the Rift

[PRIVATE] birds of prey,

Mkali Posts: 7
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Chimera
Mkali

Uumalah. Again and again the name of that horrid place pounds against my skull. A wave of nostalgia - bitter, sick nostalgia - overwhelms practically everything. Painted before me were the gruesome, nauseating scenes of the "pleasure" houses in the lands of sand.

I snorted. Pleasure for only one side of the party. So many mares were brought there against their will. Their ranks I had infiltrated more than once and the information I recovered? Disgusting. There were scenes engraved - broken eyes etched - into my memory that I could never forget. Never forgive.

The circumstances of how I ended up in these new lands so far away from those that were tinged with familiarity were still so mysterious. Portals? The very idea would have never received a second thought if I had not experienced that freakish vortex. But for now there were more pressing matters, more real concepts that I could grasp.

Once I had been lead out of the forest I had backtracked, albeit in the sky where the trees could not grab me, and found him. Korofi were unpredictable - I should know. Tracking was a skill I had honed over the years. Finding such a large brute had been relatively easy, his stench still fresh in my snout.

Low to the ground I flew, following his trail. I did not want to be seen. Not yet. Usually when I wanted to remain hidden it was easily but I was still careful. If he spotted me, if he knew someone was following him, the large stallion did not let it show. I prayed that my skills were as sharp as ever - I wished to keep the upper hand on this stallion whose mind seemed content on finding the best way to get upon a females back.

Eventually I found myself weaving through trees once more. (I missed my plateaus, I missed my deserts). Wings spread out as I hovered, scanning my surroundings. Ancient structures stood tall. In any other situation I would have wished to take a closer look but, for now, my eyes were focused on him.

His muscular structure, his tall form. Yes, I definitely examined it all - I mean.

Ugh. I was here for a reason. Swooping down, I launched myself at him. At the last second I stopped my dive, wings still beating as I asserted myself in front of him. "You spoke of someone from Uumalah. Tell me who."

ooc what is this post idek it sucks I'm so sorry they'll get better I hope

Graasvoel Posts: 97
World's Edge Artificier atk: 3.5 | def: 7.0 | dam: 8.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0hh :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
smitty
THE VULTURE CIRCLES

He left the Threshold, rather more put out than he expected to be by the golden-backed woman leaving with the golden-winged colt. He signed, dark beard swaying with his lumbering strides. His massive wings unfolded, shook, but then refolded. He would walk, giving his multicolored feathers a rest until he felt a pushing need to return to the skies.

But he was not like most Korofi men. Yes he loved women, and yes he enjoyed life’s luxuries. But his veins did not roar with bloodlust and battle. He did not need to show how much strength his great size wielded. In fact, the behemoth had oft avoided the battle training by his father. His sire’s blows had been hard, his yellow eyes cruel. He had preferred warm goats milk and silken cushions to buffets by his father’s wings.

Though, his large and heavy body could pack quite a blow to another— there were a few mares’ backs he had warmed that had already been spoken for by other stallions. And he had defended himself; but he had not stuck around to finish the duels. No, he found no glory nor release in completing battles. Only bruises, bites, and sore muscles.

And he preferred getting those things in much more pleasurable ways than battle.

His bearded head rose as he approached a crumbling building, stark white ears perking as his sharp gaze studied the structure. It was ancient to be sure, but the columns were of fine craftsmanship —

The soft whooshing of wings jerked his yellow eyes to the skies. They widened as he saw the dark tipped, pale wings and dark undercarriage with hooves diving towards him. He stuttered a few steps back, before the falling pegasus drew up and landed lightly and neatly before him. If only he could manage such athleticism— but no, his great form allowed only for soaring and hard landings.

Though the surprised shock was wiped away as recognition flared into his eyes, “Couldn’t stay away too long, skerpvrou?” A rough chuckle pushed out his dark lips. He studied her bright red muzzle and her pale eyes. But he wasn’t left long to admire, for she was throwing questions at him.

He cocked his head slightly pausing for a long moment as he carefully watched her face, “And what do I get in return for such information?” A playfully mischievous grin crossed his white face.

G R A A S V O E L
image credit || texture

@Mkali sorry for the wait <3

Please tag Graasvoel in all posts.

Mkali Posts: 7
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Chimera
Mkali

Hah! I wanted to snort at the surprise look on his handsome ugly maw but, alas, there was simply no time. The expression was like a flash of lightning, although naturally my keen eyes caught it, because within a matter of seconds it was gone. Still.. part of me was disappointed that he hadn't seen me following me, that he was so shocked by my sudden appearance. Aye, he was definitely not a warrior. His size may say one thing but his instincts were dull. Foals with him would be far too much of gamble if they inherited his foul, far too lax nature.

- Not as if I was truly contemplating it. It was simply a line of thought.

"Right. I simply couldn't resist your crude tongue, varke." Pale eyes narrowed in response as I dared to look him in the eye, dared to challenge him in a mini game of dominance. I'll admit that he's handsome - which I suppose I've already admitted - but his blood is far, far too weak to my liking.

His question made me pause or as some would say hesitate. I loathed that word: I much preferred calculating. This information was incredibly valuable to me. But was it valuable to sell my soul to this devilish bastard? That was the real question. "It depends on the quality of your information. Some Korofi are awfully misleading, acting as if they have the upper hoof when in reality they have nothing of interest. Proud fools who think their obvious information is high treasure." I watched the stallion closely for any clues, any tell-tale giveaways.

"With or without you I will eventually find the answer to my question." With my previous.. occupation you needed to know as much information if you wanted to survive: where the Dorobian troops would be, where the important heads were located, where the supply lines ran. If I wanted to know something, I had my way of finding out.

Granted my number of informants had been reset upon entering these lands. This vulture was the closest thing I had to a resource but I refused to let that shake my confidence. "Besides, you claimed yourself to be a gentleman. What sort of gentleman would require payment from someone in need of a simple answer?"

ooc agh don't ever apologize about how long it took when you had to wait 5ever for this
tag @Graasvoel

Graasvoel Posts: 97
World's Edge Artificier atk: 3.5 | def: 7.0 | dam: 8.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0hh :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
smitty
THE VULTURE CIRCLES

Though the hulking stallion is no warrior and does not like to fight, he is by no means submissive. So his yellow and red eyes meet her challenging bright blue stare. His own stare was simple, strong, and anticipatory, though he was not striving to make her submit. ”I simply couldn’t resist your crude tongue, varke His pale ears twitch at her harsh reply to his joking words, though a grin spreads further across his jaw. She was truly Korofi, not of Bahari but of the wilds and filled with the plateau’s fierce spirit.

And then her pause after his next question (proposition, truly) stretched for long, tense moments. His head cocked, as so much of his easy demeanor and words seemed lost on this fierce woman. And then she speaks, her words were skeptical and bordered on insulting, making his dark brows raise even further as his some humor began to melt out of his strongly featured face.

“With or without you, I will eventually find the answer to my question.” A humorless grin spread across his face as his great shoulders shrugged, tawny and rugged coat swaying with the gesture. “I am certain that a skerpvrou like yourself will find what she is looking for,” his grin grew marginally, “I only offer an easier way.”

And, despite initially attempting to recruit this woman for the Edge, this has turned into some sort of test of wills—though, truthfully, the giant man (after having grown up beneath the overpowering, imposing will of his father) was disinterested in such battles. They were tiring, and left the loser downtrodden and the winner victorious but lonely. And, to Gaal, that was no true victory at all.

Again, his head cocked and he grinned (though this time with humor), wings rustling and large feathers resettling as she questions his gentlemanly nature. “Even gentlemen must be paid, Mkali,” and he chuckled around her name as he awaited her reactions and decisions.

G R A A S V O E L
image credit || texture

@Mkali

Please tag Graasvoel in all posts.