the Rift

[PRIVATE] It's A Jungle Out There

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel
Brisa & Hikari

The night had started off as one of those nights where you just want to be alone to hash out your problems and figure out where on the planet you stand. That until the grey happened to meet another by the name of Banj who managed to somehow convince her that camping would be a much better idea. Some part of this just didn't seem right to the mare but she was for some reason going along with it anyway with Hikari happily by her side. Hell last time she had spent a night alone with anyone had been when she had concieved Aeolus and Levex, which was quite awhile ago now. If they skipped that part of the night that would be quite alright with her, she was no where ready to become pregnant again. No this was just two friends getting to know each other, nothing more.

Pushing the dangerous thoughts from her mind she let the conversation swallow her up as she nodded in the direction that they were to be heading. Tossing her mane to try and make it look somewhat less tangled and presentable she scooped up Hikari and placed her on her back so they could travel at a more normal speed and not have to worry about her keeping up. "Do I even want to know what kind of creatures those are?" She asked with laugh shooting a skeptical look over to Banj as she began walking. Bunyips and drop-bears were not exactly things they had around these parts unless that was some type of slang terms used for them. "Its mostly wolves, and bears around these parts but you can never be too careful."

It took little time for the pair of them to arrive in the Secret Grove and thankfully the did not meet any of the previously discussed critters along the way. Slipping beneath the shelter of one of the tall willows the pale mare finally stopped to have a look around. Water could be heard trickling through the creek along with the songs of the crickets in the long grasses. Although darkness finally having set in the moon illuminated the landscape the best it could from above while fireflys danced around closer down to earth.

"So you want to know more about the Falls do you?" She mused a loud remembering the question from before they had left. "Well its a beautiful place with the rolling hillsides and the series of waterfalls that accent the highest peaks. It's really something you have to see to believe. There are a good few of us that chose to call it home, oh and its very peaceful with plenty of fresh food and water." Cutting herself off before she continued to rant on about her home she shut her mouth to allow Banj the opportunity to get a word in should he want to. "What was your home like? If you don't mind me asking?"

"Brisa Speaks"

@Banjo
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Banjo Posts: 37
Absent Abyss atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.0
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 4 HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Riven

Without a doubt Banjo had been expecting some super-long journey which would have seen the first sliver of dawn’s light teasing their arrival; his explanation of drop-bears and bunyips alike, reflected that expectation and by the time they set hoof and nail upon the more fertile, sheltered soils of the grove, he had barely even grazed the surface.

It had started like this…

“Some will try to convince you that they aren’t real, but they're about as dinky-di as the skin on my  ba…on my back, yep. By the light of a white crescent moon, swaggies sit around campfires spinnin’ yarns about an old outback legend, the drop bear! Savage and cunning, those nasty ol cousins of the much smaller - and cuter, koala are the curse of any silly buggers who take a stroll through the bush…”

And then they arrived, and that was that.

It wasn’t a particularly interesting tale anyway - he had better.

“Safe n sound, eh?” he teased as they slid beneath the soft, sombre caress of a massive tree. Brisa stopped there, and through the dim, moon-lit grove (leafy limbs above and vine tangled everywhere else) Banjo could make out the shift of her pale face as she surveyed the area around them. Ignoring the creepy haze of glowing bugs, he went to work promptly, clearing a mare-sized patch of forest floor for her to seat that rump against - twigs, stones and leaves - well not those, he gathered them back again quickly for  some padding. “OW!”and a spiny thistle which seemed keener for his blood that an empty mozzie.

Somewhere nearby, water babbled softly and the buck could smell it, the moisture, all thick in the air; humidity thick enough to slice with a claw. It was a romantic setting to say the least, but such a feeling could not have been further from his mind right at that time.

Brisa described home, and perhaps with just a smudge of some bias Banjo thought as he listened quietly, comparing it to the long, flat, dusty nothingness of the outback, and the scraggly bush with sun-loving, camel-like trees; they could go on for years without even a drop of that liquid gold. All of that back home was more to the part-roo’s liking - but each to their own. “Sounds beaut…” he commented brightly as her soft, feminine voice cut off, before adding, “I’d probly eat myself a few extra tyres round this tum given ‘alf a chance, haha!” There was no trace of the same effect on the svelte missus however. Admirable.

“The bush ay? Well! Its pretty much the exact opposite to all that. My ‘ex’ home’s bout as dry as a dead dingo’s donga. It rains every every once in a blue moon, but all the folks have learned to deal with it or wander. Good grub is about as rare as wings on a wombat, so we eat other kinds of bush-tucker like berries and bugs - dam what I’d give to gnaw a grasshopper leg right now.” He laughed softly with eyes closed, as he visualised days long ago when Tilda and he had foraged about for witchery grubs and millipedes. Ah, the good times had. “Tisn’t all like that though, that was the old guy’s pad. Mum was from the bush ‘bout two dozen days walk, next door. Her joint was still bout that dry, but shaded here and there by old eucs and covered in smaller, spiky scrub. It was a bit more comfy, but without the luxury I reckon you’ve got goin.”

Like his friend, Banjo didn’t want to bore her with the ins out outs of life back home, there were more important fish to fry. “Now, these tricks ya mentioned before - spill the beans lady!” He was intrigued, unquestionably.

Dress | cork hat on head, bandana around top of neck
@Brisa
Plots | The Unbound | Absences
I run just like this!
Please tag me in openers and spars.
Feel free to flog n magic me, mild power play is also fine.
Text in the profile and posts reflects stereotypical ocker slang - don’t knock it mate!

Brisa & Hikari

Listening to Banj going on about the strange critters she had to chuckle to herself barely understanding what he was talking about in the first place. She knew what a koala was so at least it was a start, but she couldn't imagine a savage type koala that was double the size. There were many things that she hoped to never encounter and both these critters could easily make that list. Granted there were too many things on the list but she was slowly working on taking off a fair number of items as time passed along and her confidence grew.

"Neither sound like things you ever want to run into." She commented turning to face Banj once she was sure that there was nothing lurking out in the bushes around them. One could never be to careful especially when you were used to being alone. All she needed was to be attacked by something and killed or maimed beyond recognition, her looks were about the only thing she had going for her most days after all. None of it really mattered in the long run anyways for the only one her heart loved had abandoned her in favor of becoming what he claimed was a better version of himself. Sighing softly as her mind was temporarily reminded of her inner turmoil she tried to cover it up the best she could by forcing a smile to her lips.

Listening intently as Banj described for her his homeland she couldn't help but feel a little homesick for her own home. Everything about what the stallion was describing sounded fascinating but it was not what she would consider as a home she could be happy in. Eating grubs and grasshoppers was definitely not something she ever wanted to try either although she doubted Hikari would think twice about trying one or two. Berries sounded a lot more appetizing out of the choices but she could not see herself managing to get by on just a handful or two of the luscious treats. "I wouldn't call it luxury but it is definitely nice." She admitted with a slight shrug of her shoulders. To be considered luxury she would have much preferred to have her besties there with her but since that was not the case it was just a nice place to live.

As the subject changed she couldn't help but shake her head with a laugh, go figure that a character such as Banj wouldn't easily forget that she had mentioned something much more mysterious. It had been awhile since she had used her magic but she guessed that it couldn't hurt, well as long as she didn't burn down the grove that is. "Well here in Helovia there are many of us that are gifted with types of magic." She started to explain before taking a couple steps back from both Banj and Hikari. Focusing on the ember burning deep within she reached out and took hold of it feeling the fire rapidly spread through her veins. It took little time for blue flames to completely engulf her body before settling to burn in a shimmer around her. Looking up to Banj she wondered what his reaction would be in response to the flames now burning around her.

"Brisa Speaks"
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --

Riven
Magic…

The mealy buck was in two minds as a skeptical eye strained through darkness to search for any laughter tweaking Brisa’s gentle expression - he was glad that the curtain of sleek silver seemed less intent on masking her  pale, pretty face from view. Evidence of the supernatural in the bush was about as unheard of as a bilby with wings - though marvellously entertaining the latter would have been on any account! The only magic to have crossed his path previously was the breaking drought, when floods of rain plunged for days on end after years and years of scorching aridity, to lure out of long hibernation, an endless rainbow of life; it was magic alright, and he remembered fondly the only such event in his time.

“Magic ay,” he mumbled as the softness of her feminine voice fell silent to the muffled crunch of the footfalls below. With roused curiosity, Banjo’s gaze traced those steps, all the while lowering kindly lips towards the pup; if Hikari would allow it (in absence of her mate), the chestnut might have reassured her with his calm and friendly presence. Perhaps it was he who needed the peace of mind…

“BLIMEY CHARLIE!”

Flames far bluer, hotter than ever he’d seen before, engulfed his friend so suddenly that he leapt back... then forward... then back again in a fit of utter panic. “She musta farted a beauty!” he cried at the kitsune as his mind spun in wild disarray (there was only worry in his tone). There were so many little burning mozzies buzzing about them, and that was the only logical explanation he could pin. “We should've stayed at the beach!” Of course Banjo’s futile nattering would see her burnt to smithereens in no time flat - so he began to blow at her, and at first it seemed to work.

The fire dulled, but didn’t douse; it sizzled freakishly across the surface of her… Brisa’s skin wasn't melting like he might have expected. In fact, there was no trace of her demise - no agonised shriek, no suffocated choke and splutter, not even a hint of singed flesh on the air! The buck’s stunned eyes were aglow as they crawled at last towards her head, that which ordinarily should have been toast. She was complete, standing there, staring at him, like this was all just normal…

“Stone the flaming crows! How're ya even just standin there?”

I run just like this!
Text in the profile and posts reflects stereotypical ocker slang - don’t knock it mate!

Brisa & Hikari

It was a soothing to feel the warmth spread over her body and cocoon her entirety in a fiery shell of protection. There had been a time when she had first acquired this magic that she had feared it, but no longer. It was as much a part of her as her heart was beating in her chest, she couldn't ever get rid of it for it was in a sense a living being within her soul. It had taken a long time for her to share this gift with either of her boys when they were younger for fear of scaring them or accidentally setting something a blaze and causing something much worse to happen. It turns out that Aeolus was actually as fascinated by it as she was, if not a little jealous considering he could only shot random bolts of fiery electricity. It had been a huge step out of her comfort zone and tonight was no different, she had only ever shared her gift with a few select individuals that she felt would not judge her for her strange gift.

Hearing Banj start up a fuss she couldn't help the laughter that burst from her mouth at the absolutely hilarious commentary and the reactions of the hybrid. Never had anyone actually reacted in this manner for seeing something such as this but then again the buck certainly wasn't from around here. She guessed that magic was not something the stallion was accustomed to seeing on a daily basis, ok well maybe not daily. "Banj, I'm fine really." She said through her own childish giggling trying to say anything to help him understand she was not going to melt into a pile of burnt skin and bone. It had definitely been a thought when she was first discovering her magic but thankfully none of that had happened to date.

Hikari took a jump backwards at the buck's frantic footsteps with wide eyes and a look of confusion on her face as flames burst out upon her tails. If she had not known that Hikari had fire magic already she too would be freaking out thinking that she had set her poor companion on fire. Looking back up to Banj she felt his breath upon her skin as he...tried to blow her out. Well that's certainly a new reaction she mused her giggling once again taking over." Its alright Hikari he is just new to all this." She stated silently to reassure her. "As I said its magic. It doesn't hurt me but will burn anyone else should I let it. Hikari also shares similar magic." She explained nodding down to Hikari who's tails were slowly burning out and returning to normal without a single hair being singed or burnt.

"Brisa Speaks"
Silent Speech

Riven

Amid pops of girlish laugher, bright and intoxicating as it rose above his ridiculously ineffective noise, Banjo’s own sense of humour began to return from the grip of maniacal desperation - she was alright, even despite her still smouldering predicament. The situation was a surreal one and Banjo couldn’t pick even one other time in his whole four years of life that he’d ever seen something so out there; so bloody unbelievable that it had robbed him of common sense. It didn’t escape his notice either that the many-tailed fox had ignited, though he was too naive to recognise it was a power of her own.

As the little canine’s bright golden fire began to dim, the sun-kissed buck began to realise just what exactly this all meant. Mind-boggling as it was to behold someone alight, burning, and all safe and sound, greater was the intrigue to follow. Adrenaline coursed with wild anticipation through the network of veins within, feeding a new enthusiasm that didn’t fall short of stupidity - “It won’t hurt you…” he repeated quizzically, trying to comprehend everything, “But if I touch it…” Foolishly his buff muzzle danced forward to prove her words wrong or right, and unfortunately the latter held true.

Long blonde whiskers swiftly shrivelled into naught but putrid stink, and so too did the fine hairs across his overzealous skin singe.

“YOWCH!”

Banjo recoiled instantly, falling pitifully back upon coiled haunches so that he might stroke the soreness away with clawed fingers and ponder his mistake. At the same time his eyes were studying her - the magic licking around her, with a growing sense of respect. “Crikey, that’s a trick alright. And not the rabbit out'v a hat sort, I tell ya.” Beneath the shock, pain, and disbelief (that doubt which was quickly drawing to an end), flickered his amusement and even though the shadows loomed deeply beneath the hat’s verandah, his face was lit enough to betray it. He laughed softly at himself in turn. Surely he could think of nothing more spectacular to fill the remainder of their night out than that.  

“There are others who can just... set themselves on fire?” he asked ignorantly, imagining both Lyanna and Ashamin who he’d met previously, similarly engulfed at any split second. What a secret to have, and he’d been none the wiser! Another chortle slipped passed his again grinning lips. Naturally the next question to fill the air around them was, “…and how to I get some!?” Imagine the mischief!

@Brisa
(I hope you don't mind him going ahead and touching, I can change it to suit!)
I run just like this!