the Rift

[OPEN] like dreamers do

Agnodice Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2hh :: 8
Herophilos :: Plain Black Dragon :: Toxic Breath prissy

a new world, material without being real,

where poor ghosts, breathing dreams like air, drifted fortuitously about

"Equines, like myself, came from the ocean, from Poseidon and sea foam," She hesitated, flicking her curvaceous ears back in annoyance. "Dragons...they were children of the Gods themselves," She muttered reluctantly, huffing as her companion trilled and twirled in the air, celebrating his species' superiority. "There's no need to a snob about it," Agnodice hissed back, flipping her mane in his face and scattering flower petals around the dainty dragon.

Hero screeched in reply, flapping his wings more fiercely, sending the petals washing back unto their originator. The doctor didn't mind the flowers anymore, it had been a season or two since they started sprouting from her hair. If it were a few moons ago, then she would have been sneezing as the petals kissed her cheeks, but not anymore. Her companions attempt at getting even was a definite failure.

The reptile trilled softly, realizing his failure and settling on the pale cream of his bonded's back. He crawled up her spine and nestled his delicate body in the flowers and tendrils of her mane. Agnodice considered throwing him off, but decided against it. He was trying to reconcile anyways, and she hated to stay mad at the best friend she had.

The doctor smiled, losing her annoyed expression in exchange for a pleasant one. She continued forward, stopping at the edge of the water and mulling over where to continue in her story. "Kalós. O sfodróteros drákos ítan Tyfóna," Agnodice stated softly, slipping comfortably into the tongue of her homeland. Her dragon wouldn't understand all she said, she could feel his confusion through the bond. But that was okay for now. He would learn. She smiled again, wider this time, as her dragon sat up to listen to her more carefully. "Tha mátheis," She murmured dreamily, sweeping her leonine tail over the ground, leaving a trail of petals and flowers in her wake before continuing on with her tale.

"Tyfónas ítan i teleftaía gios tis Gaías kai o patéras pollón térata..."

--

"Kalós. O sfodróteros drákos ítan Tyfóna," = Alright. The firecest dragon was Typhon.
"Tha mátheis," = You will learn
"Tyfónas ítan i teleftaía gios tis Gaías kai o patéras pollón térata..." = Typhon was the last son of Gaia and the father of many monsters.

Open thread! @Lyanna maybe? :D

agnodice & herophilos

Image Credits | Background Credit
[Image: 5694548be0939]
You’d stick the world into your bedside lane
It’s boredom makes you callous to all pain

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

She has never been in the Grove. It didn’t seem like a place for her, necessarily. It seemed more like a place for private meetings and secret affairs. And Lyanna? Well she hardly knew anyone at all here. What use could she possibly have for secret or elicit anything? But today, she figures it might be worth a venture anyway. A quiet day in which she doesn’t expect to find anyone. But that’s not necessarily a bad thing. She’s spent a lot of time wandering, meeting stranger she figures she’s unlikely to meet again. It’s keep her mind busy, but it might be alright to simply get lost for a day. To forget everything.

Today, she’s earthbound, knowing this would not be the sort of place one flies over. Not that she can see much through the trees, but still, it felt too much like spying. Instead she weaves through the trees, different than the forests of the Edge or the Deep Forest. Everything here is lush and green and thick. The willow branches dance lightly on the surface of the pond and across her back. Sunlight filters in softly, giving the place just enough light to see by, but not too much.

And then there’s a trail of petals. Oh. That’s odd. That’s not something one normally sees. Not that Helovia shocks her quite as much as it used to. But still. Flower petals don’t blow around into a straight line. Curious, she follows the petals and is soon greeting with the cadence of a story, the voice faraway and feminine. The language though is not one she knows,

It’s not long before a gray (almost white) mare comes into view. Her mane and tail are black and littered with the same flowers and petals that coat the ground behind her. Oh, how wonderful! she thinks, sounding like a child in her own head. But then again, she is almost still a child. Sometimes she forgets. Sometimes, she feels a million years old. Losing your family can do that to the mind, though.

Realizing she’s unwittingly nearly snuck up on someone, she offers a nicker and “Hello,” stopping in place at this point so the other mare doesn’t think she’s being purposefully followed. “I saw the petals. They are lovely,” she adds, by way of explination. “I’m Lyanna.”

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Agnodice

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki