the Rift

Red Stains [open]

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

d'Artagnan stared at it with unforgiving eyes and head cocked to one side, contemplating it's untimely death. The animal that lay at his feet seemed to have been frozen in the previous night's snowstorm and now sat like an ornament with a snowdrift up on one side. It was at this moment the shade made up his mind that he rather liked the farthest territory in northern Helovia. The place was delightfully harsh to it's residents with only those who possessed a strong body and mind could possibly live up here. At first the blood pelted steed thought the Moon was punishing them for some reason she had not yet deigned to tell them. Now the brute was beginning to see the perks of the land. It was maybe not ideal for a large herd with foals, it was however easy to hide ones secrets in the never ending cold.

The land had been successfully occupied by the fleeing unicorns, those who entered who were not kin were sure to be met with an eyeful of blood lust and a threatening point of an angered horn. No, the place wasn't ideal and trips would have to be made to more southern territories for food, but one could hide an army up here without any others noticing. He wondered if any others were around, if the patrol had some this far up or if there were any intruders wandering. d'Artagnan sighed a great sigh and hoped that meeting the poor dead fellow before him wasn't as exciting as the day got.

With a flick of his tail and the crunch of snow, the Nightshade moved around the corpse towards the Frozen Arch. His mind turning over things he could do for the day and wincing at it's blandness. Maybe tomorrow he might go exploring away from their snowy domain. Life needed to get more exciting.

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo

I wish there was something else to do. He looked around at the cold nothingness, at the barren landscape filled with loss, blood, and little white things called snowflakes. The herd was still around, still formed in groups. The mothers and their foals were on one part. The foals never strayed far from their mothers. He knew one was a Prince and the other a Princess, but he couldn’t tell them from the others. The others were some male and female groups apart, females sitting together and chatting, and males standing around saying nothing, but thinking thoughts of anger, hatred, and revenge. Except for one. He was a bloody silhouette in the white blur of Frostbreath, and his horns looked like the ice that was inside that of the frozen arch, almost like the Cyanice. He didn’t know his name, and something about him made him want to know. He got up and followed him keeping a slow pace behind him so not as to alert him as much as he wanted him to question him.

(Sorry about the foal thing, I don't actually know how many there are...)

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

The shade's musings of death and the blandness of life were interrupted as he noticed his stalker for the first time. An unusual looking stallion whose colouring possessed red accentuates and a delightful crimson horn. His body was predominantly the colour of snow and he stood an inch taller than himself. However, dual coloured eyes immediately zoomed on the heart shaped marking on his left flank with his expression filling with mirth. d'Artagnan turned away from the steed for a moment to control himself before turning back, eyes still full of laughter. He dipped his head to view the marking more clearly and joyfully commented on it, "that's an unfortunate occurrence."

The merlot steed lifted his head back up and viewed the other, back in his normal gruff exterior. "Who are you and why are you following me?"

It wasn't really a question and more of a command laced with intense curiosity. The stallion stood with narrowing eyes wondering what kind of name a poor guy like him would have. If it wasn't for his oddly placed heart the Nightshade might of taken him a bit more seriously, of course, d'Artagnan had yet to take the love splashed stag's personality into account.

Gone were the thoughts of life and it's boring domain, d'Artagnan had a new friend to play with.

filled with rage

Sorcha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Another garnet splashed form made her way into the steppe. She slunk through the blankets of snow, firey tail silk trailing through dust. Though she was no part of the misplaced group of the former Edge, she lingered in the North. There were certainly better places to spend Frostfall, but enough of her time had been spent in solitude. Since her fairly comedic, pleasant meeting with the old boy, Myrddin, the cold storms of these parts seemed less daunting.

Porcelain pools caught sight of the vibrant, ruby and white streaked stallion first. It didn't take long for the same sharp eyes to find the heart-shaped splotch on his haunch. The poor little brute stuck out like a sore thumb in this blank world; the emphasis seeming to fall more over his strange little mark and wild coloring. Sorcha didn't even try to suppress a laugh as she made her way over to the stranger in her reckless, swaying walk. She was just in time to spot another stag, who was apparently just as amused with the view as she was. "Very unfortunate, I'd say."

The scratches on her barrel were almost fully healed now, only pale pink lines marring her intricate pelt. With their passing returned her brash nature in it's full, though there was an unseen trace of wariness in her mind after the bear attack. The dame watched with a cold grin on her pale lips as the more common looking stallion continued. He was no perfect specimen either; a cracked remnant of a second horn stood on his handsome brow. It was not often that she saw others of her own kind with more than one appendage, and never any who matched her six. The bay's flawed set were still intriguing, however. They gleamed like solid crystal on his head. She couldn't help but think that they probably made for a magnificent sight once upon a time. Her attention rose from his horns as the buck's question met the air. "Maybe cupid here fancies you." A sharp retort left her own maw, brimming with sarcasm. At the back of her mind, she realized she didn't want to cause too much conflict with Myrddin's group. The old coot was graced with her interest and liking, even if some of his ideas were a bit flawed.

Hidden Account
teeroo

“Maybe cupid here fancies you.” Valentine ignored the blood stallion’s question, and turned to see a mare with 6 horns prancing toward them. It had been a while since he was made fun of by others, so all he did was laugh. He laugh was light and hearty, and he looked between the mare and the stallion, and introduced himself.
“You could suppose I’m cupid, but then again, we don’t get along much he and I. My name is Valentine. I was born on Valentine’s Day, and born with the mark as well, so I guess it is very appropriate.”
He knew they would probably laugh at that too, but he didn’t care. For once he welcomed a joke, since the seriousness of all that had happened recently shook him, and he hadn’t been this internally damaged since when both his parents died.

(Sorry for the short post, I didn’t really know what else to say.)

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Before the poor heart marked steed could reply a mare of brown and white qualities appeared. d'Artagnan rather prudently noted the ominous looking horns that filled her overo face, all six as sharp as a dagger point. He grumbled something quietly under his breath about the viscous nature of unicorn mares before giving her a sceptical glance as she joined his laughter. Maybe not all is lost a small smile touched his lips at the sarcasm laced into her voice, happy to know their species grew strong even without a land to call their own. With Mauja apparently absent from the scene, to which the bay did worry over, leaving affairs of reclaiming the land to a mare like Psyche was not something d'Artagnan liked much. He looked at the two with interest, would they follow her? Or should he take up the former King's banner and lead them himself. He left the thought stewing in his mind and turned his attention back to his new company.

"Valentine... Was your mother delirious at the time of your birth?" His eyes twinkled with humour but there was no malicious intent there, he wondered briefly if the steed was made fun of most of the time. The shade snorted then and let the matter drop, his attention turning to introductions instead.

"Forgive my jests brother. I'm d'Artagnan the Nightshade" dual oculars looked at the mare then, deliberately giving her horns an appreciating gaze. "I wonder if you're as quick with those horns as you are with your tongue" the comment was meant as a compliment in the shade's own way. It was rare to meet one with a similar humour and rather refreshing after life's dull events. Dark folds of mane flopped to one side as he cocked his head at the paint, "what do they call you?"

filled with rage

Sorcha Posts: N/A
Unregistered

The steady amusement lingered on the roan's profile, even as the boy took her ridiculing well. She felt a quick liking for the tall, unfortunately marked stallion's attitude. In her experience, the other sex tended to take such banter as blows to their pride. The red eyed brute spoke his name in his explanation of his title, and with a smirk she spoke up again. "How could cupid be at odds with one bearing his own trademark? What an outrage." Her satirical tones trilled out, despite holding no real insult in their midst. Another chuckle followed for a few more seconds before fading into a pernicious smile.

Bleached eyes flicked to the other stallion, drawn to his own multi-colored eyes instead of his damaged horn. His name was much more attractive to her ears than the other boy's; foreign and strange. Long ruby tail silk swung around her hind lazily as she watched D'artagnan's gaze move to her own decorated brow. One slender red foreleg moved towards the blood bay as he posed his musing. "Only quicker, D'artagnan. His name left her lips with ease, dark lashing batting in an almost flirtatious manner. Though she was not vying for the stallion's attention, the sarcastic, risky nature she exuded could have been perceived as so. In a dramatic air, the vixen tossed her head, brandishing her slew of burgundy spikes. Dark locks fell haphazardly around her nape as she settled, watching the Nightshade look at her with a pivoted head. "I wouldn't know what they call me. But my name is Sorcha. Why do they call you the Nightshade?"

Hidden Account
teeroo

Valentine looked between the two. She moved in a manner that had seemed like Psyche, he could tell that now. It seemed like Sorcha was flirting with this d’Artagnan, and he wondered how that would play out. d’Artagnan the Nightshade. He had a title, he knew that much, and he was interested in him. He looked at the blood bay, wondering why he had such a title and how he had gotten it. He pondered theses thoughts for a moment, and decided to act on them, but not before he went to Sorcha’s comment. He chuckled once again, and in a sarcastic tone that matched hers, he spoke.
“It’s a rather long, tragic story, one that involves a lot of roses, chocolate, and candy hearts. It’s pretty boring I think, but don’t take my word for it. If you would like to hear however then I shall tell the woeful tale.” He rolled his eyes for dramatic effect, hoping they would see he was joking. He then turned his attention to the Nightshade, answering his remarks. “I’m afraid she was quite delirious indeed. It was the middle of winter after all. Being cold and such, it might have made her see things.” He broke into a grin, not thinking about what had happened in the following years. He made his mind numb so that it would stop all together, otherwise he would go deep into his memories, and he wasn’t in the mood. “It is nice to meet you d’Artagnan as well. The Nightshade is a title yes? How did one such as you earn a title? I mean no disrespect, I’m just simply curious.” As always.

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

Rapha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Bacchus, bless his poor soul, did not know what to do. Should he walk swiftly away from the unicorns back to lovely mistress Sno, or stay and converse with his herd? Correction: Sno's herd. Funnily enough, Bacchus, or Rapha as Sno called him, was soaked in Sno's scent. He had given himself back to slavery, but that did not mean he didn't regret it, nor did it mean he liked slavery. It was undetermined. The shaggy little horse was trotting, anxiously and nervously, but in no way trying to run away from the Ice Princess. All too quickly, he could see the metal wolf bringing him down, teeth crunching into bone, and he could imagine his own screams.

No, he would not run away out of fear.

Yes, it was despicable.

He slowed to a walk, and finally a halt, lingering a couple of feet away, puffing softly, but not daring to speak.

What goes on here, stays here. Lady Sno had told him, and he obeyed.

Hidden Account
teeroo

The hearted stallion watched as a lesser appeared. He looked scared, and he was alone. He should be scared. He looked a Sorcha and the Nightshade, wondering what she would do. Not that he much cared, but was just pondering the action of others. He stepped toward the fragile equine, towering over him and used a demanding voice.
“You there, equine. Who are you and why are you here? I’m afraid you’re quite in dangerous territory, and you should watch your step. It’s not safe for the hornless here.”
He smiled, not the wicked one that showed when he was in his true racist mode, but it was still not one that was welcoming. He pondered how this small hornless would react to him, and he hoped he would be frightened.

(Sorry for the shortness, we are skipping imi at the moment)

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

Hidden Account
teeroo
OCC: d'Art is gone, Bacchus is gone, so if Epona wants to continue that's fine. I'm going to wait a couple of days, and if she doesn't reply this thread will be done