the Rift

A Mothers Plead

Chaska Posts: 9
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 5.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hands :: 3 HP: 62.0 | Buff: Novice
Chaska
Chaska moved slowly thought the lush greenery. His feathered wing lay neatly folded upon his back as to not catch on the hanging vines overhead or the thick thorny brush on either side of him. His head was full of questions, full of fears.

Where was the young stallion going? Who would he meet on this journey? How was he going to fulfill his promise to his doomed mother? His mother, a sweet and loving mare. A mare he was forced to leave in the hooves of a demonic herd. Was she even still alive? Chaska shook himself vigorously ridding the morbid thought from his head. Instead he thought of his promise. The promise he made to his mother to find a new family, a place to call home. A place were Chaska could keep the Namida herd's spirit alive in his heart. She had said as long as he is alive, Namida lives on. That was his promise and he needed to uphold it.

But first thing was first he needed to get out of this forest. The stallion quickened his pace to a steady trot. Muscles flexing and slackening in a rythmic dance under his golden skin. Head held high as he inhaled deeply, collecting the surrounding scents. The air was thick with unfamiliar scents of others passed. This trail has like some sort of highway used by many kinds of creatures. Chaska's ebony tail swished excitedly behind him, he had a chance at actually finding someone. Hopefully friendly, but the male was not worried. His father had been a warrior and had trained him himself. His gait was interupted by a burst of energy that caused the stallion to hop into the air and buck playfully. His inky lips parted to allow a whinny to escape his jaws in hopes of someone hearing him, anyone.

Banjo Posts: 37
Absent Abyss atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.0
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 4 HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Riven

A week or two had been spent crossing the length of Helovia, well trying to recall the way back and getting lost and trapped along the way. The tiny trickster he’d only a day or so previously encountered, had been both startlingly wicked and awesomely entertaining - both of which appealed greatly to the half-roo, half-horse, jack. Banjo was a larrikin himself, an original prankster, but surely the young, shameless whipper-snapper could teach him a thing or two about mischief. He grinned like a shot fox as he walked, striding along, recalling the unbridled, cheeky delight which had greeted his utter confusion the moment of his capture - her success.

“Cheeky lil shit, haha…”

Less than an hour later, Banjo found himself at last in more familiar territory. The pungent old evergreen pines grew thickly all around him, and though at first bile rose in his throat at the revolting taste of the air between them, his gut soon settled; not enough to spur appetite enough to try the tart grass growing ‘neath  though…

“ASHAMIN!”

Subtlety had never been his strong point - he was a loud character, with a bright vocabulary and ripper sense of humour. “Oh, Asha-min!” Banjo kept his eyes peeled for his mate, straining them through the undergrowth where it grew dense because he knew the little antlered buggers that followed him liked shade better than sunlight. Not long after, a stranger caught his focus - another one who’s oldies were part bird, or something… He still wasn’t sure how that type of ‘bitsa’ had actually come to be.

“Oi!” he sang out cheerfully, dressing his mug in a friendly smile right as the other himself called. “You! Wait up!” Without any real forethought, the buck broke into a bouncing, quirky trot, aiming to close the distance between them.

“Hey mate, av you seen a bloke getting round this part, bout my height - wait, shorter… black, white n a bit’v red… er, brown? Strewth ay… Well, he’s got a pair of bambi’s that hang round him... Yeah.” Guilt gnawed at his mind as he tried to remember just what his bestie looked like - they’d not spent a very long time together, not time checking each other out anyway. It didn’t occur to him that this guy might be still newer around the place, nor either that folks here just didn’t know everyone else like they did back home in the bush. Banjo flashed a genuine, toothy grin.

Dress | cork hat on head, bandana around top of neck

Plots | The Unbound | Absences
I run just like this!
Please tag me in openers and spars.
Feel free to flog n magic me, mild power play is also fine.
Text in the profile and posts reflects stereotypical ocker slang - don’t knock it mate!

Chaska
Chaska stopped his excited movements suddenly when his auds caught a voice. His dark ears swiveled towards the noise before he turned the rest of his body to the creature. A quick jolt greeted the unknown voice as confusion washed over the golden buskin stallion as his green orbs focused on what spoke to him.

His ears flattened to this cranium as he thought 'What in the world is that?? Is it a kangaroo or a horse? Did it say something about seeing someone? I can hardly understand it, but its the first living thing I've seen in so long.' The young Pegasus cleared his throat before speaking, "No I haven't seen anyone, sorry. Honestly you're the first err...living thing I've seen in months."

The equine looked at his molted black and white feathered wings and wondered if he looked as strange to this new creature as he thought the creature was to him. Chaska's features flashed with worry as a thought crossed his mind. 'What if that's all that is around here? What if I have came all this way to not find my own kind or something similar?' He had to know, "So are there many of your kind around here? Have you ever seen any of my kind around?" he asked gently.

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

OOC

Welcome to helovia, Chaska! I'm very excited to RP with you. Please let me know if you have any questions and if you just want to chat you can add me on skype at j.s.n.y. , I love to talk with people. :) Just so you know, the character's name is typically your account name and your OOC name is something different, so you should let the admins know when you fill out the application that Chaska is your character's name. Also, heads up, we have a minimum of 250 words per post.

ASHAMIN
BEAUTY IS PERCEPTION

This newcomer was not the only one who had traveled to Helovia at their parents' insistence. Ashamin moved through this land now only because of his father's command, made now over a year ago: do not be alone, my son. The Clovenheart had not dared question his father, and after his death there had been no option to obey, so here he was.

Asleep in the day like a bona-fide bat, and then so very rudely awakened by a new friend.

But it wasn't his fault that his body had adjusted to young Lochan's nocturnal schedule. Even now that the cerndyr was older Ashamin was still more accustomed to being awake in the night hours. His role as a haruspex had put the nail in that coffin, and he saw little reason to change his ways. After all, he was free, now.

Still, when Banjo called out for him and pulled him from sleep he would have been loathe to ignore him. It was true that they were meant to be independent of each other, but Ashamin suspected that Banjo wouldn't call his name out into the wilderness without good reason. So he dragged himself out of the shadows and towards the faint sounds of Banjo's rather distinct voice somewhere off in the distance. When Lochan and Rakt lagged he brushed their chests with the tip of his tail to stir them from their light sleeps and urge them to follow. Lochan was quicker to obey but more sluggish in his step; Rakt, of course, was the opposite.

By the time the Clovenheart found his kangaroo partner in crime, Banjo had already apparently struck up a bit of a conversation with the newcomer. Not finding much need to introduce himself after Banjo already had, Ashamin moved into the conversation with relative ease. His companions were too tired to raise complaint at not being formally named before new company.

"I'm here, Banjo!" he called through the wood, the last syllable leaving his parted lips just as he appeared between two trees. His long tail, tipped in its coil, brushed against the firm bark of an elm and his dark eyes flashed a warm greeting to the other pegasus stallion. "Don't worry, stranger, my friend here is a rare sight. You'll find that there are many that look like yourself in this land. Helovia is a host to Unicorns, Equines, Pegasi, and hybrids alike," Ashamin said. "And welcome," Ashamin added, taking a step closer to the buck and offering his cheek to touch in his traditional greeting, "I understand the shock of coming to this land after being alone so long, and should you need any help navigating this new territory I'd be happy to provide it."

The offer was genuine, for he saw the worry in the other stallion's expression. Ashamin was, if nothing else, capable of great comfort in one's time of need. Though he'd broken free from making that his entire life, those skills still remained.

Talk here

Beauty is Perception by FoxyFireWings
Table by Jen, with help from Avis

@Banjo

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED UNTIL AN APPLICATION IS COMPLETED.

Vu Posts: 28
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3 :: 3 (Orangemoon)
Istina

Watch, Vu, the moonlight dances here..

The last night of my sister’s life flashes before my mind’s eye, her taking me to the frozen lake in the early evening and star gazing with me. One of the very rare times Solstice seemed to recall I was her blood and that she (I can only hope) loved me. The moon’s soft rays sparkled against the dusting of snow across the lake’s surface and I recall my features lifting into a genuine smile as laughter fell from my lips. I remember thanking her profusely for taking me on this little adventure and thinking that maybe things would be different from then on and she might view as more than just a burden forced upon her by drawing the short stick. I will never know though, as the dream shifts to an ugly array of images; Solstice’s torn throat and lifeless, dull eyes.

Blackened lids spring open as cerulean eyes darken with old grief.

I move away from the tree I dozed against, now restless and unfortunately awake. A cougar had slain my sister while I slept and from the blood trail she had dragged her dying soul back to where I lay. I will never know the reason why she did such a thing but I do have some theories. Before my mind can expand on these thoughts, I hear the shouting of a male and with an internal sigh I debate silently. Do I care to meet another who will vanish from my life? I hear my mother’s voice reply, ’Foolish child, go and see who dwells here.’ Ebony tail twitches, smacking the trunk of a tree in the only outward sign of irritation that after all this time I can still my mother’s voice correcting my behavior. I decide in a moment it is easier to get this greeting over with as the stranger is not far from where I stand.

Slender charcoal limbs slide through the woods as an effortlessly neutral mask drops into place.

I have no time to practice allowing myself such liberties as expressions when dealing with strangers and I keep my features carefully neutral but not unwelcoming. Stepping through the brush I come upon more than I bargained for; a pegasus, a unicorn and…a hybrid of some sort that I have never seen before; all stallions. My steps falter for the briefest of moments and I force myself to come to an easy stop a respectable distance from all of them but marginally closer to the pegasus who seems to be the only lost soul in the trio. “Hello.” My voice slips out almost without my knowledge in a soft tone, polite but neutral like the rest of me. “My name is Vu, who are you?” At my question cerulean gaze lands squarely on the unique hybrid, curiosity sparking the tiniest light.

"speech"

OOC: EDIT: I posted this after the thread was reopened. XD

@Namida (I couldn't get a tag to work for Chaska's profile, I'm sorry!)
@Banjo

-All magic and force are permitted barring serious injury and/or death-
-Powerplay outside of fighting is permitted-
-Please tag in all replies-

Chaska
OOC: I have been given permission to post and continue on this thread as I have finished my application by Smitty.

Chaska's emerald orbs moved in time to watch a less strange creature walking towards him and the other male. They seemed to know eachother well enough. Had the clovenheart called the other creature Banjo? Must be the odd tongued creatures name.

Feeling the warmth of the greeting Chaska's ears pricked forward and his head lifted into a more relaxed height. The young stallion spoke clearly, "I thank you for your kindness. My name is Chaska. I have been traveling alone for close to a year now and it is nice to see others, regardless of what they are. But it is even nicer to see others similar to myself. I was worried I had traveled all this way to find nothing." Hoping he had not offended Banjo he quickly added, "Not that I have any issues with creatures such as yourself Banjo. I just have a promise I must keep." Chaska eyes the roo carefully hoping to not see any anger in his eyes.

Then it hit the young equine like a wall. He did need help! Maybe this stranger could help him if not point him in the right direction. "Umm sir I could use your help. You see I truely have no idea where I'm going here. Are there any places I need to steer away from? Where would I find a herd that may take me in? You see I promised someone very dear to me that I would find a herd, another place to call home." he spoke softly. Hoping he didn't sound desperate, though he was feeling more and more pressure on his shoulders everyday.

Then movement caught his attention away from the males, a female. Chaska's wings twitched slightly as his warm gaze focused on her. A stunning ebony wit small ivory spots on her rump and a small sock on one of her forelegs. Her face was neutral, showing nothing. How strange? Chaska thought curiously. Noticing she was more towards himself, he spoke. "Hello madam, my name is Chaska. I do not mean to be rude or cause you to be uncomfortable but, may I ask why a mare such as yourself is alone in what seems to be rogue lands?" the young stallion said gently. His molted wings hung low and close to his body as his posture changed. Chaska lowered his head to seem less threatening to the elegantly built mare as he spoke.

Riven

The painted buckskin’s ears switched backwards almost instantly, pinning snug against the bed of lush ebony hair and in the same moment a rather prominent glaze of confusion baked his expression. It wasn’t exactly the reaction good-natured Banjo had anticipated, though his mission forward continued regardless - this guy would come ‘round, they all did eventually… Making certain his grin stretched effectively from his well-whiskered chin to the topmost curve of each oversized ear, the buck stopped just short of the stranger and rocked back against the dense tail curled between his bony hocks.

Few words were exchanged before the arrival of long lost Ashamin (though it was Banjo who’d really gone walkabout), and as he merged smoothly into the meeting the horsaroo lifted an arm to land if he could, a playful bop against the lad’s silk-covered shoulder. Ever charismatic apparently, the stallion with the melted horn began at once to answer the first’s query - throwing in, for good measure, a proper greeting. That’s when it occurred to the listener that his own manners had been swallowed by his eager search. Quickly the chestnut creature tipped his head, tapping the brim of his cork hat with one sharp black claw, “G’day!”

Chaska at that point seemed to open up, nervous tension melting away beneath his glossy coat (thankfully), and he proceeded to reveal a reasonably friendly side. “Call us Banj, mate,” tone readily inserted at the mention of his name. There was no acrimony underlining however, and one eye winked promptly, assuringly. Only his Mum called him Banjo - and that was always right before he had his ass tanned by her bloody stiff hooves…

With not a second to spare, another fell upon their brilliantly diverse trio and jade eyes set upon her swiftly, drinking the sleek, slim, swarthy silhouette as she strolled down to join in; small blue gem bouncing and bold against her breast. If it wasn’t one thing, it was another. He laughed silently at the endless string of Helovian oddities before buff lips nudged towards his pal in subtle suggestion that that their circle should widen to accomodate her - coincidentally, reversing was rather an impossibility for the long-footed buck. There was no need though apparently. The broad slipped herself in notably near to ‘wings’.

How’s that ay?

More curious (and vastly entertaining), was the buckskin’s reaction to her arrival. Banjo watched with a growing grin as his posture shifted visibly - wings dropping away suddenly, along with any masculinity that had been present, and he thought to jab his mate in the ribs with a well placed elbow should the display have escaped Ashamin’s notice. The jack chuckled softly to himself well, short of their occupied ears - someone was hanging out for a shag… fair dinkum. With a devious smirk aimed at the first fella he murmured aloud, "nearest motel's bout 'alf a 'K' from here Chaz, I hear they've got some vacancies." Vu was quite the catch and Banjo was a choice wingman!

Ashamin next please!
Tagged Ashamin via skype  
I run just like this!
Text in the profile and posts reflects stereotypical ocker slang - don’t knock it mate!

OOC

Ashamin is coming as a representative of The Unbound! To learn more about what he's talking about you can read about us here: link. It's not a herd but an outcast group, though someday with enough members we could become one! Outcast groups don't have official herdlands or a God protecting them but they can be just as close knit and they usually have some sort of founding idea that makes them unique. @Vu next!

ASHAMIN
BEAUTY IS PERCEPTION

Ashamin had somehow forgotten, for an unclear moment, that the threshold was, well, crowded. He did not expect more company to join them, and had settled into the understanding that Banjo and Chaska were the two stallions he'd be accompanying that day.

But before any of that, Ashamin had the boyish pleasure of watching Chaska struggle in the face of, well, Banjo. (Or Banj, as he preferred and Ashamin now remembered.) The Clovenheart nickered softly to signify something like goodhearted laughter before turning his ears forward to hear, fully, what Chaska was saying.

So there was something Ashamin could do for him after all. The painted buck saw a little of himself in the pegasus. He thought back to when he'd first arrived, hot off the advice of someone held dear but just lost to him and terrified of most of everything that he saw. Things were different for him, now.

"I remember making a similar promise to someone myself, once," Ashamin said kindly before being forced to pause. It was then that Banj answered the question—then that the dark mare arrived and captured Chaska's attention. He nodded to her when she introduced herself, waved his long tail idly, and waited patiently for their words to fade into silence. Lochan and Rakt, growing more tired with every passing moment and feeling unimportant, toyed with each other's ears, chewing and licking in a brotherly fashion.

When the conversation settled, Ashamin returned his warm coal gaze to meet the young unicorn's and took up what Banjo had said. "Banj is right, there are several herds not far from here, the closest being the Hidden Falls. The Aurora Basin is close as well, and lies up north, but they are less quick to accept those of all kinds," Ashamin said with cold truth, a gesture towards Chaska's wings, and a hint of tender memory. The Basin had been his home one, after all, and for quite some time.

"I can't say I am a part of a herd any longer, but Banj and I are just some of a group of outcasts who have begun to gather. We value loyalty above all, and strive to teach each other what we know and how to defend ourselves, all while remaining independent. Should you wish, you could join us, Chaska. You may find that there are benefits to living outside of a herd but still having a network you can count on," The Clovenheart said with a smile and a sidelong glance to the odd hybrid. He would have offered the same to the mare, but her scent suggested she belonged to a herd. Such an allegiance would likely clash with his own, at least for now.

Talk here

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.

Vu Posts: 28
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3 :: 3 (Orangemoon)
Istina

The politeness of his words is a hair span from lifting an invisible brow, his cadence reminiscent of another recent acquaintance. My mother’s teachings echo in my ear, drowning out the end of his words, Elegance, child, be still. The offending eyebrow’s twitch immediately ceases and leaves a midnight face a blank slate, though any in the gathering I disrupted would be hard pressed to spot the movement given how I am nearly positive it is all in my head. The silence did not stretch for long after the pegasus finished posing his question as the other two filled the gaps and I contented myself in an internal debate. The third of the laws from which I am unable to escape: Thought, always weigh all sides. To reply or hold my tongue longer?

Cerulean gaze sweeps over each of the three; unimpressed with the idle fountain of words.

Eyes land on the hybrid once more. What did he say? A mental train slams on the brakes and inked lids widen slightly. Elegance, damnable elegance, parades before my eyes and I remain collected to all outward appearance (and honestly inward as well) but the chilled tone leaves no room for questions. “You are rather beastly.” Is all I say, by no means referring to his unusual parentage but rarely do I care enough to clarify. Slowly I turn my attention to the winged male, words no longer laced with ice . “I am here, simply because I choose to be.” The barest of twists lifts the corner of my mouth nearest him in a semblance of a half-smile.

Carefully crafted and well loved mask freezes charcoal features back into indifference.

The unicorn’s unobtrusive presence is not lost, his artfully arranged speech replaying to perfection in my mind. Nor is it lost on me that no one, save Chaska, has spoken their name during my part of this party. Truthfully I am unbothered by this fact, the hybrid’s brash speech utterly ruining an otherwise charming creature and the unicorn with his preening cerndyrs seems altogether too… careful.  His offer though to the pegasus appears sincerely kind and softly I back up his speech. “Chaska.” Grey-blue eyes peer at him. “If you are seeking a home, his offer truly sounds lovely.” A glance at the unnamed unicorn. “There are of course, the other herds as he mentioned, though I know nothing of them save one.” Having recently acquired the status of ‘herd member’ the next words to leave my lips feel strange; almost disjointed. “I live in Hidden Falls, I am sure you would be welcome to visit there before deciding."

Vocals trail off as eyes seek out the path back to a newfound home.

After finding the path I wish to take, I turn back to the group and nod at each of them; even the inappropriate hybrid. Slender legs carry me away then on parting words, “It was lovely to meet all of you.” And then I am gone, the desire to converse disappearing in the sudden breeze as easily as it came. Should the pegasus wish to visit the Falls, I will answer his call at the border but in this moment, I feel an overwhelming urge to be alone.

"speech"

OOC: Vu is gone now and won't reply again. Enjoy your thread. <3

@Namida (I couldn't get a tag to work for Chaska's profile, I'm sorry!)
@Banjo

-All magic and force are permitted barring serious injury and/or death-
-Powerplay outside of fighting is permitted-
-Please tag in all replies-

Chaska
Chaska shifted his weight to his left side as he grew uncomfortable as he caught the slight chuckle noises from the spunky roo. This was the buckskins first encounter with a female that he could have a relationship with. When in his birth herd he had been to busy training in the meadows or looking after his family to interact to much with the opposite sex. But when he did interact with females he normal was calm cool and collected. This mare was just stunning and surprised him by coming out of nowhere.

Ashamin began speaking and what he said at first sunk his heart. Chaska looked at his soft plumage that hung at his sides and frowned. 'I am not so different am I?' he thought sadly. But before he could dwell on the blow, Ashamin added that he was part of a group. Not a herd but a place to call home. 'That's what mother wanted right? She wanted me to find a place to call home.'

The young stallion opened his mouth to speak but was stopped by the elegant ebony mares voice. He felt his heart sink slightly when she said she would be leaving and he should take up Ashamin offer. Honestly he hoped he could get to know the female more but understood that she did indeed have a herd to go to. He nodded his head in a bow as she walked into the forest. Now it was time to focus on the task at hand. He had been offered a kind of family.

The offer of a group to join was something the sabino felt he couldn't pass up. Banj was a character and Ashamin seemed truthworthy enough, this could be interesting. So with that final thought the stallion raised his cranium and held his molted wings high on his back before he spoke, "I would be honored to join your group Ashamin. What do I need to do sir?" he said seriously. Chaska was ready for this next chapter in his life.

Riven

Luckily for all parties, Ashamin had charisma, and charm enough to make a crocodile vomit. He stole the reins  quickly and smoothly from the outspoken ‘kanga-pon' and polished over the graceless and very cheeky slip of tongue with a well constructed explanation of herd localities. Well played! For the remainder of that particular branch of their conversation, he piped down, enjoying the scenery until the girlie voiced her specific thoughts on the subject of homes - and Hidden Falls. Where had he heard that name before?

The buck thought hard, but for the life of him couldn't remember...

Then, out of nowhere (he thought) wingman Banjo felt the heat rise through his core as the ebony temptress bid them an overly formal-type, and blunt farewell (after sinking a rather snaky insult his way too…). Rejection was a bitch. Clearly she was playing hard to get, and though he said nothing as she turned lean buttocks their way, a clever smile lifted quickly through his features - he and Chaska would hunt the likes of her down again another day, no sweat! The mare’s silky black tail vanished between redwoods and the horsaroo blew a casual kiss after her - nothing offensive. As keen green eyes roamed back towards the buckskin, they perceived the disappointment therein and narrowed thoughtfully before he commented, “what a snot… She’ll be right mate! If that’s the bird you're after, that’s the one you’ll get. Just gotta work ‘er down a bit ya know?”

Flowers, food… rocks… something to penetrate that stubborn female wall she had up around her. Sheila's liked romantic rubbish, that much he knew for sure.

Love wasn’t built in a day, right?

He nodded conclusively, there would be plenty of time for all the jazz down the track.

With corks dancing merrily before his eyes, Banjo looked at last to Ashamin to respond to the stallion’s last question - the bit about the group (which was more like a gentleman’s club, a band of bachelors, ‘unbound’). That’s the spin he’d put on it anyway and he flashed a broad grin by each of his worthy companions. “Welcome aboard…!” he popped in quickly, resisting the mounting urge to slap their newest brother on the back. The culture in these parts was vastly different to his own, or so the jack was rapidly discovering - old habits died hard and his slow conversion was a work in progress. He rocked back upon deceivingly scrawny back legs and reached with one sharp fore-claw to scratch the bridge of his copper-coloured nose.

Tagging Ashamin over skype, @Chaska

I run just like this!

OOC

WELCOME! I don't know if you got my PM, but go ahead and add me on skype (j.s.n.y.) and I will add you to our group chat. You can also take a look at our disciplines on the page I linked before and decide what two you think best suit Chaska for his primary and secondary path. To get your rank changed so you can post outside of the threshold, post in the updates board. So excited to have you on board!

ASHAMIN
BEAUTY IS PERCEPTION

The series of events that occurred then both took Ashamin by surprise and filled him with a wave of satisfaction that he'd thought he would never feel again. Suddenly he was successful; not once before had his efforts in the threshold paid off. And he did have to attribute some of it to the mare's odd tactic, which Ashamin assumed Banjo had hit right on the head. Either she was playing hard to get or she'd taken pity on Ashamin and Banjo's seemingly very small band.

Either way, Ashamin would not look the gift over more than once before accepting it. Just as Chaska accepted his offer, he would accept the circumstances with a smile on his face. Banjo also seemed bright, and Ashamin nodded appreciatively towards the hybrid, who instantly acted towards Chaska as if he were a close comrade. When the mare disappeared completely, Ashamin nickered softly; it was comical to picture Banj and Chaska both trying to seduce the odd likes of her.

When the pegasus stallion asked what he needed to do, Ashamin found himself hesitating. Suddenly he was at a loss, not sure how to bring this young sabino into a new wold and band. But he composed himself, bolstered by his two companions sending soothing images of the surroundings that they explored with their childlike gazes.

"Welcome indeed, Chaska, he said with a nod, following Banj's suit. "Next, you should consider what disciplines you wish to pursue; we have yet to hold a meeting, but soon we will gather and discuss how to mobilize. In the meantime, seek out and stay in touch with other members of our group, and try to recruit more outcasts." He paused then, long white tail swaying as he stepped closer to the newest member of their group. "Ovidius, Rhea, and Rein all wander these lands as a part of The Unbound, I would see if you can acquaint yourself with them."

Talk here

@Chaska