the Rift

Wrap your arms around me.

Adelis Posts: 33
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: Seven
Nevada

>> ADELIS <<

Warm. Why was it so warm? The fawn moved through the trees all alone, her belly swollen like a fat puppy full of worms. Her already narrow face appeared to be hollowed out from the inside, high cheek bones pressing sharply against delicate skin; the pain was not only plainly disguising her face, but cloaking her entire body. The fragile woman merely appeared to be a skeletal frame holding a belly full of rot that may explode at any given time. Her withers and spine sat in a jagged line upon her body, milking the sickly look she already wears. Sweat dripped down the back of her legs and trickled from beneath her thinning mane that reached over either side of her scrawny neck in messy chunks.

It's only Birdsong. Why is it so warm? 'Is it just me?' she wondered as her pulse thrummed in her ears.

Despite the heat, she moved along. She needed water - they needed water. While her body carried what weight she had kept, her mind ran back home to her beloved Dameon. Why had he left her? How could the man she admires promise her eternal love - deep, sappy love that would make their children roll their eyes -, a home... a true family. He had given her everything she had so craved her entire childhood. He embraced her body and each and every scar. "They make you, you Addie." he would always remind her.

...Addie. Would she ever hear the nickname again? She tries hard to swallow back the pain and forming tears, but it's difficult when your mouth has been bone dry for hours. Instead, her rough tongue presses on the back of her teeth, trying to find any saliva that may have formed since her last check. The child inside her belly twitches and stretches, her barrel flexing in response to give it more room. A single tear drips from her left eye, finding a route around the rough edges of her face to fall to the thirsty earth.

The sun finally reaches the middle of the sky, noon bringing nothing but more unbearable heat. She has to have reached Helovia by now. Or was she even headed in the right direction? It had been years since she had left. Since they had left. The antlered woman sighed outwardly, trying to focus on something else. 'One, two, three.. four, five, six -' each quiet step was counted out in her head, slowly steering her mind away from him again.

A large tree with upright branches and small, waxy leaves stood by itself among all of the tall, thin white barked trees and produced a small halo of shade. The ghostly pale woman quickly shifted her point of interest, now hiding below the thick branches in the warm shade. Her ribs rubbed against the smooth bark, the life inside once more moving around uncomfortably; it had to be a rather large child, as she still had an entire season to go before the child should be brought to this world. Dameon was a rather large man in her mind. Though, standing just higher than a pony, it wasn't difficult to seem like a giant compared to the fawn.

Cyan eyes closed to the bright light of the day, images of a painted man with golden-dipped wings and godly eyes appearing in her head. He had helped her upon her first arrival to the gates of Helovia. She had been looking for her sister, Arvakl, but her weak legs and famished body could no longer take her body any further. There was a woman too, she recalled, who had watered the weak girl while in a half unconscious state.

They had saved her life, and she couldn't even remember their names.

"Speech"

"I DISMEMBERED A MILLION FLOWER PETALS
AND YOU STILL DIDN'T LOVE ME."
- J.F.P.

Please tag me in all replies, ♥ 

Banjo Posts: 37
Absent Abyss atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.0
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 4 HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Riven

The only time Banjo felt the need to leave his new northern habitat, was when the pangs of hunger grew intense enough in his pathetically sensitive stomach - who in their right mind after all would sink their snappers into grass so revoltingly tough!

It was quite a bit more difficult making haste in any direction through the Threshold. Banjo’s variation of that, required length enough between trees to bound, boing and bounce - virtually impossible, and so he humped gradually instead southbound with the aid of his fifth limb (tail), towards the fringe of trees which he by then knew opened out onto near endless pasture. It was along the way that he happened upon a rather horse-looking deer standing snug in the low arms of a tree… or was it a deer-looking horse?

“Oi! Hey! I have one for ya!”

The larrikin buck made towards her at much the same slow speed unfortunately, with a brazen smile plastered wholly through his chiselled features. Green eyes were upon her minutes before his awkward, desert-master frame caught up, and they noted as he neared, sweat driving sharp channels down the slope of her lean-lady-legs. It wasn’t that warm was it?

“Whadya call a deer with no eyes?” he began without need for her readiness - Banjo had naught but genuine good-nature written through the slant of his face, and smiled genuinely all the more as his joke  played through the air. "No eye deer!" The quirky character laughed loudly, very much entertained by both the punch-line and relevance (she had after all, antler planted in her mane). "Get ya laughin gear 'round that, ay? Hahaha!"

"Whadya call a deer with no eyes n no legs?"

He paused if for nothing else but effect…

"Still no eye deer!"

It was noon and he still had much of the day to find something to eat, so Banjo figured this deviation off course, would hinder him little. As his voice ceased to admire her reaction (surely she would be more than amused), and as he settled enough to inspect her yellowy-white appearance, the horsaroo noticed the remnants of what could only have been a tear, almost dry there upon her cheek. He swallowed hard, and came to stand closer with a significantly more sensitive expression easing onto his face. “G’day lovey, what’s got ya knickers all up in a knot?” So too did his voice hold a new air of kindness, a softness that wasn't at all beyond his loud personality.

@Adelis
Plots | The Unbound | Absences
I run just like this!
Please tag me in openers and spars.
Feel free to flog n magic me, mild power play is also fine.
Text in the profile and posts reflects stereotypical ocker slang - don’t knock it mate!

Adelis Posts: 33
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: Seven
Nevada

>> ADELIS <<

Footsteps crunched on the dry grasses and narrow twig-infested path just ahead of her, causing Adelis to pick her thin face up once more, aquatic eyes resting on a creature that moved oddly on his feet and balanced himself out with a massive tail. Confused, her ears pressed forward and her large Arabian nostrils fluttered loudly; he even smelled odd compared to the rest of Helovia. "Oi! Hey! I have one for ya!" Quietly she tipped her head to the side, trying as hard as she could to place the accent, but finding very little similar tongues. She had been exposed to so little in her life, this was probably a very common accent that she had yet to stumble upon. He ambled toward her still, a big grin spread across his hybrid face.

"Whadya call a deer with no eyes?" The question twirled in the young fawn's head, brows pulling down slightly as she though. "Uhm, I'm not sure. What?" she inquired, curious as to what a deer with no eyes would be called. "No eyed deer!" he exclaimed, a laugh genuine enough and loud enough to infect the sweating woman's own soul. She smiled broadly, an exhausted laugh trying to light up her bright eyes. Dark hair hung loosely over her scarred face in thick, damp coils. The smile felt good on her face, she hadn't laughed in weeks.

Whatever the man said after that she had not caught, partially because of her own laughter, partially because his accent was so difficult for her to understand. But still he offered another one, her brain over-focusing on his words as he spoke to not miss a thing. "Whatdya call a deer with no eyes n no legs?" the silence only hung around long enough for the brutt to shake her head back and forth, the smile still pulling her dark lips upward. "Still no eye deer!" it took a moment for the emphases on "still" to attach to the fact that the no-legged-no-eyed-deer would be - in fact - still, but when it did, the antlered woman laughed once more, her bright eyes dancing in the shallow happiness that took over.

The hybrid man grew quiet, crawling toward her with a new expression of care unfolding over his long face. "G'day lovely, what's got ya knickers all up in a knot?" The bright smile faded from her dark maw, struggling to stay on the edge of a fake grin. Besides the fact that she was uncomfortably pregnant and sweating, there was an entire life she had just lost and a world of pain that she had previously buried after finding a loving home. She looked down at the man with tired eyes, the corners of her lips pulling up just enough to possibly offer him a bit of reassurance. "I'm just very tired and-" she moved awkwardly on her back feet, her back popping as she did so. "ready to have this baby."

The air felt dewy on her hide, but the stranger looked comfortable and unbothered by the weather. 'It must just be me.' she whined in her head. "I'm Adelis." She finally offered, ears turning to their comfortable positions and no longer straining forward.

"Speech"
@Banjo
Ooc: Sorry it took so long to get back! Banjo is so cute and funny, c:

"I DISMEMBERED A MILLION FLOWER PETALS
AND YOU STILL DIDN'T LOVE ME."
- J.F.P.

Please tag me in all replies, ♥ 

Chaska Posts: 9
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 5.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hands :: 3 HP: 62.0 | Buff: Novice
Chaska
The golden buckskin sabino pegasus had been following the roo's scent through the threshold, still not wanting to be alone. There was no more distinct aroma then Banjo's that was for sure. He was easy to track even without his scent, he left very unique prints. Chaska kept his molted wings close to his body as he moved towards the strong scent. The stallion was ducking under trees when a new scent flooded his nostils. Female? He thought quizzically.

The mature stallion gingerly stepped around twigs and brush as he neared the mixing scents. Before he say anything his sensitive ebony ears caught a voice. With auds shoved forward he caught only a feminine voice saying a name, 'Adelis'. A friendly smile played across his features as he broke through the low branches and brush.

Chaska nodded his head at his new herd mate before he spoke, "Banj! I have been lookin for ya. I umm...had a question about our herd or group? But it can wait I see you are busy." He looked at the antlered female. She looked so malnourished but her stomach was swollen. 'Hmm' the golden stallion wondered but would not be so rude as to ask.

Instead he turned his body towards her and observed her closer. The thin doe has a impressively long wavy locks and puckering scars riddling her lean frame. A large scar ran from her right eye to her nostril. The stallion sighed sympathetically 'She must have had a hard life. I must be gentle to her, very kind at the very least.' Chaska rested his emerald orbs on the doe's hip. She seemed soaked with dew, no it was not dewy or foggy at the moment. Chaska looked closer, it was beads of sweat running off of the poor fae. But it was not so warm?

Chaska made a quick decision and unfolded his large black and white molted feathered wings ever so slowly until they were over his head. "Excuse me miss, I have noticed you are sweating profusely and I only wish to help. My name is Chaska and you see these wings are better than the small amount of breeze that passes through these woods. If it is too much just tell me so and I will stop. I will not hurt you, I promise." the golden male stated before he extended his plumage and turned them sideways. He looked at the fragile creature before him once more before he began moving his wings slowly at first. He built up some speed until be began to hear swooshing from his personal fan. He stayed at a steady pace for a few minutes hoping he wasn't scaring the female. His ebony mane wisped around from the steady fanning of Chaska's plumage. The sabino pegasus watched the face of the doe carefully for any uncomfortable gestures or displeasure.

"A promise means EVERYTHING. But once it is broken, sorry means NOTHING."

[Image: chaskadasize_by_bonjourbunnie-dabox3w.png]

Banjo Posts: 37
Absent Abyss atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.0
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 4 HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Riven

The eccentric, mealy-coloured, long-footed, big-eared, fat-tailed creature was no psychic, that much was true, but he didn’t need to be either to read the lines of disharmony all over her skinny, hungry-looking little face, and the bandaid of fake happiness smoothed awkwardly over the top; it stuck out like dunny in the desert. The frail smile dressing her sooty lips, those through which cute pops of feminine laugher had just escaped, soon withered into a look more (or less?) natural, and disconcerting all at once. Was he ready for this, the outpouring of convoluted, exaggerated feminine woe that he had so brazenly encouraged - of course he was!

Banjo was all heart, though more often than not a bit rough around the edges and too easily misunderstood. The unhappiness bugging this pretty sheila was unquestionably a concern he was willing to own; sort out if he could too.

It was worse than expected though - a disaster, a catastrophe!

This girl was up the duff. It was no bloody wonder her feelings were splayed out across the universe, she was possessed - those kinda hormones were the devil!

As her fine ears turned to rest, the horsaroo smiled gently, quietly and opened his peculiar jaws to speak. Promptly he was interrupted however, by the unexpected arrival of the newest member of Ashamin’s beaut crew - “Chaz mate!” he greeted brightly, sliding awkwardly left to accomodate his bird-buddy into the conversation. “Meet Addie - Addie, Chaz…” He introduced the pair with boundless confidence, shifting a five-fingered hand via each as their name hit the air. “…I was about to say girlie, that’ya need a solid feed and somewhere to kick back and take a load off (possibly not the most sensitive choice of words) …we could take care’v ya, and the little rugrat too if ya wanted when you pop?” Hold the sauce please!

To the newcomer he explained, “Addie here’s knocked up with nowhere to go!” A bold presumption, as was always his style.

It was about that time that Chaska returned from his fantasy-land all sparkly up their in the isolation of his own head, to their little gathering - his wandering eyes had for the second time in as many days struck perceptive Banjo’s fancy. This time however, lover-boy had more tact, subtlety, or (boringly) perhaps he was just being polite. He’d checked miss Adelis out a goodie and began suddenly, but not startlingly, to unravel those giant extra limbs of his; long glossy feathers glinting remarkably in the shifting, shafts of sunlight. Building momentum gradually as his rather charming words filled the space, the buckskin fanned her - a rather unorthodox, but impressive gesture. “Ada’boy!” he grinned proudly, glancing towards their miserable company with a swift wink.

Barely seconds later, the odd buck was manoeuvring himself into the nifty wind beside their sweaty, hormone riddled friend. "Is there anything ya wanna know?" He was experienced enough with this newcomer thing by now to realise that they all had questions, wanted comparisons, and Banjo was more than happy to mimic all that he'd heard so far - as for personal experience, the amount of his was laughable.

@Adelis @Chaska
Plots | The Unbound | Absences
I run just like this!
Please tag me in openers and spars.
Feel free to flog n magic me, mild power play is also fine.
Text in the profile and posts reflects stereotypical ocker slang - don’t knock it mate!