the Rift

[PRIVATE] Swim.

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
The Painted Buck

Ashamin's flaws had lessened significantly since he had come to helovia, but swimming was still something he was not very good at. The water dragged at his thick beard and coat and weighed him down. His companions, with their long legs and slender bodies, were swifter and nimbler. They reached the shore and looked back at him with eyes that were wide in the dark. This island was an unexplored territory and they were eager to plunder its depths. Lochan was patient enough to wait for his bonded, but Rakt was already moving into the jungle-like foliage by the time Ashamin dragged himself on shore.

In preparation for the short journey he had left his coils on the opposite side of the shore, figuring that the last thing he needed was a damaging shock to his system as he went for a soothing night swim. He would return to it soon, however, and did not plan to leave it alone for long. The riptide isles had been a special request visit made by Rakt. The red cerndyr had been insistent that they go somewhere special that night, as if there was something he needed to show them.

And as it turned out, there was.

In the nimble embrace of the darkness they all gathered, wet with thin ocean water and clean with each other's company. Lochan's white eyes pierced the dark and watched his younger but larger brother with care; Ashamin's pitch ones blended with every shadow cast upon him. But Rakt was alight with the fire of the stars, twirling and dancing some beautiful dance he'd created. He leapt through the isles' mists with ease, cutting through their fog and causing it to fly from him whenever he touched down to the earth again. Gold stardust commingled with the thin veil of silver and began to move, to live, to breathe, until it created two wobbly images of ghosts. When Rakt finally stood still there was a look of utter peace on his face, one mirrored in the expressions of the apparitions he had conjured. Two other deer-like creatures, flashing in brilliant hues, circled the young companion.

Somewhere along the way Rakt had discovered a beautiful magic. On this special night he revealed it to them like an unfolding flower. Within was something delicate and unique to their trio. The moment the summoned deer faded, Lochan and Ashamin ran towards their brother and they all shared the breath of a family united by pride.

It was an intimate moment, a perfect one, but it was not fated to remain uninterrupted for long.

""

@Mkali (feel free to have her have seen what just happened. Excited to thread!)

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Mkali Posts: 7
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Chimera
Mkali

The wilderness of this realm - this Helovia - was vast. Landscape changed rapidly when viewed down from the heavens; from dense forests to desolate deserts to beautiful meadows. Wings continued to beat to a silent drum with no signs of resting. A resentful acceptance was beginning to settle in as I realized these lands - these tainted lands stained by the practice of the dark arts - were something I would soon have to memorize.

The reason as to why I was here was still unknown. I could continue to reject it, I could continue to lash out in anger and confusion. Heavens knows how much I had done of that today. Exhaustion was beginning to overwrite the desperation, though. The white flag was hosted and Helovia had won. For now.

I would learn why I was summoned here - and if it truly was a work of some God - but for no I had to focus on surviving. I had not spent years planning attacks on supply lines and raiding Dorobian camps to simply let the unknown gain victory over me. I was not to be tamed so easily; not by the conquerors nor by these new lands.

The sun had taken its slumber a while ago, letting the moon take its reign in the sky. Pale rays dancing from twinkling stars curiously reflected off something on the ground. Curiously, I began to slow descent toward the shiny object. Upon closer inspection, it appeared to be a coil with strands of hair - tail hair, perhaps? - wrapped around it.

Splashes sounded in the distance. Stealing was a necessity, I had learned. It was not my fault some fool left their treasure prime for the taking. A mere decoration but we Korofi had an eye for things that glimmered-

"Kak!" My nose had simply brushed along the coil and I could feel my snout burning before I even saw the sparks. Backwards I stumbled, all too willing too cease touching the object. What sort of voodoo was this?! Decorum that shot out electricity? Had it simply been a trap all along?

Thoughts raced in more quickly than I could comprehend. Above them all came instinct, though. Immediately I took to the skies, hoping my dark hide would meld into the night sky. The smell of burned fur made my teeth grit as I glared at the item lying on the ground. I was really getting sick of all this surprising shit. Since when did the world get so topsy-curvy? Maybe I hit my head when I hallucinated that goddamn vortex.

There was no use thinking about it. I thought back to the sounds of splashing - as if someone was swimming. My eyes shifted and located an archipelago of islands. It was not the wisest thing to seek the potential owner of the contraption that just gave you a nice zap (which I guess I deserved) but at this point I didn't really freaking care. If I was lucky he was a native - a native who had more useful intel than the first.

The air currents surrounding the isles were surprising but were no real threat to one such as I - a creature who spent far too much time soaring through the skies. Light flickered below me as I saw deer.. things by a plains dweller - although there was no plains around this area and he certainly did not look like he came from my homelands. This was both welcoming yet brought even more caution to my movements.

"Magic." Near ethereal silence had been broken as I dared to land across from the stallion. "This land has many toordokters well practiced in their.. art." The term 'art' was used lightly. "Even their objects are enchanted, although that I should have known." My eyes flickered to the two deer-like creatures. "Summoned familiars?" Eyebrows furrowed followed by a short pause. "In my homelands, all of this was nothing but ouvroustories - old wives' tales." To be honest, I still found much of this hard to believe despite the fact that I was staring it down face to face.

At last I let shock and disbelief, perhaps even a touch of awe, flutter in my chest. The underlying fear of the unknown, the suspicion of the possible threat did not shake but I could not help feeling mesmerized by the magic I had just previously witnessed. To think that there was magic even stronger, even more potent, than this (perhaps it was a good thing I did not know this yet).

ooc still trying to get a good grasp of her <3
translate kak means shit. toordokters means witch doctors. ouvroustories means old wives' tales.
tags @Ashamin

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
The Painted Buck

As always, Lochan stirred first. He pulled away from their embrace the moment that the stirring of feathers filtered through the sound of the wind moving through the night, and his soft lowing was enough to alert his two bondmates that they should do the same. By the time the other mare landed—winged, feathered, and with gold on her back—they stood separately and facing her like a united guard.

Lochan lifted his small nose to sniff the faintest scent of burning and sent it through their branching bond so that Ashamin caught the same, despite its subtlety. It was a familiar smell, one he'd noted in multiple battles with his coils on his tail, but he didn't make the connection until the mare spoke.

She spoke of magic and enchanted items; with her freshly singed nose, Ashamin could only assume she spoke of his. He smiled and exhaled softly, offering her his nose to touch in traditional greeting before pulling away to speak. "I see you found my coils on the opposite shore, then," he offered, hoping that giving the object a name might ease her fears about it. "I thought I'd hid it well; you must be a skilled tracker, stranger. I hope it didn't give you too bad of a shock," Ashamin said. It was a compliment, really, and something that intrigued him. Ever since he'd left the Basin he'd found himself in the company of a wide variety of unique creatures that, like him, were not from this land. How had he not realized how much there was in the world while he had been locked up in his cage?

When the pegasus spoke of old wives tales he sympathized immediately. He, too, had been shocked when he'd come to this land and discovered magic—though not as literally. Now, just over a year later, he'd mastered the element of electricity in more ways than one. "You must be new to Helovia, then," he mused, exchanging quick glances with his companions before turning back to catch her gaze. "I am Ashamin the Clovenheart, and these are my companions, Lochan and Rakt. I was once in your position. Should you need guidance, I would be willing to share what I know."

After all, what good was it to have all that knowledge in his head if no one would get to use it? And he'd been like her once, too. Scared of all the new things Helovia had to offer and even more scared to ask about them.

He got the sense that she wasn't quite as timid as he had been, though.

""

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead