the Rift

[PRIVATE] The deed is done

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
Mortuus Nox

He had traveled far and wide to find some herbs for his mender. His gray eyes looked dull and bored as he traveled past the rotting chunks of metal. Large horns towered over his demonic skull reaching for the sky above.It took him a whole season, but he did it. The eerie stallion had found three herbs that would help the basin in some way. The herbs dried in his tangled mane so he would not damage the plants. He had the small peach like berries, odd looking leaves and purple berries, then a weird stem that almost pulsed with blood. Each herd did something very very different, but it would help them in some way.

Cracked hooves carried him towards the healers cave slowly. His body drug through the thawing ground until he came to a stop in front of the healers cave. Cold eyes looked around to see if he could see the bay mare lurking in the shadows. Nox untangled the herbs out of his mane and set them n the stone like ground in front of him. Not only did he her the herbs, but he also had the roots and some of the full plants. Nox thought it would be a good idea to plant it in their home instead of trying to find it all the time. The black maw crept into a smile looking at the work he had accomplished.

Gray eyes found their way in the cave again as he went to speak “Lena I have returned with herbs for you. I am sorry it took so long.” Deep words rumbled from his chest as he spoke into the depths of the cave. The rumbling words rumbled and echoed back to his ears. Eyes narrowed hoping to pick out the figure of the mare. Hopefully Lens was home and not out gathering herbs and wondering about the lands.

OOC:: Sorry it took so long but he is finally back with herbs for your girl!

Herb finding threads::

1:: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=23115

2:: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=22397

3:: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=22505

“Talk.”
Anyone can Die
Only a few live forever

image | coding

@Lena

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather

The morning vestiges slinked and slithered along a tapestry of sunlight patches, hovering and cajoling along the entrance of the cave, then lingering on the walls, sprinkled across a few herbs sent to dry in its mystique. The Songbird wandered in and out of the radiance, shuffling here and there with a hum gliding from between her lips, serenading the darkness, the light, the columns of balance in between. The fairy’s actions were habitual, gleamed from seasons of the same, gliding on muscle memory and ardent regimes, fluttering this way and that for a spell, for an invocation, for a plucking of wisdom and sagacity. She reached for a bundle of plants and moved them elsewhere, studying their roots, their leaves, awaiting the day they could be more than just catalogued (when the greenhouse was finished and its glassy exterior protected them all, aided the growing process, so once one was found, they could plant it and it’d be anew again and again), surveyed, or obtained. Imogen bounced along the cold floor, batting at fallen wisps, following in the midst of absolution – they were all worthy distractions and deterrents from melancholy and desolation. Lena enjoyed the art of her occupation, especially when it afforded and proffered her whole attention. There were no ghosts here, swallowing and consuming the flora and fauna, no gloomy figures, no war mongers, no illustrious fiends – just tokens of healers, waiting for their moment to shine.

The nymph had placed one more towards the back of the cavern when she heard Mortuus Nox at the aperture, returning from the expedition she’d given him all that time ago. But he’d persevered instead of faltered, triumphed instead of stumbled, given up, or whined; he’d accepted his task with determination and diligence, and for that alone, the notion should’ve been triumphed. A smile appeared on the corners of her lips and she lowered the last blossom she’d been holding, placing it beside its brethren, before adhering to the summoning, the beckoning throng, towards the shimmering light of day. Imogen puttered along, curious and inquisitive, basking between legs and shifting her tails, while Lena’s attention segmented solely to the sable Nox and his wares. Her eyes fixated on his, tiara offering a humble bow, and solidifying her inquiry upon the plants strewn before him – some she’d never seen, known, or heard about. How interesting! One resembled a stem, pulsing, beating, with ichor like their own (she might have guessed where it’d been obtained, because she’d been amongst the chords of running blood), and the others were captivating in their own right and light; little berries promising strange fortunes. Her voice chimed, mellifluous and serene, along the layers of sand, snow, and sun, basking in the worthiness of his achievements. “Congratulations! How did you fair?” Head tipped, studying, examining, gaze scrutinizing the prizes he’d managed to discover, before shifting back to him again, gaze bright and full of wonder, curiosity, exalting the fabric of their movements and motions; always a healer, a reasoned, a mender, eager to assuage the broken. “What did you find?”

Lena the Songbird

it's a new dawn
image credits

@Mortuus Nox

Dressy
Mortuus Nox

His cracked hooves stepped an inch closer to the inside of the cave. Deep gray eyes looked at the ground and the stone filled his cold eyes. In of them laid the herbs he traveled so far for. They were wonders of Helovia and they were not easy to find. Some hide in the darkest cornered of the magic ill lands. Cold broken eyes looked to the bay mare and he tried to smile a tattered worn smile. Dread locked tresses hung over his neck from the wind tossed frozen journey. “My trip went well. They can be difficult to find so me should grow these instead of trying to find them. I'm just relieved now that I am home... .” Dusted stone eyes turned to look past the bay mare for a moment. His heavy crown lifted to level out with his muscled withers.

Fist they fell upon the blood coursing herb, and his memory went back to the small filly who attacked Rein. His demonic skull lifted higher as he pushed the pulsing blood like plant forward to the mare. “This one is an odd plant. It pulses with the the crimson like substance in our veins, but it is not blood. It is filled with life and a substance that could sustain life. This plant can make you feel like your prime condition when your starving. It gives you all the vitamins and minerals that life need, but all of them are found in one small plant. This would work for our warriors on the battle field. I call it the planta vitae, or you would know it as Plant or Life. This can be found in the thick brush and briers of the Blood Falls .” Latin words rolled off his tongue as he looked to the next plant.

Stone eyes found their way to the off purple berries and leaves of a short stalk like plant. He remembered the blistering winds of the Rip Tide Isles. Tangled tresses flicked across his scared back as he pushed the next plant forward.
“This one will help out any winged beast in the Basin. The odd berries can be spread across tattered feathers or wings and the leaves are what you eat. Using both together causes the feather and wing growth to re build what ever was damaged. It is found in the Rip Tide Isle, and I do not recommend traveling there. The Plant is hidden in the rocks and thick brush of the land. I call it
cornu herba or Wing Herb.”
A sigh left his maw, weary and tired hooves settled under his weight.

The last herb was found close to home and it had a frozen look to it. The leaves looked like they were trapped in ice and the only sign of life was the peachy pink berries. A cracked hoof pushed this last herb forward. “This one is found close to home. It is concealed withing the frozen rocks of the Steppe. It has the affects that give you a surreal like feel. eating the berries can take away all stress and worry you might have. It calms you down almost the second you swallow the odd sweet berries. It does not make you high nor out of it in any way. I call it sedatio herba or Calming Herb.” After the demonic beast finished speaking he looked to the sweet bay mare. “I hope these are what you were looking for...”

Herb finding threads::

1:: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=23115

2:: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=22397

3:: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=22505

“Talk.”
Anyone can Die
Only a few live forever

image | coding

@ Lena

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather

Attention rapt and dutiful, her eyes wandered to each plant as the fellow healer spoke, leaning closer and closer to study the complex ruminations and enigmas layered within their stems, their stalks, their leaves, their bright, ambient tresses. The first was quite intriguing; she hadn’t imagined such an herb existed, almost a contradictory force, pulsing out ichor but maintaining sustenance, vitamins, minerals, a mighty, stalwart material suitable for not only their warriors, but for everyone else in between. How amazing it would be for mothers who had a difficult labor, for tired, labored crafters and engineers, for spies unwilling to give in to their cloaks and daggers, but requiring nourishment for the long road ahead. “What a discovery!” She whispered, enamored and nodding in agreement over the difficulty of finding such a delicacy (and to think it’d been obtained in the heart of monsters, demons, and fallen Gods, as if born from all the death, decay, and ruin). The next was also intriguing, meant for those with feathers, fronds, wings, and plumes, rebuilding, reweaving, fragile, snapped layers; and she smiled in response (either to its existence or his recommendation of not traversing to the Rip Tide Isles, because she already had seasons before). Then to the last, like ice, like particles of the Basin itself, a calming, wholesome agent, returning others to equable, unflustered temperaments. How many could enjoy its use here, where tensions sometimes ran high and emotions were reeling, where dramatics could escalate and violence could obliterate in a matter of moments (and as a joke, she and Imogen shared a silent giggle at the possibility of passing the plant around during the next herd meeting).

When he’d finished, she smiled all over again, grin wide, enveloping, endeavored and wholesome, content and impressed. He’d gone to the ends of the earth, he’d gone to great lengths, and he’d accomplished the tasks laid out before him without complaint. The sweet notations of her words flowed in deliverance and rhapsody, truth and reverence. “I’m proud of you.” Her eyes flickered back down to the herbs again, admiring their abilities, their practicality, and their future, foretold uses. “These herbs will help so many of our brethren. I’m sure we can keep and grow them in the greenhouse when it’s completed.” The nymph nodded again, confirming her beliefs, daring anyone to abolish them. “Well done, Mortuus.” Thereafter, the nymph glanced back to him, this great, large beast who’d once announced demons contorted and controlled his sentiments, his notions – now toiling away at herb gardens and tending to those wounded, broken, and decrepit. He was inspiring, truly, for the way he’d committed to altering, changing, and morphing the way he looked at things, for not allowing oblivion to swallow him whole, drag him down into the depths. He ought to be commended for all these efforts, trials, and tribulations. It’d been no easy feat, but she knew, she realized, his oaths and assurances were molded, sculpted, deep down in his marrow, solid, tangible, a force in the north. “I think you’ve earned the right to be considered a Medic.” If at all possible, her voice grew merrier, her smile bloomed broader, and the very nature of her soul blossomed a little brighter at the thought of one more blessed beacon amidst the snow and ice. “Do you accept?”

Lena the Songbird

it's a new dawn
image credits

@Mortuus Nox

Dressy
Mortuus Nox

Tired gray eyes looked to the mare and the glimmer of hope warmed the frozen stones. Thick worn tresses flicked over his scared haunches. Lena looked amazed and thanked the beast for his work. His heavy crowned skull dipped to the mare, he knew he did right for his herd. It was hard and the travels wore on his broken soul, but he succeeded. The herds laid on the ground and it only took a whole season away from the Basin to make it that way. He had been gone from home for so long the beast was not sure what his cave looked like now. He was not really sure what changed in the Basin, but he was sure a herd meeting was in the works. The bay mare commended the demonic stallion for these herbs she asked him for. The Basin hopefully will put them to good use. “You asked me to find you something different, so I did. I gave you my word.” Latin tones rumbled from his chest and roared in the cave around them.

Then the mare honored the troubled stag with the position of a medic . He had conquered beast's and shadows to make the change that he did. Nox knew that he would never be pure and free from all troubles. He might look at healing a different way than others, but in the end a body was mended back together. His magic might break down tissues instead of out them back together, but sometimes you need to be broke in order to be fixed. The troubled stag knew this all too well having to go through this himself. He fought off his deep dark demons that controlled every aspect of his troubled mind. A cold smile peaked through the black velvet maw. “I would be honored to be your medic Lena.” Gray eyes looked to the cave around him then his mind trickled to his own home.“Thank you, if you do not mind I would like to visit my own cave now. .” He scare laced pelt turned to travel back to the open world of the Basin after his heavy crown dipped to the mare. He was finally home...

“Talk.”

OOC:: He is going back to his cave now it is up to you if you want to make lena post again! thank you heather!
Anyone can Die
Only a few live forever

image | coding

@Lena