Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

oh come forth
into the storm and rout
and be my love in the rain

The time had come. 

He is no stalwart mountain, a machine of indestructible magnitude that toils tirelessly through the seasons. Even with the gaps in his memory and the hardening of his once-brittle heart, he tires. Perhaps it is because of the silence in his head that he chooses to do this now. Where once Kaj had signed the scroll with his blood because of love, then honor, then a misplaced sense of duty, he now had no reason to continue on. His reign had come to a quiet and peaceful end, one of his own choosing. 

It was the best ending Kaj could have ever asked for. 

This was not his total ending. There were still pages left in his book, room for ink to spread and flow, room for more stories to be written. But this chapter - long, chaotic, and fruitful - had finally come to a close. It was time for him, personally, to pass the torch. 

He had asked to speak with them the eve prior, though facing Brisa was as uncomfortable as the last time with all that lay unspoken between them. Now he awaited them, in the spot he had designated, feeling more at peace than he had in seasons. Years. It was time to devote his hours to his daughter, to strengthening their forces with his own body. And he was relieved, to be free of this burdensome title that had stopped fitting him when Kahlua had left his side. When they left the Edge. 

They could move on without him. Easily. And he was not insulted by that. He did not believe himself to be anything particularly special. A leader - a Czar - was merely a normal soul plucked from the masses. Just as he was about to ask Brisa to be. 

A nod of welcoming greeted both of them when they arrived. It was time. His eyes first turned to Archibald. 

"I called you here to rescind my title as Czar of the Hidden Falls. The crown has not fit my soul for too long now, and I have a daughter to care for. I believe another would be more fit to rule in my stead." It was spoken with a quiet smile, unashamed and disregarding any judgment that came with the announcement. His handsome face then turned to Brisa. 

"Brisa has been with us since the World's Edge. She is loyal and wise. I would like to promote her in my place if you agree, Archibald." Baby blues softened, almost apologetic as he gazed upon Brisa's beautiful countenance. "And, of course...if you decide to take the position I offer you. You have my faith." But regardless of her choice, from here on out, he would no longer be Czar of the Falls. 

And no news had ever sounded sweeter to his ears. 

Image Credit
Code: Time & Neo

@Archibald @Brisa

Congrats Nickel!

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS

I will give your heart a place to rest when everything you had has turned and left.
I'll weave your names into my ribcage; lock your hearts inside my chest.

The pair arrive as requested, and it is an instant realization upon the Dauntless that something is wrong with his partner Czar. Archibald knew the beast well, and had shared many heartfelt talks with him, encouraging him and supporting him and even keeping him from killing another when it was not his life to take. Archibald also knew that his partner had been faltering on his duties, and the flame of annoyance within his black breast had risen to a forest fire within the past months.

When Kaj spoke to him, Archibald felt a wave of relief. Within the back of his mind, Loretta had given the idea that the Dauntless would need to challenge the light buckskin to take him out of the position. She had thought that Kaj would die on his throne, old and useless and too proud for his own good. In some ways, Archibald agreed with her. He did think, however, that the cur was too harsh in her judgement to the Czar, for she did not understand the turmoil of his heart in the ways that Archibald did. Archibald knew this decision would not come lightly for the stallion, and in some aspect of his brain he was proud of him for making it on his own.

Nodding, the Dauntless turned and stepped towards Brisa. "You have been loyal to me far longer than my reign in the World's Edge. We lived here together, long ago, when we were known as the Windtossed Foothills. I could not think of a more loyal, dedicated soul to stand next to me politically." Archibald offered her a nod of his head that turned into a small bow, and Loretta followed suit. Glad to have the stallion gone she grumbled mentally, and Archibald's tail slapped against her side. He has served as well as he could.

Image Credits

@Brisa

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

It had been a surprise when the grey mare had been summoned by not one but both of the Hidden Falls leaders. First it had been a tree calling her into the depths of the forest to recieve a gracious gift of the most natural kind and now this? The new magic that now flowed through her veins was that of great power and one that could be used to help others of the herd should she ever need to. Flames to protect and wound while a warming touch to heal and restore, it seemed rather fitting for the lonely mason. With Hikari following close behind she tried to keep her heart from beating out of her chest as she formally greeted both of the czars standing before her.

Shocked by Kaj's revealation that he was stepping down she finally managed to look up to meet his face for the first time in months. So much had passed between them over this past year and still to this day her heart was breaking just to be around him and remember what could have been. It was what she had yearned for and it was what Kaj had taken away from her. The second blow to her had been the announcement the he also had a daughter. This struck her harder than she would have imagined leaving her wrestling with the desire to run away and just be done with this whole thing. How could this happen? He had claimed to love her and yet this happens? She was so confused and hurt that he mind could barely comprehend the huge responsibility that now weighed on her shoulders.

Struggling to pull herself out of her grave of emotion her eyes quickly dropped away and she could only hope the faintest blur of tears would not show upon her face. Instead forcing herself to focus on Archibald she was able to pull herself together enough to appear strong on the outside despite falling apart on the inside. "I will do my best to make you both proud." She replied gratefully bowing her head slightly to them both. This was something that would be a huge challenge but she felt that it was something that she was ready to take upon her shoulders. "If I may suggest Syrena be promoted to Mason should she accept so that my old position not just sit to collect dust."

While Syrena had not had too much experience with crafting there was no one else that she felt deserved the role. The kind mare had helped her with finishing the Healer's hut when no one else had shown and for that she was grateful. Hopefully with her new role she would still be able to help out on occasion for she had been really starting to get the hang of it.

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: @Kaj , @Archibald •• NOTES: Brisa gratefully accepts to become the new czar in Kaj's place ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
Picture Credits: Here
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo