the Rift

[OPEN] Splash me with Stars

Vu Posts: 28
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3 :: 3 (Orangemoon)
Istina

Night shines like lightning

Coal legs stand unsteadily in the heart of the Falls, the lush grasses teasing my ankles as I walk closer to the moonlit shimmering pool. Several times I have watched the sun rise and fall before I found this serene place inside the herdland. I stop my thoughts and force a mental to say the word, home. Inside your home, Vu. I coach myself, the past few days have been lonely and not as I dared to imagine leaving it difficult for me to call this place home. After Ciceron granted my request on his Frostfall offer he disappeared and I have not seen any sign of him. The lost girl in my head shakes the bars of her cage, her expression remorseful though I do not blame her for this mistake. Her large, youthful eyes beg me to reconsider what plagues my thoughts…to simply walk away resuming my nomadic life.

Cerulean eyes darken in time with the clouds swaying over the moon.

I turn away from the lost girl and physically my form mirrors the action, turning away from the water to stare back at the tree line and the path I now know will take me to the border and to a life of loneliness. As I gaze into the shadows something inside shifts and cracks; a sparkling tear wells in the corner of each eye.

Blackened ears flit to pin to an equally dark skull.

Charcoal foreleg lifts up and pounds firmly back to the ground once and I whip my broken gaze around to rest on the water once more. During my wanderings of this place I saw others roaming about sometimes alone and sometimes with others whether they be equine or different like the tigress Ciceron keeps company with. Legs shift my weight and I move to enter the pond, the sensation of gently swirling liquid grounding my brain and offering perspective. The ripples move out, expanding their network and I know there is no one to blame but myself for not attempting to speak with a member of my new “family.” The word grinds it way through a locked jaw, “Family” Moving deeper the water laps against upper sides and softly I whisper to the midnight air, “Rift is gone from me again.” Upturned gaze finds the stars and a constricting heart eases a fraction. “And even here, I am still alone.” I sigh as slim legs come to a stop at the last point where I can comfortably stand, still gazing at the heavens.

Splash me with stars

"speech"

OOC: Eh not my best, but openers suck. Open to anyone.   

-All magic and force are permitted barring serious injury and/or death-
-Powerplay outside of fighting is permitted-
-Please tag in all replies-

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel
She fell, she hurt, she lived.
And through all the pain of her experiences,
she still had hope.

Returning home at long last felt good for the pale mare after a period of time away to collect her feelings. Things had changed so rapidly that she feared that it would all be too much for her to withstand now that she had no one she could turn to. Perhaps one of her next journeys should be to visit her dear friend Alysanne, oh how she missed the days when there was no limits to how much she could see her friend. With them living in separate herds now it made things much more complicated but somehow they would manage to make things work for she was never going to give up on their almost sisterly bond. Sighing softly she turned to make sure the Hikari was still with her before moving deeper into her kingdom to see what all had changed since she had agreed to take over from Kaj.

The whole subject on Kaj was still a mess in her mind and she wasn't sure that her feelings would ever change towards him. She knew deep down that he loved her but being the stubborn arse he had become he just refused to remember what the two of them shared. She missed the days they had spent together and yearned for more just like that but until he either got his memories returned or wizened up all on his own she wasn't she that it would ever happen. Forbidding the tears to fall she pressed on in silence with her sleek frame passing through the grasses with little rustling until you heard Hikari bouncing along behind her like a jack rabbit trying to follow in her footsteps. Laughing softly to herself she paused just long enough to lift the poor pup onto her back so she could just enjoy the view instead of getting lost in the grasses.

Breaking through the brush at long last her frame stills as the scent of another hits her nostrils and movement in the water puts her to high alert. Taking a hesitant step back her ice blue eyes scan the scene before her finding little in the darkness until the moonlight shines down to illuminate the figure of the black mare wading in the shallows. Releasing the breath she had sucked in she managed to relax a little stepping fully out of the grasses this time to greet the newcomer. "Hello there, who might you be?" She asked curiously trying her best not to appear intimidating.

"Talk."
notes;
tag; @Vu
image credits
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

So Brisa is to be his second ruler, now. Knox considers this a blessing.

She is exactly what he wants. She is quiet and kind. She does not ask him questions, and she is here, and for the herd. As unexpected as it may be, Knox does value family to some extent. To have a ruler like her beside his brother is both his preference and a boon to the Hidden Falls. Under her he expects to continue as he always has, but perhaps with a bit more sway. And this, he thinks, could be interesting.

He wanders the world now in Cem's heavy body, because that is the figure that Brisa knows. Knox wants her to see him as intimidation—as an ancient figure dressed in the trappings of wizened annihilation. In this old, massive white pillar of a form, he is all of these things.

Knox's body does not sway, because Cem is not one to toss his hips. He walks in a straight line, cutting through the territory like a controlled burn. When he sees her, his Czarina, he nods with a quiet respect and exhales her name.

"Brisa. A pleasure to see you again, particularly under the auspicious circumstances of your promotion," Cem growls out, not managing to sound quite friendly even now. "You will serve the herd well," he adds, more polite or talkative than usual.

It's then that he notices another, dark young mare. He steps closer to the water and her figure, lowering his head to inhale her scent. "And who might you be, other than new to these falls?"

""

K N O X

@Vu sorry for my delay

Vu Posts: 28
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3 :: 3 (Orangemoon)
Istina

I cannot find my reflection

My vision abandons the speckled sky in favor of its reflection. What a mess you have made. Cerulean eyes hardened at themselves, unblinking and rippled in the liquid mirror. I stare harshly, consistently my worst judge, and find myself lacking even in the favoring light of a silver moon. Fatigue lines trace a path under and up the sides of my eyes and I know if it were possible for my black skin to show it, I would be sporting twin shadows there. The skin there is tight with unease and too few hours of rest…the life of a nomad catching up to me? Subtly my head shakes once rejecting that idea; I know the truth. The aching mass of muscle and blood in my chest twinges agreement..how much longer must I be alone? Hours spent scouring the earth to find the sole family member who cares for me and yet, upon our reunion, he has vanished into the skies once more.

A fractured hearts beats out an irregular rhythm.

I wince at the painful thoughts swirling in my brain and slide charcoal lids closed against them. My mother’s voice whispers to me then, raspy and cold, Come now, child..I made you stronger than this! Even now, years later I can hear her harsh speeches and scolding tones. A light breeze blows from behind bringing along the scent of a mare and immediately a carefully sculpted mask drops back into place. Yes, yes, hide from the world my little coward.Her voice haunts me a second time but I suppress the shudder threatening to crawl down my spine as I turn to face the shore and the pale stranger standing there.

Midnight limbs shift further inland but remain in the now swirling pool.

Her words reach curious ears and though I move to respond another approaches and I pause for him to speak his fill. Brisa. I commit the name of the mare to memory while allowing the massive stallion to move closer..his size is mildly intimidating but my constant travels leave me well versed in the appearance of others. The manners instilled into my very soul since birth stretch out and my chin dips a fraction for a moment (I am quite sure this Brisa is somehow important). “Good evening to you both.” Voice is soft and kind but ever neutral. Azure gaze encompasses them both. “My name is Vu and yes,” I center my focus on the male. “I am new, Ciceron extended an offer to reside here.” Knowing the mare is important in some aspect or another and most likely as a leader, my gaze returns to meet hers and I finish quietly. “I can leave, however, if you so desire.” At this point limbs carry me out of the water to form the tip of our impromptu triangle and I silently wait; patience one of the virtues I am most practiced at.

Help me, I want to see myself again

"speech"

OOC:

@Brisa

-All magic and force are permitted barring serious injury and/or death-
-Powerplay outside of fighting is permitted-
-Please tag in all replies-

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel
She fell, she hurt, she lived.
And through all the pain of her experiences,
she still had hope.

Taking the time for her blue eyes to slip over the delicate figure of the newcomer before her, her expression softens. Nothing about this girl seems to pose a threat, all is good and well tonight in the Falls. Footsteps once again catch her attention as she turns her head to find a familiar towering stallion headed in their direction. She had only met this stranger once but she remembered it well, a dagger was what he had wanted and that was exactly what she had made for him well a handle to be more specific. From her recollection things had turned out well but the one thing that remained that night when they had parted ways was the lack of a name. As mysterious as ever the stallion still presents himself just as he had before without his own title. His words turn a smile to her face as she formally greets him with a pleasurable nod but she couldn't help but wonder how he had found out about her promotion when it had only been a week or so since it had happened. Had Archibald spoke to the stranger? How many others knew of this information?

"I appreciate your vote of confidence, thank you." She replies graciously before turning to meet the mare's words head on. Vu, a rather simple name she muses silently tucking it away for future reference. Hearing one of the herds warriors names mentioned she nodded in appreciation. If Archibald trusted these select few to intake members from the threshold and surrounding lands she would as well for they did need the influx of new faces into their family. "No, please stay." She instructs gently, reaching her nose out to the dark mare in greeting.

"You are more than welcome to stay here in the Falls just as Ciceron said. Welcome." Hikari yipped softly as if to agree with her making her laugh at the humor in it. "As it has been told, I am Brisa Czarina of the Hidden Falls and this here is my companion Hikari." Looking between the pair she smiled hoping that somewhere along the way she might actually learn the stallion's name so she could stop referring to him as the mysterious one.

"Brisa Speaks.""Hikari Speaks."
notes;
tag; @Vu , @Knox  
image credits
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo