the Rift

time to get your head on straight

Nirvana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sea salt burns her eyes like fire from the Sun, sinking into her purple shade until she is crying. The tears that trickle from her orbs are not out of pain, sadness, or any sort of weak emotions that her older sister would have poured hours into playing out. The ocean is dragging out far beneath her small body, and as her wings hang wide and glide lazily along the winds, she can faintly see the outline of land against the thinning horizon. Land, and hopefully home.

As she dips low to inspect, the orange, brightly hued sand colours rise from the sea like a raging fire. Did fire burn over the water? Was water not meant to triumph all? Wrinkles form along her face as she scrunches her lips into a snarl, thrusting her wings downward and towards the ground, accelerating into the sky, not caring to look back at the cloud of ‘fire dust’ that she had generated in her action.

Her ascent into the sky realm takes little time with the presence of warm ocean air. Soon enough, a new, much larger island is building, expanding far beyond what her eyes can see, even at her flight level. With every motion of her skull, there is more. Green floods the ground, and for a second, she questions if she has found a different coloured water body. Wouldn’t her Life Giver be excited to hear such marvelous things.

But as the flight extended into more of a lazy cruise, she is reminded of her purpose on this island. If it doesn’t fall beneath the reign of the Mothers, then it is her’s for the taking. If the inhabitants could present her with lavish gifts, worldly possessions that would her sister gasp and squeal like a damned child, spirits that they have never seen before with their eyes, then it would quickly fall to their armies. Yet she must find the thing that will bring her family rushing to such a place, and that requires entering the green sea.

Water is no monster to her eyes. She dips with a brutish style of grace, drawing one wing into her body and sweeping to the ocean below her. Details construct and become more intricate as the green wate- no, fucking trees near her. They catch her with great speed, and out of fear of the prying eyes of her Sacrificial Clan looking down upon her mangled body, she panics. Both of her wings move to fold with great speed, throwing her weight backwards and drawing her legs in. Pain rips through her as she feels a portion of her tail tear free in a branch and her right hind leg open a new wound when the trees reaches to grab her.

The nearest opening is small, but she is sure the scent of blood will scare her game, and her body is tired with the length of her flight. Hunger that has been ignored for more than a few days makes a return with vengeance, and as her chance to land closes in with speed, she takes the dive.

It slams her body like a brick wall. It chews her up and spits her out, and pain of throwing herself into the ground at high speed finally passes with nothing more than a few mangled feathers and future bruises, she assesses her surroundings. Dry air heats her lungs and tightens her throat as her vision blurs. Green of almost every shade melds into one another. Each wing is lifted with dull pain, moving her joints slowly as her sight corrects itself enough to notice the distorted appearance of multiple flight feathers.

She doesn’t wince at the pain when she rips them from her wings, opening up space for more correct feathers to take their place.

OOC: Open to everyone, but would prefer her to head off to the Edge or Throat if she does go to a herd.

@Ashamin @Ovidius

Ovidius Posts: 36
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 13.3hh :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Eris
OVIDIUS

Honestly, why was she still here?

Of course, sneaking about and around, listening to conversation and snips of stories was always a favorite pastime - but why must she do it here? The answer to that question evaded the tiny mare despite the fact that it was literally her own question and her own answer. Rolling her eyes at herself, the mare straightened her spine and snapped down at her thoughts, comforting herself with the memory of Daddy's voice.

"If you are meant to know the answer, it will come to you. If not, well... Guess the answer wasn't yours to have, after all."

With a sigh and a soft smile the lass nodded her daintily sculpted head and carried on. She would always carry on.

....Except for when purple-y pegasi rained from the heavens.

With a sharp inhale and raised brows, the Ovidius watched as the unknown mare plummeted through the canopy and found the ground with a less-than-ceremonial grunt. She cocked her head to the side as the nameless pegasus rose from her crumpled heap and began to remove damaged feathers from her own wings. Sucking on her teeth, the petite gal allowed the stranger a few more moments of seemingly inconvenienced privacy before clearing her throat and moving forward - the shrubs in this part of the forest were oft taller than she and it wasn't uncommon for other equines to miss her presence entirely unless she made herself known.

"So, welcome to Helovia," A playful grin toyed with obsidian lips and mirth danced in her golden eyes, "I'd like to think that your entrance is probably the most entertaining to date." She moved ever closer, onyx hooves barely leaving an indent in the soil, "I'm Ovidius and you're pretty hardcore. I'm not much for healing, but I think I remember my Daddy saying something along the lines of 'walk it off.'"

Grin splitting into a full smile, Ovi had trouble keeping her laughter from bubbling over as she eyed the mare appreciatively - there was just something about a dramatic entrance that rubbed her the right way.

"So, what do they call you, most clumsy worshipfulness?"

@Nirvana
Just to prove I'm not a runner,
I'll be coming with my guns up,
Shooting at the moon to bring the sun up.

Yaotl Posts: N/A
Unregistered
then he forgot just what it felt like,
to feel his bones burning inside
I have explored this foreign land many a night alone, watched only by Coyolxauhqui. I searched for the man Gull and the Tiger, time and time again getting my hopes up only to have them crushed. I followed the path dutifully, mindlessly dragging myself through Helovia at Coyolxauhqui's whim, hoping to get somewhere. Legs grow weary, wings grow tired, yet I continue to push for fear of failure, for fear of letting down Nantli— for letting down my people

The only place I got, was the exact same place I'd begun. It was the crowded forest with lost and weary souls trapped behind gnarled trunks, praying that today someone takes a moment to notice them. And I do— I notice every individual with their hopeful eyes and confident steps, some hesitant to push beyond the boundaries of familiarity. I find a secluded area, still able to hear the lingering whispers of past and current conversations, shuffling hooves and anxious feathers, all mixing together to create a rather unpleasant feeling. Here I come to rest, long after Coyolxauhqui had passed beyond the horizon and Huitzilopochtli had taken her place, eyelids heavy and breathes shallow as my conscious fades for a moment of much needed silence— 

What I do not expect today (or any day) is to witness a crash. 

An unfortunate pegasus comes tumbling through the green canopy, body barreling through the serenity of a calming afternoon nap, crushing my hopes of rest before they can even begin. A startled gasp escapes cerulean lips, golden eyes wide as twisted ivory tunnels through layers of tissue to surface along sloping shoulders, presented like a deadly collar against blue hide. The familiar feeling of knitting flesh readjusting to its new position encompasses my mind, spine tingling at the sensation of tissue setting and wrapping around new bone. The bone blades at my shoulders come in pairs (one for each side), a spontaneous reaction to the fall of an angel. 

I am not the only one to notice, black and gold dancing in my peripherals as the fallen mare plucks at her feathers with ease, no hesitance as she tears away some of the damaged ones. Aureate eyes fall to the discarded feathers, ears twitching in sympathy at the hidden pain she must be feeling— tearing away ones own feathers is no small feat. Ornately decorated head turns to Ovidius, the perky mare whose golden horns travel down her spine, as she talks more. Ears slant down, unappreciative of her outgoing personality. I remained calm, finding this no laughing matter while a grin spread across onyx features. "All okay?" I ask the xolopitli, a pierced brow rising as the question drifts between us. "Need ticitl for wounds?" The short, simple questions are all that stumble from dark blue lips, eyes trained to the violet kissed woman as I await her answer. 

-- xolopitli means fool, ticitl means healer/medic, 

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Wings spread out around her as the current draws the fae higher and higher into the sky leaving all her worries on the ground. All thoughts about her ever confusing journey here in Helovia are forgotten for the time being as the wind washes it all away leaving only the newest memories in her mind. The latest drama she had gotten herself into was this new group or herd or whatever the hell you called it. At first she had been unsure about joining into something so random but in the end she had broken down and signed herself up thanks to Ashamin's pursuading.

Casting her gaze around to check her surroundings and altitude, a small object caught her attention hovering just down below her a few hundred feet. Straining her eyes to make out the shape she was surprised to see that it was another pegasi, but why was she so low? Did she not realize that the giant green patch was a forest? Snorting with amusement she held herself in a position where she could watch the inevitable happen before allowing herself to drop down for a better view. Sure enough when the mare wasn't paying attention out popped one of those nasty trees and BAMN, down she went into the canopy below. At first she thought about just carrying along and not getting herself mixed up with anyone but her consence had other ideas and started nagging her to go make sure the girl was alright. Grumbling to herself she tucked her wings tightly to her sides and pulled herself into a dive making sure to open them just before she hit the canopy herself.

Sliding delicately through the canopy her hooves crashed into the ground with a thump as her joints and wings split the impact forces. Bi-coloured optics scanned around her and easily picked out the mare's brownish figure not too far off along with two others who did not bare wings. Go figure others would stand around and watch something horrible she thought silently getting slightly annoyed already at the other pair without actually knowing their intentions. Tucking her wings to her sides she wandered over to the other pegasus scanning her body over for suspected injuries. "Are you alright? That was quite the fall." She asked genuinely concerned for once in her lifetime for the other mare's injuries. Guess it changes things when you can picture the same thing happening to yourself one day. "I seen you fall and tried to follow you down to make sure you are in one piece." She added as an explanation hoping the mare wouldn't suspect she had just stood back and watched the whole thing happen without a shred of concern. "My name is Rhea, who might you be?" She asked lifting her eyes to the pair of non winged individuals so as to include them in the conversation as well if she must.

Rhea Speaks

•• TAGS: @Nirvana , @Ovidius , @Yaotl •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Nirvana Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Pain moves through her wings and into the nerves where her feathers are. Sparks fly as she wrinkles her muzzle into mountains and valleys of lines, watching as blood trickles from the holes they create. Twisted, broken, and bent, she flings them into the grass as if they are trash. Weakness will only bring her down, and as a warrior for her clan, she must excel even when pain strikes her. She must be immobile before she can give the fight up, and only then out of honor.

The wind wastes no time in taking them away.

Through a rapid succession of blinks, the world constructs correctly. It unfolds into a mess of bushes, trees and ...bodies.

Each eye draws into slits as a small figure approaches at a slow gait. While they both exist as small mares, the upper hand rests in her wings. The amount of time and effort given to them has grown the feathered masses into extensive weapons, and as the outer reaches of her wings gather into the ground and her lower stomach, the insides puff. Atop her head, each ear sinks into an aggressive position, and as she studies with great attention to detail, processing all the ways she could achieve in getting the upper hand in this battle.

Her head pulls up into the air as her legs unfold from below, throwing her weight into her legs as she stands and quickly opening her wings to their full potential to express their sheer size and how much more power they contain. But there is off about this small mare.

She talks about some sort of ‘Daddy’, a title that comes off almost insultive. Why would one’s Life Giver allow her child to be named such a thing? Was this mare of some sort of disgrace? Politeness tells her not to ask, but Nirvana the Huntress is not polite.

Daddy? Her voice is sharp and as hard as stones when it rumbles through her throat, rising out of the deep. Ovidius seems like a more welcome name. “Was your Life Giver so insultive to your clan that she had to be named such a na-” Barbed wire wraps around her throat and tightens with a single yank. Words cease to matter. The whole world feels as if it has fallen quiet as it stares upon this, this, this abomination.

“What? What? What have you DONE? You are a disgrace, abomination, MONSTER! Where have you abandoned your precious gifts for such” She glares into the spikes mounting the small mare’s body. Instead of being able to slip through the sky effortlessly and carefully, with gentle love that is meant for such wonderful gifts, she has chosen to bare adornments, decorations, something her sister would coo over with glee. “...jewelry.”

The betrayed deemed Ovidius is looking at her, smiling, acting as if she has been given a gift from the skies above. Am I the next to lose my gifts? She checks both sides. Still there. She asks for a name, claiming that she is ‘clumsy’ in the process. Teeth unfurl from her lips as her snarl deepens into a further pit of rage.

But by the time that she prepares to throw herself into battle with this unholy beast, the Earth Spirit has found a way to cease her emotions. They are a blur of colours that glimmer in the light, with wings of exquisite beauty and size, height that makes Nirvana feel insignificant under. Their beauty makes her feel dull in comparison, not that her own personal beauty was ever a thought in her head. Warriors are not beautiful, they are strong, powerful and brave, but what is the tale? Beauty killed the Beast?

Joints lock into place as her weight flees into her wings, lifting their dull bodies into the air as she slides. Ovidius doesn’t mean as important now. Beauty is speaking to her, and she is caught up in the sight of her sister.

Her wounds are brought up. An omen. Does Beauty not care for tradition? Does she want to bring bad luck upon her? “What is your Birth Clan? Your Life Giver? Title? Did your Sacrificial Clan not teach you of omens? You bring bad luck. Like the abomination.

And an omen does arrive to them. As if everything of ill taste falls from the sky, her descent and flight had been followed. Their wings come as a welcome feature, but as she (finally)pulls her eyes away from the multi-coloured mare of extreme beauty, she discovers the reason this place has exiled and abandoned by her people. They only care for objects upon which they can mount along their bodies, with disregard to their precious gifts from the Sky Mother.

“I do not need assistance from something such as yourselves. You have strayed far from the Sky Mother and her gifts, brought objects to your bodies that tear the sky and tossed your gifts aside. How far are you from becoming Ovidius the betrayer? She turns to her sister, the beauty, looking for answers. “Why did you choose to go so far from your home? What have you all done to push you so far from the Clans that you must call your home Helovia?

OOC: Just an fyi, if possible i'd really like for this thread to move quickly and might skip people if it takes a while for them to reply.

@Yaotl @Rhea @Ovidius

Ovidius Posts: 36
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 13.3hh :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Eris
OVIDIUS

Oh, this one was pure gold.

Laughter, boisterous and gaudy, rang out between the trunks of trees and silenced the critters of the forest; it seemed as if the newest addition to Helovia didn't leave home too often. The arrival of two more pegasi did nothing to deter the tiny mare from her fit of chuckles, no, this particular experience was too rich to be wasted on introductions. The voices of the others were all but drown out beneath the slight lass' fit of giggles and each time that it seemed she would stop, those golden eyes landed upon the lavender stranger once more and the laughter would bubble up again.

At last, though, after what seemed to be an age, Ovidius blinked away her tears and plastered her signature grin upon onyx lips. With a nod toward the mare who had called herself Rhea, Ovi let her voice fill the cracks in the atmosphere, "I would introduce myself, but it seems like the Purple Princess over here beat me to it. Ovidius the Betrayer, I kinda like the ring to that one." Flashing a wink toward the newest member of Helovia, the obsidian lass moved closer to the lavender hued grouch, eyes flashing with mischief.

"Yes, beware, sister! You've entered the Haunted Forest, home to the Wing-Snatchers and their brood. I was once beautiful and free like you, but the denizens of this forest trapped me with their beauty and stole my wings!" She almost lost it then, a new wave of giggles threatening to overwhelm her, but she tamped them down, trading her grin for a wide-eyed look of horror, "Beware those in peacocked garb! Beware the one beside you, oh mighty warrior, she is one of them! A demon in beautiful flesh sent here at the behest of the Dark Mother to steal your wings and tie you to this damnable earth for eternity!"

Ovidius only kept up the façade for a few more moments, the walls of her performance crumbling upon a wave of guffaws. Moving so that she stood beside the towering figure of Rhea, the tiny mare's smirk made an encore appearance as her leonine tail wrapped daintily around the spine jutting from her rump. Shifting so that her weight was pressed to her right side, Ovi popped out a hip and leveled her mocking gaze at the foreigner, "Kidding, of course. You might not know this, my Most-Moronic Highness, but these spikes grow out of my spine and they do it naturally. In fact, most denizens of Helovia lack wings - you're the minority here."

Heaving a dramatic sigh, Ovi rolled her thin shoulders, causing the spikes upon her back to clink together softly, "I can tell you don't get out much, but honestly, looks like the whole bird-brain theory isn't exclusive to our avian friends." With a quirked brow and a skeptical smile in her eyes, the petite maiden allowed herself a single chuckle before settling back into silence.

@Nirvana
Just to prove I'm not a runner,
I'll be coming with my guns up,
Shooting at the moon to bring the sun up.

Yaotl Posts: N/A
Unregistered
then he forgot just what it felt like,
to feel his bones burning inside
A barrage of questions befalls the ebony lips, eyes watching closely as she rattles them off. I open my lips, letting them gape for a moment as I realize I have much to consider in the words she's spoken. She asks for my birth clan, my life giver (nantli?). She tells me I bring bad luck just like the abomination (Ovidius the Betrayer). My eyes wander to the petite mare and her golden weapons, settling on the clean points of her sturdy daggers before falling to the mangled tips of bone protruding from my collar— mine were not natural. "Birth Clan?" It's only a whisper as I try to recall the meaning behind clan, what the term would be at home. Tribe? Does she mean what tribe I was born in? My mind works tirelessly to connect the dots, trying to realize that this woman has probably never been informed of the outside (she seemed to have a peculiar reaction to the unicorn). Hesitantly I answer, rough and deep vocals cutting through the prolonged silence with a choppy answer. "From Arto, descendent of  Cualneci-oquichtin tribe." I pause momentarily, gathering up each question and answer, taking time to word my responses. "I, Yaotl the Teohua. Born of Bellona, chieftess of the Cualneci-oquichtin reborn. And who is you?" I preach of my heritage, aureate eyes befalling the woman of ebony in hopes she will be more impressed than the black and gold mare, who I seek not to impress— only intimidate. I am the Teohua, the Gods' keeper of secrets, of their legends— I am entrusted to listen to their tales and offer them praise and prayers, sacrificing to appeal to them. 

"No, no tetzahuitl! Never a tetzahuitl!" I toss my head, I am no bad luck, I am a child born from the blood of warriors and shamans, beautiful god blessed people whose roots run deep within the ancient lands. "Not a tetzahuitl." I confirm finally, gaze shifting to the newcomer and praying that she accept me as a comrade. Another woman comes, with lofty black wings and a horn upon her brow— eyes shifting to the foreigner in hopes she will favour me over this new mare, wishing for her kindness rather than the rage present within her veins. 

The golden woman with her onyx hide preaches lies, woven tales of demons hidden beneath beautiful skin, wolves in precious clothing. "Ihuian!" I cry out against her, lips drawn in a snarl at the Betrayer. "Dare you call the Teohua a demon? Tixtotomac!" She so foolishly believes she will go unpunished, that she will run free from harm when she has defiled my name! Cerulean body trembles with fury, the gods keeping an eye on me as I stare down at this wretched woman. "Tixolopitli! Face wrath of Gods for impudence!" Not a single missed syllable as the promise strikes my lips, sizzling gold watches carefully the onyx woman. She is nothing, a stone in my path on my way to reaching something greater, something better than this pettiness. As I watch her wallow in sickening laughter my skin breaks, twisted towers of ivory spiraling from my shoulders, daring her to step closer. Skin stains red around the parted flesh, mending itself as it adjusts to the separation. 

She the Chicactic turns to me, asking more questions for me to ponder. "Came to Helovia for Nantli, I am to explore for time before return to Arto. I know little of Helovia history, Nantli tell me only what she know of herds and others." That is all I can offer her, lost to all the other answers. She obviously trusts me more than those here, believing they've given away their wings in turn for horns— I believe she hasn't seen anything beyond a pegasus. 

— teohua, "keeper of the gods." tetzahuitl, "bad omen." ihuian, "a crazy, foolish thing." tixtotomac, "you are a fool." tixolopitli, "you are stupid." chicactic, "sturdy, strong."

@Rhea

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

To be quite honest the maiden of the sky doesn't really know why she cares to show any concern at all for the oblivious mare who should have known what danger she had gotten herself into. To be so reckless and glide that close to the trees is just asking for trouble though she had done many reckless things herself in her time here on earth. She refused to compare herself to this smaller being with perhaps less of a head upon her shoulders. Eyes more to the girls forehead to find no horn, yep that would explain a lot about this poorly guided young filly. Should she chose to come with her she would need to be whipped into shape real fast of else become the liability of the rest of them.

Turning her attention back to the others now she greets them both with rather guarded expression that really shows indifference. It is only now that she notices the brightly coloured one actually does have wings somewhere in amongst the feathers. Shrugging she noted that it did not change her overall opinion of this rather interesting gathering of various creatures and then there was herself that belonged to a class all of her own. Turning her attention back to the creature of interest she awaits the speech that is yet to come. In the mean time her bi-coloured eyes sweep gingerly over the grulla to find the mass of pulled feathers and the small yet bleeding gash laid out upon her skin. For a fall so seemingly disasterous the filly got quite lucky to walk away with such little damage.

Pricking her ears as the drama begins to unfold before her she can only laugh in silence at the rather diluted views the downed pidgeon had to offer them before she turned to her. Flicking one ear back to her skull the other stayed forward to listen to the bizarre rantings. Blood clan? Life Giver? Ha, this one was as dillusional as a clown in asylum. Before she gets a chance to speak the black and gold creature decides to go in with her own foolish games to tantalize the bird between fits of laughter. At first you could say that she was semi amused with her but it quickly got old turning into more of the childish games she loathed. Again the blue bird speaks only this time with more rantings of things she cannot begin to understand. Was it just her or was everyone going crazy? "I don't understand what you both go on about but seeing as you are fit for battle I have a proposition for you." She says directed towards Nirvana.

"Come join our group of warriors and fight alongside us to create a world that we all want. You are free to feel and do as you wish but I promise you it is worth it." Eyes looking to meet those of the downed dove she takes a small step forward lowering her head to meet her at eye level. She almost dared her to try and attack her for it would be a quick and swift finish that would only result in something else broken for the mare. Her magic was a blast and if anyone wished to get up close and personal with it they would have a mighty good time of it as well.

Rhea Speaks

•• TAGS:@Nirvana •• NOTES: Don't mind Rhea XD ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo