the Rift

Chocolate Rain [Aurora Basin/Open]

Jacob Posts: 2
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13.1hh :: 8 Years

Drip drop drip…

The sound of rain felt like it could be heard for miles. To think there was a time where the rain sounded so peaceful. To watch the raindrops hit the surface and allow the living to be refresh. So how come now it was like it was weeping? Why was it so painful to listen to? How come it was no longer inviting and instead a burden to be around? It no longer matter. Nothing matter as long as one realizes time is such a limited resource. Each step, each day meant that the world was spinning and could very well roll a faith you never wish to see.

Green eyes full of determination, a weary traveler push past the barriers that made up Helovia. His back felt like it was aching, his legs scream to break off, and the rain threatened his very existence, but it didn’t matter. As long as he had that one single thought he would push on. This was his fault after all. The scenery meant very little to the chocolate and white pony. He had seen the trees, the water, the sands, and everything that made up this world. As beautiful as it may be it could not settle the quest he would forever be on.

“Why couldn’t things stay normal?” The unicorn would groan. As he looked towards the path ahead of him he knew why. His entire life was not normal. In fact was he even a real unicorn at times? All horses had to fear the threat of predators, but for him it wasn’t just predators he had to worry about, but his own kind. He was walking edible delight. He was the embodiment of chocolate just as his twin brother, Johnny was of sugar. He knew how crazy that sounded, but if you want proof you could either find the twins or ask the witch that cursed their mother so long ago.

Narrowing his eyes for a moment he paused. He recalled the moments he had with the sugar and peppermint unicorn. The pony was naïve and carefree. All he cared about was having fun and looking at the world in such an innocent nature. Sure Jacob or Jake as Johnny prefers to call him could be annoyed with him, but at the same time they were close. There were times where he could help Johnny view something differently and Johnny did the same for him. He never pictured himself as much of the outgoing type, but it seems like his brother could be contagious at times. It didn’t matter that Jacob did not have many friends for his brother was all he needed.

Now he was gone after he promised him that he would protect him. The thing is he would never know what cause his disappearance and that was the frustrating part. There were many theories about what could have happen, but the one nagging thought was what if something attacked him? As much as he wanted to say he would be aware of that if he was then it wouldn’t make sense for him not to notice his brother’s needs. He usually kept a watchful eye out allowing his brother not to have worry as much. He didn’t even want to think about the possibilities of him being killed, but of course that thought still linger in the back of his mind. After all not even he could reject reality forever, but that didn’t mean he had to accept some of the things it threw at him. Despite these thoughts until he knew for certain as far as he was concern there was always that chance.

Letting out a sigh he pushed through. Johnny could be an idiot, but he was sure the unicorn was smart enough to run away from a predator or a horse trying to eat him if he encounter one. That what started their journey together in the first place when someone was caught gnawing on his leg. All he cared about now was fixing his sins and reuniting with his brother. Once that happen he wasn’t letting him out of his sights again.

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
I’ve become a simple souvenir of someone’s kill
Her children had been too much of a handful. And just like before when she had Rein, she often found herself missing the solitude of adventures and the mere encounters in the Threshold. So the Thief had left the mirror twins in the capable hands of Johnny and his own daughter in the attempts at an escape. It was successful, however, making a break for it in the Basin’s borders before the colt and filly even opened an eye. It was relieving, but she knew the anger that would reside in Kianzo upon her arrival. For now, she would enjoy it while she could. She would pay the consequences at a later date.

It had been raining, and Rexanna was soaked to the bone. Marembo, her polecat companion sat comfortably along her back equally as wet. He was absolutely miserable, but happy to at least seep some of the warmth from the Thief’s back as they went. Rexanna wasn’t that much happier at the idea either, she hated being covered in rain. She hated the mud that would stick itself to her ashen dipped legs. She hated the way the rain made her creamy pelt a strange mix of opalescent hues. And she especially hated how it turned her bright gold rump to a darkened tan. The only thing that ever stayed the same when she was like this were the exotic lines that adorned her face, as well as the golden chains that covered her body. They dripped with the gathering of rainwater, but they never lost their sheen. For that, she was at least a little bit happy.

But as she made her way through the Threshold, her and Marembo both using their senses to see if there was anyone nearby, she was able to smell the faint hint at a smell she hadn’t encountered before. And so she did what every creature would have done. Investigate. Upon approaching, following the smell closely, she stepped out of the clearing and set her oceanic gaze upon the creature at the source. While she usually ended up encountering giant beasts, this one was rather small. She found her eyesight drifting lower to seek out the emerald eyes of the newcomer.

Hello. Welcome to Helovia.” Her voice was gentle and she placed a wide smile on her cream lips. “I’m Rexanna from the Aurora Basin.” Dipping her head in greeting, she stepped a bit closer. Her polecat companion sitting up on her withers to gaze at the stallion before her. “Who might you be?

"Talk."
And like the sea—
I’m constantly changing from calm to ill.
Rexanna
image | coding

@Jacob :D I'm so excited!
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Jacob Posts: 2
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13.1hh :: 8 Years

Jacob continued to trek through the mud. He grimaced as he could feel his hooves sinking into it. Sometimes he would have to pull harder just to get them out. He started to grumble “Why can’t the ground just be hard and flat for once? I feel like I am going to snap my leg here.” Although there was something about the mud here and that was the texture. It felt different somehow, but he couldn’t put his hooves on it. Of course the mud felt cold and wet. There was also the dirt and other material formed within it, but some of it felt like it was digging into him. As much as he tried to think about it he dismissed the thought. Mud has always clung to him and dig into his pelt. He was just sick and tired of this rain.

The rain started pouring at a faster tempo and now the entire area sounded like a rain dance. The already soak pony could feel his body become more and more soak and that cause concern to lit up in his eyes. He wanted to find his brother, but he needed to get out of this rain. He was worried that his chocolate body would melt meaning he would melt with it. Granted it never really did, but Jacob was always positive that he pushed his luck and one of these days it would happen. He hoped wherever Johnny was he would listen and get himself to safety. Before the unicorn could groan and complain farther something smell off about this rain.

He soon realized that there was something nearby and for a second he was hoping it was Johnny. This scent on the other hand smelled nothing like him. The pony always smelled like sugar and peppermint no matter the time, day, or what condition he was in. He let out a sigh and mumbled “What now?” He turned his weary gaze towards the direction of the scent and soon it revealed itself. Before him he was staring at a mare. A rather cute one he had to admit and one that had a strange creature on her back. It was small enough and it looked like it was interested in him, but in what way he wouldn’t know. He briefly look at the polecat before returning his gaze back at the mare.

As she stepped closer to him the horse instinctively took a small step back. He wasn’t sure what she had in mind, but some mares have taken a bit too much of a liking to his body and he wasn’t about to let this one take a bite out of him no matter how cute she may be. Of course it seemed like any horse or pony that had a liking or curious taste for chocolate would be willing to. Helovia? So this is what they call this place and it was the first time he ever heard of it. Was this a region of some sort? Well it seems like this Helovian was kind enough to greet him, but then again other horses and ponies have too. Then she spoke about this Aurora Basin. That must be her homeland. From the sounds of it the place sounded like it was both enchanting, mysterious, and peaceful.

There was a bit of curiosity flickering in his eyes. Jacob could be a lot of things, but even he like to know a bit about the world around him. His mind on the other hand had other concerns and he wanted those address first. Besides it wasn't that big of a deal. He could always come back and ask more about this place if he truly wanted to. He might even see this mare again. Hopefully he would be doing all of that with his twin again.  

As much as he would rather move on and not chat he felt like it would be rather rude to just leave. Collecting himself he replied “Hello Rexanna it is nice to meet you. I am Jacob, but you can call me Jake if you wish. I see this place seems nice so thanks for the welcoming. Do you know any place out of this rain? Any more of this and I will melt right here on the spot.” There was a bit of him that was about to ask another question, but something told him that would be a long conversion and he was in no mood for that. He would ask once they were in a dryer place. Well at least that what he hopes.

@Rexanna I know I am so excited! I can't wait to roleplay with all of you!

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
I’ve become a simple souvenir of someone’s kill
As she moved closer to the stallion, he seemed to step away. So the Thief halted her steps, oceanic gaze seeking his out as her smile stayed on her lips. She could understand that the stallion perhaps might not want someone invading his space. She, too, felt similarly as she entered Helovia; uncertain if enemies of hers laid beyond the borders just waiting to snatch her up. But like those that had welcomed her, she offered this chocolate stallion a smile and the gentleness of her nature in his very own welcoming, despite the torrential rainstorm that had happened upon them during this Birdsong.

But her ivory ears tipped toward the creature as he spoke, his words reaching her ears and filing them away for later. “It’s a pleasure, Jake.” Her voice reached out soothingly, listening as he continued on. There was something about this Jake that seemed rather familiar, in a strange way. Push the idea away, she nodded briefly. “There’s an outcrop near here I can take you to, so we both can dry off? Unless you would like me to take you to the Basin. It won’t be raining there, but it will be cold. If that wouldn’t bother you?” Tilting her head slightly, her mane moved with - sticking to her neck and withers as her soaked polecat gazed up with hopeful eyes. Perhaps he would come home with them, and in turn they could get out of the rain.

It was something that Rexanna wasn’t quite used to, since she had spent so much time away from the Threshold. She had been trying to place the right words together, to string them in a way that would convince those to join her on her adventure home. It was a bit of a trek to get there, but it was worth it at the end. At least she hoped others thought it to be worth it as well. She had been enjoying it, despite the never ending chill that grew within her bones. But she knew many that enjoyed it far more, with Johnny and Jellybean coming to the forefront of her mind. How the creature could be full of cheer and happiness even in a situation like this one baffled her. She knew Johnny well enough that he didn't have an ounce of angst in any of his peppermint body, and it was something she envied deep within her chest.

"Talk."
And like the sea—
I’m constantly changing from calm to ill.
Rexanna
image | coding

@Jacob eee :D
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!