the Rift

[PRIVATE] Red Handed

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

"BITCHES GET STUFF DONE." -tina fey

There was a reason that the painted pegasus spent so much time patrolling the Edge. She felt better now knowing there were more sets of eyes watching from the shadows, with the addition of Raeden (and Tin alongside her), but that didn’t give her much cause to relax.  If anything it just promised better coverage of the Edge’s borders – with Raeden watching from the trees while she looked down from above.  A thicker safety net. Never a bad thing. 

It was exactly how she had spotted the little pest who had tried to sneak in the Edge’s borders. The very thought sent a whisper of fire though her insides, and her nostrils flared as she flew a tighter circle over the open space near the cliff’s edge.  Today she was not hunting for intruder.  Today she needed to find Tembovu or Elsa, to let them know what it was that she had interrupted. 

All Iona could offer was a thorough description, but hopefully that would be enough to put the herd on alert.  It was obvious that the little mare had be after something of Dacianna’s, judging by the way she was stalking the other mare, but Iona had intercepted before any damage could be done. Iona wished she had been surprised, but the audacity of others failed to surprise her anymore. She’d just seen too much.

She let out a little huff as she landed, quickly folding her wings and making for the trees.  Iona still felt somewhat aggravated, and continuously adjusted her wings as she walked. Green eyes scanned for a familiar face as she let out another huff of irritation, not at the lack of finding what she was looking for, but at the fact that someone had nearly breached the borders of the Edge on her watch and it so thoroughly crawled under her skin.  Again, she was amazed at how quickly this place – Aly’s place – had become hers as well.  Rather than going gallivanting through the trees on a quest to flush out the herd leaders, though she thought she had spotted Tembovu on her first circuit of the trees, she simply called out and elected to remain in the open. Now didn’t seem like the time to be confined beneath the canopies when she felt like she was ready to crawl out of her own skin.

I O N A

@Tembovu
or 
@Elsa
or both :P

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare

Elsa
My head's underwater, but i'm breathing fine.

It was painful. Trying to drag through day by day was becoming increasingly more difficult. In a herd surrounded by those she trusted, she felt alienated and alone. It was like she didn't belong anymore. The Edge was a jigsaw, and suddenly her piece seemed to be the extra one no one knew what to do with.

Edgar had been quiet since their encounter, instead keeping to himself and only leaving Elsa long enough to hunt. He didn't trust her alone for long periods of time. Especially with a baby whom she once against failed, and one who broke her heart. Thankfully, when Edgar spotted Iona out on his travels, Elsa decided to visit with her specter. They were nothing more than acquaintances, but she figured while Elsa was still sticking around she should at least try to build more relationships among the ranks.

Quietly she meandered her way along the path. She was in no particular rush to socialize, so it took numerous threats and promises from Edgar to finally pull her to Iona. When she came within view, Elsa released a small nicker in greeting, and a nod. Along the way Iona had called out, so she figured there was something of importance to talk about. Part of her was terrified at the prospect of seeing The Elephant King. "Hello. What seems to be the matter?" Her voice was soft and curious. It masked the inner turmoil well as her attentions were focused on Iona. Maybe if this was regarding herd security, it would give her a chance to set out on a little mission and get away from this foreign home. Away from Tembovu, away from all the pain and hurt she tried so hard to avoid.

"their speech goes here and this is the color

code © tamme, picture © chan

@Iona
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty

He watched Elsa. It felt… wrong to do so. But he did. He watched her, from a distance. Though he yearned to approach her, he knew it would do no good. He had already apologized, they had already traded words over the matter. But to see his Queen withdrawn, retracted from the herd and often without even Edgar’s presence… His chest chilled and tightened as he realized it was he who was the source of the Icebound’s self-imposed alienation.

So, it was with sad eyes and reluctant steps that he followed Elsa and Edgar to Iona’s presence. He would have kept his distance, if not for the obvious aggravated annoyance that ruffled his black and white Specter’s frame. He had learned many things as King, and relying on those talented and skilled in their ranks was one of them. And when one of his most adept pegasus was irritated, he knew to take heed.

So, glancing once towards Edgar (though Mbwene kept a continuously sad, if wary, gaze on her Zephyr friend), and giving a lingering, guilty, and morose look to his Queen, he finally fixed his attention on the Edge’s spy. “Yes, Iona, what is it?” His deep voice echoed his Queen’s question.

He was careful to give space between his hulking, hot frame and her cool, slender one. Though he wanted to stand closely alongside her and lean his broad shoulder comfortingly against her own. He didn’t— couldn’t. He knew that. But knowing it didn’t stop his longing.
image credits
- table by Niki -

@Iona

Please tag Tembovu.

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

"BITCHES GET STUFF DONE." -tina fey

Iona was surprised to see Elsa, but pleasantly so.  She couldn’t help but think she’d done herself a disservice by not making more of an effort to get to know the snow queen.  She’d been expecting to find Tembovu straight away, but she dipped her head in greeting to the Edge’s queen and offered the other mare a small smile. “Elsa, I’m glad to see you,” she said, and it wasn’t just because the black and white mare felt like she was losing her goddamned mind.  She took a deep, calming breath and allowed the very presence of one of her leads to ease some of her anxiety.  Was this what getting old was like? If it was, she didn’t like it. 

Before she could even open her mouth to speak, Tembovu made his appearance and she dipped her head to him as well.  Manners, she had them. Sometimes. Her eyes flickered between the two for a moment, but the pressing matters at hand kept Iona from reading anything into the situation.  

“It seems that the Edge has a pest with a penchant for thievery. I caught her not far from border trying to pinch one of Dacianna’s trinkets. She’s someone to be wary of...and I wanted to know what you wanted me to do with her if I caught her again…” She let her voice drift off as her green eyes flickered between the pair.  I mean it was clear the tiny terror needed a proper ass-kicking if she was spotted again, but Iona knew that her idea of justice probably wasn’t acceptable by Helovia’s standards. Hence this little uncomfortable pow wow.  And, of course uncomfortable by the awkward silence that crept into the space between the strange trio, Iona’s word vomit continued.

“She belongs to no herd, as far as I can tell. A tiny little thing, black and covered in gold spikes so she certainly isn’t inconspicuous…” Regaining control of her mouth, she finally managed to wrench her lips shut and shifted her weight from her right to her left and back again - awaiting the judgment of her superiors. 

I O N A

ahahahha this is a million years late because of life and vacation. reply, dont reply. up to you <3
@Tembovu
@Elsa

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit