the Rift

[OPEN] two six feet under the stars [welcoming]

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
I said to the sun—what's the Big Bang like?
the sun said—it hurts to become
We picked our way through Helovia, myself and my blind, flightless raven. I found a friend in her, despite her ways being delicate and outlandish. She was all I was not, in a different way than Shida was. Ravel and Shida, both my opposites, but neither in the same way. Perhaps that was what drew me to the raven.

I looked over to Ravel and smiled lightly, mostly to myself, as the turning of my blush colored lips was unbeknownst to her. I slowed my pace as we neared the Edge, the Ruins of the Glass Wall igniting a bit of fear in my breast. Would my friend be able to traverse the glass without being cut?

I supposed it was time to find out.

I led the way, choosing a fine hole in the wall that would be easy enough to walk through. "Careful here, stay close. Once, there was a huge wall made of glass here, for our protection. What's left of it is in ruins," I stated with a sigh of my smoky breath as I kicked a shard of glass out of our way. Maybe bringing a blind horse to the Edge wasn't particularly the wisest idea, but I had faith in my friend.

"Welcome to the World's Edge," I told Ravel gleefully once I had slipped through the entrance. My pale gaze left the inky mare then to search the landscape for signs of superiors, namely maybe my mother or Tembovu. Part of me almost hoped it would be the Elephant King rather than the Icebound. I hadn't spoken to her in a while.

welcoming thread for @Ravel :D
@Elsa @Tembovu <3333
image | coding
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Ravel Posts: 15
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: III
Eshye
@Auriel
by azagus

please teach me gently
how to breathe

Ravel had not spent so much time with anyone else befoe, save for her brother. She and her brother had been inseparable. He was her guide, her protector, her friend, her everything. It felt odd for her to be so very close, physically, to this new friend… to trust them with her life. But Ravel had nowhere else to go. Besides, what would one want with a skinny, blind creature? She was sure she tasted bitter, if not like nothing at all.

The journey was long but she enjoyed the company. She was one step behind her friend the whole way, muzzle bumping gently against the captain’s shoulder every now and again. But in her years she had learned to stop dead when the word ‘careful’ was said. Ravel grew stiff, still, waited for her friend to pass. She listened intently, the words stoking the fire of her curiosity. A glass wall? For protection from what? Or whom? Something, or someone, that made a barrier meant for protection into a dangerous obstacle?

Her heart fluttered, skipped a beat. She drew her breath in slowly, held it, and followed ever so closely behind her friend.

She assumed the words of welcome meant they’d found themselves on the other side of the wall. She hesitated, and as she exhaled, she slowly dragged her body along the mare’s side until she rested again at her shoulder. Questions shifted wildly about inside her mind, the feeling of loneliness in the pit of her belly long gone now.

She wasn’t sure just then if she wanted answers.

Instead, she lifted her head, wondering what awaited them.
★ harm her if it pleases you,
but death is not ready for her yet

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
the happy ending depends, of course...
Black-rimmed ears swing forward as he heard voices— both feminine but only one familiar. Another newcomer to the Edge? His head raised from his greedy, delicious afternoon snack of Birdsong’s lush new grasses. Great horn swiveled towards he border near which he grazed, wondering who would appear.

A lopsided smile crossed his muzzle as Auriel, wreathed in black smoke, emerged from the misted trees. And at her haunches walked an ink-stained equine. The slender, dark figure hovered, almost intimately, and the Edge’s Princess’s shoulder. He had not known that his Captain had had a lover. Should he have known? His internal questions brought a closer inspection of the long, lanky newcomer. And he found her body feminine, if angular. Ebony brows raise, glancing between the pair as his head cocked. He was not one to judge where one finds love, but—

His thoughts cease as his intent study of the back, violet-sheen woman settled on her eyes. Blind. Though there were some that were pupil-less in Helovia, the way the woman hovered and the way her silver eyes stared unfocused all told the Elephant King that this newcomer did not have sight. His own eyes dropped to the minefield of sharp glass that littered the misted ground between him and the two women.

“Auriel,” his deep rumble called, “There is a place cleared of glass just past the trees to your right. It might prove less treacherous for you and your companion.” His own, broad shoulders twisted, as he began to move in that direction, hopefully following the two along the other side of the shattered glass until they reached the short, glass-free expanse.

“Hello, I am Tembovu. I gladly welcome you to the Edge,” he low voice easily travelled the distance to the newcomer, “Aside from Auriel’s good company, what brings you to us?” His deep tone was laced with curiosity.
...on when you end your story.
image | bckg

@Auriel

Please tag Tembovu.