the Rift

[PRIVATE] Maybe I'm a different breed

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
 Have you ever noticed how every hurricane gets its name from a girl like this?
You're gonna wish you had a storm warning; you're gonna wish you had a sign.
</style>

Her perfect pale gold body moved north once again. The specter was taking a small break fro the duties of the Edge. She had taken on a lot of responsibility since moving up in the ranks, but she loved every second. Raeden knew she was bred to creep in the shadows and watch where no one could see her. Teal eyes flickered with the like of silver sparks glowing in the rays of sunlight. Cream hooves carried her further and further towards the cold frostbitten world of the Basin. This time the mare was not looking for her sister. It seemed when she was set out to find her it never happened. Tin gazed ahead of the two watching for anything that could be deemed dangerous. Sometimes I feel like I don't even know Ru anymore...  Green eyes flashed to the mare Don't say that... she love you Raeden shook her soft tresses and looked towards the  Basin mountains.   I know that, but I do not know my sister any more... I know her name and what she looks like. I know the old Ru, not the new one.

Saddened eyes looked to the cold ground below her pale body. She could feel the burning warm liquid start to pool in the teal oceans. What happened to them? Raeden knew she changed a lot when she came back home. She use to be selfish and the pale gold mare only cared about herself. All that has changed she was still a flirt, but Rea had more compassion in her once cold heart. There was still a stone wall that could make the mare flick a switch, but she was grown now. When the tears finally came to a stop her hooves came to a halt. They has wondered into The Steppe. It was a cold place filled with frost ; there was not an ounce of warmth here. A frozen sigh left her soft maw and the air lingered around her crown. Her eyes watched the frosted breath dissipate into clear crisp air. Readen could not help but feel like this was how all her relationships ended. Her pale gold figure glistened in the rays of the sun as she tried to push her self forward. Maybe one day she would be close to her sister again... Just maybe...

words words

OOC:: Sorry I suck but Family thread!!!! <3 feel free to post who ever you want to play with in this Brit.

Image Credits

@Ru'in @Hotaru @Romina

Romina Posts: 33
Outcast
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 9 Months
Brit

Don't wander the wilds, Romina, she hears Mama's voice chide, hard like stone and sharp as a freshly edged dagger. A warning Roma rarely heeded, aware of the fact that Alice hounded her wherever she traveled regardless. What dangers could possibly lurk outside the borders that her mother's hellbeast - or her mother herself - could not handle? Romina's faith in her family and their herd, their collective power, would lead her into trouble for seasons to come. Her fatal flaw, her Achilles Heel. Romina was incapable of truly loving others, but it made the love she reserved for her family all the more consuming. There was nothing in the world - or so her childish mind declared - that could possibly bring down the might of her parents together. So she slipped past the vacant Sentinels and down the rocky hidden pathway, out into the snow she despised. Her petite frame did her no justice in the far reaches of the north. Romina was a child of springtime and flowering meadows, the cervidae leanings of her body taking root in her physicality and emotional preferences.

But Romina knew warmer climates awaited her beyond the Steppe. She had escaped to the tall, mountainous hills of the Heavenly Fields when she had met Kid. Surely as Birdsong drew ever longer, the temperate midlands would be all the more inviting this day. Shivering against the cold seeping into her thin, delicate limbs, the banshee pranced through the snow drifts. Her equine brethren were incapable of such agility, but she welcomed the speed it granted her in getting far away from the terrible climate of the north. Abnormality was Romina's normality, and she had not experienced enough criticism to fear anyone watching her.

Though there were no watchers to harass her for her differences, Romina was the one to find the solitary figure in the snow drifts. Or perhaps not solitary, she thought, eyes brightening as a cerndyr came into view. Romina kicked her heels and bounded over towards the pale golden lady in the snow, intent on introducing herself. Not because Romina was inherently kind, but because she had been raised alongside these creatures that looked more like her than her parents. They were her brethren even if she could not share their tongue.

"Hello," she chirps kindly, big orange eyes flicking to the woman alongside the cerndyr. "What is your name?" And then she boldly turns and addresses the deer directly, not one to prescribe to the idea that they have no autonomy. They are her kin, and she will not ask the cerndyr's name from Raeden, even if the answer will have to come from her. "And what is your name? I'm Romina." The odd child said this happily towards Tin, before catching herself and turning her eyes towards Raeden to try and make it seem like she had intended to introduce herself to both of them.

A distant howling, familiar to her but perhaps not to this stranger, cut across the snow. Alice had clearly fetched Mama and Romina inwardly grumbled. So much for her day of warmth and adventure.

romina
Don't waste your heart -
On a wild thing.
Don't waste your heart on me.

@Raeden the two can interact for a bit alone until Hotaru comes in!

</style>

Cream hooves came to a halt when she saw something moving in the distance. The creature was odd looking and her head tilted and turned watching it. Teal eyes sparked with silver flecks as her head tilted. Tin stood still narrowing his green eyes ready to attack the beast if it tried to hurt Rea. His sharpened antlers reached for the heavens above his small skull. The green life was dead and cold due the the landscape of their surroundings. The small creature looked new to this world. It had a young stature and it almost looked like Tin when he was a child. Their coats were almost very similar and their bodies were made the same way. Pale gold glistened in the rays of light shining above them. Raeden lowered her crowned skull to look at the child when she came up to them. She was very very different, and for a moment Raeden wanted to say something. Her voice was at a loss and she could not get a single word out from her mouth. A honey sweet smile trailed across her maw. She not normal Tin looked to Raeden trying not let let it show on his face. Her head shook slightly and agreed with the small companion as she looked to the child.

Her small voice chirped in the air as she stood right in front of them looking at the pair with bright orange eyes. Hello little one. Where is your mother or father? She questioned softly I am Rae from worlds edge. I am one of their Specters. Her voice was sweet and kind towards the odd looking thing in front of her. Raeden did not want to come right out and say anything, if anything she almost felt an odd connection to the little girl. Sweet tones came from the girls mouth asking Tin what his name was. The blood red deer reached out his nose to sniff the girls. Intricate antlers tilted as he slightly squealed with joy. Kind green eyes brightened as he looked to his bonded. Young tones rang out again to finally say her name and Raeden tilted her head as the girl took more interest in Tin. Shaking the cream tresses of her forelock she looked to Tin for his answer. Hello I Tin His voice rang through her ears and Raeden simply answered. He said Hello I Tin. She giggled slightly due to the companions grammar. Ask where she from. Should not be alone . Teal orbs flicked back to the young filly He wanted me to ask you ,where you are from, and you should not be alone. Tin worried about young children. Even if he might be grumpy sometimes. A chuckle rang out as she looked to her companion.

words words

OOC::

Image Credits

@Romina
@Ru'in

Outcast
Brit

Romina was no mind reader, and it was likely for the best that she was not. With the girl’s short temper and fierce individuality, she’d likely explode at anyone who dared to comment upon her unnatural additions. Though she has the height and body of an equine, she is slimmer. Her round face, her pink fleshy nose, two large ears, and of course her tri-toed hooves. Romina is not quite deer, but not quite horse either. And she is proud of that. Normality was boring, and Romina would not be a boring individual if she had any input on the matter.

While she was more than accustomed to weird glances and whispered words, Romina had yet to be subjected to forthright bullying or judgment. Though she was unaware that it was likely because of her mother’s status, it also allowed her a degree of peace as she enjoyed childhood as it was meant to be experienced. In time her differences would be revealed and preyed upon, but today was not that day, for Raeden did not speak the questions on her mind, and Romina did not focus well enough on the maiden to suspect anything untoward from her. The cerndyr was far more interesting, in the fae’s opinion.

Of course, that didn’t mean the woman would let her be. It was a shame Romina couldn’t speak Tin’s language, for surely he wouldn’t ask questions about responsibility and safety. The girl internally rolled her eyes, exasperated. Adults, right? They were all the same, sometimes. But Romina wasn’t one to be outwardly sassy upon first meeting someone, and instead flicked big orange eyes at the pale cream woman ”I don’t know, but Mama must be coming. Didn’t you hear the howl? That’s Alice.” Not that Romina understood that Raeden wouldn’t know who Alice was or what that meant, but she didn’t really see the point in explaining the situation much further. She wanted to talk to the cerndyr!

But Hotaru had pounded manners into her daughter, and so Romina patiently awaited a name and a rank. A familiar rank, actually. ”Is it warmer there? In the Edge? I hate how cold it is up here,” the child stated frankly, a frown creasing her pretty face. Nerves flickered across her features, wondering if it was rude or treasonous to ask such questions. It’s not that she didn’t love her herd and her family, she just hated the cold. Her body wasn’t well equipped for it, not like her twin with his majestic hair and hulking stature. As if cementing her dislike for the weather, the girl shivered, shifting around on her delicate feet to try and chase the chill away. It was supposed to be summer, what was wrong with the north?

Her discomfort was abruptly shattered when Tin finally responded to her, a cervine squeal that had Romina’s big ears shooting up and excitement lighting up her face. She repeated the noise back at him, dancing around in the snow in excitement as she butted her similar nose towards Tin’s, hoping to touch him. Raeden translated Tin’s message for her, and Romina beamed with pride. Before she could ask him any more questions, it appeared Tin had a few for her first. She frowned lightly at the hidden admonishment that reminded her that children were not supposed to be so liberous with their wandering. Romina couldn’t help it, she hated the snow, and there was so much to explore and conquer.

"I’m from the Basin. And I’m not usually alone,” a total lie "Mama usually has Alice come with me. My brother comes sometimes too. Mama would come but she has to be a ruler,” Romina scoffed, rolling her eyes visibly this time. Romina adored her mother, but it didn’t mean she wasn’t bitter about the fact that they couldn’t spend much time together.

romina
Don't waste your heart -
On a wild thing.

Ru'in Posts: 39
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 0 - Birdsong
Odd

If Raeden though that her niece was uncommon looking, she was in for a surprise.

Romina had left without her hulking brother, but the boy didn’t mind. It was after all, one of the many games that they played. Romina would trudge off somewhere and it would be up to Ru’in to find her. He had a knack for tracking, but even so, he was just a boy, and sometimes it took him hours to find his delicate sister, holed up somewhere, waiting to admonish him with lectures. Yet there was never any meanness, and Ru’in welcomed the challenge. He liked being able to ferret his twin out no matter where it was she might try to go. She was after all, the only one he truly cared for. Down the road, perhaps he would look back on these games and wonder if Roma hadn’t always been plotting and scheming. She had taught him to always be able to find her – was it possibly so that she could charge through the world always knowing that someone would be there to find her? To save her? Was he her safety net? Ahh, but Ru’in’s mind was not nearly so calculating as to be able to even conceive of such thoughts.

And even if it could? If he did think such things of his twin?

Well, he wouldn’t mind one bit. He was hers, after all.

The snow was easy, and as Ru’in dutifully followed the tracks, he wondered if perhaps Roma was playing a trick on him. Tracking her in this was nothing compared to when she hid in rocks or would gallop down rivers leaving him almost nothing to go on. This was like a clear runway. Hearing Alice howl in the distance was a dead giveaway too, though he knew that her appearance wasn’t Roma’s fault. Like Roma, he didn’t like the hellhound’s presence, but for him, it was only because he saw himself as her protector. Why should the royal creature even bother? He had her covered.

And given his size and mutations, he wasn’t really in the business of needing protection himself.

Ahead, he saw a pale ocean-gray shape standing near his twin. The cerndyr at her side solidified in his mind the reason why Roma would have stopped to chat. Though the boy didn’t feel like talking, he did feel like being in the presence of his sister, and so despite his solitary nature, he stode forwards to greet the pair.

Even as a boy, Ru’in was already far larger than he should have been. It was clear that he would overtake the heights of both his parents with ease, and likely before he even reached the age of two. The tusks that protruded from the sides of his face were long and sloped, reflecting brightly against the sunlight that dappled all around him. He said nothing as he approached, merely focusing his bi-coloured gaze on his twin for any indication that she might have something to say to him, or need something of him. She was after all, his first and only priority.

All four of Ru’in’s three-toed hooves came to a stop, and he regarded his aunt with a neutral expression of apathetic boredom.

So make your siren's call
And sing all you want
I will not hear what you have to say
Image Credits

</style>

Raeden could not help but chuckle at the small girls response. She seemed so independent for her age, and if she only knew what the wold was going to be like. It was not a nice place that was filled with sprinkles and unicorns... Okay well maybe Helovia was filled with unicorns. That was not the point, the girl was going to have a difficult time fitting into this place. Her genes were clearly mutated and she looked more like Tin than a normal filly. Golden ears perked up to her the girl mention the name Alice... No that could not be her sisters Alice, surly there were other Alice's right? The mare chuckled slightly at the thought Well she just worries about you. It is what mothers do. She watched Tin for a moment then the child asked questions about the Edge. I have always loved Edge. Tin loves it as well, there is a lot of trees and brush to shade you from the sun. It is very warm and almost tropical feeling with the heavy mist that blankets the land at night. Maybe one day your mom will let you visit it. The excited child jumped with joy as Tin responded to her. She almost chirped a low grunt back and her nose reached towards him. Tin Bumped his nose on the child's and flicked his tail with excitement. He let the small child touch him, something he is not fond of strangers doing. Well I am glad you have a brother to share your time with. Cherish it as much as you can. I remember being young and adventuring with my sister. That is why it suck to grow up, you have a job and duty to uphold. Her honey covered maw dripped with words as her attention flicked to another strange creature.

He was not a normal colt. Tusks grew from his maw and his hooves had three toes like Tin. He was very, very large compared to the young girl and creature almost seemed other worldly. Teal eyes looked down to Tin as he halted beside the filly. Raeden waited for a moment before she spoke, the silence crept through the frozen air. Hello I am Rae from worlds edge. Are you her brother? She asked kindly not letting his looks bother her. Raeden Ignored her burning thoughts as she waited to see what Tin would do. The deer turned his attention to the colt and turned his heavy antlered skull. He reached his small nose out to touch the boy in a greeting of hello. Don't look so excited to be here. Raeden let her gaze fall upon the boy then she looked to Romina. The Basin had to have pissed the God of Spark off, because there was some type of mutated genes going on in this pool.

words words

OOC::

Image Credits

@Romina @Ru'in

Outcast
Brit

Whatever exasperation bubbling in her like lava remains only glows hotter as the stranger comments on her mother's habits and feelings. She scoffed softly, ears bowing back towards the short, fluffy hair on her nape. Even in an expression of annoyance it is an elegant motion, with the soft curves of her long ears. "Energy could be better spent doing anything other than worrying," she grumbled, feeling heat prickle across her temples as if warning her that her magic would soon burst into life once more if she did not reign in her legendary temper. She did not want her mother to worry after her, Alice's presence was already stifling to the young babe. There was a reason she had conditioned her brother to always be able to find her, to come to her beck and call if danger was ever near. There was a reason why she tried to endear those around her, those separated from her bloodline. Because she was not so young as to think the world was safe, even if that only formulated in her mind as various predatory, primordial animals in the wilds.

To quell the flame of her irritation the doe instead focused on the pale cloud woman's tale of her land, describing a far more temperate, eerily beautiful atmosphere. Excitement thrummed in Romina's heart, racing alongside each pulse and beat as she envisioned exploring this land. Learning of its culture, its kings and queens, its foliage and prey. She and Ru'in could finally be free of the icy clutches of the North, the chill that they both so dearly detested. It would require little effort for her to convince him to flee with her, though the pesky nature of their blood family would take some navigation. So long as Ru'in could craft (and Romina would ensure her brother received every desire of his golden, simple heart) and they were together, nothing else mattered to the Banshee.

"Maybe someday your mother will let you visit it."

Romina grit her teeth violently, careful to keep her face blank. She did not do well with authority, even implied authority. The Basin was family, even if they were not blood. And she answered to no one other than her mother, as of yet. Mother does not have the power to tell me whether or not I am allowed to visit, she hissed in her head, wanting to venomously spit the words aloud in response instead. She loved her Mama, deeply. Idolized her. But if Romina wanted to explore, she would not be impeded. "I'll say I know you if I go, is that okay?" Because that seemed like the polite thing to do, and Raeden could be her shoe in the door. Association, after all, was a powerful thing.

Nobody had to tell Romina to cherish her brother, though she supposed the sentiment was driven from the mare's lips by nostalgia of some sort. But it also seemed to herald the arrival of her brother, his silent arrival noticed immediately by the petite doe. Her eyes lit up with bright orange flames, a loving smile creasing her beautiful face as Ru'in came to stand at her side. "Ru," she crooned, immediately sidling up to him and pressing their skin together, reaching her dainty muzzle in a demand for affection. Raeden's comment had distorted her emotions, and she needed Ru'in to center her once more, lest her antlers remained coated in iridescent flame for the entirety of the day. Plus he was warm, and she was always quite happy to leech it away from him.

But Raeden's words drew Romina's attention back, and the girl swelled like an enraged cat as she leaped to her brother's defense. "He doesn't like to talk to strangers," she hissed, a sibilant sound that Romina barely restrained from making her anger apparent. Her tail lashed unhappily at her hocks, not sure what to make of the woman with how she both liked and disliked her. Turning her delicate face up to Ru'in's closest ear she whispered to him in a soft voice, words meant only for him. "You're perfect as you are, Ru. Good job finding me," she crooned, brushing her lips against his neck briefly. While the Banshee had not left with the intent of having him track her down, she would praise him nonetheless.

Alice is not far behind Ru'in, her violet smoke pouring off her, hell black eyes and the mark of Lucifer on her shoulder the only other distinctions keeping her visible on the backdrop of snow. Romina loves it, loves how she seems like a ghost with nothing but poisonous violet smoke rolling off her. Alice trots up towards the twins, keeping her distance enough to be respectful - she is aware they do not necessarily like how Hotaru makes her trail them. But Romina notices how Alice stares at Raeden, almost surprised if the hell-bitch were capable of such an expression. Instead she just looks between the hound and her unknown aunt, waiting for a response.

romina
Don't waste your heart -
On a wild thing.

Ru'in Posts: 39
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 0 - Birdsong
Odd

Are you her brother?

I am anything she needs me to be. Wants me to be. He might have said, if he were in the business of speaking his thoughts out loud to anyone other than Romina. Instead, he ignored this question, assuming the answer would become even more obvious than it already was.

Docilely the boy stood as the cerndyr approached, muzzle extended. Ru'in's nostrils flared, but not out of anger. Instead, he merely let the small creature sniff and snort around him, doing as it pleased. Companions - and any sort of animals, really - didn't bother him. It was those that they were bonded to, who usually did.

As Ro pressed herself against him, the boy's countenance changed entirely. His ears flickered forward and his mammoth-skull twisted towards her, breathing in her scent and sliding his smooth tusks over the curve of her neck. He would allow her whatever access to his body she needed, and for whatever purpose, though it was clear that heat was what she was seeking now. The boy would have happily shaved his shaggy coat and given it to her to wear, should that have suited her needs. But as it was, having her close was always his preference.

Don't look so excited to be here. As Ro jumped away, Ru'in's flat bi-coloured stare returned to his aunt. The mutated colt merely looked at her with a mixture of disapproval and annoyance. Sarcasm had never been his strong suit, but even if he had known that was likely what his aunt was trying to convey, his expression likely wouldn't have changed much. Only Ro's whispered words softened the look on his chiseled features. He leaned backwards on his haunches slightly into a more comfortably position, and merely waited.

The longer he remained still, the more quickly his magic flowed over his body. The hard edges of his mutated form became even more rigid as the boy began to appear as though he had been carved out of stone. Only his eyes, one pale, and one rusted gold, remained full organic.

So make your siren's call
And sing all you want
I will not hear what you have to say
Image Credits