the Rift

[PRIVATE] infinite potential

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

ALYSANNE.
Paint with all the colours of the wind
For the first time in what felt like a very long time, she had an almost peaceful conversation with Tembovu - with only a few minor snarky comments but it was easier to actually talk to him when there was a reason outside of themselves… and when he seemed to be in a hurry to get somewhere else which made the conversation delightfully brief. Even his promise to come back when he was able to wasn’t enough to entirely ruin her mood. This was, after all, how she preferred for this to happen. For them to talk about it first, ensure that all parties were happy with the idea, and then act.

Alysanne wasn’t so unreasonable to actually get annoyed with him for doing what she asked. And she was pleased to know that one of her healers had been active enough to be noticed by not only her, but other members of the herd as well.

“Help me find her, Hemlock?” She asked of the small owl, her green eyes looking up to him where he perched on the top of her head. He didn’t quite share in her temporary peace with Tembovu, mistrusting the odd king as much as he did any stallion, and was happy to find someone else for her to talk to. Taking off silently, he weaved through forest, lit with the golden rays of the setting sun. Although she had been starting to practice flying again, the close growing trees were hardly easy for a pegasus to weave through - especially a novice like her. So she picked up an easy trot, moving with grace across the needle covered ground as she never could in the air, and joined the search for her flying teacher and fellow healer.

image credit
table by imi <3

@Lyanna feel free to PP Hemlock finding her/leading her to Aly or have her find Aly on her own :D
@Tembovu (when you get the chance <3)
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

She’s been making it a habit to stay in the Edge more. Wandering was nothing but an excuse to keep feeling sad and miserable and like an outcast. Of course she felt like an outcast. She’d out-casted herself, leaving every day like she was in exile during the waking hours. It was easier though, to keep feeling sad and miserable and pathetic. It was easier than trying. It was easier than admitting this was really her life now. Corbin and Adelene and her parents were gone, and with the exception of perhaps Adelene, they were not coming back. And she sort of doubted her sister would come back either.

She had to live. She had to try. Corbin was probably rolling over in his grave with her attitude. No, scratch that. No one was left to dig him a grave. Unless there were a few remaining supporters for her family, a few brave souls that might have buried him in the middle of the night. It would be treason now to bury the dead members of her family. Maybe they were burned, but they were not buried.

Corbin was probably yelling at her from the Other Side. Yes, that works. Except no, not yelling. He didn’t yell. He got really quiet and disappointed and that was endlessly worse. She could always see it in his eyes; teal like hers though tinged with a hint of gray. He never needed to talk – she always knew when she saw those eyes.

So today, because those damn eyes haunt her even still, she’s in the Edge when Hemlock comes to find her. Like usual, she’s wandering the forest, the one place she has spent some time in here. She knows it reasonably well, for having spent only a few seasons calling it home. But of course, she’s always loved forests, no matter how oxymoronic it is that she loves both flying and tight, claustrophobic, tree-covered spaced.

A soft hoot draws her attention up, and she smiles as she sees the now familiar owl. “Hemlock,” she says with a smile and a nod by way of greeting. He seems pleased to see her and swoops lower, circling around her once until she gets the picture. “Ah, I should follow?” She assumes this means Alysanne is looking for her, though for what reason exactly, Lyanna isn’t sure.

Their recent encounter flits into her mind, and she can’t help the pang of worry that hits her gut. Was Alysanne upset that Lyanna had intruded on a private moment? But no, she didn’t seem like that type of mare really. Stop worrying, she chides in her own head, wondering what it might be like to have a companion doing the chiding for her. Not that she needed more – she did it plenty herself – but the thought amuses her.

She follows Hemlock until they find Alysanne, not all that far away. “Alysanne,” she says, again smiling and nodding as a greeting. Ah, such a Princess Lyanna. Some habits die hard. “Were you looking for me?” Her grin is a bit more playful as she casts a glance up at Hemlock. “I think he’d be good at hide-and-seek.”

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Alysanne

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

ALYSANNE.

Hemlock let Alysanne know as soon as he had found Lyanna and soon enough the owl and mare were approaching. An easy, friendly smile brightened up Aly’s green eyes as she returned the nod of greeting before laughing at the comments about her companion’s abilities at hide-and-seek. “He is! He loved to play it with my daughter when she was young. He was always the worst to try to find when it was his turn to hide.” The small owl could hide almost anywhere and his brown plumage made him blend in so easily with the surrounding forest, no matter what the season. He puffed out his feathers in pleasure at this compliment as he settled in his customary spot on Alysanne’s head between her ears.

“I was looking for you though! First, thank you again for your help in the Thistle Meadow - I’ve been practicing.” She winked then and Hemlock hooted to confirm. She hadn’t been practicing as much as she should but it was still more than she had done in… well, in years. Potentially in more years than Lyanna was old - but it wasn’t so easy to guess the ages of those around her. All she knew was that she felt old while the teal-accented mare still seemed so young.

There was a slight hesitation before she continued, her smile fading a little (though not quite disappearing). After all that fuss about being allowed to do her own promotions, Alysanne realized that she had never actually done this before.

“And secondly, I also wanted to thank you for your hard work for the herd. You were one of the only ones to travel to a different land to help gather herbs after the meeting and your trips to the Threshold to recruit have not gone unnoticed either.” Tembovu had offered that piece of information and she was happy to know that whether or not Lyanna was successful, she was trying. “Have you been enjoying your time in the Edge and as part of the healers?” Before springing on the news to her, Alysanne wanted to make sure that it was something Lyanna would welcome - and see if there was any troubles that could be helped before hand.

image credit
table by imi <3

@Lyanna
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

The smile that brightens Aly’s face helps easy any worries Lyanna might have. It makes her feel just a little more like she really does belong here. More like she’s found a new home, and not just a place to sleep at night. If she kept at it, maybe it really would be. Somehow though, that felt like she was replacing her old family. But of course she wasn’t. She could never replace them. Would never stop missing them. Would always, always belong in Morham first.

But they were gone and she couldn’t return to Morham. This wasn’t replacing. This was moving on – living. What else could she do but live?

She chuckles at the mention of Hemlock in the trees. She laughs louder as Hemlock puffs up his chest in pride at this, and offers the little owl a grin. “Oh, I bet. I probably wouldn’t be so bad except for the teal. It’s a pretty dead giveaway.” She laughs at bit more, ruffling one wing so the blue feathers flash slightly in the sunlight. Yea, dead giveaway.

“Of course,” she says, by way of a ‘you’re welcome’. It seems like the very least should could do for the mare that had, quite literally, brought Lyanna into her home. And then more figuratively, taken her under her wing as a healer. “I’m glad you’re practicing. It’s well worth it.” Perhaps one day they’d go flying – really flying – together. Lyanna was more alive in the sky than she ever was down here.

Aly’s smile fades a bit, and that familiar pang of worry hits Lyanna’s gut. She doesn’t show it, but her thoughts start churning anyway. Stop, she chides, before her brain runs a million miles ahead. Instead, she focuses on Aly’s words. They were words of thanks, for the few small things Lyanna had done. Nothing really came of their herb gathering trip, and her only successful recruit had already disappeared. Was trying enough? Because she didn’t feel like she’d succeeded much.

The next question, however, is one she’s almost afraid to answer. But she knows she needs to. “Yes,” she says, after a moment of hesitation, her smile less but her words honest. “I admit, I haven’t spent as much time in the Edge itself as I probably should have, getting to know everyone. But I’m working on that. And those I do know though are kind, and the land is lovely, and I hope to learn more about healing.” She doesn’t offer exactly why she hasn’t been around enough. The basics are probably obvious enough – she’s homesick. And she doesn’t need to drag this conversation down the path of why she left. 

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Alysanne

Please tag in all posts
Image by Kiki

ALYSANNE.

Both the owl and doctor laugh along at Lyanna’s joke about her teal wings. It was probably true! Alysanne had never been very good at hide and seek either, with the vast majority of her body being a bright white.

As far as flying being worth it, the painted doctor still felt a little sketpical but she had not given up on learning just yet. She hardly had the excuse that it was unnatural considering she had wings though it did feel strange to not have the solid earth beneath her hooves. “I hope so! Perhaps we could practice together some more later?” She didn’t want to presume to take up too much of Lyanna’s time, but she had to admit it was easier (and more fun) to learn with company - especially when the only other one she would ask for help was who this would all be a surprise for.

Alysanne assumed that Lyanna’s hesitation about joining in with the Edge was because this still wasn’t home for her - her home existed somewhere else, wherever her family was. But she hoped that Lyanna didn’t feel guilty about not being completely comfortable right away - that was hardly ever how this worked. It was a new land, new rules, new customs, filled with new faces - no matter how kind they were they could not replace the bonds of family. “It’s hard, learning to call a new place home. For the first year that I lived here in the Edge I was convinced it would only be temporary - that I would find my way back home to my family again. But you know my flying skills and I have a terrible sense of direction so it was a hard problem to solve.” Alysanne knew the forest in the Edge by heart now but it was still common for her to get lost outside of its borders without a guide - and certainly without Hemlock, who kept her path straight. “I did eventually, I visited them but I found this place called me back.”

She wondered if Lyanna had that option, if she’d be able to visit wherever she had come from or if it was lost to her. This didn’t seem like the right time to ask but maybe as their friendship deepened the black mare would come to trust her with her story. “Many of us weren’t born in Helovia, we found our way here from one broken home or another - many without the chance of returning. If you ever want to talk, you can always come find me - and you’re right, the other members of this herd are kind as well.” Alysanne offered what she hoped was a reassuring smile - it had admittedly been awhile since she had been on the giving end of any advice lately.

She was glad Tembovu had not managed to come over yet - it would have been harder to speak so freely with Lyanna with his oppressive presence.  

“But I am glad that you’re enjoying your stay here. The effort that you’re putting in means everything, no matter what pace it comes at. I’d be honoured if you’d accept a promotion to Apothecary within our ranks, if it would please you, to further your healing education.” And here her smile widened, green eyes watching the mare hopefully to see what she would think of the news.

image credit
table by imi <3

@Lyanna :D
made by the lovely tamme

Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

They laugh at her joke, and she grins just a bit more. It was true, teal makes for a terrible camouflage. Corbin had always managed well enough, when they played games though. A trick he refused to teach Lyanna, probably so he could keep winning at hide-and-seek. She’s sure he would have eventually, but of course, they always assumed they had the rest of their lives. A few years away in the army, and he’d be back. A few years away for her (though they’d never have let her near a real fight, unlike Corbin) in her own turn through their army, and they’d both be done and home.

Oh, the best laid plans…stop.

“I would love to,” she says, genuinely happy to help Aly learn to fly. It’s not as if she has much else to do, and it’s not as if she’s much good at anything else around here. That, at least, she can do. Particularly for the only mare that she could really consider a friend around here. Friend and mentor, which is more than Lyanna can ask for, and everything that she needs. So yes, she’ll spend all her time teaching Aly to fly. It’s the least she can do.

It’s clear too that Alysanne understands the meaning behind Lyanna’s words, the unspoken hesitation. She begins talking about calling a new place home, and already Lyanna’s stomach clenches and her heart just hurts and she wants to take to the sky and disappear. Stay put. Her face stays calm though, the mask of a well-trained Princess. She is thankful for that, if nothing else.

She keeps going, offering to listen if Lyanna ever wants, and she nearly cracks. Nearly breaks down into tears in front of her superior in the middle of a conversation that likely seems like something else. Had she ever stopped and actually cried? No. She can’t remember ever just grieving. She’s moped and flown and wandered and wallowed. But she never simply cried. Never talked.

Was it because she was trained not to do these things? Princesses don’t cry, and they don’t complain. Or was it because she was afraid to say it aloud? Afraid of what others might think. Afraid to make it real. Or would saying it finally just give her some sense of peace, instead of dragging her heart into the ground. “I’m glad you were able to go visit. It's always good to see family, when you can. But I admit, you do seem like you belong here.”

She tries to smile, but it’s not as convincing as it normally is. She tries to keep her voice level, happy, but it cracks just slightly on the word visit. Maybe she’d find Adalene one day. But everyone else was gone. Home was no longer home. It was this, or nothing. “Thank you,” she says at the offer as well, torn between letting everything out in a rush of actual emotion or letting the conversation move on.

She lets the conversation move on. Maybe someday, but she can’t bring the words to the surface yet.

The rest of the conversation is surprising, and her smile returns to its usual brightness, reaching her eyes again. “I would be honored.” Because she really is. She never dreamed this meeting was a promotion. A task maybe, or a lesson or some sort. But not a promotion. “Thank you,” she says again, feeling more and more like she owes Aly far more than she will ever be able to repay. 

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Alysanne <3 I think Lyanna's a little overwhelmed, lol.

Please tag in all posts
Image by Kiki

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
The Elephant King, seeing Hemlock darting with purpose through the skies without Alysanne, grows equal parts curious and concerned. Rarely do companions move with such purpose unless following their bonded or performing their requests. So what request did the good Doctor have? Was someone injured? It was a reasonable concern, given that he, himself, had sought the healing by doctors after a few spars.

So thick limbs of ivory and ebony cautiously follow Hemlock’s flight, seeing him first find Lyanna and then leading her to Alysanne. But the King does not approach his head Moon Doctor or the ebony and blue-decorated Lyanna. He isn’t certain what business the Doctor has with her Nurse, but he does know that his presence would be most unwelcome to the black-and-white beauty, given their history.

So, quietly, he sends Mbwene closer to listen to the two mares speak. Perhaps not the most stealthy of companions, but the small elephant calf endeavors to at least not interrupt the mares— though her pointedly bright blue gaze and waving ears negate any thoughts of covertness the King may have had. He shakes his head and chuckles quietly to himself, but awaits for the two

The King, through Mbwene’s youthful ears and eyes, hears pleasant conversation traded— though, due to the calf’s disinterest in such things, he can’t entirely make out what pleasantries were exchanged. But then important words of ‘Promotion’ and ‘Apothecary’ jerk the elephant companion’s attention to the two, winged, pretty women. Her trunk raises in triumph at fulfilling her bonded’s task for her, head swiveling and ears waving directly towards him—entirely giving away his secluded place amid the trees.

The King sighs, and slowly emerges from the misted shadows. Indeed, he had been some ways off, enough to not be outright eavesdropping. But, as Mbwene had outed him, he feels the need to approach the two. Warily, navy eyes assess Alysanne’s mood, before his great skull and horn dip in greeting to both women, “Hello Aly,” was his murmured, apprehensive greeting.

However, when he turned his attention to the other woman of dark wings, a warm grin spread across his face, “Congratulations on your promotion, Lyanna. It is well earned.”
Tembovu
the elephant king

image | coding

I just wanted to throw him in here to congratulate Lyanna and ICly know about her promotion <3 Congrats & thank you for being so active! <333

Please tag Tembovu.

ALYSANNE.

“Perhaps. It was a very long time before I actually felt that I belonged here.” Perhaps it would be the same for Lyanna or perhaps this place would never be home to her - there was no shame in either option. Alysanne just hoped she would be able to help in whatever way she could if the time came for Lyanna to try to seek her home once more.

Their happy conversation stuttered when Alysanne caught movement - instantly recognizing Mbwene and  a moment later her bonded was emerging from the nearby trees. Not so practiced in concealing her emotions, a flicker of a shadow interrupted that bright smile. It was instantaneous, that crawling across her skin that began when he appeared - and though she took pains to maintain her friendly exterior for Lyanna’s benefit, Alysanne couldn’t help but worry he had been eavesdropping - that the more personal side of their conversation hadn’t been overheard. It simply wasn’t any of his business, as far as he was concerned, and it wouldn’t be any easier to get the teal-accented mare to open up to her with his presence around. She would have to remember to make an effort to listen when she next got a chance.

She didn’t miss the wariness in the Elephant King’s greeting to her and it made her feel ashamed. Since when was she someone that invoked such a response? What was she becoming?

Hemlock nipped quickly at her ear, encouraging her to stay in the moment. “Hello Tembovu.” Her greeting was short but she offered him a small smile, only the faintest of edges hidden deep. She would not let her distrust of their king and dislike of his company ruin this moment.

But her smile was genuine when her green eyes moved back to Lyanna, pleased with the words of praise given from the king to their new apothecary. “I am very glad you’ve accepted, you’re going to do wonderful! Congratulations, Lyanna.” Her voice was warm with affection, so happy to see the black mare settling in - whether she thought she was or not. “I’ve been rebuilding the herb garden, perhaps you’d like a small lesson on what we have growing here right now and how we care for them?” Green eyes slid to Tembovu and with a tremendous force of will - she maintained her cheery demeanour. “You would be welcome to join us as well, of course, if you wish.” But she wasn’t entirely sure it came out as a genuine of an offer as she hoped.

image credit
table by imi <3

@Lyanna I didn't know how to finish it so I figured we could continue a little longer if you're up for it! <3
made by the lovely tamme

Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

Movement pulls Alysanne’s attention away, and Lyanna’s as well. She recognizes the elephant not far off, and she wonders just when exactly Mbwene started listening to their conversation. And how much of it the young elephant really understood. Did she note the way Lyanna’s voice cracked, the way she nearly fell to pieces at the mere mention of home. She hopes not, and decides for her own sanity, to assume the elephant is too young to care about such intricacies.

But then again, as Tembovu comes out of his hiding place in the trees, she can’t help but wonder what he now knows. Not that her past is something to be ashamed of. Not that sorrow is even something to be ashamed of. She simply doesn’t want to be seen as weak. The teary, lost little girl. That was not who she was raised to be, and that was not who she wanted to be remembered as.

Even if she had become that teary, lost little girl. She kept the tears at bay, at least.

She is, if nothing else, still observant though (what else do you do as the ignored, middle-child, besides watch after all?). There’s a brief flicker on Alysanne’s face, an obvious hesitation to Tembovu’s greeting (you don’t even have to be observant to figure that one out). The smile he gives Lyanna is easy and friendly though, so different than his greeting to the Moon Doctor. She’s always wondered if something was amiss between the two, but now, she’s quite certain.

Not that she has any idea what. But it makes her wonder. Tembovu seems fine, though in truth, it’s not like she knows the King well. Though if she ever had to make a choice between the two, her choice would be obvious enough. But then again, at this point she’d probably jump off a cliff for Aly. A life for a life, right? Besides, it’s not like she’d actually die. She’d fly away.

“Thank you,” she says to Tembovu, dipping her head in greeting, her face a mask of calm and a friendly smile on her face. She is still thankful for her upbringing, and her ability to play diplomat with ease. Show nothing, watch everything. It’s a useful skill, sometimes. “I’m glad that I’m able to help the Edge.” And her words are genuine. This place is the closest thing to home she’s likely to ever have. She might as well give back to the place that let her in when she had nowhere else to go.

Alysanne chimes in as well, and their conversation is all business now. Which is fine. It’s not like Lyanna is going to spill her life story with Tembovu standing right there. She doesn’t have any reason to dislike him, but she’ll hardly tell anyone, let alone a perfect stranger. Well actually, that’s not true. She tells when asked, it’s just a matter of how much she’s willing to tell. “I would love to,” she says, eyes lighting up a bit at the thought of actually learning something. It would give her something to do in her spare time – maybe collect a few herbs if she can find some she’s familiar with, certainly tend to the garden as needed. Busy was good, after all. It kept her mind occupied, and her thoughts firmly grounded in the present.

She turns her attention to Tembovu, curious if he’ll accept the invitation from Alysanne as well, or take his leave. And making a mental note to keep an eye out for little elephants in the future. 

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Alysanne @Tembovu

Please tag in all posts
Image by Kiki

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
It would be a lie to say that the Elephant King wasn’t relieved at the smile (albeit small) that crossed Alysanne’s dainty muzzle as she greeted him. They would be civil today, it seemed. And so he returned her slight smile with lopsided grin, though he did not hold her attention for long as her emerald eyes swept back to Lyanna—the woman of the hour.

His own attention shifted to Lyanna as well, and her greeting and thanks are one and the same: simple, friendly, but gave nothing away. Despite her activity around the herdlands and in recruiting, the teal-kissed mare had given away little from beneath the mask she wore. He knew only that she came from a place called ‘Morham,’ and that occasionally a sadness would leak out from beneath her well-mainlined facade.

But, just as the King opened his black lips to inquire more about the woman, his lovely (if antagonistic) Moon Doctor was speaking warmly to their new Apothecary. The chilly greeting she had given to himself only further highlighted the sudden glow she shed on Lyanna. The King sighed quietly, his slight grin fading as she extended an offer to the blue-tipped beauty for a lesson on herbs.

Though forced, the invitation was extended to himself, and his pale lips pressed together to suppress the amused smile at Alysanne’s (much appreciated) attempt as civility. “Thank you Alysanne, but I must find Dacianna,” his great skull dipped in departure, “Again, congratulations Lyanna, and enjoy your herb lesson.” With a small wave of her trunk, Mbwene followed on her bonded’s heels.
Tembovu
the elephant king

image | coding

@Lyanna @Alysanne Tembovu's out! :D <3

Please tag Tembovu.

ALYSANNE.

Unsurprisingly, Tembovu did not accept her invitation to join them at the garden. Was it the activity? Or the company? Well, it could be that he actually did need to find Dacianna, but who knew. “Until next time, then.” The smile was a little smoother this time, easier now that she was saying goodbye to Tembovu rather than welcoming him. Even as she felt relieved as he departed, there was also a tug of remorse in her stomach. Were all of her interactions with Tembovu doomed to be like this? Hesitation and wariness, false smiles and civility when they were around others and anger and harsh words when they were on their own? She was weary of this cycle.

Perhaps if he had stayed, it would have been a little easier to smile at him next time.

But she hardly could bring herself to resent any time she was spending with her newest friend. She whickered a soft goodbye to Mbwene - though she doubted very much the little elephant liked her any more than Tembovu - and Hemlock added his own small hoot in farewell. And then that was that.

Her attention turned back to Lyanna and she reached out to nudge the other mare with a grin. “Come, my dear apothecary.” She set off in a different direction than Tembovu left, making her way closer to the cliff to where the garden lay. With the attention it was getting lately, it was slowly returning back to a productive state and some of the new plantings were in bloom - which would help with the identification. “So I don’t repeat myself when I start blabbering away about the different plants, what herbs have you learned about so far?”

image credit
table by imi <3

@Lyanna <3
text me if you want some ideas of what plants Lyanna could have picked up knowledge on ;)
made by the lovely tamme

Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

Tembovu is gone almost as quickly as he had come. It seems almost odd, though at the same time, Lyanna is used to King’s coming and going. Her own father rarely spent much time with her, unless the activity was some shared political event or whatever. He’d appear in her life at random moments, as if waiting for that second when she slipped up in a fight and landed on her ass, or just so happened to be hiding in the forest when she should be with her tutors. And then he’d be gone, off to the next meeting or whatever else.

She isn’t surprised, then, that Tembovu say he must find Dacianna and leaves them. Lyanna offers a nod of fairwell, figuring that’s more than enough. The tension dissipates as he leaves as well, the conversation turning to plants and their uses. Something that both Alysanne and Lyanna can probably talk about for ages. Alysanne teaching, Lyanna learning. And she’s glad for the shift in the conversation, because she’s not entirely sure how much more time she can spend with the conversation so focused on her. Because it’s all still a little overwhelming.

They head off in the direction of the garden, something Lyanna can find, but admittedly, probably hasn’t spent enough time in. She makes a mental note to start making that a habit, and to try and bring some things back when she’s out wandering Helovia. “Willow. Brought that to a stallion in pain once, and looked like a dog carrying the branch.” She laughs at the thought. He hadn’t even tried the willow, but whatever, at least she had tried. “Learned some about seaweed, and its ability to help with swelling, pain, and congestion. Star grass, red clover, catnip,” she says, rattling off the name’s she can remember and still picture in her head as well.

There’s so much, she’s sure, that she doesn’t remotely know. It turns out princesses don’t need to know anything about healing, and learning about it hadn’t ever crossed her mind before. She’d had healers (not that they’d been able to help Corbin or her parents), and had never thought there’d be a need to know what plants she could feed a pregnant mare. Strange, really, how much her life has changed. How much she has changed. Or has she finally just become the mare she always should have been? Sometimes, she doesn’t know. The lines blur together, and she doesn’t know where Lyanna the ex-Princess ends, and where Lyanna the healer begins.

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Alysanne ....well that took me forever, sorry lady!

Please tag in all posts
Image by Kiki