the Rift

[PRIVATE] dancing on quicksand

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
I’ve become a simple souvenir of someone’s kill
It was a heavy burden to bear. A mixture of guilt, and anger; it all weighed down upon Rexanna and her companion. She carried the burden, all for herself, yet while Marembo did his best to try and brighten up her days - it seemed as though nothing was going to go her way. She did have some good moments, in the last few weeks. She had managed to figure out the name of the life within her, found a friend in an unlikely place, and tried to soothe her Lady as best she could. It all still seemed like too much despite the good times. She still carried a rage deep within her of getting pushed out of the Edge. It really shouldn't have been such a huge deal to her - it's not like Tembovu had told her to leave. It was simply a matter of a messenger. And who's to say that messenger had the best idea in mind? Despite all that, she still laid awake at night contemplating different ideas as to how she could've gotten past that pale pegasus.

And still, she doubted she could have. Even if she wasn't pregnant, she doubted she could've taken control of the situation. She would've had to run in blind into the Edge. And how many more were like her sitting in the shadows, waiting to strike out the match that set the Elephant ablaze? The thought made her shiver, knowing that Calstron was exactly like that. A shadow with a sharp tongue and swift eyes. Waiting for her. Would he be the one to end her? To end the life that he corrupted? What if she had stayed with him, worked with him in his issues? She wouldn't have Rein. She wouldn't have Tembovu. But she would have had that golden pegasus with beautiful black and red striped feathers to call her son. Perhaps even more after that? Or would things have inevitably ended back to her? There was only so much one could do against the insane. Perhaps she could've tried harder.

Nevertheless, she wondered where the Blood Prince had gone since the day he adorned her with her scar. It was the only one that had ever stayed this long and this dark. And Orithia seemed to know that she had been branded by him. It frustrated her further, remembering how she managed to forget about Cal rampaging through Helovia seeking her out. So much had happened, who could blame her? Despite that, the Thief still managed to blame herself with everything. She'd never learn from that.

However, the day was bright and soothing. The sun peeked through the leaves as Rexanna and Remy found themselves in the Blood Falls once more. Besides the fact that the first time the mare had been here it frightened her, she found it surprisingly soothing this time around. A small sigh escaped her nose as she slowly made her way to the river's edge, blue eyes seeking out the crimson waters. Her reflection was tainted with a pink hue, her eyes turning more into a purple, and yet she felt alright with that. Whether or not it was Marembo cooling down her nerves, she was unsure. But the polecat seemed to have a bit more sense than his bonded at this moment, and he tugged at her mane to keep her going. But the Thief couldn't. Her legs were tired and sore from carrying so much extra weight. She had been walking for so long and she was so incredibly tired. But she refused to sleep out in the open, so she stayed swaying by the edge of the river - staring at her tired reflection for at least a few moments longer.

"Talk."
And like the sea—
I’m constantly changing from calm to ill.
Rexanna
image | coding

@Calstron WOOOT. LETS DO THIS.
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Calstron Posts: 43
World's Edge Protector
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8
Goatfairy

[u][b]-ACT VI: A FAILED APOLOGY-[/b][/u]

HE dances across the ground. His hopes were....high. It was silly. Ron knew he was being silly. He'd never allowed himself to feel such joy. Not even with the bitch, in their happiest moments. She'd been far too weak. This new female, Rae, she was violent and strong all while being feminine. It blew his mind how gloriously deceiving she was. The fallen angel felt as if he'd found in her a partner, not prey.

But then the old Ron, the one called Calstron, reared his ugly head then. The side that wanted to sacrifice everything just to avoid admitting he had a problem at all. He couldn't stop stalking her. It haunted him every day. Ron created all sorts of excuses, tried to make them logical...sound. What if she told? What if he lost all this newfound stability? He needed to keep stalking her...if not to kill her it would be to keep her under control. He dreaded the thought of her telling some new lover about all the horrible things he'd done and including his name. It was the fear of every ex really. You know, those relationships which end badly? Maybe you did something a little loopy, called them a few times too many(or when you're drunk) and cringe to think of the past? It was totally like that! Ok, well, a liiiiiiitle more extreme.

No, no no no. That wasn't important right now. Right now he was releasing his stagnant muscles. He was galloping as far as his muscled body would take him.  All the emotions that had filled him to near bursting spilling out with his sweat. The pain, the torture, the anger, the hate, the love, the joy were all falling to the ground in a glorious freedom. The trees whooshed by in a blur, the smells floated past, and life was real. It was real life again. His wings open, lifting him into the heavens; the ascension of the lost soul, now found.

He was delusional in his ecstasy when he saw her, that small speck so far beneath him. It caused him a pause. He didn't want to ever apologize for what he'd done. He still felt as if he'd been in the right. It was her fault for being a harlot, for making him do what he did, and nothing could change that. But perhaps he could apologize for being broken when she'd found him. Tears filled his eyes at the memory of their long nights. Her trying to pry a response out of him, only to get silence and a slap. That part of her had been real....and he'd shut it out.

Overcome, he drops. He falls like a star to earth only to catch himself towards the end, saving himself from a crash landing. He floats the last bit, slowly, until he touches ground softly. He's just in front of her, sweat coating his body in a thick sheen, small tears in his eyes. "I, you bi-...I...You should have never been asked to heal a broken soul when you weren't capable."Its a horrible sort of apology, but Calstron thinks he's glorious. He can't see that the only thing he can do now, as damage control, is to just leave her alone to live her life. She wasn't his anymore but he still felt a right to be connected, a part of her. True honesty would always escape him. She'd been the one to open his eyes, to show him stability, emotion, love, and the one to lead him away from the abuse of his home(When she'd left him). She was important for every reason but the ones he chose.

Coding by Tamme, Customization by Goatfairy, Stock by Vic1230@flickr

@Rexanna

As she stared at her reflection, she noticed a slight splotch of color above her - flying high in the sky before descending rather fast. Eyes widen as she watches the reflection begin to grow larger and larger. She could see the bald face in the reflection, splashed with blood red. Fear raced through her body and she retracted herself from the waters edge. Blue gaze looking around at her surroundings at where she could possibly run to avoid this interaction. But by the time she looked ahead of her once again, it was too late. There he was, in all his glory (at least she thought) as he landed, ebony dipped hooves delicately placing themselves upon the red painted earth. The Blood Prince, sweat glistening off of his pelt and a strange gleam in his eyes.

They were close, all he needed to do was take one step closer to her and he could touch her. The thought made her skin ripple with fear - her swollen belly wide and large with the ever prominent “C” he had given her in their last encounter. But then, he spoke, and her jaw opened slightly in surprise. What was this show from him? Was he playing it up? She remembered when she first got to his home, how she needed to try and talk to him, to open his book - and how long it took to get a single sentence out. Was he apologizing for it? For the pain she had gone through since she realized what kind of monster he truly was?

Cal…” Her voice was soft, gentle, surprised. She wanted to tell him it didn’t matter and that she had tried her best given the situation. But she didn’t want him to think that she deserved any of it. She couldn’t apologize to him, for she had done nothing wrong. “I - I tried to help you. I wanted to help you.” She stammered, the Thief wavering in their close proximity. Able to smell his ever looming scent she had once loved. “You could’ve let me in.” Her voice was gentle, but still wavering as she took a step toward the Blood Prince, her gaze seeking his orange pools of fire. She paused for a few seconds, pushing her better judgement aside as she reached her pale muzzle out, aiming to let her exotic lined face graze the sweaty side of his neck. “I never wanted to hurt you, Cal.

"Talk."
And like the sea—
Rexanna
image | coding

@Calstron

World's Edge Protector
Goatfairy

HE was rolling in the truths of her words, lost. Their past as she saw it was strange to him. It was...insulting. She'd been his roots. No matter how much he behaved like a brute during the day he could still come back to her in the dark to be whole. She...he...the hiccup in her breathing, ever so small. He wanted to hunt her, to kill her, to bury that painful past in the ground under the earth which was his newfound strength.

But he'd come here a wreck, admitting all his deepest thoughts, so what had he expected when their power in the conversation wasn't equal from the start? hmm? What had you been expecting Cal? Absolution? For her to grovel at your hooves and worship your being you little twat? No, of course not. Emotion murders the mind, emotion murders the mind, emotion murders the mind....NO! He screams internally at his thoughts with only an external wince to show for it, just as she reaches her muzzle out. He dances away from the offer to face her. His mind, struggling not to break, turns to another option in the hopes of relieving the new foam on his shoulders,

" I...why did you do it? That ff, I, our foal? Why? " All his apologetic bluster suddenly gone. He wanted to know the truth. He knew he'd not been utterly perfect but he'd not been a tyrant to her(in his mind). " I was broken but I was not a tyrant. You ran, you fucked all my soldiers, and you...our foal. Why? Why not just send him to me?" He chokes out his last words. The thoughts that pained him most late at night. The fact that some part of him had been good with her, that it had been his best true parts, and she'd still run away. He might be infatuated with Raeden and the certain level of real she let him feel, but he'd never be honest like he'd been with this one here. She'd sliced that fear of inferiority from his childhood ever deeper, the scar re-opened and carved once more, and he was not about to let her pass the knife to Rae. The demons were all around and the only time they're let in is when you give them the space.

@Rexanna

Part of her just wanted to touch him once again, to remember the pride that radiated from the Blood Prince. The power that lived within his every muscle, his every being. The very creature that would have made a perfect King (if you didn’t include all of his flaws). But she had been his downfall. Rexanna was beginning to realize that as he tore his body away from her, unable to touch him. So she retracted into herself, pulling her cream and gilded head tight to her chest as he began to speak.

He blabbered, asking her perfectly to know what happened. And all she could do was give him the truth. Her eyes cast down, oceanic pools looking to the blood red that filled the water once again with a heavy sigh. Parting her lips briefly to speak until he interrupted her, harshly speaking of her escape. While it was true, it was blunt to put it that way. It was the only way she escaped him. Lifting her gaze to search for his pools of fire, a frown found her lips. “Cal, he didn’t live to take his first breath.” Her voice was quiet, defeated even. “Believe me, I wanted him to live. But he had gone far before I birthed him.

She shifted her weight, her body heavy with the life that grew within her as she stood along the waters edge. “Do you remember when you searched my memories? When you beat me to get me to comply?” She questioned softly. “I was going to tell you before then that I was with child. You didn’t give me a chance. I don’t know what happened, but I think it was a bit of both of us.” She admitted, lifting a front hoof and letting it scrape across the earth as her eyes fell to the ground again. “I stayed in that clearing for four days, Cal. Four days trying to get him to breathe. I couldn’t just leave him there, he deserved a burial…” Her eyes welled up with tears as she continued to scrape the ground – remembering the agonizing week she spent trying to care for the child that never lived, then the days after for burying him.

"Talk."
And like the sea—
Rexanna
image | coding

@Calstron

World's Edge Protector
Goatfairy

SHE bore all her story, finally, for him to see. Calstron's eyes betray nothing while she speaks of his abuse (Lies, of course) but his eyes show the deepest pain when she speaks of the aftermath. She had not been so deeply evil as to drop the child in its grave after all. The blood knight's head feels heavy, swollen, and he has to take deep breaths to stay upright. His chest heaves with the exquisite weight of what he now knew.

The stallion's face contorts with the agony of a child departed. Its a pain like no other and its a pain that never leaves. It sets even the strongest minds adrift and makes murderers of the best of us. He'd never been the good of either of those.

Was he even this crazy when all this shit started? Sure, he enjoyed twisted shit. But he'd not had the red tide which so often overtook him these days. He'd been in control. He'd been everything that defined power. What was he now? Broken, small, weak, and insane. He was everything that defined a piece of shit. He'd wanted to kill her so badly, to shove her down the cracks as she'd done to him. A tragic, fucked up version of Romeo and Juliet. But she'd just taken that away from him. His fairytale was over and the ending wasn't happy. The carousel had stopped, the clock had struck midnight, and suddenly he'd woken up covered in puke and piss. Who was he going to blame now for the shit being he'd become? Everything, everything, it fell down around him like bricks. All that was left was air rushing in, unwanted, and cold.

Calstron wanted to run from it but his shocked, slack face betrayed him. Could he blame his psychopathic asshole of a father? His fucked up combat trainer who'd taught him the darker things in life? His mother for not protecting him? His mate for lying to him like everyone else? His stillborn foal? No. The blood knight had only himself to blame for his actions.

He should change...could he still change? These moments of clarity were always finding him only to waft away to whisper in some other poor soul's ear. How did he make them stay? The thoughts ping about in his head like painful little pinpricks. The female shuffling before him suddenly holds no meaning for him anymore. She was a memory, she was his past, and he was suddenly painfully aware of how desperately he needed to move on. He gathered his body, his face firm once more. The threatening tears and sweat wiped at as best he could. When he turned to face her his voice did not roll, it did not seduce, it was was not deep. It was short. It was matter of fact.

" Rex, I.......I hope your foals are ok." He nods to her very, very swollen belly. Could he have apologized, spoken everything he'd felt in this moment of painful clarity? No, because he couldn't say he'd feel the same the next time she saw him. Wishing them well was the best he could offer. If he knew what was in store for him with the little devils in her womb he'd probably wish them dead. But, instead, he goes on carefully "I need you to leave me alone. I need to never see you again. I am in the World's Edge now and familiar with the King..." A small lie, but one he was sure she wouldn't know. She smelled of other places than his home. Still, he manages to unknowingly dig his hole deeper. "...And I've met someone else. She is everything that didn't work with us and I cannot have you speaking about us or to her in general. I need you to be silent." The last bit leaves him in a guilty rush. Its meant to be a painful blow. Its meant to end the moment where they'd been connected, where they'd been one in their absolute pain. He had separated himself from her in a permanent, horrible manner, and that was (he thought) to be the end.

@Rexanna

WARNING:
Calstron is a dark character that often utilizes curse words and his posts may contain triggering content.  PG-13, not PG

He didn’t understand. There was no way that he could. He was a monster, born and raised as a killer. She was just thrown to the wolves by the one person that wanted to watch her fall. And while part of her was glad that the King had paid for his debts, Rexanna couldn’t shake the fact that the place she had been born and raised in had crumbled with fire and torture. She could almost hear the screams, tangible and crying out in the air of the Blood Falls as she stood before the Blood Prince. The prince whose life she was once a part of. The tears welled but didn’t break, the situation shifting from blame of their dead son and instead taking a unique turn of events.

Was he apologizing?

Oceanic eyes widened as she stared at the bald face of the nightmare of her past. He began to speak, wishing her and her children well. Her brows furrowed and ears that were once perked to him to listen for his every word now flicked back in uncertainty. Was this really happening? She half shook her head, tried to say thank you, but he continued on. ’I need you to leave me alone.’ The gilded Thief’s eyes narrowed. It wasn’t as if she had been seeking him out. She’d be completely fine with leaving the man alone to do whatever he wanted so long as he wasn’t around her. But as he continued, he spoke of being familiar with the King.

She wanted to call him names, to curse him and be so vividly angry that the demons that haunted the Blood Prince would be envious. Tembovu knew Calstron. After everything that had happened, the King called the Blood Prince his friend? He lived within the borders of the herd? A sharp snort escaped her and again before she could speak the man continued. Her ears wavering in a mix of flicking back with anger and forward to not miss a word. Her eyes never left his orange pools of flame. ‘And I’ve met someone else. She is everything that didn’t work with us and I cannot have you speaking about us or to her in general. I need you to be silent.

Oh what a stranger world it was. While she had done everything in her mind correctly, tried to find love, solace, and happiness, the gods proved their uncaring will against her. They didn’t care whether or not the Thief was happy or ready to snap her neck in agony. And yet, somehow, among the strange weaves of time the murderous man she had loved in the past with so much blood on his hands could somehow be happy and find love. Her brows furrowed, eyes narrowing further as her exotic striped face lowered, horn pointing ever so slowly toward him as her blood boiled and rage began to encompass the Thief. She inhaled sharply, taking a step back from him and swishing her tail in a feisty manner. “Oh have you?” She began, her voice oddly calm but carrying a hidden amount of venom. “You can’t just keep your history a secret, Cal.” She began, frustration dripping from her tones. “She has every right to know, and if you won’t tell her I hope you know one day your sins will come to light.” Her voice was ramping in levels. Her head lifted higher and she looked upon him with oceanic eyes alight with anger. “Better to tell her sooner than later.” She hissed, hoof stamping in the red hued grasses beneath her feet. "I won't be your secret mistake."

"Talk."
And like the sea—
Rexanna
image | coding

@Calstron what a strange turn of events