the Rift

New Beginnings

Vestival Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
This world is dark and it's so hard to breathe...

High, dark gray mountains with snowy peaks rose above the plains and the unknown, mysterious forest in the distance. The sun ventured a feeble attempt to break through the dense cloud cover, but soon gave up the fight. A solitary figure roamed the landscape, his gaze fixed on the horizon. His bicolor eyes looked dull, as if his soul had left the body ages ago. His beautiful orbs that had once been full of life and hope, were now nothing more than two hollow gaps. A weary sigh was formed in his lungs and was reluctantly forced to leave his body via his mouth to the outside world. The sigh was accompanied by bits of the inner pain inside that was slowly swallowing him. A pain of which Vestival did not know the origin, could not remember. His whole life had been thrown upside down when he had forgotten who and where he was. Every memory, every feeling, it had all been ripped away from him. The only thing the stallion could recall was that he was there, on that shore, lying next to a purplish roan mare of whom he did not know the name. He had asked her about his name, his life, but the mare appeared to be too shocked to answer his questions. So he had left her and had moved on, without any idea of who he was or where he came from.

And now he was here, in this unknown land, not knowing what he was ahead of him. The future was uncertain at this point and the past unknown and swept away from him. Even though he did not know who he once was, he would certainly not be led by his fears. The only thing that mattered was that he was living in the present, not in the past or the future. He took a deep breath and forced his limbs into a powerful gallop. His legs brought him with each step closer to the unknown, mysterious forest - the frontier of a new country.

Once arrived there, the tall trees rose high above the stallion’s body. He paused for a fraction of a second, collecting courage needing to take the next step. A deep sigh followed, after which he finally stepped on the new, unknown land. This was it. A new chapter in his life had begun.

but in this instant, when I laughed along with you,
I felt that breathing just got a little easier.

OOC: Anyone is welcome! :)

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel
Brisa & Hikari

Tossing her head high the pale mare whipped across the fields enjoying the feeling of the earth beneath her feet. The wind blew by her without much resistance tossing with it the long tendrils of mane and tail. The beating of her heart in her chest was rapid as it rushed to supply her with much needed oxygen to power her along on her journey. Hikari followed along at her own pace a little bit behind her, her little legs unable to keep up with her long flowing strides. As the forest began to close in around her only then did she slow her pace allowing her friend to catch up and enjoy each others company as they walked along catching their breath.

All around them she could hear the gentle tunes of the birds in the trees, the squirrels rustling around in the underbrush, and all the other sounds that went along with forest life. While this wasn't technically the mare's favourite place in the world her new duties as Czarina required that she try and help their herd in every way possible. Even if that meant travelling through the threshold it was now something that she needed to do, or felt that she needed to do to help them all thrive. The Falls had plenty of space for all those seeking shelter but lately new recruits had been few and far in between leaving their numbers dwindling a little more than was usual. Many had been sent on missions to outside lands but it still made things seem empty to a degree.

Breaking through some brush the mare found herself standing a little ways off from a much larger beast that she had failed to notice earlier. Taking a sharp surprised breath she gathered her courage before deciding that she might as well see who he was and if he needed any help. Shaking out her mane so that it was not a entire mess she took a few steps forward clearing her throat so not to startle the massive stallion. "Hello? Can I help you find someone or something?" She asked kindly her blue eyes searching for those of the stallion.

"Brisa Speaks"

@Vestival
ooc: Do you want to be tagged in posts?
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

Ashamin the Clovenheart remembered that sigh. He had not lived in Helovia his entire life, and more and more he found himself contemplating how he had come to be as he was. He had entered this land entirely alone and knowing little. No companions had matched his step as they did now, and no scars had painted his hide. Muscle that now rippled and created thick curves in his limbs had once been nothing but lean strings shivering beneath a thinned coat. Now he was strong, sporting a marvelous beard that had grown on him with age and leading his two companions forward with every powerful step.

The day was warm but the wind and distant sight of the Basin's mountains, the walls of the valley he'd once called home, seemed to chill the air. He moved carefully but purposefully, wearing only his fang necklace and the coils on his tail. As of late Ashamin had been searching these woods for others who might be interested in his idea of a new sort of collective—a gathering of loyal but independent beings who valued what they could learn and how they could apply it in the fighting arts, just as he had. In the Basin his talents had been wasted, but in the wild they could always be put to good use. Why not spread that understanding?

So when he saw another enter Helovia, crossing that strange border that he'd been told stripped all of their magic, he sympathized immediately. That sigh, that look—was it trepidation? Helovia was, after all, a massive and intimidating land with its own unique magics and creatures. There was much to learn, and perhaps the Clovenheart could help.

Before he and his companions could make their entrance, however, another mare (smelling of a herd) approached. Ashamin broke through the trees only moments after, but not wanting to repeat her he instead tried to cast a sympathetic glance towards the other stag. "If you're anything like I was when I first came to these lands, I imagine you have more than a few things you might need help with," the painted buck offered kindly.

He took a few steps forward on deeply cloven hooves and his companions followed suit. He nodded to the mare but focused his attentions on the older stag that stood before him. "I am Ashamin the Clovenheart, and my companions are Lochan and Rakt," he said by way of introduction, nodding to the black and red cerndyr respectively. Cautiously he took a few steps closer and proferred his cheek to touch in a gentle greeting before stepping away to give the stranger space. "Welcome to Helovia."

"" ""
ASHAMIN

image credits

Oh my goodness I love @Vestival ! I just stalked his profile... I don't believe we've ever RPed before, but welcome if you're new or just hello if we haven't yet met! I prefer to not be tagged but I love to chat on skype, please feel free to add me! (j.s.n.y.)

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead