't place a name. She had been there when he had met the massive stallion Tembovu. "Yes, please come and watch miss." He smiled warmly at the taller sea like mare. He smiles as she gives her name and laughs nervously, "I believe we have met before, in the Threshold once. Either way, it's a pleasure to meet you again Tiamat. I'm Ilios, this is Vesper and Everly, and my daughter Maui."

His attention was drawn away suddenly by a pull in his heart. Silver eyes flashed down to the egg and was surprised to see even more cracks upon the shell. His head lowered quickly and he stepped closer as the egg began to rock around. Ears pricked as his heart hammered harder in his chest. His breath quickened and his wings pulled in tight to his body as he watched the shell slowly fall apart. A flash of a memory flicked through his mind; Areli watching Bee hatch from her egg. His mouth went draw with anticipation as small legs erupted from the shell, four in all and pawed. A wolf. Bee and Areli would be ecstatic for that. Then the legs vanished and a feathered head pooped out. Confusion swept through him, but was quickly washed away. Pieces of shell went flying and a small pup lay wet upon the nest he had made for it.

Eyes flew wide as hunger roared through his body. He could feel the empty black places of his heart suddenly heal. She was here. Wait, she? Who cared what gender it was, she was here, his savior.  He had no idea what she was, since her form had changed twice in her hatching, but a name was on his tongue before her even drew a breath. "Welcome to the world Isabella." He beamed down at her before looking up at each of those gathered around him before turning back down to her quickly. There was a small ivy marking on the right side of her face, and golden eyes stared up at him. Carefully he bent his head down and licked her fluffy grey fur clean. He could feel how hungry she was even as he finished his cleaning. A soft growl rumbled through her fox throat. She nipped playfully at his tender nose tiny tail wagging happily, until she turned and saw everyone else that is. her small frame backed up against his face damp fur puffing up in fear and slight anger. Laughter bubbled from him as he spoke softly to her, "It's alright Isabella, they are friends." She looked back at him, but her fur kept standing right up along along her back.
--------------------------------
Talk
Words/OOC;; 901 YAY!!! Sorry ya'll had to wait, I was sick and did not feel well enough to post.
Tags;; @Vesper @Tiamat Maui
Scars heal, glory fades
Pain hurts, but only for a minute
'Cause the chicks dig it
image credits
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Maui Posts: 6
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 10 Months :: Ages in Tallsun
Candy

Maui

A blue-hued fae appeared to pay her homage to the birthing of Ilios' new bonded and Maui could see that her kindness for the occasion was genuine, but the golden-tipped little thing was not in the mood for it. Not now. She simply nodded to her and spoke with a deep tone,
"Hi Tiamat, I am Maui. Ilios' daughter..." A glare spouted from her bronze pools that she flashed at Ilios. She couldn't it, she had felt abandoned. Even the sunlight that was appearing through the high trees and bouncing onto her bodice was not warming up her cold heart.

Ilios' pools were full of the fatherly figure that she had not known and this was something the fae could not handle. He spoke of where she had been and Maui just stood there, motionless and waiting for him to speak further:

"We have to talk about you coming to live with me, okay? I've missed you so much..."

The words fell on almost-deaf ears before she stood and lapped them over in her brain for a moment. Ilios had been so far away for the first months of her life, much like her mother, and she had done little with herself to prove that she was worth anything. She was supposedly a Basiner, but she had no real connection to them other than her mother. The idea of starting afresh inside the Throat was perhaps quite tempting, but it would mean having to be with her father, trying to re-establish their connections. And now with a bonded that he eagerly awaited as the egg began to crack. With a sigh, the pain of lonliness drifted into her pools and suddenly engulfed her, the strain evident on her tones as she spoke back, "You know I've missed you too! You weren't there and now you want to have me back?" She hung her head low and watched the insects crawling around the earth in front of her daggers, "We will talk about this, we will... But not here. Let's have your companion hatch..."

And then Maui remained silent, just hoping that this ordeal would be over and their father-daughter drama could be more private.

" . "

image credits